What's new

Seleucus Nicator's Invasion of India, c.306-303 BC

Brits I believe won more due their technology and their smarts rather than pure fighting skills.

Nah man tech is a different story just compare it to their fight against other Europeans then when tech was even and you will see they are great fighters.

What ?You dont know India and Indians.Sonia Gandhi is just an acting president .She came to this position even if she dont want because she is supported by powerful Congress politicians in India.They are the real king makers not Sonia Gandhi.
And these is my last off topic post .Stay on the topic.

LOL most Indians themselves say what I am saying or else I really don't know much about Indian politics.

Nah man tech is a different story just compare it to their fight against other Europeans then when tech was even and you will see they are great fighters.

LOL most Indians themselves say what I am saying or else I really don't know much about Indian politics.
Thats the main reason:D

yes they did...but i was referring to incidents before

u might wanna delete/edit your post...as i m from north as well. :P
and i m srry but i just refuse to believe india won the war against mughals. There were battles that india won against mughals..but overall war was lost. you can't deny that.

Where did I or anybody else mention that we won the war against the Mughals ? If we had won they wouldn't have ruled us for 200 years. But yes , we did bring down their empire- Marathas, Sikhs, Rajputs along with Afghans as well. By the time the British entered the scene in 1757 , the Mughals were already a spent force. Anyway, great respect to the Mughals as well, since they too became Indians after Babur.

Last edited:
Obviously Turkish and British invaders knew how to fight as well or else they would not have ruled over the areas that they did lol.

Brits especially largely won battle after battle against larger opponents (read Duke of Wellington versus Marathas).
Obviously lol. But Turkic Mughals during the middle to latter parts of their rule relied heavily on native generals and soldiers and the British had the cunning policy of divide and rule.
Pathans just slaughtered anyone who got in there way.

Obviously lol. But Turkic Mughals during the middle to latter parts of their rule relied heavily on native generals and soldiers and the British had the cunning policy of divide and rule.

Mughals relied on Rajput because it was more smart to allow them to be a part of the elite then to go attacking them in their deserts lol. It was a tactical decision and a good one too because once rajputs and their fortresses were on Mughal side they took over pretty much everything until Marathas came along.

dude NO!! lol
That's the stereotype image.

Even the Mongols were as crazy as they are made out to be( not denying their massacres) but was more to them then that.

That is not true Pathans made treaties when necessary just like anybody else.

Oh nai yaar Pathans themselves got slaughtered by Turks and later even by our Sikhs.

Also see what the Marathas did to the Rohilla Pathans.

According to me Turks>Afghans at least in the Indian context.

dude NO!! lol
That's the stereotype image.

Even the Mongols were as crazy as they are made out to be( not denying their massacres) but was more to them then that.
Sorry if I offended you, that's the image I get after reading up on them lol.
Might need to look up on them more.

Chalu let's change the topic , So what was your fav empire except your Native ones?

Mine was Roman Empire hands down.
Favourite Empire has to be the Nazi Empire lol jk. :lol:
Probably the Mongols with there ferocious cavalry.

Sorry if I offended you, that's the image I get after reading up on them lol.
Might need to look up on them more.
No offence mean its history lol , its the internet nothing should be taken seriously over here and besides i know you're cool :)

Back
Top Bottom