What's new

Seleucus Nicator's Invasion of India, c.306-303 BC

Doesn't matter. Mughals were still richer. They were most prosperous empire in your geograhpical history. And Mauryan motif? Who cares about that. We don't care about that. Mughals used their own script. India was going places..

You need to understand Mughals dont bring anything in to India.They only know one thing fighting through barbaric methods.We hate these mughals.

Actually Turks never did that. We only married locals here and there but your India doesn't even have one identity. Your country is like a zoo with all kind of creatures. People should build a wall around your country so the creatures don't escape from the zoo.

Mughals left a deep arse pain in you. I will leave your insults to yourself. Without Mughals you wouldn't even have Tashmahal.

That is what I dispise Mughals. They accepted Indians as equals instead of what the British did. Mughals made invest while Brits left the swamp as it is and extracted wealth for themselves only.

Idiot "Tajmahal" not Tashmahal.pathetic.

Well put, it seems that both Pakistanis(Porus) and Indians(Chandragupta) gave nightmare to the Greek/Macedonians.:cheers:

Porus and his kingdom were Hindu kingdom of the Punjab region. I am sure the Indian Punjabi Hindus and Sikhs would be very ticked off that you called Porus a Pakistani. :P

You need to understand Mughals dont bring anything in to India.They only know one thing fighting through barbaric methods.We hate these mughals.

Dude I don't know about you but I don't hate the Mughals and neither do most Indians I know. Of course some Mughal emperors like Aurangzeb were worth hating but not the entire empire itself.

Yeah and war fatigue.

That's what Greek historians claim.

Unlikely,he was already a soldier and may have been a mercenary in greek service for a while where he may have met alexander.Chandragupta seized power in magadha in 321 bc just 2 years after alexander's death.

I read somewhere he was still young. Perhaps I should have phrased it better I didn't mean literally a child more like a young adult.

Anyway point was it was not his armies that were awaiting Alexander should he had continued. :)

It took the Turks 500 years of constant attacks to finally break our borders, that's how desperate you where.
And we all know how the Mughals ended, constant raids from Marathas, Jats, Sikhs and Rajputs messed them up bad.

India is truly amazing .Whatever is the reason ,we stand united against foreigners throughout our history.Against Mughals we used bloodshed method.Against British we used cultural pressure and bloodshed method.And we are still follow our great culture even if all these repercussions.

Earlier people used to say that this theory was only propounded by some right wing Indian nationalists. Now this theory is even finding takers among non-Indians who are willing to look at the history dispassionately and objectively.

The way Alexander's invasion of India ended, something seems very suspicious and amiss about the story told by the Greek historians.

lol i have zero knowledge in History and i hated it during my schooltime but after seeing fights regularly on PDF i have devloped a fetish for it now.:lol::lol:

Hmmmm ....... How do one develop fetish ......
meme-face-thinking.jpg

You just invoked the inner desire of knowing things I think ..... no offence .....:drag:

During my school days when History is being told I used to get a feeling that I was hit by a bus or a car ......... when teacher used to say ........ Babur won the battle or Aurangzeb established an empire ................ :lol:

Porus and his kingdom were Hindu kingdom of the Punjab region. I am sure the Indian Punjabi Hindus and Sikhs would be very ticked off that you called Porus a Pakistani. :P

Porus was a king of areas that make up present day Pakistan his religion has no bearing on that in fact if his descendants are still alive and kicking they are probably Pakistanis today.

I read somewhere he was still young. Perhaps I should have phrased it better I didn't mean literally a child more like a young adult.

Anyway point was it was not his armies that were awaiting Alexander should he had continued. :)
The Nanda empire was waiting for Alexander.
Though Western historians give war fatigue as the reason for Alexander's return. More neutral sources put it down to Nanda's Army waiting for him. Puru with a small Army and small kingdom fought extra ordinarily well, Nanda's were giants of the time.

Porus was a king of areas that make up present day Pakistan his religion has no bearing on that in fact if his descendants are still alive and kicking they are probably Pakistanis today.

There are Punjabis in India too and there have been migrations throughout history within Punjab particularly after 1947. Punjabi Hindus in India have the first claim to him and his empire.

Anyway, all Hindus have the right to take pride in his bravery and stand against Alex. Don't you Muslims boast around of the achievements of Arab, Turk and Afghan warlords of history even though you directly had nothing to do with them ?

Dude I don't know about you but I don't hate the Mughals and neither do most Indians I know. Of course some Mughal emperors like Aurangzeb were worth hating but not the entire empire itself.

You are right.I always respect Akbar and some other kings.But their influence and cultural attack cause the partition of India.That is a reason.Before Mughals ,Muslim invaders destroy Nalanda University.And Baqtiyar Khilji burn our library .Events like that also give me a bad impression about Mughals and Muslim invaders

The Nanda empire was waiting for Alexander.
Though Western historians give war fatigue as the reason for Alexander's return. More neutral sources put it down to Nanda's Army waiting for him. Puru with a small Army and small kingdom fought extra ordinarily well, Nanda's were giants of the time.

I know bro, if you go back my only contention is that Nanda's armies were not led by Chandragupta at the time as Chandragupta was not yet King. :)

War fatigue was a reason as well though, regardless of if they would have won or gotten slaughtered his men just wanted to go home for the most part.

+1
We hate every Turkic who invaded India. Turkic barbarians have no place in India. Mughal descendants are washing dishes in Delhi and no one cares about them. Turkics came, they looted and they perished.

Back
Top Bottom