What's new

Selex ES radar & other technology on JF-17?

1. F-16s in place are likely the bulk of the F-16s u will see for a while. Do you really want to increase the percentage of you airforce that is dependent on whether the US needs you at this time or not? If so then you guys havent learned anything since 1990s. When you say that the Indian lobby is blocking the sale that should scare you... You are accepting that yiur enemy holds so much sway with your 2nd largest arms supplier (biggest of advanced tech) that they have held up your purchase. And yet you are willing to wait for more F-16? Sounds like a bad idea to me.

If i were in PAFs shoes id rather go and get the best electronics package i could for the JF-17 (Which if we all remember... This thread was originally about...so soon i hope we get back to it...) and make jf-17 better than the F-16s (at least electronically.

2. As for JH-7B not being useful to PN... Outside of Flankers, please tell me which multirole fighters PN can get which will do better than JH-7B in a strike role? Jf-17 doesnt have the legs or payload to do much against IN (can only carry 2 AShM missiles at a time). PAFs F-16s cant fire Harpoon. Rafale is already being bought by India. Typhoon too expensive. J-10 redundant with JF-17. Best option for PN air arm is Flanker. If theyare unavailable, 1sqn of JH-7B (Hopefully with radar and electronics similar or from J-16) Nd 1 sqn of JF-17 for support.

And please can we get off the idea that China would be allowed by Russia, to sell J-1 OR J-16. Its not gonna happen. Only flanker that could show up in Pakistan are those sold by Russia.

Now id kindly request all of us to get back to the topic at hand which was future packages for JF-17.

Sorry abt once again intervening in discussions of seniors and pros but on same forum pros of PAF have quoted F16s as the most potent fighter, (like Windjammer Sir). I have some link to research field and go through specs before commenting . Initially I will be off topic, to reply u. by putting a lion's skin on donkey we can't make donkey a lion.

Pak will most surely use F16s ag India and I doubt that Mr Mastan' s point about spying of USA on Israel's F16s not applicable in Indo/ Pak context. Perhaps u both don't no bitter ground realities of Pak.
If u consider sanctions risk then this is unavoidable in any fighter jet scenario for Pak until and unless we start production of sophisticated high tech gadgetry ourselves. Even China has passed through long phases to reach self reliance mostly in case of defense equipment ( with exception of jet engines). For this we have to follow Chinese example set up polytechnic Institutes teaching applied scientific knowledge instead of theory. We can accelerate this process by sending our students to such institutes in China for education and we should prepare complete road map.

Further I will once again say that bomb trucks or heavies having lesser A2A capabilities are good for big countries like China,USA or India as they can afford them in high numbers no such luxury for Pak. We have to make rational choices within our limits I would suggest Su35 in limited numbers or J16s much better choices for Pak navy then Jh7b as they shall have better A 2 A capabilities then JH7b also with long legs. PN will require these jets to ensure deep strike on enemy important Naval Assets not just to bomb ordinary Frigates as they shall be tackled within Pak Naval boundaries by JF17s having armed with C802A with 180KM range and CM400AKG supersonic missile with 200-250KM range. Further pls don't forget RAAD with 350KM range.

Coming to topic in case of Jf17 if Pak goes for AESA frm Selex or any Euorpean country then Pak should go for license production first and later on complete production/development right even if it is expensive along with IRST and EW suite. Further we should immediately install rebuild/overhaul facilities of JF 17 in house.( Some steps already taken by Pak).

Instead of digging deep in techs/figures in Pak case one should first make research work on qualitative aspects of society, financial position and geopolitical position.

I am firm on my ground that as soon as Pak equips JF17s with latest gadgets like IRST and AESA the F16V variant shall be available to PAF after that. Instead of relying on single platform it's always wise to go for more than one.
( In the past and present Pak has kept it's Mirage fleet alive even without any French help at present in similar way Pak shall be able to keep it's F16s operational in future even in case of sanctions.)

JF-17's has an inherent flaw - Loiter time.

I posted these some time back in JF-17 main thread for the same argument ....

Gripen NG Combat Radius & Loiter Time/On Station Time
Gripen NG Combat Radius-1.JPG

Eurofighter Typhoon Combat Radius & Loiter Time/On Station Time

Eurofighter Typhoon on Station time-1.JPG

F-16 Blk-50 Loiter time (200 nm, 2 fuel tanks with ECM pod) 100 min
F-16 blk-50 loiter Time.JPG

JF-17 blk-1 have 90 min on station time (& I believe on station time is same for blk-2 as well), therefore I don't think the argument of JF-17 being a short leg Jet is valid especially in the Indo-Pak geographical contexts.

I posted these some time back in JF-17 main thread for the same argument ....

Gripen NG Combat Radius & Lotier Time/On Station Time
View attachment 292003

Eurofighter Typhoon Combat Radius & Lotier Time/On Station Time

View attachment 292004

JF-17 blk-1 have 90 min on station time (& I believe on station time is same for blk-2 as well), therefore I don't think the argument of JF-17 being a short leg Jet is valid especially in the Indo-Pak geographical contexts.
Khan Saheb

Gripen
Under what parameters? What is the temperature at scramble point? What is the ammo it is carrying? External Tanks / Internal Fuel?

Eurofighter
Kindly look at point No.3 & 4. Shouldn't it be the other way around? i.e. 30mins-500NM and 60mins-250NM?
EF loiter.JPG

JF-17

90 mins loiter time, with what missiles? How far from base? Internal Fuel, or with External Tanks, if so how many?

Regards

You have an inherent flaw in your logic. JF-17 has born into an era where His adversaries would be Mig29, Mirage 2000, SU-30, LCA all equipped with HMD and High bore off sight missiles. Hence many people including me wants a higher end JF-17 and drop the cost effective BS tag line at all. @Tank131 made a great analogy. JF-17 should not become another F-7PG after 10-15 years. F-7PG has become irrelevant in today's environment isnt it ?

That nuke sub would take another 12-15 year to materialize and the need of hour is to have SLCM capability in next 5 years.

Hi,

Thank you for your post---. That is what my understanding was---that this was the image portrayed about the JF17---it would be our answer to the high end enemy aircraft---because that is what is " fearful ".

The issue is not about the potency of the F16 V or the BLK 60----they are absolutely top tier aircraft---the issue is of delivery---. The U S can yank the chain at the last moment because something happened somewhere.

Many of you were not even born when the sanctions hit----you cannot imagine the feeling of impotency that we had----you kids only heard about ti.

So---when that girl asked Nawaz Sharif in 1999 " why don't you avenge the death of my brother "----the brother was a jr officer on board the Atlantique that went down---and Nawaz stated " we don't have the power to do anything----. A hopeless and powerless man---a powerless nation---.

Sorry abt once again intervening in discussions of seniors and pros but on same forum pros of PAF have quoted F16s as the most potent fighter, (like Windjammer Sir). I have some link to research field and go through specs before commenting . Initially I will be off topic, to reply u. by putting a lion's skin on donkey we can't make donkey a lion.

Pak will most surely use F16s ag India and I doubt that Mr Mastan' s point about spying of USA on Israel's F16s not applicable in Indo/ Pak context. Perhaps u both don't no bitter ground realities of Pak.
If u consider sanctions risk then this is unavoidable in any fighter jet scenario for Pak until and unless we start production of sophisticated high tech gadgetry ourselves. Even China has passed through long phases to reach self reliance mostly in case of defense equipment ( with exception of jet engines). For this we have to follow Chinese example set up polytechnic Institutes teaching applied scientific knowledge instead of theory. We can accelerate this process by sending our students to such institutes in China for education and we should prepare complete road map.

Further I will once again say that bomb trucks or heavies having lesser A2A capabilities are good for big countries like China,USA or India as they can afford them in high numbers no such luxury for Pak. We have to make rational choices within our limits I would suggest Su35 in limited numbers or J16s much better choices for Pak navy then Jh7b as they shall have better A 2 A capabilities then JH7b also with long legs. PN will require these jets to ensure deep strike on enemy important Naval Assets not just to bomb ordinary Frigates as they shall be tackled within Pak Naval boundaries by JF17s having armed with C802A with 180KM range and CM400AKG supersonic missile with 200-250KM range. Further pls don't forget RAAD with 350KM range.

Coming to topic in case of Jf17 if Pak goes for AESA frm Selex or any Euorpean country then Pak should go for license production first and later on complete production/development right even if it is expensive along with IRST and EW suite. Further we should immediately install rebuild/overhaul facilities of JF 17 in house.( Some steps already taken by Pak).

Instead of digging deep in techs/figures in Pak case one should first make research work on qualitative aspects of society, financial position and geopolitical position.

I am firm on my ground that as soon as Pak equips JF17s with latest gadgets like IRST and AESA the F16V variant shall be available to PAF after that. Instead of relying on single platform it's always wise to go for more than one.
( In the past and present Pak has kept it's Mirage fleet alive even without any French help at present in similar way Pak shall be able to keep it's F16s operational in future even in case of sanctions.)

Hi,

When you say you are not sure about certain things---or likewise---then how come you are writing contradicting comments.

You need to understand something---this is a different time in a different world---a donkey can be equipped to act like a lion----go back to Aamir Hussein video on this board about the usage of the F22's and their asking a B2 bomber to intervene with BVR missiles----.

There is technology available that you can put an exoskeleton on a donkey to make it roar and deadly as a lion---or in other case you can put in an endoskeleton as well.

So---when you see a helpless awacs in your radar blip---don't so sure of its weakness---it maybe carrying a couple of missile that may take you out.

This is not the time for opening polytechnics---this is the time for equipping the right aircraft in a proper manner and getting the right aircraft as well---.

Even with all the polytechnics open---you won't have the ability to manufacture tier one weapons---because you don't have any knowledge and no fundamental base----. You are lucky that china is on a spree to counter the U S---and pakistan will benefit from whatever tech the chinese come up with.

For the navy you are looking at air to ship or air to surface capability---.

You post also shows ignorance of how air to air capability can be maintained thru JH7B's---you need to understand air to air combat---nowadays it is not all turns and twists---.

The purpose of a heavy is to keep the enemy frigates out of your waters---that is what I have been stating for eons---and you kids are so inherently ignorant of wars should be fought----well---my apologies---you are being led by idiotds who want to drop nuc bombs in your own land to kill the enemy----.

From day one---I have always stated one way or the other---fight the war closer to the enemy's house rather than yours----keep the enemy as far away from your assets as you possibly can---and you thoughtless kids want to let the enemy in your house---the enemy that is 3 time larger---with 5 times the strength---and you with inferior weaponery---what is wrong with you kids---.

@MastanKhan @Rashid Mahmood I've heard that the 8 new subs will be able to carry 2~4 JL-3, can you confirm or deny this?

Hi,

They must have something special---because 8 subs for 5 billions---is a lots of dough.

Khan Saheb

Gripen
Under what parameters? What is the temperature at scramble point? What is the ammo it is carrying? External Tanks / Internal Fuel?

GRIPEN AOA.JPG

it include BVR+WVR+ External Fuel tanks

Eurofighter
Kindly look at point No.3 & 4. Shouldn't it be the other way around? i.e. 30mins-500NM and 60mins-250NM?
View attachment 292007

I am sure you must be aware that speed & flight altitudes are the other factors which have their own effects on loiter timing .... I have taken this table from a presentation of Chris Worning Test Pilot, EADS (link: Internet Archive Wayback Machine

so row 3 must be indicating higher subsonic speed (near to Mach-1 speed) while 4 indicating an average subsonic speed 0.5 or 0.6 Mach .....

JF-17 90 mins loiter time, with what missiles? How far from base? Internal Fuel, or with External Tanks, if so how many?

Regards

A2A configuration of JF-17 2 BVR + 2 WVR + external fuel Tanks

JF-17_142_1.jpg

Bro this info must be classified.
I don't have any knowledge.

Whats so classified in chinese sub that PN is not bothering to disclose its specs? Judging by the history, whenever such a classified card was pulled for not disclosing the deals, either it was to cover large amount of kickbacks, or paying much more for inferior systems and boasting superior qualities of a inferior system.

Atleast French Agosta subs are much more advance than the chinese one we are procuring and a simple google search would reveal its specs, interior and exteriors

JFT can also carry them n same numbers.

However H-6k is a very good idea and this was in my mind too. @Quwa

In current and future environment H-6K and even JH-7s will be sitting ducks against Indian LR-SAMS and IAF will be able send large number of MKIs / Rafaels armed with long-range BVRs like meteor & K-100 supported by MIG-29s / M-2Ks etc.

WOW.....I saved this thread......Prayers for everyone who wrote/are writing on this thread. :pakistan:

@Viper0011. Just check this thread out and please share your opinion to regarding topic and overall...

@Horus @MastanKhan @Quwa @HRK @Tipu7 @Bratva
Sorry I am going off topic but what do you gentlemen say about MIG-35?
mig_35_on_air-wallpaper-5120x3200.jpg
you

Mig 35 is good plane. Its a highly modified Mig29 to be honest.................. Uses AESA radar belonging to Zeuk series. Uses engine of RD33 series i.e RD-33MK ................... RD 93 belong to same family................ And I believe that coming variant of RD93 for Blk3 Jf17 will be based upon RD-33MK...........
in case of engine and radar, aircraft is good plus economical for us.
Issue is how we are gonna use it? As air superiority fighter? Nah, highly unlikely........... as Maritime strike aircraft?..........
don't know Russians will alow us to go as far as to integrate Chinese based anti ship missiles to hunt Indian navy............ to sabotage the deal, India will sure cross every possible limit............

Both Su35 and Mig35 older versions Su30 and Mig29 are operated by IAF.............. Indians are very familiar with it..........
Su30, after Super Sukhoi will be as good as Su35 is now............ also they are getting Mig29K which is on per of Mig35 with AESA as exception............... so unlike popular belief............. both Mig35 and Su35 despite being formidable aircraft will not be able to find its way in PAF.............We cannot get Chinese flanker either.

So lets quit this search and focus on Jf17 only............ develop its new blocks and make it better enough to match 4++Generation standard................ Chinese are working on J20 and advance variants of J10............ every thing they develop will sure find its way to Jf17, making it better...........We got french, South African, Brazilian markets too for avionics and weapon packages of Jf17.............. we can use them too................

View attachment 292070

it include BVR+WVR+ External Fuel tanks

I am sure you must be aware that speed & flight altitudes are the other factors which have their own effects on lotier timing .... I have taken this table from a presentation of Chris Worning Test Pilot, EADS (link: Internet Archive Wayback Machine

so row 3 must be indicating higher subsonic speed (near to Mach-1 speed) while 4 indicating an average subsonic speed 0.5 or 0.6 Mach .....

A2A configuration of JF-17 2 BVR + 2 WVR + external fuel Tanks

View attachment 292075
Don't you think its time we see dual racks for BVR and WVR missiles in Jf17?
Also tests of C802, CM400 AKG? Raad too?

-because 8 subs for 5 billions
Some thing more is hidden here.............. could be more Frigates...........

Last edited:
Whats so classified in chinese sub that PN is not bothering to disclose its specs? Judging by the history, whenever such a classified card was pulled for not disclosing the deals, either it was to cover large amount of kickbacks, or paying much more for inferior systems and boasting superior qualities of a inferior system.

Atleast French Agosta subs are much more advance than the chinese one we are procuring and a simple google search would reveal its specs, interior and exteriors

Go google then Sir.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom