What's new

Selex ES radar & other technology on JF-17?

Get one thing clear man, PN and PAF will not induct, what they called "Obsolete" systems with limited resources available. PN want J-11 class jet if not available then customized JFT is back up plan but no JH-7 or H-6K.
Do you know when bomb trucks are sent in?

Do you know when bomb trucks are sent in?

After achieving air dominance, and that it self is huge issue for PAF, that is why Hi-Lo mix of JFT is needed, customized Raven AESA for JFT with weapons like A-Darters coupled with HMD/S & Meteor will give big boost to current capabilities of PAF. It will allow them to deny enemy Pakistani air space with all systems working well in NCW environment.

Spending limited resources on obsolete systems is stupidity, if you talk about long range fighters like Su-35, J-11 or higher, EFT, F-15s modern ones, F-18s, Rafaels, then yes they can handle the job well but not H-6K and JH-7s.

Hi,

That assesment is incorrect. Neither the F15---ther F18---the EFT are LR heavies to SUITE our purpose.

Just because the H6 is a dedicated bomber does not mean that it has lost its strike capabilities----and the JH7B is no weaner either---.

What you kids are looking at is just the glory of the names of these aircraft---you need to understand the significance and importance of current high tech electronic gadgetry---state of the art fire control radars and jammers and to top them---the state of the art missiles BVR's and WVR's and other smart weapons as well.

Is selex the solution to the problem or the chinese are good enough---I think that selex has tier 1 equipment and the chinese are not far behind---they are fighting real hard in the defense indusrty to come up with extremely potent electronic warfare package for their aircraft to compete against the U S and its allies---in a very short time period---.

The main purpose is to move away from american fighter and strike aircraft---so---they should not even be a part of the discussion---. The EFT is purely an air superiority aircraft---that is what the EFT introduction factory video states---that is what its primary function is---.

The chinese option gives you an opportunity to draw the enemy out to even the playing field---.

You kids need to learn that there need to be found ways to do the battle on enemy's turf as well---.

And when I say that---you kids see the response of the indian members---how they scream that they will have s400 sams and many of their air superiority fighters to take out the incoming naval strike---and their aircraft carriers and frigates etc etc etc----what you kids miss out because of your INEXPERIENCE is that you do not hear the PANIC in their voices----you cannot comprehend the financial damage and loss that these strikes would create---.

The air force and military needs to worry about the first strike at this stage---that how long they can prolong it---because that is where the succes of the mission lays---just take the nuc drama out of the picture---keep the conflict non nuclear---take a beating but give them a good drubbing as well by destroying their money making centers---.

The basic goal of this war needs to be to---FIND WAYS TO MAKE THE FOREIGN MONEY RUN OUT OF INDIA---that must be the primary goal---.

Once the money goes away---it is not coming back---.

@HRK @MastanKhan and others

Given the fact that the JF-17 loaded with three fuel tanks, two WVR and three BVR missiles can loiter for +/- 90 mins, CAN it be fitted with twin launchers for BVR's, Like the J-10A below?

It would not reduce the Loiter time drastically, but increase it's lethality at the same time.

J10A.jpg

It will also help us understand the technology of the Russian Fighters which are being used in IAF.

PAF knows inside-out of su-30 and mig-29..
our pilots also have flown both jets by sitting in driving seat..

29az5s0.jpg

blk2/blk3 onwards

29az5s0.jpg

blk2/blk3 on wards
this is official brochure looks like Photoshopped but like multiple racks for Mk82 , multiple racks for SD-10 is on cards

Dual Racks new.JPG

29az5s0.jpg

blk2/blk3 onwards

this is official brochure looks like Photoshopped but like multiple racks for Mk82 , multiple racks for SD-10 is on cards

Dual Racks new.JPG

Not sure if like mirage multiple Mk82 can be carried on center line station so far only single large mk84 or 800 liter tanks or ldp or jamming pod has been seen

mirage 3 fighter - Bing images

@HRK @MastanKhan and others

Given the fact that the JF-17 loaded with three fuel tanks, two WVR and three BVR missiles can loiter for +/- 90 mins, CAN it be fitted with twin launchers for BVR's, Like the J-10A below?

It would not reduce the Loiter time drastically, but increase it's lethality at the same time.

View attachment 292204

Possibly under development. We might see something by year end. On a side note JFT for its size and task, is not as short legged as people are trying to portray. We need to remember it's a light aircraft and in its category it is better than some of its contemporaries. For example much better than Tejas. Equal to Gripen C/D. RD-93 seems to be efficient in fuel consumption.

Hi,

Readers need to understand the issue with JF17's loiter time ON ITS OWN MERIT it is not a problem----.

Whenever I discuss the abilities and capabilities of the JF 17----it is by default against the top tier of the enemy aircraft---I do not have to bring out the enemy's aircraft every time into the discussion.---because in a battle---that is what it is going to confront.

The reason being----the impression being given when these aircraft was being built was this is the solution to our PROBLEM----. The enemy already what it had---the only thing that we needed to do was to match some of it somehow---.

If the opponent was purely tejas or gripen or m2k's----I would not have any issues at all---I will be happy as Lark and be chirping the praises of the Paf all the time.

i can't feel optimistic about the JF-17. its not the answer even with a better radar etc its not a true heavyweight we need.

Possibly under development. We might see something by year end. On a side note JFT for its size and task, is not as short legged as people are trying to portray. We need to remember it's a light aircraft and in its category it is better than some of its contemporaries. For example much better than Tejas. Equal to Gripen C/D. RD-93 seems to be efficient in fuel consumption.
the indians say that the lack of composites on the JF-17 make it an easy target?

i can't feel optimistic about the JF-17. its not the answer even with a better radar etc its not a true heavyweight we need.

the indians say that the lack of composites on the JF-17 make it an easy target?

It is what it was designed to do and some more. And you expect Indians to acknowledge our aircraft? Composites don't make an aircraft stealth. There is lot more to it.

It is what it was designed to do and some more. And you expect Indians to acknowledge our aircraft? Composites don't make an aircraft stealth. There is lot more to it.
but do you really believe it to be the answer to the imbalance, the purpose of the Jf-17 is to give PAF a mid-tech capability they are unable to recieve with the bulk of mirages, F-7s etc, its not necessary the answer to the SU-30MKI, this is the thing i find a little worrying, the aircraft should have evolved to the point its capable of challenging and eliminating some of the threats across the border,
i see many positives in the JF-17 providing a good industrial base,and there is plenty of room to add additional gadgetry but the purpose of the machine is to protect pakistans skys, since the 80s theres never been a real answer to the imbalance, PAF is in need of a heavyweight kind of fighter, that has range and payload, and excellent strike ability, and its been 30+ years since we inducted an aircraft of this generation worthy of its time.

Both F16 and JF17 are almost the same size, F16 has a bigger engine (more fuel consumption), why then Thunder would have lower internal fuel capacity and lower on station time than F-16?

Is the available space in Thunder not optimally utilised?

HI,

I am looking at the worst case scenario---. So---I think it is around 45 minutes to an hour---with air to air refuelling--the number will go much higher.

But look at it this way---Gripen NG---is touted at 1340 km combat radius---with internal and storage tanks---and that aircraft has a much more fuel efficient engine.

Instead of large refuellers---paf need heavies that can double as buddy refuellers---the heavies can defend themselves better---better jamming capabilities and counter measures.

Hi,

The purpose of the long range naval strike aircraft is to take the pressure off the battle over the land----. To counter the naval strike aircraft---the opponent would have to move more aircraft around to protect very important assets on the coastline.

Now as for the LRsams taking out the H6 or the JH7B---that would happen---but the sams would also be taken out in large numbers----it is a two way street.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom