What's new

Sex education in schools should be banned, Union health minister Harsh Vardhan says

So did every medical vaccine you know of that exists

So you want HIP followed by Vaccine and not the value based society where HIV can not come.Right?

State can control syllabus, not what happens in your household.
By value based education and society you can control House hold also. So it is more powerful. I only advocate strengthening that.

So you want HIP followed by Vaccine and not the value based society where HIV can not come.Right?

By value based education and society you can control House hold also. So it is more powerful. I only advocate strengthening that.
what exactly do u want?
what kind of value based education r u talking about??
n how do u think thats gonna work...?

how is it gonna help children understand reproduction/sexuality?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I do not want children to understan sexuality at this age. Like trigonometry is taught after standard 10 and calculas in std, 12, I want them to understand sexuality only after certain age.

yeh kab hota hai??

May be at the age of 18 when child go to college or after teen age.

In 2014, if parents are thinking that they won't let their children to know about sexuality (as Sex ed is being interpreted here) before they cross their puberty, they are utterly mistaken. The rapid mental progress of 21st century can not be contained by medieval orthodoxy.

In 2014, if parents are thinking that they won't let their children to know about sexuality (as Sex ed is being interpreted here) before they cross their puberty, they are utterly mistaken. The rapid mental progress of 21st century can not be contained by medieval orthodoxy.

That is why it should be diverted towards good thing.

The question is that if you can not prevent something, should you suppot that? should you not try to prevent it though you are not fully successful.

That is why it should be diverted towards good thing.

The question is that if you can not prevent something, should you suppot that? should you not try to prevent it though you are not fully successful.
Indian schools tremendously focus upon autobiographies, Yogas and ethics. But that does not stopp pupils to lurk around darker corners of the streets. You just can't stop kids staring at a sensuous advertisement displayed on a large bill board when he is on his way back home from school. You just can't stop him when he shuts his door and googles about the it on internet. You can not stop him watching "Ram Leela" if he wants to watch it when his parents are not at home.

What you are wishing is a complete cultural revolution which is not possible today in my opinion, neither I believe that proper sex education deny any kind of conformity with Indian culture.We are putting sex education to guillotine just because we do not like to watch sensuous staffs on Tv. That does not sound too plausible to me.

I do not want children to understan sexuality at this age
which age???we r not talking about primary school children here.....n moreover with easy tv and internet access,what more damage can sex ed class do??
i hope,,u do realize that children have a lot of queries regarding sexuality n growing bodies......

Like trigonometry is taught after standard 10 and calculas in std, 12, I want them to understand sexuality only after certain age.
i had trigonometry in class X and calculus in class XI...:D.....

May be at the age of 18 when child go to college or after teen age.
visit the labor room of any govt. hospital in India.....u will be surprised to see the amount of teen pregnancies,,,,,,that may change ur mind

visit the labor room of any govt. hospital in India.....u will be surprised to see the amount of teen pregnancies,,,,,,that may change ur mind
Thank you for pointing that. It is a mess in our country and hell, we are still discouraging sex education.

Sex education should be taught definitely but not at 12 and 13. Perhaps around 16 is good. Dr. Harsh Vardhan really needs to see the importance of this.

Promiscuity is already common in teens here.

In countries with no sex education, teenage pregnancy is rampant.

It is better to educate early so children are knowledgeable.
that is not an issue in India, but even then children need sex education, even the same minister accepts it now (after backlash from media).

There is no marginalization of women in india according to you. Great then! Onus is on your argument as you proposed the magnanimity of women warriors and leaders representing the exceptional track record of gender equality in India. Now if you go propose this to any "sane" women in India there sentiment will obliterate your argument

Aare wah. At least I had our legends and historic figures to back my claims, whereas what did you have to back your claims, your brain farts?

For majority of Indian women those are heroines and reverence worthy. Going by your arguments, Arundhati Roy seems your definition of sane woman.

you imply sex education doesn't will not prevent STD's, do you the about the advent of STd's especially Hiv? if you are sure no sex ed is the best way to go, then good luck.

Ya, that is why the figures for HIV are higher in USA and the rest of Americas than in India even when India has 4 times the population of America.

you don't want state to interfere with your child's education then home school them.

I do not consider "sex education" education. I would rather the state concentrated on Maths, Science, Language, History, and the likes. Indians rejected the idea of a nanny state when they threw out UPA.

"begin sex education with your spouse"... best of luck with that....

Yep. That is the way to control STDs and STIs.

I grew up in an educated family with progressive values, and we had sex education in our school. I would appreciate if you do not make snide remarks on my upbringing, as i haven't made any such on yours.
thanks

Yeah you call married women institutionalized prostitutes and that is supposed to reflect your progressive values?

Back
Top Bottom