What's new

Saudi Arabia's missile base 'with launch pads aimed at Israel and Iran'

I can understand if they have it aimed at Iran. But Israel? Come on...

Missile silos don't have strategic value, especially not when you have 2, 3 or 4 of them.

Look this up: RT-23 Molodets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia This was a program by Soviets to make it more difficult for the U.S. to eliminate their retaliatory capability.

To be honest, Saudis don't even need a missile program, their air force (with proper training) could be enough to counter any regional threats. These inaccurate missiles could only be a viable option if Saudi could get its hand on a Pakistani nuclear warhead, and with lack of clarity in Pakistan military they might as well get them. :coffee:

This just shows that Iran has already taken the wrong side as China and Russia at the moment did nothing but weakening Iran's position and selling weapons to its rivals. Iran must maintain relation with all countries but the balance must leans towards the West, its not about likes or wants, its about facing the reality and waking the **** up! :smart:

I just don't understand why aimed at Israel? like Saudi "Arabia" can do anything against Israel, the AL itself said "Arabs" are weak compared to Israel.... maybe it is aimed against Lebanon Hezbollah?? I doubt it...

BTW, Saudi "Arabia" pads will be destroyed if they were made to attack Israel or actually in time of "attack" against Israel .. the west won't allow it.... plus Israel and Saudi "Arabia" have no problems, even of is Alqsa is under the Israelis control...

Missile silos don't have strategic value, especially not when you have 2, 3 or 4 of them.

Look this up: RT-23 Molodets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia This was a program by Soviets to make it more difficult for the U.S. to eliminate their retaliatory capability.

To be honest, Saudis don't even need a missile program, their air force (with proper training) could be enough to counter any regional threats. These inaccurate missiles could only be a viable option if Saudi could get its hand on a Pakistani nuclear warhead, and with lack of clarity in Pakistan military they might as well get them. :coffee:

This just shows that Iran has already taken the wrong side as China and Russia at the moment did nothing but weakening Iran's position and selling weapons to its rivals. Iran must maintain relation with all countries but the balance must leans towards the West, its not about likes or wants, its about facing the reality and waking the **** up! :smart:

You need the advanced early warning system and the solid fuel ballistic missiles to prevent the disadvantageous situation of the silo.

To detect your enemy's move before they launch the attack, then fire your ballistic missiles at them before their missiles reached your silos.

Honnestly I can't understsnd how by looking at launch pad they can understand where the missile is targetted at ?

After all you usually launch big missile vertically añd then the missile tilt toward its destination. And that psrt is up to missile and the prahraming it recieved before the launch.

You need the advanced early warning system and the solid fuel ballistic missiles to prevent the disadvantageous situation of the silo.

To detect your enemy's move before they launch the attack, then fire your ballistic missiles at them before their missiles reached your silos.
we have both home-made early warning systems(range:4000 KMs) and solid-fuel ballistic missiles(sejjil with the range of 2500 KMs).
281731_992.jpg

I'm guessing you're referring to the DF-3 right? If so, those have been out of service long time ago.

And you think that the Israelis have never had the intention to hit them :omghaha:
I just don't understand why aimed at Israel? like Saudi "Arabia" can do anything against Israel, the AL itself said "Arabs" are weak compared to Israel.... maybe it is aimed against Lebanon Hezbollah?? I doubt it...

Honnestly I can't understsnd how by looking at launch pad they can understand where the missile is targetted at ?

After all you usually launch big missile vertically añd then the missile tilt toward its destination. And that psrt is up to missile and the prahraming it recieved before the launch.
exactly! Unless they are tilted towards Iran and Israel! I doubt it :lol:

we have both home-made early warning systems(range:4000 KMs) and solid-fuel ballistic missiles(sejjil with the range of 2500 KMs).
281731_992.jpg

That's perfect, this proves the silo + solid-fuel bm + early warning system is absolutely useful.

The silobased ballistic missiles are deadly accurate compared to its road/rail-mobile counterparts and SLBM.

The missile is already pre-positioned at the targets, and the solid-fuel ballistic missile will only take few minutes to launch.

In comparison, the enemy's ICBM needs to travel about 30 minutes in order to hit your silos, it is vain to destroy a silo when its missile has already been launched at your cities.

That's perfect, this proves the silo + solid-fuel bm + early warning system is absolutely useful.

The silobased ballistic missiles are deadly accurate compared to its road/rail-mobile counterparts and SLBM.

The missile is already pre-positioned at the targets, and the solid-fuel ballistis will only take few minutes to launch.

In comparison, the enemy's ICBM needs to travel about 30 minutes in order to hit your silos, it is vain to destroy a silo when its missile has already been launched at your cities.
Yes.plus Russia has offered S-300V(which is basically an Anti-ballistic missile defence system) instead of S-300PMU1.lets see what will Iran do at this time.they should also be aware of Israeli achievements in Their missile programes.

The missile is already pre-positioned at the targets, and the solid-fuel ballistic missile will only take few minutes to launch.

Can't road mobile missiles too be positioned at the targets before launch, thus making them just as accurate as silo based missiles?

How long does it take for a road mobile launcher to set up the missile in firing position and feed it information of the targeted area?

Also, aren't Silos costly to build and maintain?

And Road Mobile launchers have the advantage of shoot-and-scoot.

Can't road mobile missiles too be positioned at the targets before launch, thus making them just as accurate as silo based missiles?

How long does it take for a road mobile launcher to set up the missile in firing position and feed it information of the targeted area?

Also, aren't Silos costly to build and maintain?

And Road Mobile launchers have the advantage of shoot-and-scoot.

It can, but the positioning process will be rushed, thus it is less accurate than the silobased missile.

I think to set up everything for a road-mobile ICBM is around 5 minutes, but as i said, it is rushed, thus less accurate compared to the silobased ICBM.

I think they are pretty same in term of cost, even Russia wants to maintain more silobased ICBMs since the road-mobile one is more costy for them.

Back
Top Bottom