What's new

Seleucus Nicator's Invasion of India, c.306-303 BC

You don't understand, this was the only battle where the Arabs attempted to control India and they lost. They never made it past Sindh.
If you think I am wrong then please provide a source about supposed "Arab rule in India"? lol
No, you don't understand. Where did I say "Arab rule in India"? Stop making things up. I said Arabs invaded India. Was Sindh not part of India?

You don't understand, this was the only battle where the Arabs attempted to control India and they lost. They never made it past Sindh.
If you think I am wrong then please provide a source about supposed "Arab rule in India"? lol
Historically speaking The Arab Invasion was severely damaged by the leaving of Qasim , who killed by the caliph himself due to the political rivalry.

Things, people, civilisations, fortunes, everything changes with time. The good thing about Europeans is, they know how to move forward and don't live in the past.

Thats a sweeping statement to make. Maybe you forgot the Dark Ages or European history before that.

Europeans dominated the last 500 years because of Renaissance and Industrial Revolution that happened in 16th century.

In India it happened in the early part of first Millennium (great thinkers and scientists from Mauryas to Gupta Era) and little bit during the Mughal Era i.e. middle of second millennium.

Its a cycle. There is nothing special about Europeans. Also check out the Chinese History.

I know :agree:
Ghouri had learned from his mistake , this time he proceded much faster.
He knew if He gave Chauhan time to collect his entire forces the result would be same as the first battle of tarain

One more thing the Rajputs didn't fight after the sunset and when the forces of Ghori attacked them before dawn the Rajput forces were taken by surprise.

Still i would rate Ghaznavi better militarily than Ghori, latter never lost a single battle neither in India nor in Central Asia though the conditions and the level of opposition faced by both were different.

No, you don't understand. Where did I say "Arab rule in India"? Stop making things up. I said Arabs invaded India. Was Sindh not part of India?
No, Sindh was ruled by a independent king. I believe he was called Raja Dahir. They fell easily to Arabs.
Arabs made one attempt at invading India and lost, that considered historical fact. Anyone stating otherwise would be mocked.

Thats a sweeping statement to make. Maybe you forgot the Dark Ages or European history before that.

Europeans dominated the last 500 years because of Renaissance and Industrial Revolution that happened in 16th century.

In India it happened in the early part of first Millennium (great thinkers and scientists from Mauryas to Gupta Era) and little bit during the Mughal Era i.e. middle of second millennium.

Its a cycle. There is nothing special about Europeans. Also check out the Chinese History.

I meant to say that Europeans instead living in the Past glories of Greeks or Romans unlike many Asian groups think more of the present and try to catch up with the tines that's why they are so much developed. While you talk to some people in Asia and they are still stuck in the middle age glories while completely ruining their present and future. I hope you got the hint.

Still an achievement considering that they were superpower of that time and had conquered a previous superpower- Persia but failed completely in India.
They failed because they were divided by that time. The Greeks were able to conquer Persia under the strong leadership of Alexander.

No, Sindh was ruled by a independent king. I believe he was called Raja Dahir. They fell easily to Arabs.
Arabs made one attempt at invading India and lost, that considered historical fact. Anyone stating otherwise would be mocked.

Yaar Sindh was considered a part of India back then. He is right. All territories to the east of Indus river were considered india.

Then how come Arabia invaded India?

India always had very good infantry and elephant cavalry but lacked horse cavalry for lack of good breed of horses in India.

Indian armies were defeated when tactics and technology involving horse cavalry was refined as Elephant were costly to raise and elephant cavalry lacked both control and speed.

BTW Arabs never conquered any part of India. Qasim's expedition was a hit and run and his descendants were overthrown by Gujara-pratihara empire.Their reach extended only till Baluchistan.

Yaar Sindh was considered a part of India back then. He is right. All territories to the east of Indus river were considered india.

But Arab's dominance was restricted to western banks of Indus only.

:alcoholic: Nothing
Why do you ask? :girl_cray3:
Sorry if i offended you with any of my posts :(

How can you offend me my young padawan learner ? :azn:

But why so much anger at Ghazni ? :(

Its not as if he was any better or worse than any other Ruler from those times ? :unsure:

Civility, Humanity & Chivalry were the 'exception' to the Rule not the Rule itself in those times ! :)

They failed because they were divided by that time. The Greeks were able to conquer Persia under the strong leadership of Alexander.

Doesn't change the fact that they failed. India too failed in battles mostly when were divided.

Even Alexander failed here btw. He had to run away after knowing that 5000 war elephants of Nanda empire were waiting for him. He did not have the heart for such battle especially after the encounter with Raja Puru.

Anyway, Greeks were a superpower of that time. Nobody can deny that.

But Arab's dominance was restricted to western banks of Indus only.

They did conquer small parts of Sindh to the East of Indus river. They never made it to modern India though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom