What's new

Senate committee calls for ban on Indian channels

Well, inner city Lahore, the place is jam-packed with Bollywood actors pictures and songs. I lived in Gulberg and no one is like that.

Ok, maybe not jam-packed, but it's impossible to go to a hot area in town and not hear a bollywood song in the background. Or in a poor low area in town and not hear a Himesh Reshamiya song. lol.

I am amazed his songs are even heard in Pak..I mean millions of Indians despise him....nasal dumb...:sick:

Ok, if no one is desperate, then why ban the channels? the broadcasters will stop broadcasting them when ratings fall.

And if no one is desperate, why did the broadcasters demand channels to be brought back last time?

In fact, if no one is desperate for indian channels, why are a lot of paksitanis concerned about indian channels in the first place? population won't 'get brainwashed' if they dont watch the channels.

fact is, a lot of people are watching indian channels. If it was just a negligible amount, no one would be worried.

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Lol, i'm not the one who is desperate here, your friend here is trying to promote BS indian bollywood! Which is why i replied to him and said i don't want indian propaganda polluting the minds of my countrymen!

Have some faith in your country men..no one is going to get polluted by seeing some films or serials..only some tears and time is going to be wasted..

lol, please don't get me started on indian Muslims! Back in the US i knew many indian Muslims who went to Mandirs and prayed there, in Islam, it is strictly prohibited for a Muslim to worship anything or anyone other than Allah, Muslims are required to go to Mosque not Mandir! This is why i don't want indian (hindu) culture in Pakistan! But, there were some indian Muslims who followed their faith, maybe because they didn't live amongst hindus!

Ohh come on ..they are more tolerent to other religions than some of you guys here..but i didnt see any muslim guys offering prayer in any Temple..you are streaching it too far..sure they participate in festivals of Hindus and Christains here ..stop bullshitting about some indian Muslims who followed their faith, maybe because they didn't live amongst hindus! There are lots of muslims living among Hindus and they are going to mosque not mandirs and they dont have any problem watching the serials..There are lots of places where Hindu temple and Mosque situated adjuscent to each other and they having no problem worshipping their own god.so give your imagination some rest..

You refuted your own statement in your own post! You said a child's mind is curious, but at the same time you said if one had a strong faith he or she wouldn't become brainwashed/polluted by indian propaganda!

But you see, children are curious and they don't have a strong faith yet which makes them easy victims to lies and mind polluting BS such as bollywood! The first 5-8 years of a persons life effect how they turn out to be later on!

Thats great mate ..i said about the strong faith of your youths not children..i told about children minds are curious because of your post about one of your cousin asking you a doubt ..Man there are lots of people there grown up seeing bollywood films and serials and did any of them converted to Hinduism??

then in that case, bollywood and indian drama serials are also religious extremist propaganda because of the amount of hindu religion they promote! In every single hindu drama serial you will see mandirs, Kali maa, Durga maa, and all those other hindu deities being worshiped by the characters in the video! The same also applies for indian movies!

Yupz and all the people from other religion are converting to Hinduism in large number :disagree:

Good for you;)

Yupz always :)

Yep, and i was born in a cave where i had not contact with the outside world!

I will not be surprised :rolleyes:

I already know enough, but that doesn't mean mind polluting of my countrymen is ok!:no:

Yea you know enough to bash other religions..but didnt know anything good about other religion..

Silentninja, basically according to you,

Indian= Hindu?

gross of a generalization

guys no point in arguing with this fellow. According to such people, secularism is a threat to one's religion. And anyways, if they want to ban our channels, let them, its their choice.
Hollywood content does not affect their children, but bollywood does.
Can you get the logic?

Have some faith in your country men..no one is going to get polluted by seeing some films or serials..only some tears and time is going to be wasted..

you refute yourself in your own posts, i didn't even need to reply to that one!:lol:

Anyone's mind can be polluted when all they see is anti Pakistan hindu propaganda.

Ohh come on ..they are more tolerent to other religions than some of you guys here..but i didnt see any muslim guys offering prayer in any Temple..you are streaching it too far..sure they participate in festivals of Hindus and Christains here

Which is prohibited in Islam. Maybe you should learn more about Islam! Heck, i've met Christians and westerners who know more about Islam than you or any other indian does.

..stop bullshitting about some indian Muslims who followed their faith, maybe because they didn't live amongst hindus!

your the one BSing here not! Maybe you should stop forcing your propaganda channels on us!

There are lots of muslims living among Hindus and they are going to mosque not mandirs and they dont have any problem watching the serials..

Well then, keep your disgusting shameful bollywood and other indian propaganda sources within the borders of your own country, stop promoting it in Pakistan! You can brainwash your countrymen with shameful bollywood films full of nudity and lust, but please stop promoting it in my country!

Thats great mate ..i said about the strong faith of your youths not children..i told about children minds are curious because of your post about one of your cousin asking you a doubt ..Man there are lots of people there grown up seeing bollywood films and serials and did any of them converted to Hinduism??

Its not about converting, its about polluting the minds of innocent kids and youth with nudity, lust, and the hindu culture!

Silentninja, basically according to you,

Indian= Hindu?

gross of a generalization

guys no point in arguing with this fellow. According to such people, secularism is a threat to one's religion. And anyways, if they want to ban our channels, let them, its their choice.
Hollywood content does not affect their children, but bollywood does.
Can you get the logic?

may i ask a question? why are you all so desperate to promote your BS in Pakistan?:lol:

And who ever said anything about hollywood? seriously, stop derailing the thread!

may i ask a question? why are you all so desperate to promote your BS in Pakistan?:lol:

And who ever said anything about hollywood? seriously, stop derailing the thread!

Hello, looks like you thank posts even without reading them. You thanked a post from asq who was debating with me backing hollywood.
We are not interested i promote anything man. Read my post again, i said that if they want to ban, they should, their choice.
Please read the posts before replying or thanking them.

Hello, looks like you thank posts even without reading them. You thanked a post from asq who was debating with me backing hollywood.
We are not interested i promote anything man. Read my post again, i said that if they want to ban, they should, their choice.
Please read the posts before replying or thanking them.

i thanked ASQ because of i agreed with some of the points he made, though i disagree with the part that hollywood is accurate in history!

you refute yourself in your own posts, i didn't even need to reply to that one!:lol:

may i ask where i refute my own post??

Anyone's mind can be polluted when all they see is anti Pakistan hindu propaganda.

Now you are saying that they see Indian channels??are you the one who said no one is watching it??so what is it?is anybody watching Indian channel or not??
Which is prohibited in Islam. Maybe you should learn more about Islam! Heck, i've met Christians and westerners who know more about Islam than you or any other indian does.

What is prohibited by Islam?sharing food and happiness with other people??Then i say not at all me but most of the Indian muslims are ignorant about Islam..mate participation doesnt mean they are praying to Hindu gods..they visit the houses of hindus have food with them and share some happiness..is it prohibited in Islam??then i would say i have no respect for Islam now..
your the one BSing here not! Maybe you should stop forcing your propaganda channels on us!

i dont give a damn about your government banning Indian channels..its up to your government..i am refuting the claims that people will pollute their minds if they saw some hindu rituals

Well then, keep your disgusting shameful bollywood and other indian propaganda sources within the borders of your own country, stop promoting it in Pakistan! You can brainwash your countrymen with shameful bollywood films full of nudity and lust, but please stop promoting it in my country

Its not about converting, its about polluting the minds of innocent kids and youth with nudity, lust, and the hindu culture!

tell me Silent Ninja..have you watched any pron movie??if you just google it you will get tens of thousands of **** sites?is it more polluting than Indian movies?so the argument of banning Indian channels for polluting young minds is flawed there..If some one want to see nude and lust..he have thousand ways to do that..its not only Indian channels is doing that..and about propoganda..they are private channels..those serials are for TRP..they are trying to earn money than promoting some hinud propaganda

Last edited:
may i ask where i refute my own post??

in your previous post you said "waste of tears and time". So basically you said indians movies and serials are a waste of tears and time!

Now you are saying that they see Indian channels??are you the one who said no one is watching it??so what is it?is anybody watching Indian channel or not??

where did i say they are watching indian channels? quote me if i said that!

Though, they did before, but not anymore!

What i did say is that the amount of anti Pakistan propaganda in your BS media and film industries is enough to make anyone go against Pakistan! Perhaps you need to get your eyes checked!

What is prohibited by Islam?sharing food and happiness with other people??Then i say not at all me but most of the Indian muslims are ignorant about Islam..mate participation doesnt mean they are praying to Hindu gods..they visit the houses of hindus have food with them and share some happiness..is it prohibited in Islam??then i would say i have no respect for Islam now..

exactly, you prove my point, you know nothing of Islam and Muslims. Perhaps if you should take some time to research and learn about Islam instead of observing indian Muslims who themselves have been absorbed into polytheist culture!

i dont give a damn about your government banning Indian channels..its up to your government..i am refuting the claims that people will pollute their minds if they saw some hindu rituals

of course it will, didn't you watch the link to a facebook video that one of the Pakistani members posted on this thread?

tell me Silent Ninja..have you watched any pron movie??

no

if you just google it you will get tens of thousands of **** sites?is it more polluting than Indian movies?

you still don't get it don't you? If a child grows up watching bollywood movies with half naked women dancing, that will tempt him to later on watch things even worse!

so the argument of banning Indian channels for polluting young minds is flawed there..If some one want to see nude and lust..he have thousand ways to do that

nahh, your wrong there, my computer and the computer of many of the people i know have a special type of censorship thing on it! Also, majority of Pakistani families don't have computers so they use public library computers and computers of other public places and these computers have censorship on them!

BTW, here if anyone feels he gets tempted easily then he must get married and so far no one has had a problem with that!

..its not only Indian channels is doing that..and about propoganda..they are private channels..those serials are for TRP..they are trying to earn money then promoting some hinud propaganda

if those are indeed private channels, then imagine how much propaganda big channels and companies promote!

Pakistan Zindabad:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

in your previous post you said "waste of tears and time". So basically you said indians movies and serials are a waste of tears and time!

As i said i dont give a damn about you guys banned the serials..i am countering your claims that serials is promoting Hindu propoganda..you dont have to bring religion in to everything..

where did i say they are watching indian channels? quote me if i said that!

Though, they did before, but not anymore!

if they stopped then how come Indian channels polluting their minds?

What i did say is that the amount of anti Pakistan propaganda in your BS media and film industries is enough to make anyone go against Pakistan! Perhaps you need to get your eyes checked!

agreed on that part.there are lots of news about Pakistan coming in news..i dont say that is propoganda because you are no saint either..

exactly, you prove my point, you know nothing of Islam and Muslims. Perhaps if you should take some time to research and learn about Islam instead of observing indian Muslims who themselves have been absorbed into polytheist culture!

now for me Indian muslims are the best in the world..they are more tolerant to other religions..still they worship their gods with most respect..some of you people will never understand this even if you got 10 lives

of course it will, didn't you watch the link to a facebook video that one of the Pakistani members posted on this thread?

some kids who has no idea what he is saying is the proof..mate from what age you had taken your religion seriously?i mean start to offer prayer with out the forcing of parents and all the stuff related to your religion??Me almost 10-12 years age..lets the kids be kids..

My sympathies with you :tongue:

you still don't get it don't you? If a child grows up watching bollywood movies with half naked women dancing, that will tempt him to later on watch things even worse!

mate I dont have any disagreement with you on this..my only disagreement is with you is bringing religion in to the equation..
nahh, your wrong there, my computer and the computer of many of the people i know have a special type of censorship thing on it! Also, majority of Pakistani families don't have computers so they use public library computers and computers of other public places and these computers have censorship on them!

BTW, here if anyone feels he gets tempted easily then he must get married and so far no one has had a problem with that!

Youth started thinking about these things at the average age of 13-14..you want them to marry at that age??

if those are indeed private channels, then imagine how much propaganda big channels and companies promote!

Pakistan Zindabad:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

Big channels are private channels ..and what is the propoganda??promoting Hinduism??there are lots of channels owned by non-Hindus which shows this puja and all those stuffs..they are just broad casting it for TRP ratings and nothing else..

As i said i dont give a damn about you guys banned the serials..i am countering your claims that serials is promoting Hindu propoganda..you dont have to bring religion in to everything..

Then why does almost every indian serial protray the worship of hindu deities?

if they stopped then how come Indian channels polluting their minds?

i think i've already explained regarding this.

agreed on that part.there are lots of news about Pakistan coming in news..i dont say that is propoganda because you are no saint either..

lol, when was the last time you saw our media crying wolf when Russia, israel, or America sold your country weapons? Even if Pakistan buys pistols you indians start crying out loud!

now for me Indian muslims are the best in the world..they are more tolerant to other religions..still they worship their gods with most respect..some of you people will never understand this even if you got 10 lives

exactly you proved my point again!, as i said, you know nothing about Islam! Hindu influence has gotten to you so much to an extent that you think Muslims worship God? you can't even tell the difference between Islam and hinduism!

In Islam there is only one God and that is Allah!

some kids who has no idea what he is saying is the proof..

I know exactly what i'm saying, your the one who doesn't have a clue about what your saying! Your here commenting about Islam and Muslims when you don't even know the five pillars of Islam!

mate from what age you had taken your religion seriously?i mean start to offer prayer with out the forcing of parents and all the stuff related to your religion??Me almost 10-12 years age..lets the kids be kids..

i began to pray at the age of 15! My parents never forced me to follow my religion, i grew up in America, i don't even know how to recite Quran in Arabic :-)frown:) though i know some Arabic Alphabet and a few short Surahs in Arabic:-)smitten:)! I never regret the day i began practicing my religion because ever since i have changed in a good way, and all that nonsense that i once thought would benefit me was just a waste of my precious life time that i can never get back, now that i look back at it!

My sympathies with you :tongue:

no need to sympathize with me, all those women you see are just a bunch of fakes! There is nothing real on them. I sympathize with you because you my friend have become enslaved to this corruption of the soul!

mate I dont have any disagreement with you on this..my only disagreement is with you is bringing religion in to the equation..

The fact is, i didn't bring religion into this, its the indian films and serials that depict the worship of hindu deities and that is promoting hindu culture in Pakistan!

Youth started thinking about these things at the average age of 13-14..you want them to marry at that age??

Its the choice of the person if he or she wants to marry at that age! But you see when they don't get married bad things happen, for example in America teenage pregnancies are increasing and as a result so is the STD's because of the desperation of the teenagers to get involved into sexual activities, and this ruins the lives of many innocent youths!

Might as well just get married and do it the proper way in which you won't have to worry about getting any disease!

Big channels are private channels ..and what is the propoganda??promoting Hinduism??there are lots of channels owned by non-Hindus which shows this puja and all those stuffs..they are just broad casting it for TRP ratings and nothing else..

ok, but the thing is we don't want that in Pakistan!

Then why does almost every indian serial protray the worship of hindu deities?

Ask the writer man..you didnt see any serials with muslim characters in it??

i think i've already explained regarding this.

no you didnt..you are dodging this question youths get polluted and then saying that they dont watch it..you didnt make up your mind about it yet..

lol, when was the last time you saw our media crying wolf when Russia, israel, or America sold your country weapons? Even if Pakistan buys pistols you indians start crying out loud!

Our media cry wolf on lot of things..lets save it for another thread ..

exactly you proved my point again!, as i said, you know nothing about Islam! Hindu influence has gotten to you so much to an extent that you think Muslims worship God? you can't even tell the difference between Islam and hinduism!

In Islam there is only one God and that is Allah!

now this is getting annoying ..if one s is added you think Hindu influvence is gotten in to me??I am a Christian mate..not much change is between our religion...

I know exactly what i'm saying, your the one who doesn't have a clue about what your saying! Your here commenting about Islam and Muslims when you don't even know the five pillars of Islam!

I was not talking about you :disagree: i was talking about that face book link..I agree i dont have much knowledge about Islam as much as you do..but still watching a serial promote Hindu religion in muslim youths was too much

i began to pray at the age of 15! My parents never forced me to follow my religion, i grew up in America, i don't even know how to recite Quran in Arabic :-)frown:) though i know some Arabic Alphabet and a few short Surahs in Arabic:-)smitten:)! I never regret the day i began practicing my religion because ever since i have changed in a good way, and all that nonsense that i once thought would benefit me was just a waste of my precious life time that i can never get back, now that i look back at it!

Thats what i am saying lets the kids be kids..when they reach the age of maturity they will know more about their god ..Kids try to imitate anything and everything..Afterwards they began to know more about the faith and prayers ..

no need to sympathize with me, all those women you see are just a bunch of fakes! There is nothing real on them. I sympathize with you because you my friend have become enslaved to this corruption of the soul!

That was a sarcasm :hitwall: ..never mind i accpets your sympathies :cheers:

The fact is, i didn't bring religion into this, its the indian films and serials that depict the worship of hindu deities and that is promoting hindu culture in Pakistan!

There are lots of Indian films about muslims too..is that mean Indian flims promoting Pakistan culture in India ??:confused:

Its the choice of the person if he or she wants to marry at that age! But you see when they don't get married bad things happen, for example in America teenage pregnancies are increasing and as a result so is the STD's because of the desperation of the teenagers to get involved into sexual activities, and this ruins the lives of many innocent youths!

Never mind nothing to do with topic...

ok, but the thing is we don't want that in Pakistan!

suit yourself but saying its promoting Hindu culture in Pakistan is wrong :no:

Well in short, what we (indian members) are trying to explain is, if Pakistan wants to ban Indian Television, or movies in Pakistan, as a protest or in response to ban on Pakistani channels in India, its fair enough. Your wish, your country.

However saying that India movies or television brainwashes the youth and is a Hindu Propaganda is just stupid and senseless. Do you think the serial makers are religious minded kooks who want to preach Hinduism? lol!! Does that even make sense?

Thank you.
Lets close the debate now.

Back
Top Bottom