What's new

Sehwag crosses Sachin's 200 in ODI

some comments by greats of cricket
What They Said About: 'Sehwag, the king of entertainment' | The Short Stuff | Cricinfo Magazine | ESPN Cricinfo

Teams: India | West Indies
"I am very happy for Viru. It is even more satisfying that an Indian has broken my record." Sachin Tendulkar, the only other batsman to have hit an ODI double-ton to date . "Well I did watch some of that
innings by Viru...Brilliant striking!! Congrats on your 219...
That's child abuse! [As] The Mask would say, Smoking!"
West Indies batsman Chris Gayle on Twitter "I say it again! I never saw Sir Viv bat but I've seen Sehwag bat!
What a player, 219 in a one day game is next to impossible!" Sehwag's team-mate Yuvraj Singh on Twitter
"Wow, Test match tomorrow but am still up watching Virender Sehwag score,hopefully, 200.
Unreal, and he does [get the] highest ever. Well done mate." Australia's David Warner on Twitter
"When Viv Richards retired I thought it was end of entertainment. But then came Sehwag, the King of entertainment! Long live the King!!"
TV commentator and former
Pakistan captain Ramiz Raja on
Twitter
"Sehwag, the greatest
slaughterer of bowling since IVA
Richards."
Derek Pringle, cricket writer
with the Daily Telegraph and
former England player
© ESPN EMEA Ltd.

Really only Viv Richards can compared with this slaughter of Nagpur ( His degree after Sultan of Multan by me) :cheers:

If sachin is GOD, Sehwag is Rajnikanth...!!!

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

Sehwag statistics...

Test match highest score : 319
OneDayIntl highest score : 219
Twenty 20 highest score : 119

Sehwag has the highest individual scores for India in ALL versions of the game and he is not even God!

Congrats to Sehwag for your 2 ton's. Anyways you guys talking like Sachin will cry so n so, But remember one thing, Sachin will never respond to you for this kind of comments. He never argued or commented on any other. HE never show off him self.

:cheers:

The guy is a superb batsman.
I think people give Bradman too much credit.
He did his tons against fairly simple bowling.

He is special.

Unfair to compare with Sachin. Sachin is special in his own way and Sehwag is just devastating.

The guy is a superb batsman.
I think people give Bradman too much credit.
He did his tons against fairly simple bowling.

Different conditions really.
The bowling pitches, the rules, Bodyline the most famous of them.

But now times have changed, and the new ball rule, makes the ball harder, and much easier to come on the bat.

in today's cricket matches, anybody can reach 200, just need some luck with bat, the stuff saaed anwar did 12 years ago was that to recon with

Back
Top Bottom