What's new

shall the burqa be banned??

shall the burqa be banned by the governments ?

• Total voters
Have you tried a burqa??
I have.
It so happened that to enter a mosque I was asked to wear a burqa.
I realized that burqa which is very loose and extraordinarily long (like the one the lady was wearing in the pic) is not one of the most comfortable clothing specially so in summers.
My experience inside a muslim gals college(UAE) reinforced my beliefs.
So unless by choice a female should not be forced to wear burqa.

You did not answer my question, did she tell you she was uncomfortable? Yes or no? You have just told me your opinion which I did not care nor ask for.

Have you tried a burqa??
I have.
I realized that burqa which is very loose and extraordinarily long (like the one the lady was wearing in the pic) is not one of the most comfortable clothing specially so in summers.
you tried it in a mosque (i presume air conditioned)how can you understand how it feels elsewhere? Its their choice to wear it with the thoughts of hell is hotter than earth and survive the test they put themselves in...still it all sums up to their choice!

Lady in the Burqa told you she was uncomfortable? :lol:

Nothing should be banned, want to wear a full body cover by all means, want to wear revealing clothing by all means.

So bikinis in KSA and Iran are allright with You?
Get them to change the laws and treatment of women then.

That is a much more critical problem.

I have heard feminists saying burqa is a symbol of female oppression being forced upon them by muslim men.
Hmmm....those women seriously are weird...they were forced doesnt mean every women was or is...nor does it give any basis to ban it for those who want it!

However the country ban bit is nothing feminist there....

Yes Ban burqa and promote Hijab, look how cute they are!

tumblr_mlgtkmlyQt1s4z31yo1_500.jpg

:D

This is about GROUP PRESSURE. If people are serious about personal freedom, then the first focus would be laws in Muslim Countries that forces Women to wear Burqa or even veils.

One bad act doesn't justify the second. I believe in complete freedom all over the world. If Arabs impose burqa, it doesn't justify the right of wearing burqa in Europe. Both should be equally condemned

So bikinis in KSA and Iran are alright with You?
Get them to change the laws and treatment of women then.

That is a much more critical problem.

Sure why not? If women want to walk around like that its on them, the only thing I agree on is if there is a dress code in place in private buildings or state owned buildings then it is understandable to ask people to dress a certain way.

You did not answer my question, did she tell you she was uncomfortable? Yes or no? You have just told me your opinion which I did not care nor ask for.
The lady LOOKS uncomfortable.
Its takes an iota of common sense to understand what i was trying to put forward.
But then misconstruing a post and pushing somebody to the wall is your old habit.

Before I can vote I need a clear definition of what a Burqa is does it cover the face or not. Also is it a tribal tradition or muslim?
Does it really matter? when you claim to be living in modern and free country, such technicalities shouldn't matter. You wear burqa or pajama, you have the right to do so.

Judging something a security risk does not just mean basing off of whether it has been a security risk in the past or present but also the future. Is it possible the Burqa (loose clothing and covering face) could be a security risk? Could a weapon be hidden under it? Could a criminal use it to avoid security? Judging something a security risk is more complicated than you may think.
It is definitely possible but how many incidents has taken place in Europe. Most of these incidents where men hiding under veil of burqa were taken place in South Asian countries. It should be the concern of Pakistan / Afghanistan not Europe.

Have you tried a burqa??
I have.

Thankfully no lady in my family or my extended family & relatives wears a Burqa ! :smokin:

They use a chaddar for the purpose of covering up if they feel the need to; besides I don't see why the Burqa - Arab Culture - ought to be considered a part of Islam ! :undecided:

Damn....Levina Apa I'm eating some Afghani Mutton Kebabs - You vegetarians don't know what you're missing out on ! :bunny:

I hope that burqa is banned as muslim aside from Canada have to start integrating so If you cant speak english/french and still want to live in ethnic ghettos, then i suggest you should go back in all honesty. I have been to Europe and in contrast to our community here, their future outlook is not that great ie.Eastlondon
Also the muslims that keep fighting here for so called equality should check themselves in the mirror. Yesterday according to my pakistani friend, 5 orthodox muslims were killed in a systemetic genocide in the port city of karachi, so stop obsessing with west and focus on your problems. Also before someone accuses me of being politically incorrect or islamphobia, I am a canadien muslim so dont bother playing that old card eh.

Last edited:
So Europe stands with Terrorists and has the mindset that ONLY terrorists can wear it? Or thanks to the terrorists we can ban it?

Sometimes laws are created to protect minorities and the majority are asked to show solidarity
with the minority. In this case people are asked to show solidarity with repressed women
both in Western Europe and countries like Iran and KSA.
There are similar laws to protect alcoholics.

Sure why not? If women want to walk around like that its on them, the only thing I agree on is if there is a dress code in place in private buildings or state owned buildings then it is understandable to ask people to dress a certain way.

Now we're talking the talk.We all support changes in the muslim world but we all know it won't happen soon so talk is cheap.On the other hand Europe should give everything.No,it shouldn't and banning the burqa is nowhere near some repulsive things that happen to religious minorities in muslim countries,even debating this is stupid.

The lady LOOKS uncomfortable.
Its takes an iota of common sense to understand what i was trying to put forward.
But then misconstruing a post and pushing somebody to the wall is your old habit.

How did you deduce such a thing? Did the emotions of her face betray her? You know, the face that you cannot even see?

Thankfully no lady in my family or my extended family & relatives wears a Burqa ! :smokin:

They use a chaddar for the purpose of covering up if they feel the need to; besides I don't see why the Burqa - Arab Culture - ought to be considered a part of Islam ! :undecided:
Yeah right!!
Just because burqa is worn by arabs doesnt mean it should be forced on muslim women around the world.
It doesnt make any sense.

Armstrong said:
Damn....Levina Apa I'm eating some Afghani Mutton Kebabs - You vegetarians don't know what you're missing out on ! :bunny:

I dont live to eat instead I eat to live.:coffee:
I am a very happy vegetarian.

Back
Top Bottom