What's new

Seleucus Nicator's Invasion of India, c.306-303 BC

Actually Arabs never conquered us, they where defeated in the Battle of Rajasthan by a Gurjar Pratihara-Rajput alliance,
Battle of Rajasthan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i m not talking bout certain battles...(some battles were won others lost) but bout overall war in north india. When Islamic invaders were slaughtering ppl in the north, all hindus did was stand in a line and left everything to god. It was this attiutde that got hindus killed in north. At least southern hindus stood up and fought.

Qasim was an Arab from Saudi Arabia. Except for being your conquerors these people had nothing to do with Pakistan. You take pride in them because they were Muslims. By the same token a Dilliwa Hindu like me has every right to take pride in what he did on the battlegorund that day.
Nobody is stopping you from taking pride over anyone? Be as proud over him as you can .
But claiming him to Hindus alone is wrong.

i m not talking bout certain battles...(some battles were won others lost) but bout overall war in north india. When Islamic invaders were slaughtering ppl in the north, all hindus did was stand in a line and left everything to god. It was this attiutde that got hindus killed in north. At least southern hindus stood up and fought.
Only Turkics and Afghan conquered us though, never Arabs.
And North Indians did fight back as well lol. Rajputs and Jats?
Suraj Mal and Rana Pratap spring to mind.

Nobody is stopping you from taking pride over anyone? Be as proud over him as you can .
But claiming him to Hindus alone is wrong.

I never claimed him to Hindus alone. I called him a sub-continental hero. You and I can be both proud of his bravery equally. I just stated that Hindu Punjabis of India have the first claim over him.

1024px-Asia_323bc.jpg

I notice this is around the same time China was divided in to 7 warring states.
Also, around the same time the Turks were wandering about aimlessly in the Mongolian planes :lol:

Also why does Kashmir have a big '?' next to it? Did it even exist back then?

I notice this is around the same time China was divided in to 7 warring states.
Also, around the same time the Turks were wandering about aimlessly in the Mongolian planes :lol:

True, ancient China is actually smaller than modern day China. As for Turks well they were always wandering hence how they are almost all over Asia today.

well...i wouldn't go that far...1000 of years ago, india was truly amazing...but in the last 500+ years, that amazeness is long gone. First it was arabs, than british, indian themselves played bigger role in inviting foreigners. Muguals invasion was the worst thing to happen on the subcontinent and hindus in north india were running away instead of fighting. They were being slaughtered...it was a small group of ppl who later became known as sikhs that stood up atleast.

First you can see a running .But later Marathas ,Rajputs ,Sikhs all of them put up a good fight.At the time of British Great Mughal rule is confined to palace of Bahadur Shah.
British divide and rule method was far dangerous.Till now world is suffering due to that.

You can believe that all you want.

He could have kicked the arse of your "heroes" like Qasim, Gaznavi and Ghauri, not surrendered to them and considered them liberators.
No Syed (or any Arab/Turk/...) has anything to do with our holy land or its history.
Calm down man. Its not a big deal.

Well i am not much into the history,can here one here please enlighten me about the chola empire?

Hindu Punjabis of India have the first claim over him.
I respect your opinion but i'll disagree with it , all the people of Punjab despite religious differences have equal right over him(though his kingdom was in Pakistani Punjab as well :D ) and after that the whole subcontinent.

My friend North Indians have never been those kinds who stood up in a line to get slaughtered. You are being taught some very effed up history wherever it is you studied.

Read about Prithviraj Chauhan as well. We here in the North kept the Arabs, Greeks, Persians and Mongols , all superpowers of their time at bay. We protected you from their wrath. So spare me this BS.

Even the Turks and Afghans had to lose many battle before conquering the North because they just wouldn't stop coming. You should consider yourself lucky that being in the South you did not have to bear the brunt of the foreign invasions.

I am getting sick and tired of this xenophobic attitude that some South Indians members show towards the North Indians on this forum. I am really beginning to sense some inferiority complex.

One expects this from certain neighbours of ours but from our own countrymen, disgusting.

Last edited:
True, ancient China is actually smaller than modern day China. As for Turks well they were always wandering hence how they are almost all over Asia today.

Most countries that are Turkic today were actually Indo-European in the past, mainly Iranic. Notice the Sarmatians, Saceans, Massagetae and Tocharians.

We have no problem with you guys claiming him too but if you say he is more yours because he was Hindu we won't accept it. Then again if Pakistani say who cares because he was Hindu people like @nick_indian would be the first to be like Pakistanis don't accept the Hindu parts of their history. :disagree:

Oh man these people :lol:.Even a king who died thousands of years ago also become a partition point and quarreling subject for Indian and Pakistanis.

I respect your opinion but i'll disagree with it , all the people of Punjab despite religious differences have equal right over him(though his kingdom was in Pakistani Punjab as well :D ) and after that the whole subcontinent.

Let's agree to disagree but we are still closer to a common ground now.

Well i am not much into the history,can here one here please enlighten me about the chola empire?
A strong naval empire and force to be reckoned with during its peak( though more then power the cultural development etc was more important :) ) , unfortunately South Indian history isn't that familiar to me either but i have read up some stuff on it , definitely worth some research

Back
Top Bottom