What's new

Saudi riot police fire live rounds on Shiite protesters in Qatif

Serpentine

INT'L MOD
Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Several demonstrators have been wounded in Saudi Arabia’s eastern district of Qatif after security forces opened fire on protesters.
Officers fired live rounds at demonstrators, who carried posters of detained protesters who were injured and arrested earlier this month.
Spokesmen for the Saudi Interior Ministry said several people were burning tires during the protests, and several arrests were made.
Among those arrested today was Mohammed al-Shakhuri, who is on a list of the country’s 23 most-wanted people, Al-Manar News reported.
Witnesses said Shakhuri was taken to a military hospital with bullet wounds in his back and neck.
“There were no casualties,” the Interior Ministry said in a statement.
Clashes between police and protesters have increased in recent days, following the deaths of two protesters earlier this month.
Protests began in Saudi Arabia last March, when a Shia uprising in neighbouring Bahrain was crushed by Gulf troops, led by Saudi Arabia.
Demonstrations escalated earlier this month, after a prominent Shia cleric was arrested for being what the interior ministry deemed an “instigator of sedition.”
His detainment has been the source of widespread demonstrations demanding an end to sectarian discrimination in the region.
Shia Muslims have long complained of marginalization at the hand of Saudi Arabia’s Sunni ruling family.

Saudi riot police fire live rounds on Shiite protesters in Qatif - reports (VIDEO, PHOTOS) — RT

I am in dilemma both Saudi Arabia and Iran are friend.

Now, I will leave this thread as I don't have full information to comment on it.

Well, I think the solution is simple.

The governments around the world need to act and stop this vile dictatorship abusing its people. All support, politically, financially and militarily is needed for the opposition. An urgent UN meeting is required with a possible no fly zone enforced effective immediately.

Activists have already reported deaths and locals have started to arm themselves against a regime where human rights doesn't exist. Acts like these are a clear indication that this regime is on its last feet and is now resorting violence and imitation to suppress the people. World needs to unite and condemn such heinous acts and show the world support this popular uprisings.

Best of luck for the Free Saudi Army and Saudi National council, :whistle:

The governments around the world need to act and stop this vile dictatorship abusing its people. All support, politically, financially and militarily is needed for the opposition. An urgent UN meeting is required with a possible no fly zone enforced effective immediately.

Activists have already reported deaths and locals have started to arm themselves against a regime where human rights doesn't exist. Acts like these are a clear indication that this regime is on its last feet and is now resorting violence and imitation to suppress the people. World needs to unite and condemn such heinous acts and show the world support this popular uprisings.

Never gonna happen, US and Sausi cover up for each other always

I see you supporting Assad and standing against dictatorships.what a hypocrisy.:disagree:

@topic: saudi arabia has a national dialogue center to serve the citizens N not like many other countries where people get suppressed and neglected by their governments. Shias in saudi arabia enjoy as much as sunnis very high quality of life and not treated as a third class citizens as the article climes. this is basically call ''a disturbing of peace'' and will not be allowed.
1343431509301.gif

i think the OP should worry about sunnis in iran and atleast give them the right to have their own mosque....

I see you supporting Assad and standing against dictatorships.what a hypocrisy.:disagree:

@topic: saudi arabia has a national dialogue center to serve the citizens N not like many other countries where people get suppressed and neglected by their governments. Shias in saudi arabia enjoy as much as sunnis very high quality of life and not treated as a third class citizens as the article climes. this is basically call ''a disturbing of peace'' and will not be allowed.
1343431509301.gif
People don't seek trouble without any cause.When they see their right are neglected,they want to protest it.
Of course there is something wrong in there,right?
One other possibility:They are all paid by Iran to come in to streets.That's another guess:)

The area in question is so badly infested with thugs and criminals one cannot drive there safely at night..no wonder.

The area in question is so badly infested with thugs and criminals one cannot drive there safely at night..no wonder.
That's what all dictatorships say.They call their people who claim their rights, criminals or thugs or murderers.

When the rich rob the poor,it's called business,when the poor protest,it's called violence.

I know many 'Shia' Muslim friends here in Riyadh who are living a high-standard and luxurious life.

The Qatif area is a Shia dominant and they wish to take governmental control over the region which is not acceptable by Saudi authorities resulting in anti-government riots. Last year's riots were at fury which resulted in the protesters acquiring assault rifles and petrol bombs which were targeted at riot-police and their APCs. According to rumours, the Pakistani SSG team stationed in KSA was called in due to the level of protests.

If Iran is empathic to these protesters who wish to gain control of region, accept them in your lands.

People don't seek trouble without any cause.When they see their right are neglected,they want to protest it.
Of course there is something wrong in there,right?
One other possibility:They are all paid by Iran to come in to streets.That's another guess:)

could you please tell us a little bit about their demands or rights you keep saying.

could you please tell us a little bit about their demands or rights you keep saying.
As I've read on internet and saw in media outlet,those who live in eastern parts of the country,can not get government jobs or any other official jobs.well if that's true,it's a hell of a pain.
Please be honest and answer:Are you sure the Shias who live in eastern parts,have all the rights other Saudis have?Have you ever traveled there?Meet those people?

If Iran is empathic to these protesters who wish to gain control of region, accept them in your lands.
With all respect,that was the most stupid idea one could say.So if someone demands his rights or protests,government should throw him out of country?Is that your logic?
They have declared dozens of times that they don't seek any independence and they are not even trying to overthrow the regime.They just want some of their rights that it seems is neglected by authorities.

I know many 'Shia' Muslim friends here in Riyadh who are living a high-standard and luxurious life.

The Qatif area is a Shia dominant and they wish to take governmental control over the region which is not acceptable by Saudi authorities resulting in anti-government riots. Last year's riots were at fury which resulted in the protesters acquiring assault rifles and petrol bombs which were targeted at riot-police and their APCs. According to rumours, the Pakistani SSG team stationed in KSA was called in due to the level of protests.

Yes contrary to popular belief shia in gulf country are even more rich than sunni, and have high governmental post, in iran even a sunni mosque is not allowed to be built in tehran.
Saudi arabia, the wahabite state is full of husseyniate, it tells you the degree of sectarisation and confessionalism in iran by these extremist mullah

That's what all dictatorships say.They call their people who claim their rights, criminals or thugs or murderers.

When the rich rob the poor,it's called business,when the poor protest,it's called violence.
Coming from the same who defend the syrianr regime, :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom