What's new

Seleucus Nicator's Invasion of India, c.306-303 BC

The Nanda empire was waiting for Alexander.
Though Western historians give war fatigue as the reason for Alexander's return. More neutral sources put it down to Nanda's Army waiting for him. Puru with a small Army and small kingdom fought extra ordinarily well, Nanda's were giants of the time.

It was the war elephants they were scared of. They didn't have the heart to battle any more war elephants that too in thousands.

There are Punjabis in India too and there have been migrations throughout history within Punjab particularly after 1947. Punjabi Hindus have the first claim to him and his empire.

Anyway, all Hindus have the right to take pride in his bravery and stand against Alex. Don't you Muslims boast around of the achievements of Arab, Turk and Afghan warlords of history even though you directly had nothing to do with them ?

LOL they can claim him no problem he fought bravely but first claim belongs to Pakistan. Just like Pakistanis who are proud of Tipu but Tipu first claim is still Indian.

LOL they can claim him no problem he fought bravely but first claim belongs to Pakistan. Just like Pakistanis who are proud of Tipu but Tipu first claim is still Indian.

Incorrect. As I stated there have been migrations withing Punjab throughout the last 2300 years since this battle took place and there was a massive immigration from West to East Punjab after 1947. He being a Hindu leading a Hindu kingdom , the Punjabi Hindus almost all whom live in India today have the first claim over him. Anyway, let's agree to disagree. This is getting childish. Let's just say he was a sub-continental braveheart.

Porus is son of the soil and hence he is ours :D :bunny::bunny::bunny:

Everybody around the world refers to him as an Indian Hindu king ;) There is a reason for that.

Everybody around the world refers to him as an Indian Hindu king ;)

I don't know why you keep assuming that you know what people around the world call things. :lol:

He belongs to Pakistan or else Mughals, Mysore and the many other Muslim empires are Pakistani while non-Muslim are Indian? :crazy:

Incorrect. As I stated there have been migrations withing Punjab throughout the last 2300 years since this battle took place and there was a massive emigration from West to East Punjab after 1947. He being a Hindu leading a Hindu kingdom , the Punjabi Hindus almost all whom live in India today have the first claim over him. Anyway, let's agree to disagree. This is getting childish. Let's just say he was a sub-continental braveheart.

Everybody around the world refers to him as an Indian Hindu king ;)
Hindu yes by all means , but the question remains so what? The ancestors of Punjabi muslims were Hindus as well . They in essence are the same people.

Porus was a Hindu king. Pakistan was created on the basis of Islam.

Add and 2 and 2 and the answer is clear.

How so? I'm not saying that he is not Pakistani because he is but it's impossible to jump to conclusions. I think he belongs to all South Asians. :)
I'd say only to Pakistan(the most :D) and India.

Porus was a Hindu king. Pakistan was created on the basis of Islam.

Add and 2 and 2 and the answer is clear.
Whatever helps you sleep at night , at the end of the day his descendants are most likely to be Pakistani Punjabis.

I don't know why you keep assuming that you know what people around the world call things. :lol:

He belongs to Pakistan or else Mughals, Mysore and the many other Muslim empires are Pakistani while non-Muslim are Indian? :crazy:

You are getting it all wrong. I have already explained this before.

He was probably from East Punjab anyway. Just because the battle happened in modern day West Punjab, it doesn't mean he belonged from there only.

He was a Hindu Punjabi hero and modern day Hindu Punjabis who all live in India have the first right over him, followed by Pakistanis and other Hindus and indians.

You are getting it all wrong. I have already explained this before.

He was probably from East Punjab anyway. Just because the battle happened in modern day West Punjab, it doesn't mean he belonged from there only.

He was a Hindu Punjabi hero and modern day Hindu Punjabis who all live in India have the first right over him, followed by Pakistanis and other Hindus.

LOL probably is not proof, it is more likely he was born in the areas he later became King over. Like I said they can claim him all they want but end of the day he is Pakistan's first.

Back
Top Bottom