What's new

Saudi Arabia's missile base 'with launch pads aimed at Israel and Iran'

I find it hard to believe that those ICBMs are not installed with WMD warheads, considering the top secrecy, protection, and being launched from silos.

I also find it hard to believe KSA having a Ballistic Missiles as a strategic weapon, call it my ignorance but there was no such indication. I wonder what will be the origin of these missiles if its true?
they cant be Western and I doubt KSA has such close relations with the Russians or, China or North Koreans. leaves us with Pakistan but then there are very stringent missile control regimes.

to me it seems like scare mongering by the west and a ploy to "dig deeper" to protect Israel.

Ill take a wild guess.
Hatf-2, Hatf-2A.. M-11.

highly likely but very very risky for KSA to do so
Pakistan is a dirty banned weapons dealer and KSA doing business with it will only tarnish its clean image.

I can understand if they have it aimed at Iran. But Israel? Come on...
this is a valid question . why Israel

but my counter question to my self is.

does Israel have its weapons aimed at KSA? does it see KSA as a potential enemy? if yes then KSA has the right to defend itself too.

more pressing question is the origin of the missiles, most of us suspect them to be coming from Pakistan which are basically the rip offs of North Korean & Chinese 1950's era missiles, all of which can be shot down by Israeli anti Missile defence very easily.

does Israel have its weapons aimed at KSA? does it see KSA as a potential enemy? if yes then KSA has the right to defend itself too.

more pressing question is the origin of the missiles, most of us suspect them to be coming from Pakistan which are basically the rip offs of North Korean & Chinese 1950's era missiles, all of which can be shot down by Israeli anti Missile defence very easily.

The DF-3 is a 1970s Chinese missile that can travel a speed of more than Mach 5.

It can't be shot down by Israel's Iron Dome.

I also find it hard to believe KSA having a Ballistic Missiles as a strategic weapon, call it my ignorance but there was no such indication. I wonder what will be the origin of these missiles if its true?
they cant be Western and I doubt KSA has such close relations with the Russians or, China or North Koreans. leaves us with Pakistan but then there are very stringent missile control regimes.

to me it seems like scare mongering by the west and a ploy to "dig deeper" to protect Israel.

highly likely but very very risky for KSA to do so
Pakistan is a dirty banned weapons dealer and KSA doing business with it will only tarnish its clean image.

Well, pictures have been already released of those missiles sites. It's no secret that the Saudis got ICBMs from China in the 80s , CSS-2, and recently CSS-5. I believe it's strategic for the following:

1- Establishing a whole new military branch called Strategic Missiles Force.
2- Recruiting thousands in this branch and setting up multi-billion colleges, silos, and sites.
3- Top secrecy of this branch nature.

So, that's why I said that it's hard to believe that all of this is only for a couple of old Chinese ICBMs with traditional warheads.

The DF-3 is a 1970s Chinese missile that can travel a speed of more than Mach 5.

It can't be be shot down by Israel's Iron Dome.

Not to mention even the '50s era Chinese or North Korean Rip-Offs aren't exactly unguided & completely unsophisticated Palestinian Rockets being fired from Gaza ! :unsure:

The former deputy chief of Saudi Armed Forces talked about Israeli imminent strike targeting Saudi missile arsenal in the 80s, he said that RSAF was ordered to counter attack any Israeli strike immediately, even civil flights were stopped and Saudis were put on the highest alert till they made sure that Israelis backed off.

Not to mention even the '50s era China or North Korean Rip-Offs aren't exactly unguided & completely unsophisticated Palestinian Rockets being fired from Gaza ! :unsure:

To intercept a ballistic missile is a whole new level compared to intercept some cheap unguided rockets from Hamas.

Only two countries in this world have the true capability to intercept a ballistic missile; USA and China.

Israel has no such capability, nor she is willling to develop such capability.

The former deputy chief of Saudi Armed Forces talked about Israeli imminent strike targeting Saudi missile arsenal in the 80s, he said that RSAF was ordered to counter attack any Israeli strike immediately, even civil flights were stopped and Saudis were put on the highest alert till they made sure that Israelis backed off.

And why would Israel attack KSA's Missile Arsenal ? :what:

Unless I'm mistaken - KSA has always been on the periphery of every Arab-Israeli War not as an active participant like say the Syrians, the Jordanians or the Egyptians have been ! :unsure:

To intercept a ballistic missile is a whole new level compared to intercept some cheap unguided rockets from Hamas.

Only two countries in this world have the true capability to intercept a ballistic missile; USA and China.

Israel has no such capability, nor she is willling to develop such capability.

Actually, Israel have three systems for intercepting missiles, short, medium and long anti missile systems. Iron dome has proved it's effectiveness.

Actually, Israel have three systems for intercepting missiles, short, medium and long anti missile systems. Iran dome has proved it's effectiveness.

Against unguided, unsophisticated rockets that are a shade above recreational fireworks !

Unless I'm mistaken - KSA has always been on the periphery of every Arab-Israeli War not as an active participant like say the Syrians, the Jordanians or the Egyptians have been ! :unsure:

Well, they participated with all their strength, financially and military, but their military was modest back then, so that's why it has no importance as the others.

Against unguided, unsophisticated rockets that are a shade above recreational fireworks !

What's the difference between guided and unguided missiles when it comes to intercepting them? BTW, intercepting short-range missiles like Grad seemed impossible a couple of years ago.

Israel's doctrine of preemptive strike, anything that even has a remote chance of being a threat will be dealt with force because Uncle Sam is paying for all costs incurred and in case things get hot uncle will look after it.

from KSA's perspective there are only two natural enemies, Iran & Israel so it makes sense to have such missiles aimed at these countries. everyday is a school day, I was of the view that missiles are also one of the the items of the banned list like the submarines that KSA is not allowed to have for the sake of Uncle Sam's peaceful sleep

Back
Top Bottom