What's new

Saudi Foreign Minister Arrives In Islamabad

I agree, we are usually looked down upon in a bilateral exchange, more in Saudia than Iran but only marginally however let's not forget that despite all that, Pakistan remains a key neutral state in the Muslim World. We are not committed to either bloc and thus represent a unique partner for either country to serve as a conduit or medium in deescalating tensions.

Saudi Arabia has always came for Pakistan's help. The supplies of 2 billions dollars worth of crude oil free for a period of 5 years following the nuclear detonation is just one example.

On the other hand let alone small but significant boarder irritants. Iran, bowing to the pressure turned in vital nuclear information to UN inspectors which brought disgrace to Dr AQ Khan and consequently Pakistan. Even in Afghanistan prior they were supporting Northern Alliance. Indians have always remained their preferred friends.

But this doesn't mean at all that Pakistan should annoy its neighbor and 100% side with Saudi Arabia.

Wisdom is that should draw a line according to our own interest.

The snake is in town. Better be careful

Saudi Arabia has always came for Pakistan's help. The supplies of 2 billions dollars worth of crude oil free for a period of 5 years following the nuclear detonation is just one example.

On the other hand let alone small but significant boarder irritants. Iran, bowing to the pressure turned in vital nuclear information to UN inspectors which brought disgrace to Dr AQ Khan and consequently Pakistan. Even in Afghanistan prior they were supporting Northern Alliance. Indians have always remained their preferred friends.

But this doesn't mean at all that Pakistan should annoy its neighbor and 100% side with Saudi Arabia.

Wisdom is that should draw a line according to our own interest.

No doubt. The Saudis have stood firm in time of need. They have always supported Pakistan. We owe them big time. Pakistan will always support Saudi Arabia. No doubt about that.

Having said that, Pakistan should remain neutral and mediate in this instance. It would be foolish to take one side when we clearly know that both are at fault and doing all this for more power and dominance in the ME region.

No doubt. The Saudis have stood firm in time of need. They have always supported Pakistan. We owe them big time. Pakistan will always support Saudi Arabia. No doubt about that.

Having said that, Pakistan should remain neutral and mediate in this instance. It would be foolish to take one side when we clearly know that both are at fault and doing all this for more power and dominance in the ME region.

Keeping good relations with neighbours is the best course but, Iranians are not a die friends of Pakistan.

As a country Pakistan might loose its support in Middle East especially when vast majority of Muslim states are siding with Saudi Arabia.

There has got to be a delicate balance aimed at defusing the crisis
H

Bbbh , but with a little bit tilt towards Saudi Arabia.

Keeping good relations with neighbours is the best course but, Iranians are not a die friends of Pakistan.

As a country Pakistan might loose its support in Middle East especially when vast majority of Muslim states are siding with Saudi Arabia.

There has got to be a delicate balance aimed at defusing the crisis
H

Bbbh , but with a little bit tilt towards Saudi Arabia.

I agree. Pakistan Iran relations are neutral at best. That's how we should really keep it.

Pakistan has excellent relations with the Saudis on the other hand. We cannot afford to harm this relationship.

The best way for Pakistan is to mediate between both parties.

I guess there will be troop deployment in kingdom very near future .i don't think they need pak help in Syria or Yemen a little bit may be .mostly it's to do inside kingdom how many in numbers not known .its good opportunities for pak should go ahead .one thing is sure there won't be any war between saudia and Iran .

I agree. Pakistan Iran relations are neutral at best. That's how we should really keep it.

Pakistan has excellent relations with the Saudis on the other hand. We cannot afford to harm this relationship.

The best way for Pakistan is to mediate between both parties.

This is you view and surly this won't be good enough for Saudi Arabia.

pak media not reporting the protests by the pak marginalized community against this visit.

PressTV-Pakistanis protest Saudi FM visit
For your information when the Saudi cleric was executed for his alleged role against his own country, a sectarian group staged protest in Pakistan against this execution which was largely shown by every news channel/Pak MEDIA to bed exactly for your information.

NOW if you are not aware then let me inform you that after some news channels in Pakistan tried to make it a sectarian issue then the country's media regulatory authority called PEMRA decided to take action if any media outlet tried to portray it as a sectarian issue that could lead to hatred among Muslim communities.

and there is no margnalized community. The sectarian community you are trying to make margnalized has top posts in Pakistan.

It is Saudi-Iranian tussle we have nothing to do with it

NOW if you are not aware then let me inform you that after some news channels in Pakistan tried to make it a sectarian issue then the country's media regulatory authority called PEMRA decided to take action if any media outlet tried to portray it as a sectarian issue that could lead to hatred among Muslim communities.

That's very good step specially when we have Pakistanis who are loyal to Iran or KSA than Pakistan and will not let any chance to burn their own country for their gods sitting in Riyadh or Tehran.

PAK will side with KSA in any sort of conflict .

who cares. It is not a secret and everyone knows it well.

China also knows and understand it well.

Protests in PAKISTAN on Saudi Foreign Minister visit.

Pakistan should adopt ZIA'S approach in this tussle, which he had adopted during Iran-Iraq war wherein he presented and acted upon a policy on behalf of Pakistan that was very neutral in nature. We had worked out negotiations with both the nations at that time. So now it is time Pakistan should form a committee who's members should visit both Iran and Saudia and try to calm down things.

This is NOT a sectarian issue and hence anyone trying to portray it both in terms of stupid illogical protests or airing uncalled for one-sided propaganda should be dealt with strictly.

and which of our learned politicians do you believe is capable of growing Gen Zia's balls ?

Back
Top Bottom