What's new

Seleucus Nicator's Invasion of India, c.306-303 BC

@nick_indian , let him be. He is a true Turk. Doesn't matter what his ancestry is, but I have seen how they behave and get treated in Europe. They talk crap like this, get slapped, and get quiet. Then start again, and the cycle continues. It is a cultural thing, so you can't shove any civic sense in him. You are only wasting your time with him.

@nick_indian , let him be. He is a true Turk. Doesn't matter what his ancestry is, but I have seen how they behave and get treated in Europe. They talk crap like this, get slapped, and get quiet. Then start again, and the cycle continues. It is a cultural thing, so you can't shove any civic sense in him. You are only wasting your time with him.
How are we treated then?
What cultural thing?
One member saying something and you come up with this?
Well lets hear/see it,how do we get treated in Europe?

Yeah realised that and put him on ignore. I am just appalled at the way the moderators are running this forum. I have been banned for saying stuff not even 1/10th as offensive as this AtatAnimal speaks and gets away.

Last edited:
This thread has degenerated,but then again the 'turk or GTFO wolf' has made his presence felt,so its natural.

Yeah but we messed up against Turks, Afghans and the British.

Afghans ,Turks both are resorted in illegal and barbaric method some thing Indians not mastered in that time.And British use a severe dangerous method that is well known for its far reaching.Divide and rule method.All of these people dont carry a honourable method that implemented during Maurya time.

Chandragupta was one of the first king to have envisioned the concept of Bharat along with Chanakya (his advisor). He had a very large army & a large number of Elephants as well which were the prime reason why Alexander retreated from India as his men had taken a toll during the battle of Hydaphses.

@AUSTERLITZ MATE, I believe you can shed some more light on the subject at hand.

Chandragupta was still a child when Alexander retreated.

The Cholas and Mughals too, I believe

Still an achievement considering that they were superpower of that time and had conquered a previous superpower- Persia but failed completely in India.

Raja Raja Chola is one of the best Chola king in history.At his time he commanded world largest and powerful navy.You know can see his cultural influence in Indo-China area.

Actually Turks never did that. We only married locals here and there but your India doesn't even have one identity. Your country is like a zoo with all kind of creatures. People should build a wall around your country so the creatures don't escape from the zoo.

Mughals left a deep arse pain in you. I will leave your insults to yourself. Without Mughals you wouldn't even have Tashmahal.

That is what I dispise Mughals. They accepted Indians as equals instead of what the British did. Mughals made invest while Brits left the swamp as it is and extracted wealth for themselves only.
It took the Turks 500 years of constant attacks to finally break our borders, that's how desperate you where.
And we all know how the Mughals ended, constant raids from Marathas, Jats, Sikhs and Rajputs messed them up bad.

That and also Alexander's battle in India , which was as many international historians claim, his toughest. After that battle he and his army were too wary to fight any further and bigger Indian armies.

Alexander fought against King Porus.But he carry a comparatively smaller kingdom at that time.But when Alexander see the Nanda dynasty and its military.Their wishes ends there.

it was actually raja porus that stopped them in their tracks. sikandar was so shaken his army couldnt fight anyone else after that. they ran back tail between legs and he left these weak commanders/generals in charge of eastern territories. so their occupation would have ended eventually anyway.

that being said, chadragupta and ashoka were amongst the greatest indigenous south asian rulers in history. i would only put tipu sultan, sher shah suri and maybe gupta at similar level. ashoka especially because it was his missionary efforts which made buddhism a world religion. otherwise it would have just flickered and died in india not long after. i guess ideas like egalitarianism, abolition of caste, and pursuit of knowledge didn't have many takers back then. sad :(
Well put, it seems that both Pakistanis(Porus) and Indians(Chandragupta) gave nightmare to the Greek/Macedonians.:cheers:

lol i have zero knowledge in History and i hated it during my schooltime but after seeing fights regularly on PDF i have devloped a fetish for it now.:lol::lol:

I believe the reason Alexanders army mutinied was because of the prospect of facing the Nanda Empire which was even more powerful than Porus.

You can't compare that to Turkic Mughal Empire.

You are right.Mauryan dynasty always show a honour and decency even in the battle field.Also respect their enemies.Mauryans or Alexander dont do any barbaric acts.
But Mughals is always different.After a war they loot,rape enemies territory ,always perform barbaric acts and indecency.

Unlikely,he was already a soldier and may have been a mercenary in greek service for a while where he may have met alexander.Chandragupta seized power in magadha in 321 bc just 2 years after alexander's death.

Back
Top Bottom