What's new

shall the burqa be banned??

shall the burqa be banned by the governments ?

• Total voters
@Akheilos btw,i saw a japanese guy and his Romanian wife dressed in kimonos the other.Just like the burqa "incident" i had a "wtf ? moment" but unlike the burqa it was a pleasant "wtf moment" and it had me smiling instantly.Diversity is good when it's beautifull.

The difference is that kimonos are not enforced on neither women or men.

Whenever you see a burqa, you get a reminder that many muslim countries repress women,
and you get indigestion.
Banning burqa and veil USED AS A UNIFORM improves the quality of life for the majority of Europeans.

The difference is that kimonos are not enforced on neither women or men.

Whenever you see a burqa, you get a reminder that many muslim countries repress women,
and you get indigestion.
Banning burqa and veil USED AS A UNIFORM improves the quality of life for the majority of Europeans.

Exactly my thoughts my Nordic European friend.:-):cheers:

A good way to prove what I'm saying, ask a few children, children are brutal, theirs honesty in what they say which makes it brutal. Ask them to name the words that come in to their mind when they see a woman in a burqa, the majority of them would say something that we would find offensive had an adult said it, or maybe they laughed because they find it funny and uncommon, I am sure that there would be a few of those kids who might mention the word 'terrorist' or something that implies this.
It's a sad fact of human nature and the times we live in.
Well kids repeats what is mentioned in their homes...or what the tv keeps uttering to the parents...

The only logical reason I get about the ban of burqa is the security risk
Now I have not heard of security risk of burqa anywhere in Europe. No incident has ever taken place under the veil so it is illogical to think like that. It is just a personal agenda to impose your own version of liberalism by snatching away the freedom of those who wear burqa as part of their attire.

Do not confuse Burka with covering the FACE altogether.
Burka's responsibility is only from shoulders downwards....As long as the face and facial features are visible why would someone infringe on such a basic right?

Before I can vote I need a clear definition of what a Burqa is does it cover the face or not. Also is it a tribal tradition or muslim?

@Aether
Judging something a security risk does not just mean basing off of whether it has been a security risk in the past or present but also the future. Is it possible the Burqa (loose clothing and covering face) could be a security risk? Could a weapon be hidden under it? Could a criminal use it to avoid security? Judging something a security risk is more complicated than you may think.

improves the quality of life for the majority of Europeans.
How so? :pop:

I cannot force my view on anyone. Also its their country after all.
Yet somehow it doesnt happen for Burqa?

The last picture seems Hungarian.

Everything goes.............................................................................................except the burqa.We're 99.99% tolerant,i like those numbers.Let the rest of the world reach this,and we can negociate from there.
?

Well I am sure it was a cultural shock not many years back when women didnt use to use jeans and some started using them...eventually they were accepted...

You can't call those things culture shocks, those may have been deviant or trendy, but not culture shocks. Many kids here, including girls started shaving half the side of their head, it was very abnormal, but what was it associated with to the people who found it abnormal? -Teens rebelling, kids and their new trends, some existing sub cultures and music.

What is the burqa related with when people find it deviant? -Islamic extremism, alien cultures, security threat, terrorism, everything bad people see about us in the news and on the internet.

Huge, huge difference between the two, you see?

I dont mind speaking against other reasons! Seriously I would never side a force for Burqa like I will never side the other side of the coin of banning it!

I am completely against banning it too, that's a violation of freedom and my freedom is more dear to me than that woman and her burqa and that man and his dissatisfaction at the burqa.

It is due to intolerance and lack of understanding that such security issues happen.The very fact many are afraid out of ignorance is crazy!

Ignorance is the new world order! Human knowledge and ability to understand and adapt is finite, and the need to understand more, the need to know more and adapt is infinite and rising fast. :-)

I wouldnt be shocked as it was the woman's choice but that was an example...

Now this worse shock and scary thing is because people have actually started believing they can put pressure on their government and call a 4th generation European a foreigner with ideas that dont belong in Europe! That mindset is disgusting! 4th generation still being called foreigners! How many generations should pass for the person to be called European...its not like when a fresh Pakistani, Turk or Saudi gets out of their land and starts wearing Western clothes she is still a Asian not European!

It's very sad, but every misunderstood Brit I've come across, I've come across 10 who oppose. Which is why I love these people and this country. They manage that despite all the bad press and knowledge of the problems.
United_Kingdom.gif

Many Westerners do it everytime....I have heard alot of racism but in hushed voices....from a large number of Europeans though many dont care at all about such thins!

People here think differently, I've seen some kids and some less wise people do this, but not the average ones and not the educated and well established. But again, you can't blame them for being human, we are programmed to spot differences and perceive difference as a threat. We've gone to war over less. :P

It is the human natural way to not accept something new....however to ban it coz you dont accept is nothing less than intolerance!

Agreed.

The only ones worried are those who dont know....but how is wearing a burqa equate to a dagger?

It's uncommon, it's not native to the culture, it can be viewed as a security threat and it comes with it's list of connotations and it is either motivated in some way or associated with religion.

We do...No burqa wearing woman goes over to a half naked one and orders her to cover up! So if she can stand watching the half naked one why not the other way round? just my 2 cents!

Aye, in an ideal world, yes. But here, we are the people they need to tolerate, and our times are not helping in that matter, perhaps it's worth a little sacrifice, we have moved here and imposed ourselves in most cases, it's a balancing act. Burqa ban wrong, freedom, necessity and choice and very different

Deep down inside you want it banned.God has guided your hands to make the right choice.:rofl::cheers:

Don't give us any ideas, we're fasting here and completely in a state of hypnosis.

I wouldn't, that's me personally, my subconscious is a wild animal, but one I like to keep in a separate room somewhere on sedatives. If I do have some innate reactions, I do not act upon them, many Muslim men (I noticed this walking to my local mosque on Friday) have developed this intriguing reaction to some things. I don't know if this is only a Ramadan specific phenomenon. These friends of mine have are like any men, immature, like their banter, talk a lot about football and politics, all unmarried. A young lady walked along the same path of the road along us, usually they are looking around, eye balling everything and staring at people who even stare back, in this instance I saw all of them immediately look away at focus elsewhere and eventually cross the street (you know how narrow some of the pedestrian ways are here).
So while I agree that all men have an instinct to this sort of thing, not all have to act upon these instincts, that's in our control.
That is the problem...those who dont have control dotn have it written on their foreheads :(

I have a Swedish friend, who bought a burqa, when he was out travelling and went to work
dressed in it (he is a bit odd, harmless but odd). I guess it helped him being a consultant
and expert APL programmer (not a lot of those around).
I see little reason (except security) for not allowing him to wear it.

I quite like my Sarong, Kimono, Chinese Bamboo Hat, Arab Keffiyeh and Peruvian poncho,
so I have nothing as such against exotic dresses.

I have a Swedish friend, who bought a burqa, when he was out travelling and went to work
dressed in it (he is a bit odd, harmless but odd). I guess it helped him being a consultant
and expert APL programmer (not a lot of those around).
I see little reason (except security) for not allowing him to wear it.

I quite like my Sarong, Kimono, Chinese Bamboo Hat, Arab Keffiyeh and Peruvian poncho,
so I have nothing as such against exotic dresses.

Ok that made me laugh. He really is a bit odd, though he's not the only one. Burqa is also popular with male terrorists in Pakistan and Afghanistan. There are a number of photos of burqa wearing terrorists on the internet.

This beauty for instance was arrested from Afghanistan:
taliban-drag-e1333078688250.jpg

You can't call those things culture shocks, those may have been deviant or trendy, but not culture shocks. Many kids here, including girls started shaving half the side of their head, it was very abnormal, but what was it associated with to the people who found it abnormal? -Teens rebelling, kids and their new trends, some existing sub cultures and music.
What is the burqa related with when people find it deviant? -Islamic extremism, alien cultures, security threat, terrorism, everything bad people see about us in the news and on the internet.
Huge, huge difference between the two, you see?
Hence my question...who fed them those phobia and thoughts? Its not natural but media slaves!

I am completely against banning it too, that's a violation of freedom and my freedom is more dear to me than that woman and her burqa and that man and his dissatisfaction at the burqa.
Same here!

Ignorance is the new world order! Human knowledge and ability to understand and adapt is finite, and the need to understand more, the need to know more and adapt is infinite and rising fast.
Agreed

It's very sad, but every misunderstood Brit I've come across, I've come across 10 who oppose. Which is why I love these people and this country. They manage that despite all the bad press and knowledge of the problems.
:tup: I know a few from Uni....

People here think differently, I've seen some kids and some less wise people do this, but not the average ones and not the educated and well established. But again, you can't blame them for being human, we are programmed to spot differences and perceive difference as a threat. We've gone to war over less.
true but to put a ban on it?

It's uncommon, it's not native to the culture, it can be viewed as a security threat and it comes with it's list of connotations and it is either motivated in some way or associated with religion.
Yea so is nun's clothes or the Jewish Kippah?

Aye, in an ideal world, yes. But here, we are the people they need to tolerate, and our times are not helping in that matter, perhaps it's worth a little sacrifice, we have moved here and imposed ourselves in most cases, it's a balancing act. Burqa ban wrong, freedom, necessity and choice and very different
yea maybe...I am not for forcing Burqa but many move due to the freedom of everything and hence this ban is against that!

As in ...most of the dressing codes are accepted by Europe......except the burqa,i don't think we're asking to much.
why the exception?

One more thing I will be willing to say that Burqua or veil is the most modern form of dressing, wearing short clothes and covering with leaves were the dressing of stone age people. So, the people who want woman to be uncovered should first think that their thinking still reside in stone age.

Islam gives right to every woman to cover properly. Also it is personal right of a woman, not governmental right.

Back
Top Bottom