What's new

shall the burqa be banned??

shall the burqa be banned by the governments ?

• Total voters
Chapter 24, Verses 30-31: Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty

I will take the bait again. Does it make sense to lower your gaze and guard modesty if you cant see anything in the first place? The Burqa argument?

Nice try trying to put this debate in terms of religion context, why don't you keep your interpretation to yourself because we are not a religious theocracy and do not accommodate to every joe. If you do not like it in the west, you can join your brethren in numerous middle eastern countries, where the burqa is not a security concern may be aside from iraq where ISIL wear them.

Just answering my question. Its not addressed to you hence no reason to get this charged up.

It's a security issue and if you disagree then I will not go further.
Iraq arrests 14 ISIL terrorists wearing niqab
I already said the video in post no.2 explains the view of a woman who actually wears a burqa...does her say no matter? and she said (since you didnt bother listening to the video) that she has no problem unveiling while entering banks, airports or whatever security threat she may pose!

And this is an outright lie ! Europe is a beacon of democracy and human rights and if more muslim countries would be like Europe we would live in a far better world.
You are so naive . Did you ever bothered what are the root cause of terrorism? its actually wrong foreign policies of political leaders who often take the side of aggressor and keep changing their friends and foes of certain political interests..We are watching how Israel committing terrorism on defenceless poor civilians but still champion of human rights are taking the side of terrorist Israel and defending its right of killing civilians. UK/Europe leadership may be good for their own people or citizen but when it come to other countries they often have double standards and two faced policies and then might become right

Nice try trying to put this debate in terms of religion context, why don't you keep your interpretation to yourself because we are not a religious theocracy and do not accommodate to every joe. If you do not like it in the west, you can join your brethren in numerous middle eastern countries, where the burqa is not a security concern may be aside from iraq where ISIL wear them.
Dude those who wear the burqa picked it up from somewhere! Why are you so hell bent and pissed about something you refuse to even read about?

I am basically the only one here holding the democracy for what it is by definition! Not for the partial definition on what one wants it to stand for!

Please dont quote me I can see you have made up your mind on the issue so why bother taking about it?

I for once am not wearing a burqa yet I am supporting someone's choice of wearing it yet I am the one who should get out of the West which was supposed to be different ....and yet I who refuse to equate West to Arab and what shit is going on there is at wrong while you who are equating and repeatedly comparing yourself to skewed laws need an applause?

I already said the video in post no.2 explains the view of a woman who actually wears a burqa...does her say no matter? and she said (since you didnt bother listening to the video) that she has no problem unveiling while entering banks, airports or whatever security threat she may pose!
So will she unveil herself to every stranger on the street that requests her to be seen, like i said putting yourself in a barrier deters interaction and leads to ghettos. Show me results that proves the european muslims are integrated because ethnic ghettos start from precedence like these where a person can shield themselves from the wider society. We have the right to see your face whether it be a bandanna or mask or niqab and no two ways around it.

Where do you plan to bring the implosion and most importantly a Kemal from, my friend? Gotta love the man who had the face of his country changed overnight. Half of the visionaries we have, are spending their life abroad, speak of Pakistani leaders seriously. The others either taking the country to gutters or planning ways to overthrow the Govt without seeing the big picture. If you want to be realistic, Armstrong, greener pastures are much more near than the invisible revolution and Pakistan actually becoming Jinnah's Pakistan. You cant do jack by working your *** off if the system's gamed against you and there are no signs that its either changing or improving.

I guess we're going to have to be the Kemals & the Jinnahs of our times - Every Pakistani who cares can make this Our Father's Pakistan !

Those who are spending their life abroad - Good for them; I'd rather work my arse off within the system with all its shortcomings & do something about it !

You do your part....I do my part & even if nothing happens at least either of us won't be standing before the Quaid with our head's hanging in shame & maybe we'd find others who want to do their part & in time the country will change because we've changed !

Or we can call it 'Game Over' right now & jump ship off to the Canadas, the UK & the Americas of the world & complain endlessly about the troubles that befall Pakistan !

@flamer84 who are you to speak on behalf of British people? They give shit about Romanian and i don't understand why you are bringing irrelevant comparison here.
Whaooo Brother this is not about Romania...He has his rights to speak his mind everyone does!

But I agree with the irrelevant comparison going on here! Everyone wants to be Arab I guess! Thats what I get coz normal people compare themselves to people who are better than them or whom they want to be but everyone on this thread wanna be Arabs! :blink:

Dude those who wear the burqa picked it up from somewhere! Why are you so hell bent and pissed about something you refuse to even read about?

I am basically the only one here holding the democracy for what it is by definition! Not for the partial definition on what one wants it to stand for!

Please dont quote me I can see you have made up your mind on the issue so why bother taking about it?

I for once am not wearing a burqa yet I am supporting someone's choice of wearing it yet I am the one who should get out of the West which was supposed to be different ....and yet I who refuse to equate West to Arab and what shit is going on there is at wrong while you who are equating and repeatedly comparing yourself to skewed laws need an applause?
I have not been rude to you at all this whole time and have not taken your bait despite my fast and if you simply disagree don't use terms like "don't quote me." Show me the results and i will believe you but you probably can't because East ham does not look like the beacon of light for western world and forget security because that is not existent in that area.

So will she unveil herself to every stranger on the street that requests her to be seen,
That is again violating privacy rights! She will unveil in front of authority (as she said in another interview) so unless everyone on the street is authority and pushing violation of privacy is allowed like in Arab (your fav comparing country)....
like i said putting yourself in a barrier deters interaction and leads to ghettos. Show me results that proves the european muslims are integrated because ethnic ghettos start from precedence like these where a person can shield themselves from the wider society. We have the right to see your face whether it be a bandanna or mask or niqab and no two ways around it.
You actually dont...No where in the constitution does it state so! In fact they have the rights to do what they please, dress as they please!

I will take the bait again. Does it make sense to lower your gaze and guard modesty if you cant see anything in the first place? The Burqa argument?
Sorry took time getting to you....I dont get your question...

Whaooo Brother this is not about Romania...He has his rights to speak his mind everyone does!

But I agree with the irrelevant comparison going on here! Everyone wants to be Arab I guess! Thats what I get coz normal people compare themselves to people who are better than them or whom they want to be but everyone on this thread wanna be Arabs! :blink:

yea sure he has right to speak of his mind but this topic is about burqa and its not about comparison of Europe with Afghanistan or KSA. He is speaking like if he is the representative of all Europe and champion of human rights

your bait despite my fast
What bait? Dear god you people think everyone has agendas just like you guys? All I am for is the freedom the damn west promises!

Show me the results and i will believe you but you probably can't because East ham does not look like the beacon of light for western world and forget security because that is not existent in that area.
I would like to see results of the crap stated in this very thread in an effort to prove nothing...And I am the only one who brought in the background everyone else picked at Arabia or Pakistan!

Why did you pick East Ham and not Cambridge...if you dont know there are certain areas in Cambridge which are desi!

Why didnt you pick Wales? We have an enormous Pathan society there!

Why the selective picking?

@flamer84 who are you to speak on behalf of British people? They give shit about Romanian and i don't understand why you are bringing irrelevant comparison here.

Don't abuse the Romanians like this - The people of Romania are fine people who are misrepresented by the media !

Learn to disagree with respect !

@flamer84 - I apologize for this disparaging comment about Romanians by my compatriot !

yea sure he has right to speak of his mind but this topic is about burqa and its not about comparison of Europe with Afghanistan or KSA. He is speaking like if he is the representative of all Europe and champion of human rights
everyone is equating Europe to Asia...Makes me feel like they look up at Arabs and wanna be in the same boat as them :unsure:

You are so naive . Did you ever bothered what are the root cause of terrorism? its actually wrong foreign policies of political leaders who often take the side of aggressor and keep changing their friends and foes of certain political interests..We are watching how Israel committing terrorism on defenceless poor civilians but still champion of human rights are taking the side of terrorist Israel and defending its right of killing civilians. UK/Europe leadership may be good for their own people or citizen but when it come to other countries they often have double standards and two faced policies and then might become right

This issue is specifically about Niqab and it's detriment to society. Nobody is denying that we have not made mistakes and like @Armstrong said that we should remain neutral in all international conflicts and most western countries are. International politics are run based on interest and the sooner you accept this, the better it will be for our constructive discussion. Our interest are right now aligned with Israel as far as trades are concern but it does not mean we support their actions especially their disproportionate response in gaza.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom