What's new

Saudi Arabia's missile base 'with launch pads aimed at Israel and Iran'

Actually, Israel have three systems for intercepting missiles, short, medium and long anti missile systems. Iran dome has proved it's effectiveness.

No, Iron Dome is designed to intercept the subsonic rockets, it can't intercept an hypersonic ballistic missile.

What's the difference between guided and unguided missiles when it comes to intercepting them? BTW, intercepting short-range missiles like Grad seemed impossible a couple of years ago.

Speed, Guidance, Trajectory !

Israel's doctrine of preemptive strike, anything that even has a remote chance of being a threat will be dealt with force because Uncle Sam is paying for all costs incurred and in case things get hot uncle will look after it.

from KSA's perspective there are only two natural enemies, Iran & Israel so it makes sense to have such missiles aimed at these countries. everyday is a school day, I was of the view that missiles are also one of the the items of the banned list like the submarines that KSA is not allowed to have for the sake of Uncle Sam's peaceful sleep

Yes but even Israel is not paranoid enough to attack KSA & have a bull's eye painted on it by every Muslim Extremist that ever lived ! For better or for worse people still associate some kind of 'Holiness' with KSA, as if our Prophet (PBUH) was a Saudi Arabian ! :lol:

Conversely this is true for Iran when it comes to the other sect - We're messed up aren't we ? :disagree:

At any rate I don't think that KSA posses things - the West wouldn't give them, neither would the Chinese & with the sh*t storm that would be brought on us - We wouldn't give them either ! Nor can they, yet, manufacture their own - So I can't see where they got these Ballistic Missiles from ?

You are here talking about an anti missile system for short-range missiles, only.

In order to gain the capability to intercept the DF-3A missiles, Israel has to buy the SM-3IA/B missile from USA and to obtain their system backup.

600px-Missile_Defense_Interceptor_Basics.png

Israel's doctrine of preemptive strike, anything that even has a remote chance of being a threat will be dealt with force because Uncle Sam is paying for all costs incurred and in case things get hot uncle will look after it.

from KSA's perspective there are only two natural enemies, Iran & Israel so it makes sense to have such missiles aimed at these countries. everyday is a school day, I was of the view that missiles are also one of the the items of the banned list like the submarines that KSA is not allowed to have for the sake of Uncle Sam's peaceful sleep

Actually that's not precise sir, Saudi has no need for submarines, they are exposed to two seas, the Arabian Gulf and the Red Sea, the first is too shallow for submarines to operate, they can even be seen from the sky and yet easily detected and targeted, even GCC surface vessels are made with special specs to operate in the Arabian Gulf shallow water such as the UAE's Bainona corvette. while the second has no potential enemies that urgently require submarines to counter. If you say Iran has Kilo submarines, then they operate them in the Arabian sea not the Arabian Gulf.

highly likely but very very risky for KSA to do so
Pakistan is a dirty banned weapons dealer and KSA doing business with it will only tarnish its clean image.

Yeah, but KSA has been developing its arsenal snce the 80s.

In order to gain the capability to intercept the DF-3A missiles, Israel has to buy the SM-3IA/B missile from USA and to obtain their system backup.

600px-Missile_Defense_Interceptor_Basics.png

You were specifically talking about Iron Dome.

Yeah, but KSA has been developing its arsenal snce the 80s.

That's right, once Saudis aired a test of 700km Ballistic missile in the end of 90s on their national TV according to Saudis.

You are here talking about an anti missile system for short-range missiles, only.

Israel has American Patriot missile system as well as the much advanced Arrow anti Ballistic missile system. saying it only has iron dome defence system is pure ignorance.

Below PAC-3, don't get me wrong, it is a very good rocket interceptor, but it is apple to orange compared to the big toy such as the ICBM interceptor GMD.

Compared to Iron Dome to the GMD is like to compared a M16 rifle to a Trident II SLBM, these things have completely different role.

Israel has American Patriot missile system as well as the much advanced Arrow anti Ballistic missile system. saying it only has iron dome defence system is pure ignorance.

Haven't you seen the image? The PAC-3 can only intercept a short-range ballistic missile less than 1000km.

this is a valid question . why Israel

but my counter question to my self is.

does Israel have its weapons aimed at KSA? does it see KSA as a potential enemy? if yes then KSA has the right to defend itself too.

more pressing question is the origin of the missiles, most of us suspect them to be coming from Pakistan which are basically the rip offs of North Korean & Chinese 1950's era missiles, all of which can be shot down by Israeli anti Missile defence very easily.

So Pakistani missiles are derivatives of old Chinese and North Korean missiles which can be shot down by Israeli anti-missile defenses.

In other words current Pakistani BM arsenal is obsolete and can be easily shot down?

I think that barring the Americans no one else has the Anti-Ballistic-Missile Capability right now to take out top-end Ballistic Missiles fired at them !

Taking out a '50s or '60s era Scud or one of its evolution is one thing - Taking out a modern-day Ballistic Missile would be quite different.

I'm not sure that the Chinese or the Russians would be able to stop most of the Ballistic Missiles fired at them by each other & most certainly not if its the Americans; I'd imagine even the Americans would have a hard time intercepting most of them were they to be fired at them ! The Israelis are undoubtedly good but they're not there yet.

Am I wrong in that assessment @Oscar ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't remember the names, but they have developed anti-missile systems that cover all layers, short, medium and long, some experts say they are more effective than the American Patriot. Israelis weren't happy with it's effectiveness after the horror they experienced in 1990.

Below PAC-3, don't get me wrong, it is a very good rocket interceptor, but it is apple to orange compared to the big toy such as ICBM interceptor GMD.

Compared to Iron Dome to the GMD is like to compared a M16 rifle to a Trident II SLBM, these things have completely different role.
That was my point. You were talking about DF-3 capability of penetrating Iron Dome. Anyway, no worries.

Back
Top Bottom