What's new

Saudia reportedly refuses Israeli passport holders to purchase tickets

500, can I ask you what your Jewish background is? Just out of interest. Also how many Jews understand Arabic or acquire it? I know that Arabic and Hebrew are both Semitic languages and quite similar. I myself even grasp quite a lot of Hebrew but I also have an interest in Semitic languages.

Do Arabs accept their Semitic-ness? It's always the Israeli's who appear to be proud of their heritage. Do you think Israeli's have more in common with Arabs than Iranians or Bengali's?

Do Arabs accept their Semitic-ness? It's always the Israeli's who appear to be proud of their heritage. Do you think Israeli's have more in common with Arabs than Iranians or Bengali's?

Well, depends on how big an interest they have in their past or history before Islam. But yes, we know that we are Semitic people. Well, Arabs are extremely proud people. I don't actually know a more proud people to be honest. But you were probably referring to whether they are proud of their Semitic past? Well, I kind of answered that in my first sentence in this post.

LOL, my friend Jews are fellow Semitic people who have lived next to Arabs/Semitic for their entire history, who speak a Semitic language, who have Semitic customs etc. Besides nearly 33% of all Jews worldwide have ancestry from Arab lands - Mizrahi Jews. Jews don't really have anything in common with Bangladesh. Iran too aside from there being a Jewish diaspora. Not even neighbors or fellow Semitic people to begin with.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mizrahi_Jews

Anyway Arabs and Jews share much in common more than most would like to admit (both parties) and we have largely lived peacefully for thousands of years but the recent Palestine-Israel conflict have made relations difficult.

But despite that then 25% of all Israelis are Arabs and Muslims so they can coexist somehow.

I myself and most Arabs if they look past the word Zionist and the actions of Israel since its creation would also agree with me when I say that we share more in common with a regular Jew then let's say a regular Swede.

Personally I don't have anything against the regular Jew and Jews are also considered People of the Book. Even our Prophet Muhammad (saws) had dealings with Jews so why should we not?

Besides those are some links that might interest you:

History of the Jews in Saudi Arabia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

History of the Jews in the Arabian Peninsula - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yemenite Jews - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nonsense. They dont have any Jordanian or Lebanese documents.

Palestenians resident in Saudi Arabia mostly have Jordanian documents,
some have Saudi residence permits NOT citizenship.
some few have Lebanese documents.

I know, I live here and am friend with all three types listed above.

What form of discrimination? With a Pakistani passport we are not allowed into Israel....not even transit ....IF you want to talk about discrimination talk from both sides!

And it is not just Pakistani passport BUT passport holder of any county which has declared Islam as a state religion ....

Btw they dont bring discrimination into the question When most of the time people with pakistani psssport or brown people are selected for random search :what:

What form of discrimination? With a Pakistani passport we are not allowed into Israel....not even transit ....IF you want to talk about discrimination talk from both sides!

And it is not just Pakistani passport BUT passport holder of any county which has declared Islam as a state religion ....

That's not true at all. They don't let pakistanis in because your country does not even recognize it. Meanwhile for the countries that do, citizens have the privilege of visiting Israel. Especially nations like Jordan

Do Saudi airlines have flights that neither of the stops are in KSA?
I am not sure how international agreements on the subject go, but personally it seems logical for them not to carry those who only have Israeli passport to KSA.

No, all route stops are between KSA and other country. Which means that Saudia can only land in KSA, and its destinations...

Honestly, @al-Hasani is the first Arab guy I have ever seen, seems to be interested in Semitism, I find it weird actually.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, @al-Hasani is the first Arab guy I have ever seen, seems to be interested in Semitism, I find it weird actually.

Well, actually that is not quite strange knowing the history of our Arab world or region. Many Arabs I have encountered have that interest and are conscious about it.

My interest is not more than a historical and linguistic one though. Especially the later since I find languages interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Palestenians resident in Saudi Arabia mostly have Jordanian documents,
some have Saudi residence permits NOT citizenship.
some few have Lebanese documents.

I know, I live here and am friend with all three types listed above.
We talked about the Israeli Arabs, who have Israeli citizenship.

500, can I ask you what your Jewish background is? Just out of interest.
Dad is European mom Bukhara.

Also how many Jews understand Arabic or acquire it? I know that Arabic and Hebrew are both Semitic languages and quite similar. I myself even grasp quite a lot of Hebrew but I also have an interest in Semitic languages.
Not much unfortunately, although almost everyone knows Arabic words and phrases.

Back
Top Bottom