What's new

Senate committee calls for ban on Indian channels

Maybe the people inside PDF dont watch much TV lately...its ok for them if all indian channels are banned.

nobody in Pakistan watches indian channels that much anymore, we have much bigger problems to worry about!

Also, these is just an interesting article i found during my search. Its on the reaction of Pakistani broadcasters last time Indian channels were banned.

Pakistan News Service - PakTribune

Pakistan cable operators want Indian TV channels back
Saturday February 04, 2006 (1610 PST)

LAHORE: The Pakistan government�s decision to ban 35 Indian and foreign channels has invited the wrath of the cable operators across the country who have threatened to completely black out the Pakistani channels�which they believe are behind the government move�if the ban is not lifted soon.
The Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA), which regulates satellite broadcasting, had recently banned 35 foreign TV channels, many of which are Indian. The move led to a war of words between the PEMRA higher-ups and the office-bearers of Cable Operators Association of Pakistan (CAP).

The PEMRA, which works under the ministry of interior, is given sweeping powers to allow or disallow any satellite channel from airing in the country. The tussle eventually prompted the CAP to block transmissions of two major Pakistani channels � Geo owned by Mir Shakilur Rehman and ARY owned by Abdul Razzaq Yaqub. Both the media giants recently formed the Pakistan Broadcasters Association (PBA).

The cable operators maintain they have suffered huge losses due to the ban as a majority of their clientele is addicted to Indian channels and have withdrawn their subscriptions. Some Indian channels, Star Plus in particular, are the main source of revenues for these operators. The cable operators complain that they do their business in a permanent state of insecurity, knowing that the government could snatch their livelihood at any time. In just a little over four weeks since the ban was imposed, the revenues of the cable operators have dropped 50 per cent because of disconnections. The operators say the Pakistani channels, especially Geo and ARY, have substantially increased the content of Indian entertainment TV programmes in their channels.

Justifying the CAP`s decision to ban the Geo and ARY, the president of the association Malik Furqan Ghias accused the PBA of instigating and backing the PEMRA to prohibit the cable operators from airing Indian channels while allowing the Pakistani channels to keep showing Indian content themselves.

Following a three-day CAP ban, the Broadcasters Association was compelled to approach the cable operators to resolve the issue. However, during a meeting on February 1, the CAP again accused Geo of showing Indian content in violation of the agreement and subsequently threatened to completely black out the Pakistani channels.
Courtesy India news, World news

End.

I know many Pakistani members are against Indian channels, but they have to realise that if there is a large demand for these channels, then banning them will just create resentment.

The Indian government banned Pakistani channels and Kashmiris didn't like that at all. similarly if Pakistanis ban Indian channels, the populace who watch it will be ticked off.

a ban for a ban will leave the whole world bored! ;)

that article is a joke, i live in Pakistan and trust me no one here is desperate for indian channels.:wave:

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

that article is a joke, i live in Pakistan and trust me no one here is desperate for indian channels.:wave:

Ok, if no one is desperate, then why ban the channels? the broadcasters will stop broadcasting them when ratings fall.

And if no one is desperate, why did the broadcasters demand channels to be brought back last time?

In fact, if no one is desperate for indian channels, why are a lot of paksitanis concerned about indian channels in the first place? population won't 'get brainwashed' if they dont watch the channels.

fact is, a lot of people are watching indian channels. If it was just a negligible amount, no one would be worried.

Ok, if no one is desperate, then why ban the channels? the broadcasters will stop broadcasting them when ratings fall.

And if no one is desperate, why did the broadcasters demand channels to be brought back last time?

In fact, if no one is desperate for indian channels, why are a lot of paksitanis concerned about indian channels in the first place? population won't 'get brainwashed' if they dont watch the channels.

fact is, a lot of people are watching indian channels. If it was just a negligible amount, no one would be worried.

tell me, do you live in Pakistan, or do i? Lol, you (a indian) is telling me something about my own country, you have got to be joking?

We Pakistanis can care less about indian nonsense dramas and movies, its all hindu culture promoting propaganda! You know it, and i know it! No one here is desperate, especially when our water supply is being stopped by you indians from Kashmir, and this is making fruit, vegetable, and other crop prices rise! Basically, your country has caused enough problems for us and this is helping to increase anti indian feelings amongst the average Pakistani! No one here is desperate!

Last edited by a moderator:
SilentNinja said:
its all hindu culture promoting propaganda!
I think the present similar culture in Indian Subcontinent has a big influence of Hinduism in it(mostly indirect).

Last edited:
no ban we need some good entertainment on TV let them watch , the mulla channels I want some singing and comedy on tv

Dimagh kharab ho giya hai .. politicians ka

Already we have lack of good material on tv and entertainment

no ban we need some good entertainment on TV let them watch , the mulla channels I want some singing and comedy on tv

Dimagh kharab ho giya hai .. politicians ka

Already we have lack of good material on tv and entertainment

who the hell cares about entertainment when our food prices are sky high and we have to go to sleep with an empty stomach?

We should keep this dirty, ******, disgusting hindu culture out of Pakistan!

here's an idea, next time the dirty, ******, disgusting hindu culture is shown on t.v, shut your eyes and ears and walk out of the room.

This is not something forced on you. Yet your people don't seem to mind watching our culture and religious traditions

If your people want to watch it, let them. Nobody is strapping you in front of the t.v.

In fact i would say your attitude shows a reason NOT to ban the tv channels. It will teach people about the culture and traditions of others and hopefully they will become tolerant, instead of an extremist like you

Nobody will be able to tell you the reason. you need to find out the reason yourself. Is the content being generated is catchy enough for the public to watch? It's all about making content in a way that it sells. If you can your content will find all support no matter what..

u don't say, that is fine as u would be hard pressed to say the truth and that is not your style.

Or u have run out of imagination and intelligance comon sense therefore cannot come up with reasons.

I know" comon sense is not very comon in India." But atleast u could have tried, again comon sense is not comon not having it did stop u in your tracks.

Or is it that u donot like talk rationaly as it will bring tings that might be helpfull for Pakistan, and being India it is absolutely not possible to say anything giving credenace to Pakistani side.

Talking about contents.

In my openion threr are three kinds of shows on TVS.

News.
Viewes.
fictions.
If looked at these one would find that unlike Hlly wood bly wood is greared to Hindu culture promotions to the extend of lies and exegerations.

Recenmt case in point is Jodha Akbar. total lie and 100% exegeration of History, If compared with Holly wood one can clearly see that the Hollywood vwersions of Muslim History has been very Mature and is to extend based on the facts.

Let me give u exmples about the hollywood movies in the foowing lines.

Watch the truth and behold.

And look at the truth even if it is against Chritianity, now that is waht u call People of class, people of truth.

thre true story of Inquisition is told fairly. Watch.

And to show u a good Pakistani folk song I will preasent this, Enjoy.

Indian has not done this kind of work pre and post partition, only lies and exegeration to the extreme.

:pakistan:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hollywood is accurate with history?!!!
Did you see kingdom of heaven? Good movie but they made a joke of histrory!!!
Peal harbor? Braveheart? The Patriot? All critisized for tampering with history!!
Please be fair when you make comparisons.

Back
Top Bottom