What's new

Secret Israeli report on Temple Mount, buried by government, published in US

Falcon29

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Secret Israeli report on Temple Mount, buried by government, published in U.S. - Diplomacy and Defense Israel News | Haaretz

The American news website The Jewish Voice has published a translation of an Israeli State Comptroller's report on Israeli authorities' conduct regarding digs at Jerusalem's Temple Mount in 2007. In Israel, a gag order was placed on the report due to fears it would harm Israel's foreign relations and spark violent confrontations at the Temple Mount. News of the Jewish Voice report was first published in the Israeli weekend newspaper Sof Hashavua.

The State Comptroller composed the report in 2008, after it was ordered by the State Control Committee in the Knesset. The committee sought to examine the conduct of government authorities following the construction work carried out by the Waqf on the Temple Mount. The Waqf, the Muslim trust that is custodian of the Temple Mount, carried out the construction in order to repair a power line, which included the digging of a 1.5-meter-deep trench at the heart of the site.

The maintenance work was carried out despite the damage that was done to Temple Mount antiquities in 1999 when the Waqf did construction work to allow for a new opening for the mosque in Solomon's Stables.

Various bodies, including the Public Committee Against the Destruction of Antiquities on the Temple Mount, claimed that the authorities were negligent when it came to preserving the antiquities and overseeing the construction carried out by the Waqf. The report includes damning conclusions regarding government authorities such as the Jerusalem Municipality, Israel Police, the Israel Antiquities Authority, and the government's legal adviser. The government requested that the report will not be published, which brought about claims from the political right that the government is using excuses such as security in order to avoid embarrassment.

Last year, the sub-committee of the Knesset's State Control Committee held several discussions regarding the publication of the report. According to sources that were present in the discussions, the Shin Bet did not oppose the publication and rather the main opposition came from the Foreign Ministry, which feared damaging relations with Jordan, and from the Public Security Ministry, which feared the outbreak of violent confrontations on the Temple Mount. At the end of the discussions, it was decided to keep the report classified.

Shmuel Berkovitch, an expert on Jerusalem's holy places, was one of the people who contributed to the report. Berkovich reported to the State Comptroller on a long line of failures of supervision and the enforcement of Israeli sovereignty over the Temple Mount. Among the failures that were pointed out was that the special ministerial committee that needs to approve any construction work on the Temple Mount never met. Another failure was that the government's legal adviser never ordered to prosecute any of the Waqf officials or any other bodies responsible for construction violations and harming antiquities. "As far as I know, all the failures that I have mentioned, without exception, were confirmed by the State Comptroller," Berkovich said. "It can be understood why the authorities did not want this report published."

@ResurgentIran @DESERT FIGHTER @haman10 @Frogman @al-Hasani @Aeronaut @Armstrong @revolutionary mujahid @SALMAN AL-FARSI @Yzd Khalifa @Arabian Legend @JUBA @RescueRanger @Aamna14 @Jessica_L @Alpha1 @Islam shall be the winner @BLACK EAGLE

@KAL-EL

@BDforever @SOHEIL @Resurrection5782

Last edited:
@Wahhab2701 @Canaan

I'm tagging as much people as I can remember because this is a holy matter and for I will summarize what this means if people don't understand what this article is saying.

Basically someone is ordering these diggings but state government is not bringing it up for discussion and supervision remains secret and what is preserved or not remains secret. No one really knows what else they're trying to do under the Dome of the rock and it's basically paused but later new things begin to happen.

This is of course due to the Jewish claim that this mosque sits right on top of the ancient temple who many Jews believe will be rebuilt in the final days and that would basically require a demolition of one of the holiest mosques in Islam.

Last edited:
the authorities were negligent when it came to preserving the antiquities and overseeing the construction carried out by the Waqf.
Palestinian Waqf is destroying antiquities on Temple Mount and our gov doing nothing about it. Nothing new about it.

Palestinian Waqf is destroying antiquities on Temple Mount and our gov doing nothing about it. Nothing new about it.

What is being pushed here is that Israeli organizations want Israel to exercise sovereignty over a Islamic holy site and control what ever goes on there.

This is of course why the report feared damaging relations with Jordan.

Why not do something about it?When your nation doesn't defend.... What do you do? Next?The girl with the..:D

Last edited:
What is being pushed here is that Israeli organizations want Israel to exercise sovereignty over a Islamic holy site and control what ever goes on there.

remember they are chosen ppl, they are angels and they never can be wrong.

remember they are chosen ppl, they are angels and they never can be wrong.

That's why they don't see this as any wrong doing in their eyes...declaring sovereignty over a Islamic holy site.

And the world encourages them as well. They'll never be held accountable anymore for anything and it's only us who could change the equation.

Israel bans Sheikh Raed Salah from Al-Quds | Palestine | World Bulletin

Israeli authorities have banned the leader of the Islamic Movement in Israel, Raed Salah, from entering the occupied city of Al-Quds (Jerusalem) for six months, according to a statement released by the movement.

"Israeli police arrived this afternoon to the home of Sheikh Salah in Umm al-Fahm [in northern Israel] and presented his family with the administrative order," the statement said.

The order, the statement asserted, is part of "a conspiracy aimed at taking the sheikh away from the Al-Aqsa Mosque due to his exposure of the Israeli plots in Jerusalem."

Earlier this month, the Islamic movement warned against Israeli plans to permanently bar Salah from the holy city.

"There is tangible evidence that Israel plans to keep Sheikh Salah out of Jerusalem because his presence exposes Israeli plots against the Al-Aqsa Mosque," movement spokesman Zahi Njeidat told Anadolu Agency.

What is published here is that they want Israel to stop destruction of antiquities by Palestinian Waqf.

Why not do something about it?When your nation doesn't defend.... What do you do? Next?The girl with the..:D
Because if Israel does something to stop this destruction immediately all the world will jump and condemn + riots will be sparked.

Fine Waqf board for the damages to the antiquities, seems like a non issue...

What is published here is that they want Israel to stop destruction of antiquities by Palestinian Waqf.

Because if Israel does something to stop this destruction immediately all the world will jump and condemn + riots will be sparked.

I know the Jewish organizations are pushing this for that issue but it wasn't published because it's a sovereignty issue...

Israel is conducting diggings under their decisions and approval at a place they shouldn't be. Even if you jews justify it over and over again through a false premise.

What i understand is 2 things

1. Construction work of Islamic trust damaged the antiquities of dom

2. Israeli officials think that they should enforce their control over temple.

Actually point 1 is surprising for me than 2

What i understand is 2 things

1. Construction work of Islamic trust damaged the antiquities of dom

2. Israeli officials think that they should enforce their control over temple.

Actually point 1 is surprising for me than 2

I'm not sure which antiques they are speaking of....

But point 2 is where I'm trying to get to...but the temple doesn't exist, it's an Islamic holy site. Temple is long gone and it's location is disputed.

Back
Top Bottom