What's new

Saudi to turn to India, Sri Lanka for housemaids

I don't see anything wrong with being a housemaid. In fact, Indian housemaids had been a bliss to many Saudi families. They look after their children, cook, and take care of the house. Additionally, The crime rate of the Indian community in KSA is almost a zero, which is the reason why many Indians feel comfortable living in KSA.

I guess such prediction is yet remain to be seen, but I don't think you should be the one to judge a whole broad base of human beings by an act of individuals. Thanks for the attitude though.

Let us talk about illegal immigration. Non-Arab and Arab. That is the main problem here as I see it. Taking jobs from the nationals and migrant workers. Often living under worse conditions. Marrying each other and getting PLENTY of children here. What will happen with them? There are cases that date back all the way to the 1970's. Of illegal couples marrying, settling etc. Nothing can be done about them now. We can't just deport them or their grand-children.

The control should be more harsh IMO. More transparent rules as well. For the better of all groups. Some of the laws really need a change. Here I said it.

What do you think Khalifa? Surely we must share a lot of views on this field?

Saudi Gazette and Arab News are frequently writing about the problems and positives of this. Both illegal and non-illegal.

There also need to be a mentality change among some people. They can't all expect to become engineers, lawyers, entrepreneurs etc.

Due to the welfare state people have gotten too comfortable. At least many have. If there is work people should take it rather than collecting welfare. Even if it is looked down upon by some idiots.

No work is bad. Nearly. Well aside from crime, prostitution and all that.

At the same time the migrants are DEPENDENT on our pay. If we deport them etc. people will cry about that.

This debate is talked about all over the world. In the USA about the Latin Americans (Mexicans mainly) and in Europe about migrant workers from the whole world AND from within Europe (East Europe mainly)

I think that we should continue to be a refugee for Muslims across the world a few changes just need to happen, mentality change somewhat and more jobs must be created (for locals mainly) which is a work in process.

UAE and Qatar can "afford" foreigners doing everything for them because they are a minority in their own countries which are small anyway. We cannot. Their model cannot work on the long run either.

:laughcry:

I am sure that you are well-versed in Saudi Arabian comedies by now, LOL.:lol:

Or have been invaded by small girls listening to Lebanese singers. I have a few sisters, nephews other relatives and I tell you that songs like this have been on a repeat in one stage of my life or another.

Nancy Ajram - Aah W Noss - YouTube

No comment to the video.:no:

This had made me a very tolerant man when it comes to noises.

i loved nancy ellisa fullah lora khalil since many many years .:rolleyes:

@kalu_miah

Bro, one of the most basic human qualities is gratitude and loyalty. Some of our countrymen specially in the elite class are not known for this. It is no wonder that we still remain poor and underdeveloped and even more so than other South Asian neighbors.

As a Saudi national, we don't expect people to hail us and praise all day nor do we appreciate people blaming us for everything bad they'd gone through over the course of their entire life.

And please allow me to reiterate what I have been saying over and over again that I blame no one for the misery the poor Bengalis had gone through than their own corrupted Gov't.

I think this guy himself admitted that one of his cousins became rich in Saudi Arabia, yet you see this behavior. And he calls me that I have attitude like maid. Well if he cared about his own family interest and his countrymen's interest, he would not behave the way he is doing.

Some of the info the guy represented were utterly false, and consist of lies :D

1- We don't issue visas for housemaid from the BD, yet he lied about it :lol:

2- We never discussed such arrangements with the Gov't of the BD at all, yet he lied about it :lol:

3- The BD Gov't never turned down any proposal KSA had made in light of this issue, yet he lied about it.

Anyway, we now have fully exposed his lies, I hope he will learn from his mistakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bro, one of the most basic human qualities is gratitude and loyalty. Some of our countrymen specially in the elite class are not known for this. It is no wonder that we still remain poor and underdeveloped and even more so than other South Asian neighbors.

I think this guy himself admitted that one of his cousins became rich in Saudi Arabia, yet you see this behavior. And he calls me that I have attitude like maid. Well if he cared about his own family interest and his countrymen's interest, he would not behave the way he is doing.

Some Pakistani's may bring Bangladesh in the discussion and portray us negatively using some actual facts, but we have to be very diplomatic with Pakistani's considering our shared past, and we cannot avoid the fact that Pakistan is the 2nd largest Muslim country and Bangladesh is the 3rd largest, so we must find ways to improve our relationship. But these Awami types have always used anti-Pakistan rhetoric to score political points, from even before 1971, so they can get India's help and remain in power in Bangladesh and destroy the future of our country.

we didn't bring bangladesh here he himself bting it in post#9 sir . there was no BD in thread till he posted this post:disagree:

Saudi delegation visited few times regarding BD housemaids.
Those were the conditions that were put forward to the delegation by BD authorities.

1) Weekly holiday.
2) Mobile phone access - Right to keep mobile phone.
3) Consular access to the maid 24/7.
4) Job contract.
5) Minimum pay.

Seems like Saudi employers were not interested to meet the condition. But they want maid.

Thanks

@kalu_miah

As a Saudi national, we don't expect people to hail us and praise all day nor do we appreciate people blaming us for everything bad they'd gone through over the course of their entire life.

And please allow me to reiterate what I have been saying over and over again that I blame no one for the misery the poor Bengalis had gone through than their own corrupted Gov't.

2- We never discussed such arrangements with the Gov't of the BD at all, yet he lied about it :lol:

3- The BD Gov't never turned down any proposal KSA had made in light of this issue, yet he lied about it.

Anyway, we now have fully exposed his lies, I hope he will learn from his mistakes.

Awami types are known for their lies and treachery. Thanks for exposing him. But one thing we have learned is that these Awami types never learn from their mistakes. If they loose power in 2014, I think people of our country will do something to them, I am hoping, so they either escape to India or the West with their ill gotten money and never return.

we didn't bring bangladesh here he himself bting it in post#9 sir . there was no BD in thread till he posted this post:disagree:

Yes, I saw that, you are right, he did bring up Bangladesh first. Our Awami types think Bangladesh is their personal property and its the center of the whole universe. Khan Bhai, don't mind too much about these guys.

You mentioned you are manager for 85 Bangladeshi's, how is your experience with them?

عمرنا ما فتحنا استقدام عاملات من بنغلاديش :lol:
ليش الناس تكذب؟

Just for reference, the Arabic text above is similar to what's been said to @kalu_miah

Awami types are known for their lies and treachery. Thanks for exposing him. But one thing we have learned is that these Awami types never learn from their mistakes. If they loose power in 2014, I think people of our country will do something to them, I am hoping, so they either escape to India or the West with their ill gotten money and never return.

Yes, I saw that, you are right, he did bring up Bangladesh first. Our Awami types think Bangladesh is their personal property and its the center of the whole universe. Khan Bhai, don't mind too much about these guys.

You mentioned you are manager for 85 Bangladeshi's, how is your experience with them?

i worked with them 7 years and lived many years . they are humans like any others . some are good some are rude some hard workers some lazy . 99% of them from middle and lower class with me.there is nothing special yaar . some are cool some highly emotional . can't say all of them in one line every human has own personality and way of life thoughts .we have nepali Philippines indians also still i am alone pakistani in management and all of them feel better talk to me rather then someone else

عمرنا ما فتحنا استقدام عاملات من بنغلاديش :lol:
ليش الناس تكذب؟

Just for reference, the Arabic text above is similar to what's been said to @kalu_miah

اعتقد هناك مشاكل ثقافي و اجتماعي ايضا . عامله المنزليه ليست فقط عامله بل فرد من افراد العائله . افضل شئي خدامه العربيه لعرب

i worked with them 7 years and lived many years . they are humans like any others . some are good some are rude some hard workers some lazy . 99% of them from middle and lower class with me.there is nothing special yaar . some are cool some highly emotional . can't say all of them in one line every human has own personality and way of life thoughts

Thanks for sharing. I guess they are a mixture of good and bad like most people and nations.

Thanks for sharing. I guess they are a mixture of good and bad like most people and nations.

yes now its come cool down too . TBH before 2007 too much bad guys which were bad in BD got visa and make mess here but after ban and clean the mass now its not like before . recently saudi clean up operation is on the way so system is getting better . we must admit when guys commit a crime in s.asia they run to gulf get visa in 3 days get ticket in a week and fly . that was mess bro . but companies now go interview and bring guys . still we have problems liek fights work schedule problems thefts within companies but not that much . everything is moving smooth most of the time

There is no question of issuing visas for BD maids as BD govt only allows maids in Jordan UAE and Lebanon in middle east who signed agreement with us. Saudi govt did not concur with the condition that BD government put forward.

You are truthful here

You certainly discussed not only once but few times with us.
MAIDS OF CHOICE | Filipino HSWs still top choice, but guess who's out to topple PH from #1 spot? - InterAksyon.com
Bangla minister totake up labor issues | Arab News

You lied here

Why should BD government turn down a business offer? Its just not in our own interest to send female workers without enough safeguard in place when all other countries are taking their people back from KSA due to mistreatment.

You lied here too.

I don't see anything wrong with being a housemaid. In fact, Indian housemaids had been a bliss to many Saudi families. They look after their children, cook, and take care of the house. Additionally, The crime rate of the Indian community in KSA is almost a zero, which is the reason why many Indians feel comfortable living in KSA.

Agree.

I am sure the Saudis maids and servants will do a great job as well when they get the opportunity which is likely not far off.

I guess such prediction is yet remain to be seen, but I don't think you should be the one to judge a whole broad base of human beings by an act of individuals. Thanks for the attitude though.

I agree. I am not judging the whole but yes, one does feel anger when one sees reports of abuse of vulnerable poor people anywhere.

Regarding the "prediction", well there are Arab states with oil and there are those without.

One doesn't have to be a genius to make such predictions and there is no malice involved.

Two names come to my mind right now: ks and tshering22. But there are others. One may miss it altogether because their advocacy is quite cool-headed unlike the rants of bollywood watching e-mollahs that we have on this forum.

To be frank they never advocated any such.. They are Hindu nationalists and wanted to curb all the anti national elements.. They never said about killing all the mulims and minorities..Yes, there are worse people in this forum who wanted worse things..

To be frank they never advocated any such.. They are Hindu nationalists and wanted to curb all the anti national elements.. They never said about killing all the mulims and minorities..Yes, there are worse people in this forum who wanted worse things..

+tshering22 is buddhist.

But you could always depend on mritunjay and sankranti for such anecdotes.

Did you read all of their posts?

@Vinod2070
Regarding the "prediction", well there are Arab states with oil and there are those without.
One doesn't have to be a genius to make such predictions and there is no malice involved.

:lol: I'm afraid you will have to wait for centuries.

Agree.
I am sure the Saudis maids and servants will do a great job as well when they get the opportunity which is likely not far off.

Actually, there are Saudis maids and servants already.

I agree. I am not judging the whole but yes, one does feel anger when one sees reports of abuse of vulnerable poor people anywhere.

Bro .. my job is related to the law enforcement bro, if such thing took place, we will get her/his own back.
Saudi women jailed for mistreating her maid.

Two men arrested for sexually assaulting a maid.

:yay: Dammam police helps a maid getting her rights.

Back
Top Bottom