What's new

Shahed-136 - Tracking usage & expanding understanding.

Not really, cruise missiles and ballistic missiles were much more devastating at the start of the war.

No one wants to copy your drones, US has far more and better suicide drones than Iran. They're studying your weapon to counter it better.

Yes really! Why waste all that money on cruise missiles to take out electricity grids and air defence when you can do it at a fraction of the cost? Ballistic missiles werent even properly used at the beginning of the war, only cruise missiles and airstrikes. Man you're way out of your depth here!

If they did then they would have faith in their technology and wouldnt need to study it...says a lot about Iranian technology whereby the yanks have second guessed themselves and need to have a closer look. Iranian drones are deadly against US air defences so obviously our technology has some advantages which they want to learn from it. No matter how you twist it, Iranians have made a great impact on the war...and this wont bode well with the big nosed occupiers of Palestine, am I right Bjorn?

So what if it's called occupation, even Arab countries and their supporters say the same thing about our Islands. west is the biggest occupier and supporter of occupation.

Today they may buy our gas, but later would sanction us and use it as leverage again, and if as you say their relation improves again, then they will have economical motivation as well, beside their enmity toward Iran.

What we get from this war? high oil and gas prices, enough customers without the need for JCPOA, a market for our military and civilian products, (basically MAPNA replaced siemens in Russia), plus

our enemies are busy somewhere else, and will have less resources to engage with us, they are weakened and less capable of enforcing their sanctions against us. the pro-Russia officials will be in our favor too. plus many more, but I think it's enough for now.
We ain't west neither Russia, we are Iranians whom would reject war and occupation, my point is why we were absent at the UNGA if we have a clear policy towards this issue? are we afraid of something? on one hand our FM reject presence of Iranian S-136 on other hand Russia would tell it everywhere.
On gas, as far as I know we were the first who tried to export it gas to EU back in 90s through Turkey and still it is not happening. my question was deeper that this conflict. You'd get leverage & money too by exporting gas to EU ... but if you don't wanna export gas there why has tried to sign another deal by Turkey for cheap gas? get worse when:

"...MOSCOW — In an apparent move to solidify Moscow’s hold over European energy markets, President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia on Thursday offered to export more gas via Turkey and turn the country into a regional supply hub for Russian gas exports to European countries..."​
"...For Mr. Erdogan, the benefits involve cheap energy, a large export market, renewed Russian tourism and, crucially, apparent Russian acquiescence to his efforts to crush Kurdish separatism in Syria, where Russia supports the Syrian government of Bashar al-Assad..."​
Does Turkey provide Russia with drones or Ukraine? who provide Russia with drones? and what we get? anyone any country that export oil would benefit of the conflict as prices soar but what we get exclusively? Turkey would become energy hub and we would be? hub of sanction?

China receive cheap oil and gas and export it to EU, the same goes for Turkey and meanwhile none of get involved in the war as we do ... doesn't China wanna keep NATO at bay?

Russia has bugged down in a war that it started 8 months ago and losing lands, not even been able to have an complete air campaign over this country. even they could not to get to Odesa let alone other plans they had.

On "our enemies are busy somewhere else, and will have less resources to engage with us" well it is the American plan to prolong the war as long as it possible to beat Russia not Russia plan .... Russia would be lucky to keep what has occupied .. ... as I said Russia should have worked on gas pipeline instead of waging war .. now not only EU has fallen into the US dominance Ukraine and more countries would join NATO which makes this war and your argument meaningless.

PM: sorry on drilling the thread and off topic post.

We ain't west neither Russia, we are Iranians whom would reject war and occupation, my point is why we were absent at the UNGA if we have a clear policy towards this issue? are we afraid of something? on one hand our FM reject presence of Iranian S-136 on other hand Russia would tell it everywhere.
On gas, as far as I know we were the first who tried to export it gas to EU back in 90s through Turkey and still it is not happening. my question was deeper that this conflict. You'd get leverage & money too by exporting gas to EU ... but if you don't wanna export gas there why has tried to sign another deal by Turkey for cheap gas? get worse when:

"...MOSCOW — In an apparent move to solidify Moscow’s hold over European energy markets, President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia on Thursday offered to export more gas via Turkey and turn the country into a regional supply hub for Russian gas exports to European countries..."​
"...For Mr. Erdogan, the benefits involve cheap energy, a large export market, renewed Russian tourism and, crucially, apparent Russian acquiescence to his efforts to crush Kurdish separatism in Syria, where Russia supports the Syrian government of Bashar al-Assad..."​
Does Turkey provide Russia with drones or Ukraine? who provide Russia with drones? and what we get? anyone any country that export oil would benefit of the conflict as prices soar but what we get exclusively? Turkey would become energy hub and we would be? hub of sanction?

China receive cheap oil and gas and export it to EU, the same goes for Turkey and meanwhile none of get involved in the war as we do ... doesn't China wanna keep NATO at bay?

Russia has bugged down in a war that it started 8 months ago and losing lands, not even been able to have an complete air campaign over this country. even they could not to get to Odesa let alone other plans they had.

On "our enemies are busy somewhere else, and will have less resources to engage with us" well it is the American plan to prolong the war as long as it possible to beat Russia not Russia plan .... Russia would be lucky to keep what has occupied .. ... as I said Russia should have worked on gas pipeline instead of waging war .. now not only EU has fallen into the US dominance Ukraine and more countries would join NATO which makes this war and your argument meaningless.

PM: sorry on drilling the thread and off topic post.
The eu effectively sanctioned itself out of any and all access to iranian gas waay back in the early 2010s over the nuclear issue.
Attempts to reactivate these old projects after the jcpoa was signed collapsed with trumps new sanctions.

I found this......
media%2FFfyrmOsWAAAVYnW.jpg

.....I quite liked it.
Not technically accurate of course as the ukraine isnt formally a part of nato.....yet.
But it does look good. :enjoy:
media%2FFf8CjaAXgBQE656.jpg

Reminds me of this scene:
were_not_worthy_waynes_world.gif

Last edited:
yes I know it’s not a fair comparison, but it was saying drone warfare still is awhile away from taking over a modern battlefield, that’s the only thing I’m saying the shaheed drones are performing better than anyone ever expected. Most modern anti aircraft can down a b 52 height, but trying to down a shaheed drone seems to a lot harder, also wouldn’t call shaheed drone crappy, they seem to be doing the job, I’d be afraid if those drones were shot off at sea at Israel , I highly doubt Israel southern front sea is as defended as their northern front,pretty sure the Iranians know that
You're saying so much nonsense. Those drones are easily shut down, it's merely a problem of Ukraine lacking and extensive and complete data-linked radar system, those drones aren't stealthy, don't maneuver and fly relatively high. If even an old Soviet system like some TOR M1 would be at the right place it could shoot those down at 100 percent rate. The problem with Ukraine is the lack of communication between air defenses.

Your "doubts" are stupid, we are not Saudi Arabia that leaves their back wide open without radar coverage. We have the missiles (naval Barak 8, David's Sling, Iron Dome) which can cover our assets.

We ain't west neither Russia, we are Iranians whom would reject war and occupation
Lol. So do you participate in the revolts around your country?

Iranian drones are controllable as well. The US has Switchblade 600, which is still smaller than Shahed. And that "primitive drone" has been systematically destroying khohol military and energy infrastructure for over a month now, pretty good for primitive work imo.

I'm sure Switchblades costs 70k a unit because the workers are just payed higher wages! Yes, of course! Not the cost multipliers that MIC slaps on their overpriced garbage to milk their government. And even if they didn't, Shahed would be cheaper.

Yes they are intercepted with expensive AD missiles, kinda half the point. There is no near-term panacea against these drones when used in swarms.

Now piss off Shlomo, you're polluting this great thread with your nasty jewish pilpul tactics!
No they aren't lol, Iran doesn't have SATCOM so it's pretty much impossible to have controlled suicide drones, let alone long ranged ones.

The effect of the drones used really isn't different than the effect of ballistic missiles used by Russia, Ukraine couldn't intercept those at all, meanwhile Ukraine is intercepting quite a lot of those drones.

Soon more advanced air defenses and radar systems would be added in Ukraine's arsenal.

Last edited:
Its not surprising when you see that even western short ranged guided antitank weapons like the javelin cost around $200,000+ a piece.
Frankly I think that a western mic produced shahed 136 equivalent would easily cost in the multiple hundreds of thousands of dollars range.
A large portion of the cost include the manpower cost, in case of war (within Ukraine) they can exclude manpower cost.

No they aren't lol, Iran doesn't have SATCOM so it's pretty much impossible to have controlled suicide drones, let alone long ranged ones.

The effect of the drones used really isn't different than the effect of ballistic missiles used by Russia, Ukraine couldn't intercept those at all, meanwhile Ukraine is intercepting quite a lot of those drones.

Soon more advanced air defenses and radar systems would be added in Ukraine's arsenal.

Complete delusion, Iranian drones have hit moving targets, which requires a great degree of control. Ukrainians have admitted battlefield use of Iranian drones.

I've seen more Shahed hits than shootdowns, no skin of Russia's back if Ukraine blows up a 20k drone with a 500k ADF missile, like I said it's half the point.

And they will waste missiles in SEAD and be destroyed in DEAD attacks. Iran and Russia can slap together doritos fast than westoids can assemble missiles in freezing cold factories with eye watering operating costs.

Complete delusion, Iranian drones have hit moving targets, which requires a great degree of control. Ukrainians have admitted battlefield use of Iranian drones.

I've seen more Shahed hits than shootdowns, no skin of Russia's back if Ukraine blows up a 20k drone with a 500k ADF missile, like I said it's half the point.

And they will waste missiles in SEAD and be destroyed in DEAD attacks. Iran and Russia can slap together doritos fast than westoids can assemble missiles in freezing cold factories with eye watering operating costs.
Hit moving targets my ***, guesstimating a massive ship's coordinates based on its direction and speed isn't called being able to hit moving targets.

Ukraine itself said those drones can't hit moving targets. Of course they're battlefield used, they're weapons lmao.

You're braindead, you think reality is entirely based on your subjective view of the world, which shows how brainwashed you are, the content you consume is generally based on algorithms that know your personality, feeding you with content to your liking. You don't like Shahed's being shot down, so you see less of them.

SEAD my ***, way more Russian planes were shot down than SAM sites were blown up, I bet you can also slap those 50 million dollar Sukhois together, right?

Fool, this drone doesn't change the war. Doesn't change the fact Russia has been humiliated. No one takes them seriously, no one except maybe some 3rd world shithole countries in Africa are ever going to buy Russian weaponry anymore, Iran is getting torn up from revolts.

You're saying so much nonsense. Those drones are easily shut down, it's merely a problem of Ukraine lacking and extensive and complete data-linked radar system, those drones aren't stealthy, don't maneuver and fly relatively high. If even an old Soviet system like some TOR M1 would be at the right place it could shoot those down at 100 percent rate. The problem with Ukraine is the lack of communication between air defenses.

Your "doubts" are stupid, we are not Saudi Arabia that leaves their back wide open without radar coverage. We have the missiles (naval Barak 8, David's Sling, Iron Dome) which can cover our assets.

Lol. So do you participate in the revolts around your country?

I know I’m not a 12 year veteran of the idf military like you, one someone is operating them from a control center when they are hitting howitzers and military vehicles with pinpoint precision, so pretty maneuverable if they can fly into a smaller target like that,it’s not the same when you preprogram them to hit buildings etc, you want aircraft to fly below radar, you don’t want want them to fly high again I guess that’s why you were in the idf not iaf you should ask when they fly into Arab enemy territory if they fly high, my point is about your southern front again most of your resources are dedicated it Gaza, Syria and Lebanon and Jordan, yes I believe you have defenses there but your telling me they’re as highly defended as those areas, I’m sorry Daffy Duck 3, you being a 12 year veteran of the idf is very intimidating.

I think USA have better drones, even toys'r'us drones, than Shahed-136.

But I think not a country in this world have a cheaper drone than Shahed-136 capable of doing the same or more damage.

That is the key of success of Shahed-136: Price.

Last edited:
I think USA have better drones, even toys'r'us drones, than Shahed-136.

But I think not a country in this world have a cheaper drone than Shahed-136 capable of doing the same or more damage.

That is the key of success of Shahed-136: Price.
That's nonsense, Shahed-136 is just a copy of IAI Harpy, which has been on the market since 1989. Harpy costs 70,000$ per drone, export price.

1666822684887.png

China also copied the Harpy with their ASN-301 drones, some years after they bought Israeli Harpy drones.

I doubt Iranian drones are different than those ASN-301 suicide drones.

I know I’m not a 12 year veteran of the idf military like you, one someone is operating them from a control center when they are hitting howitzers and military vehicles with pinpoint precision, so pretty maneuverable if they can fly into a smaller target like that,it’s not the same when you preprogram them to hit buildings etc, you want aircraft to fly below radar, you don’t want want them to fly high again I guess that’s why you were in the idf not iaf you should ask when they fly into Arab enemy territory if they fly high, my point is about your southern front again most of your resources are dedicated it Gaza, Syria and Lebanon and Jordan, yes I believe you have defenses there but your telling me they’re as highly defended as those areas, I’m sorry Daffy Duck 3, you being a 12 year veteran of the idf is very intimidating.
No one is operating them from a control center, they're given coordinates on the spot and act accordingly.

Those drones *don't* fly low, they fly high, as seen here:

Its altitude is a few hundreds of meters, they're ground skimming.

But again I guess you can't help your false superiority complex and ego, keep thinking you know something when in reality you have no idea what you're talking about.

Hit moving targets my ***, guesstimating a massive ship's coordinates based on its direction and speed isn't called being able to hit moving targets.

Ukraine itself said those drones can't hit moving targets. Of course they're battlefield used, they're weapons lmao.

You're braindead, you think reality is entirely based on your subjective view of the world, which shows how brainwashed you are, the content you consume is generally based on algorithms that know your personality, feeding you with content to your liking. You don't like Shahed's being shot down, so you see less of them.

SEAD my ***, way more Russian planes were shot down than SAM sites were blown up, I bet you can also slap those 50 million dollar Sukhois together, right?

Fool, this drone doesn't change the war. Doesn't change the fact Russia has been humiliated. No one takes them seriously, no one except maybe some 3rd world shithole countries in Africa are ever going to buy Russian weaponry anymore, Iran is getting torn up from revolts.

Poor karachun. Dont be too tough on this kid guys. Put yourself in his shoes

Hes a ukrainian who moved into the home and bloodstained land of a genocided palestianian because zionist propaganda tells him he has a “right to return”
Because the area was inhabited 5000years ago by jews allegedly.

Now hes tearing his a hole apart from poor ukraine getting annexed, while watching Iranian weaponry humiliate the best the west has to offer repeatedly

From american bases themselves, to multi billion dollar saudi purchased garbage, to now ukraine.

20k Iranian drones that can be mass made by the thousands can easily penetrate western protected air defenses

His coping tolerance is reaching a breaking point. Tiny little shit stain he migrated to is not looking so secure anymore.

If i was him, id be spamming the shahed page as well with nonesense to try and make myself feel better

You can almost pity him, untill you remember that hea currently living on palestianian bloodstained land of a genocided multi generational family

Back
Top Bottom