What's new

Seleucus Nicator's Invasion of India, c.306-303 BC

Yaar what he wanted or didn't want to do is one thing but when you look at history, Pashtuns kings had only three empires in India - Lodis(small empire in the North), Suris( again only in the North), Durrani (only limited to Punjab). [Not counting ghourids here since we are not sure of their ethnic background)

Compare this with the raids of Ghaznavi, then the setting up of the Delhi Sultunate by Qutnudding Aibak , a Turk followed by two more Turkic empires i.e. Khiljis and Tughlaqs. Khiljis are credited with kepping the Mongols at bay and Tughlaqs formed the largest dynasty of the Delhi Sultunate period. This was followed by Timur's invasion (another Turk). Later the Mughal empire which was the Greatest Muslim empire in South Asia and also one of the greatest overall in Indian history was also Turkic. The nvasion of Nadir Shah in 1739, he too was an Afsharid Turkmen.

As you can see , I believe that at least 80 % of all Muslim military success in South Asia can be attributed to Turks.
In Indian context i agree as far as the "ruling" goes , Turks have had considerable more success :)

Ghaznavi becomes a sensitive topic amongst Indians only when some Pakistanis start celebrating his temple destruction spree in North India in the 11th century. Any self respecting Indian and/or Hindu would feel offended.
Let them , they in the end forget that the Bastard killed their and our ancestors alike :tsk:
He killed for the loot, not for the glory , not at all for the religion , not for the formation of a great state , nothing just loot , rape and plunder :tsk:

On a sidenote you are right nobody can out a 100percent claim on his ethnicity though I'd point out that the Ghor tribe is Pashtun to this day :)

Thanks for the knowledge about the Ghor tribe. Is there any reliable link for this ?

Also, how come the region of Ghor in Afghanistan today has mostly Tajik population and very little Pashtun ?

Thanks for the knowledge about the Ghor tribe. Is there any reliable link for this ?

Also, how come the region of Ghor in Afghanistan today has mostly Tajik population and very little Pashtun ?
Alot of the Pashtuns today In AFG speak Dari and at times are classified as Tajiks ( Hayatabad in Peshawar is filled with them :) )
The Sur tribe claims lineage from the Ghourids , Sur tribe is also referred to as the Ghor tribe and considerable number of them live in the Ghor mountains

Search the Suris , you'll find ample amount of backing , though as i said no one can claim it 100 percent

Alot of the Pashtuns today In AFG speak Dari and at times are classified as Tajiks ( Hayatabad in Peshawar is filled with them :) )
The Sur tribe claims lineage from the Ghourids , Sur tribe is also referred to as the Ghor tribe and considerable number of them live in the Ghor mountains

Search the Suris , you'll find ample amount of backing , though as i said no one can claim it 100 percent

Well Suris are Pashtuns that is settled.

Ghaznavi is a sensitive topic with Indians as i see it lol
Though I'l disagree with you here even though Ghaznavi has raided India he had never fully exposed India as we saw How well PRChauhan was able to defend India in the first battle of Tarain , the Rajputs were a strong force before that. Even he(ghouri) himself did not rule Delhi directly but now North India was a The go to Target for the invaders , it was rich and in a weak state meaning ripe for the taking.

On a sidenote you are right nobody can out a 100percent claim on his ethnicity though I'd point out that the Ghor tribe is Pashtun to this day :)

When Ghaznavi invaded India there was no strong empire to confront him and he had a cakewalk, when Ghori invaded by that time PR Chauhan had established a considerably strong kingdom .BTW in the Second Battle of Tarain Prithvi Raj did not have the services of his best general who played a key role in the 1st battle.

India was always well known for its armies. Indians are good fighters and far better than the araps who cannot even win a war against israel despite having numerical strength.
Then how come Arabia invaded India?

When Ghaznavi invaded India there was no strong empire to confront him and he had a cakewalk, when Ghori invaded by that time PR Chauhan had established a considerably strong kingdom .BTW in the Second Battle of Tarain Prithvi Raj did not have the services of his best general who played a key role in the 1st battle.
I know :agree:
Ghouri had learned from his mistake , this time he proceded much faster.
He knew if He gave Chauhan time to collect his entire forces the result would be same as the first battle of tarain

Porus was a king of areas that make up present day Pakistan his religion has no bearing on that in fact if his descendants are still alive and kicking they are probably Pakistanis today.
I have heard that Janjuas are related to or descendants of Porus and his clan.

What would a Made in Thailand Pukhtoon like yourself know about Pukhtoon History ? :p:

Son, I was there when it was being written ! :smokin:

Do you think Ahmed Shah Baba won all of those major battles due to the power of Naswar ? Hell no....he had me as his Counselor as did Sher Shah Suri & Mahmmud ! :D

But Ghauri & Humayun didn't listen to me ! :(

Arabs never has control of any territory within the current borders of india. Pakistanis on the other hand were indeed defeated by Arabs.
Pakistan existed 800 years ago?

Every country has it's time. The Arabs were a superpower until the Mongols came.

Then how come Arabia invaded India?
Arabs where defeated by a Rajput-Gurjar Pratihara alliance, this has been mentioned in the thread before.
Arabs where defeated even though they outnumbered the Rajputs 6 to 1.
Battle of Rajasthan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You need to do more historical research.

I have heard that Janjuas are related to or descendants of Porus and his clan.
Porus is believed to have been the ancestors of a certain group of Jatts, I forgot the name.

Arabs where defeated by a Rajput-Gurjar Pratihara alliance, this has been mentioned in the thread before.
Arabs where defeated even though they outnumbered the Rajputs 6 to 1.
Battle of Rajasthan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You need to do more historical research.

Porus is believed to have been the ancestors of a certain group of Jatts, I forgot the name.
Why are you just picking one battle? Other parts of India which fell didn't matter? It's like saying Germany won ww2 because they conquered Paris.

Why are you just picking one battle? Other parts of India which fell didn't matter? It's like saying Germany won ww2 because they conquered Paris.
You don't understand, this was the only battle where the Arabs attempted to control India and they lost. They never made it past Sindh.
If you think I am wrong then please provide a source about supposed "Arab rule in India"? lol

Back
Top Bottom