What's new

SDT Defence's data link will take part in the serial production of South Korea's 5th generation fighter jet, the KF-21.

dBSPL

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Turkish technology company SDT's place in the 5th generation aircraft is getting stronger.

SDT Space and Defense Technologies Inc., which provided the simulation data link system to South Korea's KF-21 aircraft during the prototype phase, will continue to contribute to the project during the mass production process.

2022%2FAralik%2F20221206_2_56299057_83515449.jpg

Ömer Korkut, General Manager of SDT Space and Defence Technologies Inc., stated that they have realized one of their most important exports to Asia with the in-arm simulation data link system for South Korea's 5th generation fighter jet, which is called KF-21, and that they have so far delivered 19 air units at the prototype project level together with the ground station.

Stating that they have recently received another ground station order and will deliver it in April 2023, Korkut said:

"We are acting as the subcontractor of LIG Nex1 in the project. It has been finalized that our data link will fly on airplanes in the mass production project. This is very new news. Therefore, we are expecting orders for 40 plus 80, a total of 120 more of these data links as of 2024. Our bidding activities on this subject are also continuing. It is important for us to be able to provide a technology-developing country like South Korea with a subsystem for the 5th generation combat aircraft. Therefore, we have achieved such an export success, and we will continue to work on positioning similar products on different platforms."

5c7cad0f72700.jpg

Ömer Korkut stated that they also announced a project they signed in March at the IDEAS Fair in Pakistan.

In this context, Korkut pointed out that they achieved a good export success in order to integrate the ammunition training pod (ACMI) into both the F-16s and JF-17s of the Pakistan Air Force, and added:

"We signed the project in March, and it entered into force in June. Our calendar is on track, and a critical design review and project review meeting will be held in Ankara in the near future. Everything is going well. Previously, we signed the same serial production contract for our Air Force, and it was a good development to sign two contracts back to back this year. There is a US and an Israeli company making the ACMI pod with similar features, but these products are positioned on NATO aircraft. "

"We have realized a first in Pakistan and signed a contract to integrate this pod into an aircraft other than a NATO aircraft. As you know, the JF-17 is a joint Pakistan-China aircraft, and we intend to integrate our pod into aircraft produced by other countries. We are continuing our business development activities in this regard. We hope that we can give you the good news of new projects in 2023."

by Göksel Yıldırım https://twitter.com/gooksel

It is not only making a fighter, but critical sub systems is important to. Turkey will after US second country making all the systems inland because of ambargo. What will make us stronger...

Me thinks, Aselpod pod will feature on J10 too. Along with the ACMI pod.
May be but honestly look difficult as it will required permission from China & there is no report about the possiblity of customization related to J-10 in PAF.

I think we have bought J-10 with all chinese systems.

May be but honestly look difficult as it will required permission from China & there is no report about the possiblity of customization related to J-10 in PAF.

I think we have bought J-10 with all chinese systems.
Historically PAF has modified all Chinese Jets, if J10 has similar architecture Bus like JF17 then I would wager that it won't be difficult to mod-con J10.

Historically PAF has modified all Chinese Jets, if J10 has similar architecture Bus like JF17 then I would wager that it won't be difficult to mod-con J10.
actually integration of aselpod to J10 is not only up to China, Also Turkiye has to give permition because China can stole Aselpod's technology. So time will show it is possible or not.

Can a datalink pod be used as an intermediary, allowing a fighter to fire a munition know to the pod but not the aircraft?

For example, can a datalink pod, integrated into an F-16, allow the aircraft to indirectly guide a missile not integrated into the fighter itself?

In the case of the JF-17, could a Turkish pod allow it to fire a Turkish missile without revealing the source code to the fighter’s systems and without the fighter revealing its radar algorithms and waveforms?

Can a datalink pod be used as an intermediary, allowing a fighter to fire a munition know to the pod but not the aircraft?

For example, can a datalink pod, integrated into an F-16, allow the aircraft to indirectly guide a missile not integrated into the fighter itself?

In the case of the JF-17, could a Turkish pod allow it to fire a Turkish missile without revealing the source code to the fighter’s systems and without the fighter revealing its radar algorithms and waveforms?

you mean another fighter or drone guiding the missile to the enemy?

yes, as an example when we started peace spring operation against assad. Our F-16 did showdown a syrian fighter from Turkish arspace with data-link. Our AWACS E7-sentry was guiding the Amraam C7 missile and this was the longest BVR kill of Amraam. If i remember correct 50km.

yes, as an example when we started peace spring operation against assad. Our F-16 did showdown a syrian fighter from Turkish arspace with data-link. Our AWACS E7-sentry was guiding the Amraam C7 missile and this was the longest BVR kill of Amraam. If i remember correct 50km.

That’s one way, but what I meant was the fighter’s radar data being shared with the pod and the pod guiding the missile. With only the pod integrated into the fighter, weapons integrated into the pod would allow the fighter to carry munitions from different suppliers as long as the pod can be integrated into the fighter.

Getting around having to integrate into the fighter directly.

That’s one way, but what I meant was the fighter’s radar data being shared with the pod and the pod guiding the missile. With only the pod integrated into the fighter, weapons integrated into the pod would allow the fighter to carry munitions from different suppliers as long as the pod can be integrated into the fighter.

Getting around having to integrate into the fighter directly.

Data link works like sms text, you have 1 way and 2 wat data-link. Modern tactical data link can work like live data stream, with standoff ranges. Data link provide you the situation of your enemy, wher is it how far is it. It is hard to be jammed and interceping.

yes I remember this one although AMRAAM AIM-120 has a range of 87nm or 140km, a F15C tested it a few years ago on a target drone
Screen Shot 2022-12-08 at 22.09.52.png

Data link works like sms text, you have 1 way and 2 wat data-link. Modern tactical data link can work like live data stream, with standoff ranges. Data link provide you the situation of your enemy, wher is it how far is it. It is hard to be jammed and interceping.
So in that case, a Turkish pod could be put on a PAF f-16, allowing it to relay radar data to the most advanced Turkish missile known to the pod?

So in that case, a Turkish pod could be put on a PAF f-16, allowing it to relay radar data to the most advanced Turkish missile known to the pod?

it is not a pod, it is like mission computer. You can not change a F16 without permission of americans. If it is old fighter like our block 30 and 40.

Back
Top Bottom