What's new

Separatist Insurgencies in India - News and Discussions.

14 Maoists killed in encounter in Odisha​

BHUBANESWAR/ KORAPUT: At least 14 armed Maoists, including a woman cadre, were gunned down inside a forest near Podia in Odisha's Malkangiri district during an exchange between security personnel and extremists in the early hours of Saturday, police said.

"We had specific information about the Maoists entering Odisha from Chhattisgarh last night," DGP Prakash Mishra said.

A team of Malkangiri police, special operations group (an anti-insurgency force) and the district voluntary force (comprising ex-servicemen) launched the combing operations in the area, leading to the killings.

The DGP said there were no reports of any casualty from the police. "We are yet to get information on the number of Maoists who could have been injured," he told mediapersons in Bhubaneswar before leaving for Malkangiri along with senior police and intelligence officers to take stock of the situation.

Mishra said they suspected those killed could be part of either the local area squad (LOS) of CPI (Maoist) Podia unit or of the Dandakaranya special zonal committee. "It can be said that some of those killed were involved in the Dharba Ghati operations (of the Maoists in which several Congress leaders of Chhattisgarh were slain on May 25)," the DGP added.

Security men recovered huge cache of arms, including AK-47 rifles, ammunition and Maoists belongings from the spot. Police sources said never before in Odisha the Red rebels had suffered such high casualty in a single operation.

Police said they raided the Red outlaws' camp based on specific intelligence inputs regarding the functioning of a Maoist camp on the Odisha-Chhattisgarh border. "The incident could act as a deterrent for ultras trying to sneak into Odisha from Chhattisgarh," a senior cop said.

On September 11, security personnel killed a female Maoist during an encounter in Rayagada district. Four BSF men were killed in a landmine explosion triggered by Maoists in Koraput district on August 27.

Source:- 14 Maoists killed in encounter in Odisha - Times Of India

i sincerely hope the maoists succeed in their endeavor. enough is enough... our politicians had more than 60 years to understand the plight of the underprivileged.
but instead of doing something about it, they are buying arms (expenditure of tax payers' money) to kill its own ppl in the name of developement (an initiating scores of scams).
i have my sympathies for the ppl who lost their lives in this struggle ...from both sides.
bad apples are on both sides. but i m very sorry to say the no of bad apples in the establishment eclipses the nos. in the reds.
dhoti kurta doesnt make u a better person, nor does a battle fatigue makes u a terrorist.
its high time the ppl of india appreciate the difference between "terrorists" and "extremists"

i sincerely hope the maoists succeed in their endeavor. enough is enough... our politicians had more than 60 years to understand the plight of the underprivileged.
but instead of doing something about it, they are buying arms (expenditure of tax payers' money) to kill its own ppl in the name of developement (an initiating scores of scams).
i have my sympathies for the ppl who lost their lives in this struggle ...from both sides.
bad apples are on both sides. but i m very sorry to say the no of bad apples in the establishment eclipses the nos. in the reds.
dhoti kurta doesnt make u a better person, nor does a battle fatigue makes u a terrorist.
its high time the ppl of india appreciate the difference between "terrorists" and "extremists"

communist alert!!! :laugh:

2 jawans killed in gun-battle with Maoists

Nuapada: Two Jawans including a Special Police Officer (SPO) and one District Voluntary Force (DVF) were killed in a fierce gun-battle between Maoists and security forces in Sunabeda sanctuary of Nuapada district on Friday night.
The two martyrs have been identified as Debendra Dharua and Prakash Rout. The exchange of fire occurred at Dekunpani area of the sanctuary while jawans were reportedly returning to the CRPF camp after patrolling. At least 14 armed naxals opened fire indiscriminately while the security personnel were on their way to the camp.

The jawans too retaliated in which no extremist was reportedly killed. The Maoists have allegedly looted two guns including an AK 47 and an INSAS rifle from the security forces. Top police officers including Nuapada SP and CRPF commandant have reached the spot to take stock of the situation. The bodies of the jawans have been brought to Sunabeda CRPF camp.

However, combing operation has not been intensified in the area till the latest report.

ODISHA TELEVISION LTD : State News | National News | Latest News | Breaking News | Latest Headlines

RIP....

Let's hope that the Maoists go through the Chimneys.
I have no mercy for them. Thousands have been sent to the air in the last 4 years. The area under their influence has drastically reduced. They will and should be finished. But more important is to butcher the intellectuals who sit in AC homes, go for chai in JNU and order people to die for a cause they don't understand.

Let's hope that the Maoists go through the Chimneys.
I have no mercy for them. Thousands have been sent to the air in the last 4 years. The area under their influence has drastically reduced. They will and should be finished. But more important is to butcher the intellectuals who sit in AC homes, go for chai in JNU and order people to die for a cause they don't understand.
Sarthak da,
unlike u, i have my full sympathy to their struggle...at least their philosophy. its very unfortunate that this struggle , like many other "internal" struggles eg ULFA fell out of its legitimacy after starting out in the right track.
i dont want this useless war to rant on, but supposing alll the maoists and their supporters are suddenly gone one day, what will be the consequence of this ????
the adivasis will go back to their hiding in the jungles, fearing the goons sent by the caretakers of our democracy, will be branded as left over maoists n killed n obliterated of their trace, and most importantly, their legitimate right on their homeland , the jungle. next thing u will know is, big corporates are lining up to buy contracts for mining in those areas which were previously under the tribals to call home.
and about the intellectuals sitting in AC room n all that, they did their fair share of fighting n now sit on a better platform to view n lead its foot soldiers to maximum efficiency. those oldies are no good fighting a young man's war. would u like ur own PM to go man the indo-pak border for godsake. ???

Sarthak da,
unlike u, i have my full sympathy to their struggle...at least their philosophy. its very unfortunate that this struggle , like many other "internal" struggles eg ULFA fell out of its legitimacy after starting out in the right track.
i dont want this useless war to rant on, but supposing alll the maoists and their supporters are suddenly gone one day, what will be the consequence of this ????
the adivasis will go back to their hiding in the jungles, fearing the goons sent by the caretakers of our democracy, will be branded as left over maoists n killed n obliterated of their trace, and most importantly, their legitimate right on their homeland , the jungle. next thing u will know is, big corporates are lining up to buy contracts for mining in those areas which were previously under the tribals to call home.
and about the intellectuals sitting in AC room n all that, they did their fair share of fighting n now sit on a better platform to view n lead its foot soldiers to maximum efficiency. those oldies are no good fighting a young man's war. would u like ur own PM to go man the indo-pak border for godsake. ???
All this ideological point making is no longer the issue. Extermination of the Naxalites is State Policy. The Naxalites have two choices - surrender or die and I fully support this policy.

All this ideological point making is no longer the issue. Extermination of the Naxalites is State Policy. The Naxalites have two choices - surrender or die and I fully support this policy.
mindless & skewed state policies such as these have created insurgencies all around india. cosmetic changes such as Extermination of the Naxalites and neglect of the main reason of maladministration has been and shall be the main State Policy of our country.
ideological point making seems very "ideological" especially, if , someone has NOT got the taste of state danda.
dada, ghore aagun laaglei poschaddeshe gorom laagey....onner ghorer aagun ??? ideological point making.

mindless & skewed state policies such as these have created insurgencies all around india. cosmetic changes such as Extermination of the Naxalites and neglect of the main reason of maladministration has been and shall be the main State Policy of our country.
ideological point making seems very "ideological" especially, if , someone has NOT got the taste of state danda.
dada, ghore aagun laaglei poschaddeshe gorom laagey....onner ghorer aagun ??? ideological point making.
Sorry but I don't understand Bengali well...

CRPF seizes 4,600 kg Ammonium Nitrate in Bihar

Security forces on Thursday seized a whopping 4,600 kgs of Ammonium Nitrate, used for making improvised explosive devices and bombs, from Bihar's Rohtas district.

According to sources, the recovery of the chemical was affected by a special team of paramilitary Central Reserve Police Force alongwith state police from the Gopi Bigha area of the district.

Also, a senior official in New Delhi said, copper wires, gun powder and a car was recovered in a raid which was conducted on a godown which was suspected to be pilfering the chemicals to Naxals and ultras.

The chemical was packed in 50kg bags, they said.

In an another incident in neighbouring Jharkhand, the CRPF nabbed two Naxals from the Belatanar-Khukra area in Giridih district of the state.

The suspected Naxals have been identified by officials as Arjun Manjhi, 22, and Ravilal Soren, 20.

CRPF seizes 4,600 kg Ammonium Nitrate in Bihar - Rediff.com India News

Seven Naxals killed in police encounter in Gadchiroli
In the biggest encounter in Gadchiroli’s history till date in terms of Naxal casualties helped by pinpointed intelligence, seven Naxals died in police action in Korchi tahsil of the district on Monday night. The deceased included some very senior members and two women.

The encounter happened when the Naxals were walking away from Khursipaar village after burning a gram panchayat there on Sunday. In an operation supervised by Inspector General of Police (Nagpur range) Ravindra Kadam, the police had positioned four teams in different directions after knowing about the incident. “Around 10 am on Monday night, a few kilometer away from the village, a team led by Assistant Police Inspector P P Tiwari of Chichgadh police station of Gondia spotted the Naxals. An encounter ensued in which all seven member of the gang were killed,” Kadam told The Indian Express.

The deceased included some very senior members of the movement like Lalsu, who was member of the North Gadchiroli-Gondia division, Umesh, commander of Platoon 56, Navin and Veeru. The deceased women Naxals were Chamko and Runnibai, Kadam informed. One of the deceased is yet to be identified.

The police recovered one AK-47, two SLRs, one carbine, one 303, one 12-bore gun and a pistol from the spot, along with a lot of other material.

Earlier in Gadchiroli maximum Naxal casualty figure in an encounter was six, at Govindgaon, where five of the deceased were women.

Monday’s operation was also significant for the quick intelligence drawn by the police after the Naxals burnt the gram panchayat. Sources said the Naxal act wasn’t perhaps liked by the villagers.

“Growing and faster intelligence is also indicative of Naxals losing public support, a fact borne out by many of their documents now,” they said.

This is second successful operation by Gadchiroli police this year. A few days ago, they had done one along with Chhattisgarh police on the other side of the border, killing three Naxals.

The police had turned the heat in a big way on the Naxals last year by killing a record 28 of them.

Seven Naxals killed in police encounter in Gadchiroli | The Indian Express

Police arrest two Naxals during combing operation

Two Naxals were arrested during a search operation in Maoist-hit Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Tuesday. The cadres were nabbed while they were trying to flee into the forests under Gangalur police station limits on Tuesday evening, Bijapur Deputy Superintendent of Police Sukhnandan Rathore said.

"A team of local police was on a combing operation in the Gangalur area, around 450 kms away from Raipur, when it spotted the rebels in Peddapara village. Those nabbed were identified as Punem Aytu (29) and Paiku Punem (35), active members of Gangalur area committee," he said.

"During interrogation, the duo admitted of being involved in several incidents of crime, including arson and murder in the region," he added.

police-arrest-two-naxals-during-combing-operation_180214014831.jpg

Indian police kill seven Maoist fighters

Police claim major success after operation in jungle of Gadchiroli district in western Maharashtra state.

Indian police have killed seven Maoists during an operation in a rebel stronghold known as the "Red Corridor".

Police came under attack in a jungle area of Gadchiroli district in the western state of Maharashtra, sparking an exchange of fire between the two groups on Tuesday, local police spokesman Dharmendra Joshi, said.

"They came under fire in the early morning. There were no injuries sustained by police, and the identification of the dead bodies is going on," Joshi said. "The combing operations of the area have intensified."

Gadchiroli police chief Mohammad Suvez Haque said officers believed a Maoist divisional commander was killed in the firing, after which weapons including an AK-47 and rifles were recovered from the fighters.

"This is a great achievement for the police forces as Maoists have been involved in several violent activities in the Gadchiroli area for many years," Haque said.

The Maoists have become a potent insurgent force, demanding land and jobs for the poor and fighting for a communist society by toppling what they call India's "semi-colonial, semi-feudal" form of rule.

The insurgency is believed to have cost tens of thousands of lives, with much action focused around the fighters' so-called "Red Corridor" stretching throughout central and eastern India.

Critics believe military action is not enough to stem the unrest, saying the real solution is better governance and development.

Indian police kill seven Maoist fighters - Central & South Asia - Al Jazeera English

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom