What's new

Sex education in schools should be banned, Union health minister Harsh Vardhan says

For your education from the mouth of an honorable nativist Bong.

If all bongs are commies, then how can debal deb be a nativists?

Yes, extremely evil of kobiguru robi tagore to have worked bringing sri niketan and shanti niketan... Evil bangali indeed....

Indian schools tremendously focus upon autobiographies, Yogas and ethics. But that does not stopp pupils to lurk around darker corners of the streets. You just can't stop kids staring at a sensuous advertisement displayed on a large bill board when he is on his way back home from school. You just can't stop him when he shuts his door and googles about the it on internet. You can not stop him watching "Ram Leela" if he wants to watch it when his parents are not at home.

What you are wishing is a complete cultural revolution which is not possible today in my opinion, neither I believe that proper sex education deny any kind of conformity with Indian culture.We are putting sex education to guillotine just because we do not like to watch sensuous staffs on Tv. That does not sound too plausible to me.

No they doesn't. The schools are weternized today. They teach this symbolically. If you really want to see the effect of youga and value based education, go to the school run by Patanjali yog peeth or Samvid schoolrun by sadhvi rutumbhara or some gurukuls run by Swaminarayan sect. You will witness difference with your own eye.

If all bongs are commies, then how can debal deb be a nativists?
Yes, extremely evil of kobiguru robi tagore to have worked bringing sri niketan and shanti niketan... Evil bangali indeed..

As I edited, not all Bengalis are commies. The Hare Krishna vaishnavites for example. I like them and often listen to their songs too. Also the very fact that I was posting Debal Deb's video should have told you I do not do gross generalizations.

If you would have watched that video instead of just rushing to comment, you would have known that kobiguru robi tagore was disappointed with Bengal and Bengalis themselves at the end of his life. Not that I agree with all of his ideas, but it was sad knowing that he went to death an unhappy person.

Not that I agree with all of his ideas, but it was sad knowing that he went to death an unhappy person.

So you don't agree to all of his ideas... that's a good start.
You do not agree to all the ideas of a nationalist, but you still are a nationalist.... There is nothing wrong with that and I appreciate that.

But If I disagree with your view point, I am a commie or an american lackey or a mix of both... I wonder how this equation works. I believe spreading awareness among the youth will benefit and you don't. That is acceptable, but just because I dont agree to you viewpoint, I am typical NRI who is preaching aping of american values.... do you see the hypocrisy there

So you don't agree to all of his ideas... that's a good start.
You do not agree to all the ideas of a nationalist, but you still are a nationalist.... There is nothing wrong with that and I appreciate that.

When I said I did not agree with all of his ideas, I was talking about the comment in the video which held that he wanted Indians to get out of their differences based on caste, religion, language, lifestyle, and ethnicity. In other words, if I am getting it right, homogenization. As a nativist and a nationalist, I hold that people find a common ground as Indian while retaining all their distinctiveness.

You do not become a commie because you disagree with me, but based on your views. I have heard you declaring kaunse bazaar mein patriotism miltha hai, or some such statement to effect. Likewise, not just one or two statements but every single of your statements which is so out of tune with the society and its ethos that I know of.

A bit off-topic,but the posts of members of certain leanings in this thread is an excellent example of why India is the shit-hole it is today.Is it any wonder some parts of the country don't like the idea of assimilation with the mainland.

You do not become a commie because you disagree with me, but based on your views. I have heard you declaring kaunse bazaar mein patriotism miltha hai, or some such statement to effect. Likewise, not just one or two statements but every single of your statements which is so out of tune with the society and its ethos that I know of.

And my views on sex education reflects my communist ideology... do you realize how ridiculous it sounds? These gross generalizations are quite odd.

Every single of my statements! looks like you have read 5999 statements, madam, you don't know me or my political leanings to make sweeping statements about me.

As far as the topic at hand is concerned, I will advocate sex education at suitable ages. I do not believe there needs to be sex ed classes at the age of 12 and below, 13- 16 is good age to introduce sex education, do not misconstrue this as teaching kama sutra in school, social, physical and psychological aspects of sex, STD's needs to be taught.

You may dis agree, that is your choice.

And my views on sex education reflects my communist ideology... do you realize how ridiculous it sounds? These gross generalizations are quite odd.

Your views on sex education is just in accordance with your approval of everything that happens in West. Not thought out for its deeper and wider implications for the society, but just based on the literature put out by West as to what is desirable. While any discriminating person would have seen the very societies propagating such literature have a very poor outcome to show for their theories. To be as successful as America with its sex education, India will need to have 400+ million people infected with sexually transmitted diseases.

As far as the topic at hand is concerned, I will advocate sex education at suitable ages. I do not believe there needs to be sex ed classes at the age of 12 and below, 13- 16 is good age to introduce sex education, do not misconstrue this as teaching kama sutra in school, social, physical and psychological aspects of sex, STD's needs to be taught.

I do know that sex education is not exactly Kama Sutra. The point was normalization of sex talks in public domain. The other extreme of such example being trying to make Sunny Leone and her profession acceptable to Indian households as just another career choice.

Every single of my statements! looks like you have read 5999 statements, madam, you don't know me or my political leanings to make sweeping statements about me.

No I have not gone through your 5999 statements, but my argument was to be read as every single statement of yours which "I have read." Another qualifier I would add is I respect a lot of your views on defence issues and modernization of our armed forces and such. I do not butt my head over there because a lot of you and others are miles ahead of me in your comprehension of those subjects.

Last edited:
We do talk about HIV and STD's as you can see by the awareness campaign posters in every healthcare centers as well as campaigns run on TV. That is nothing to do with sex education. My nieces for example were interested in a lot of medical stuff, so I have sat with them through watching surgeries on youtube, postmortems, heart surgeries, and stuff. Also seeing graphic images of cancerous and other lesions caused by various diseases and drug abuse. They have access to books to read including romantic fiction wherein inevitably they will learn about sex at their own pace and interest.
yes,instead of promoting sex education in schools,why can't we promote to teach yoga/meditation as a syllabus??...i think its far way better than sex education,which helps them to concentrate more on their studies,maintain body/mental fitness etc etc..prathi dina yoga abhyasa maadidare namdu aryogya olleyadaagi irutte..matte sex/kaama yochenegalu kadime aagutte...

yes,instead of promoting sex education in schools,why can't we promote to teach yoga/meditation as a syllabus??...i think its far way better than sex education,which helps them to concentrate more on their studies,maintain body/mental fitness etc etc..prathi dina yoga abhyasa maadidare namdu aryogya olleyadaagi irutte..matte sex/kaama yochenegalu kadime aagutte...

Wow @abjktu we seem to have a lot of views we agree on. What you suggest is an example of positive value reinforcement in a non-threatening fashion.

Back
Top Bottom