What's new

Senate committee calls for ban on Indian channels

honestely indians teenagers and young adults are so deluted with western style of life that they just protray themselves as westerners... i for one see this first hand to when in canada the young indian adults are comeing here without asking around people what to wear , how to talk to people , how to make a status,ECT.... its just that there self morals are so low that it dosent look like there indian more like western white washed indian. same now with pakistani kids aswell ,,,, before alot use to be sencord but now nothing is ..no sharam.... should go back to the zia ul haque regime

This is so funny. You are in Canada and what, you are against their culture? If you like your culture so much you should have stayed at home in Pakistan. It's one thing to want to hold on to the culture of the country of your origin, another thing completely to criticise the culture of the country that has taken you in. Could not have a more perfect example of hypocrisy than that.

This is so funny. You are in Canada and what, you are against their culture? If you like your culture so much you should have stayed at home in Pakistan. It's one thing to want to hold on to the culture of the country of your origin, another thing completely to criticise the culture of the country that has taken you in. Could not have a more perfect example of hypocrisy than that.

Little you know about Canada. let me enlighten you.

Canada of all the other countries of the world has no problem saying that "Immigrants can keep and precitce their culture whereevder they come from."

And there fore I am very proud of my country CANADA

Now those who adopt it show that their culture is no good and are embarassed, ashamed of it, so they adopt the new culture as being the culture better than theirs. go figure.

Cupish Dude.

Oh yeah, Allah has only gifted you with "strategic assets" . How can an Indian look good. Glad to see same mindset prevailing in likes of you that led to 1971 dismemberment.

It was not dismemberment, it was shear and uncalled for interferance in internal matters of Paskistan, and it was shamefull.

Banning anything is a sign of desperation by the govt.
Banning is not the answer.

If people don't want these channels, they can unsubscribe, or not watch these channels, but to cut them off permanently is insane. That's Taliban style governance and I'm surprised to see so many Pakistanis backing it up.

People should be given all options and should be educated about them. The people should have the freedom to choose what they want.

It was night call plans earlier, TV channels now, someday they might even censor the Internet, or cut it off the rest of the world. Are they trying to create a new North Korea or what??

If banning is the only way to tell Indian about their unfriendly act of keeping pakistani channels ouit than it is sensor and it shouild not be toleraterd and therefore Pakistan should demand about our channels be not sensred ot block Indians for the rationale of fairplay.

And Jana has stressed on this point many times,. but Indians as they are avoiding the reral issu, only dwelling on clever talk to mask the reaL ISSUE.

Understandable but we just can't let our guards down, I believe hindia's sole purpose in life is to attempt to destroy, hinder, destabilize, and malign Pakistan in any way shape or form. They have done so many times at any given opportunity and never felt shy about it. When it comes to forming our own reaction to unreasonable isolation and treachery, we come up with debates on freedom of choice. We will still have plenty to choose from even after banning the few useless indian networks and their affiliated anti-Pak garbage.

I agree withyou point 100% only one adition to it is that.

WE THE MUSLIMS LIVING IN THIS WORLD SHOULD HAVE SUCH A STRONG CHRECTER AND CONVICTION TO ISLAM THAT WE SHOULD NOT BE EITHER IMPRESSED BY OR LOOK AT ANY THING, IF WE DO IT SHOULD NOT BE OF ANY CONSEQUENCE AS WE MUST HAVE VERY STRONG BELIEFS AND THOSE BELIEFS TEACH US THAT iSLAM IS THE ONLY WAY.

STRONG AND UNMOVEABLE BELEIFS AND VERY STRONG CHARECTERS.

NO INDIAN AGENDA, MEDIA, CULTURE OR MOVIES SHOULD BE OF ANY EFFECT TO US.JUST LOOK AND LUGH IF COME ACREOS SOMETHING SILLY AS THAT.

Last edited:
I agree withyou point 100% only one adition to it is that.

WE THE MUSLIMS LIVING IN THIS WORLD SHOULD HAVE SUCH A STRONG CHRECTER AND CONVICTION TO ISLAM THAT WE SHOULD NOT BE EITHER IMPRESSED BY OR LOOK AT ANY THING, IF WE DO IT SHOULD NOT BE OF ANY CONSEQUENCE AS WE MUST HAVE VERY STRONG BELIEFS AND THOSE BELIEFS TEACH US THAT iSLAM IS THE ONLY WAY.

STRONG AND UNMOVEABLE BELEIFS AND VERY STRONG CHARECTERS.

NO INDIAN AGENDA, MEDIA, CULTURE OR MOVIES SHOULD BE OF ANY EFFECT TO US.JUST LOOK AND LUGH IF COME ACREOS SOMETHING SILLY AS THAT.

I am a Muslim also but I have to disagree with you there, The modern Muslim has to be open minded and be ready to change with the changing times. Strong beliefs characters must be achieved from a proper understanding of all religions and culture and having the ability to respect all of them, We cannot just say that our way is the only way as that is wrong. Islam is a way of life and a culture within itself. It is imperative that we learn to imbibe other cultures into our foray so that the newer generation has a more liberal mindset and knows how to live with thie world in harmony. People should have choice in regards to what they want to watch and its as simple as that. If you don’t want to watch the channel then just switch it, no need to bring in theological discussions into such a mere issue.

I am a Muslim also but I have to disagree with you there, The modern Muslim has to be open minded and be ready to change with the changing times. Strong beliefs characters must be achieved from a proper understanding of all religions and culture and having the ability to respect all of them, We cannot just say that our way is the only way as that is wrong. Islam is a way of life and a culture within itself. It is imperative that we learn to imbibe other cultures into our foray so that the newer generation has a more liberal mindset and knows how to live with thie world in harmony. People should have choice in regards to what they want to watch and its as simple as that. If you don’t want to watch the channel then just switch it, no need to bring in theological discussions into such a mere issue.

It is not our way, it is Allah's way, and there is no changing it, only thing is the interpretations by some extremits.

Islma tell us to respect all other cultueres and Religions and that is also true.

Now all that should be acted upon by Muslims Umma is the fact that it should exude Honor, respect and decency only, and kiling innocent and beating women and denying them education is not Islam, so beware of false representives of Islam.

Islam prohibits, drinking and it is Haram and so is Anger, but we only dwell on drinking nad not on Anger, both are Haram.

So my friend we must interpret islam the way it was meant to be, not someone's selfish acts.

Now those suicide bombers are given the key to heaven made by these selfish people and using islam as a front. That is not Islam. be Beware of it.

Islam does not prohibit modernity such as invention as those of TV. Radios. Aeroplane, Fridge, Msuic as long as it is not about ***** but about constructive ways and means to establish a good family life and about spreading the true Deen.

Wath the video and see for youirself.

Just to give u few eamples, I hope u get my point.

May Allah S.W.T help us see the real Islam. Ameen

Last edited by a moderator:
Throw these BS useless Bharatiya channels out of Pakistan. Simple as that.

We dont need any argument.

It is not our way, it is Allah's way, and there is no changing it, only thing is the interpretations by some extremits.

Islma tell us to respect all other cultueres and Religions and that is also true.

Now all that should be acted upon by Muslims Umma is the fact that it should exude Honor, respect and decency only, and kiling innocent and beating women and denying them education is not Islam, so beware of false representives of Islam.

Islam prohibits, drinking and it is Haram and so is Anger, but we only dwell on drinking nad not on Anger, both are Haram.

So my friend we must interpret islam the way it was meant to be, not someone's selfish acts.

Now those suicide bombers are given the key to heaven made by these selfish people and using islam as a front. That is not Islam. be Beware of it.

Just to give u few eamples, I hope u get my point.

May Allah S.W.T help us see the real Islam. Ameen

I respect your thoughts brother and I agree with most of them. I really like your example of Suicide bombers and that should be am example to many youngsters here. In terms of interpreting Islam we must tread the path that is closest to Allah as well can keep the norms of humanity in mind. The real Islam is very liberal and understanding, just the fact that the Hindu culture flourished under the rule of Muslim kings shows the real image of properly understood Islam. Great Kings like Humanyun and Akbar outlined how society must run in balance with religion. Religion should dictate how we live and norms of humanity and decency must dictate how we interact with others. The way of Islam has historically always been a way of peace and it’s because of some misguided souls that today the very same religion is shown to be “ Extremist” and “ Hateful”. But going back to the main issue of these channels, one must allow everyone the right of choice and let everyone choose what they want to watch. As another member said as long as there is demand there will be supply. Rather than focusing on such small issues we must focus on the larger picture which still needs a lot of work.

Throw these BS useless Bharatiya channels out of Pakistan. Simple as that.

We dont need any argument.

Please do! but why has it taken you guys this long? Even your news papers and magazines and other cultural forums online only talk about Indian cinema and TV.

Look around even on this forum people know names of so many movies and actors, ask the same from any Indian he will not know a single lollywood movie.

I think you like it, you see it, but ultimately blame Hindus for spoiling your culture? We didn't force it one bit! The truth however is the Pakistani society loves Indian cinema and TV, if not ,it would have been wiped out long ago...

Please do! but why has it taken you guys this long? Even your news papers and magazines and other cultural forums online only talk about Indian cinema and TV.

Look around even on this forum people know names of so many movies and actors, ask the same from any Indian he will not know a single lollywood movie.

I think you like it, you see it, but ultimately blame Hindus for spoiling your culture? We didn't force it one bit! The truth however is the Pakistani society loves Indian cinema and TV, if not ,it would have been wiped out long ago...

no, our stupid politicians allowed these bs channels into our society! BTW, no one here where i live likes india movies or anything related to india, especially since india is cutting off our water supply!

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

no, our stupid politicians allowed these bs channels into our society! BTW, no one here where i live likes india movies or anything related to india, especially since india is cutting off our water supply!

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

Well, inner city Lahore, the place is jam-packed with Bollywood actors pictures and songs. I lived in Gulberg and no one is like that.

Ok, maybe not jam-packed, but it's impossible to go to a hot area in town and not hear a bollywood song in the background. Or in a poor low area in town and not hear a Himesh Reshamiya song. lol.

Back
Top Bottom