What's new

Saudi Arabia's missile base 'with launch pads aimed at Israel and Iran'

What does this prove anything?

I am only buying the fact, not the myth.

Israel only possesses the partial ballistic missile interception at best, it will be lucky to shoot down a DF-3A at its terminal phase...

lol

Believe what you want if it reassures you. ^^

There is only one way to neutralize such a system. Saturate. But after :wave: (Jericho III, MIRV)

lol

Believe what you want if it reassures you. ^^

There is only one way to neutralize such a system. Saturate. But after :wave: (Jericho III, MIRV)

A DF-21 actually can travel at a top speed of Mach 15.

Israel's Arrow with a top speed of Mach 9 and flight ceiling of 50km, it has absolutely no chance to intercept a DF-21.

A DF-3 is older liquid fuel missile, thus i assume it could travel a bit slower than DF-21.

I am already pretty generous to give Arrow the chance to intercept DF-3 at its terminal phase, to intercept a 300km Scud simply proves nothing here on the table.

:kiss3::oops::oops:

Why ist you and the Chinese? Could you please explain further more?

Iill shift to other side of me don't let me do that.

Your countryman has answered that question.
And you are fool to threaten me...especially on an online forum habibi.

Your countryman has answered that question.
And you are fool to threaten me...especially on an online forum habibi.

Who's that fellow countryman who answered his question? I don't think that none other than his fellow countrymen DID build the Typhoons and the F-15s?

Who's that fellow countryman who answered his question? I don't think that none other than his fellow countrymen DID build the Typhoons and the F-15s?

Lets see, perhaps I should ask Gambit into this thread to talk about the prowess in maintaining F-15s. He made lengthy post about that before...not very flattering.

Pardon me, I was too hasty to think a Saudi would post about the purchase.. Mosa isnt around...otherwise Id have the countryman. However, if you bother to read the previous posts about wikileaks.. it should answer your question.

I'm not interested in listening to @Mosamania or @Arabian Legend or @Aeronaut or whoever. I happen to have two college friends working at Taif/Dharan BAE. As for Pakistan's assistance, I have nothing but a fundamental respect for the nation of Pakistan.
Pardon me, I was too hasty to think a Saudi would post about the purchase.. Mosa isnt around...otherwise Id have the countryman. However, if you bother to read the previous posts about wikileaks.. it should answer your question.
Apology accepted :wave:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets see, perhaps I should ask Gambit into this thread to talk about the prowess in maintaining F-15s. He made lengthy post about that before...not very flattering.

Oh i'm around, I just happen to be an observer from a distance, making sue my countrymen don't **** up that's all.

My recruiting plan worked as planned just as enough foe me to take a lesser role in this forum.

Just for the record, the Saudi-Sino relations are very strong. With a trade volume of TENS of billions everything is possible. Thankfully, the " silent sealing " stamps are diplomatic-code of KSA's foreign policy. In other word, we manage to keep our mouth shut as much as we could, but this news seems to make a mountain out of a molehill. The Israeli-Palestinian conflict is being looked by the political elites to be a political dispute i.e. KSA won't degrade itself to hunt innocent tourists in Bulgaria, or elsewhere. The issue with Iran is diametrically different, a cold war began ever since the Republic of Iran was born.

I also find it hard to believe KSA having a Ballistic Missiles as a strategic weapon, call it my ignorance but there was no such indication. I wonder what will be the origin of these missiles if its true?
they cant be Western and I doubt KSA has such close relations with the Russians or, China or North Koreans. leaves us with Pakistan but then there are very stringent missile control regimes.

to me it seems like scare mongering by the west and a ploy to "dig deeper" to protect Israel.

more pressing question is the origin of the missiles, most of us suspect them to be coming from Pakistan which are basically the rip offs of North Korean & Chinese 1950's era missiles, all of which can be shot down by Israeli anti Missile defence very easily

I don't think that Pakistan's missile technology goes back to the 50s, unless it's some sort of exaggeration?

Not to mention even the '50s era Chinese or North Korean Rip-Offs aren't exactly unguided & completely unsophisticated Palestinian Rockets being fired from Gaza ! :unsure:

You thought right. There is no such thing as a %100 interception guarantee. Not to mention the cost of the Iron Dome.

Well, there were three ballistic-missile bases in KSA back in the 80s - now doubled -
Anyway, Taif's, Madina's bases had missles being mobilized at Israel, I don't think any country would feel comfortable with such action. To this day, the US has been asking for inspecting these missile-bases, but KSA refused to allow them to go there.

And why would Israel attack KSA's Missile Arsenal ? :what:

the submarines that KSA is not allowed to have for the sake of Uncle Sam's peaceful sleep

Israel never blocked an arm sale to KSA, but the US offers downgraded weapons, it happened few times, but it'd been dealt with (;

So Pakistani missiles are derivatives of old Chinese and North Korean missiles which can be shot down by Israeli anti-missile defenses.

In other words current Pakistani BM arsenal is obsolete and can be easily shot down?

I honestly don't think so. If Pakistan has crapoy missles, you couldn't see how much of a worry Pakistan raise through the eyes of its enemies.

I don't think that Pakistan's missile technology goes back to the 50s, unless it's some sort of exaggeration?

You thought right. There is no such thing as a %100 interception guarantee. Not to mention the cost of the Iron Dome.

Well, there were three ballistic-missile bases in KSA back in the 80s - now doubled -
Anyway, Taif's, Madina's bases had missles being mobilized at Israel, I don't think any country would feel comfortable with such action. To this day, the US has been asking for inspecting these missile-bases, but KSA refused to allow them to go there.

Exactly, we have a much better midcourse interception than USA in the recent years, we have the full required capability to intercept a modern ICBM, but does this guarantee a 100% successful interception? Heck no, no one can be 100% sure of that.

Even Israel possesses the capability to intercept the DF-3 (which i highly doubt), it has no way to be 100% target kill, to say that DF-3 is absolutely useless against Israel's missile defense is simply absurd and immature.

I just don't understand why aimed at Israel? like Saudi "Arabia" can do anything against Israel, the AL itself said "Arabs" are weak compared to Israel.... maybe it is aimed against Lebanon Hezbollah?? I doubt it...

BTW, Saudi "Arabia" pads will be destroyed if they were made to attack Israel or actually in time of "attack" against Israel .. the west won't allow it.... plus Israel and Saudi "Arabia" have no problems, even of is Alqsa is under the Israelis control...

It would be a strategic failure for the Saudis to aim anything at Israel. In fact, it is downright foolish. The Israeli Air Force would make appropriate capitation strikes. It would be to the interest of KSA to become 'friends' with the Israelis. Israel, alone, has the fire power to pulverize Iran.

Let alone one has to realize that the United States will stand by Israel to the very end.

this is a valid question . why Israel

but my counter question to my self is.

does Israel have its weapons aimed at KSA? does it see KSA as a potential enemy? if yes then KSA has the right to defend itself too.

more pressing question is the origin of the missiles, most of us suspect them to be coming from Pakistan which are basically the rip offs of North Korean & Chinese 1950's era missiles, all of which can be shot down by Israeli anti Missile defence very easily.

Israel would not initiate any hostile acts on KSA without provocation, that is, if KSA does not mobilize units that are aimed to threaten the existence of the Israeli state.

Considering the threat of Iran, it would be wise for KSA to collaborate with Israel in containing Tehran. Additionally, with Israel as a friend and partner, who would dare touch KSA? :azn:

True, a considerable portion of Hamas' indigenous rockets of Hamas penetrated deeply within Israel, I'm not saying the Iron Dome was an epic failure, but don't expect a small nation like Israel to mobilize tens of battles, these are very pricey.

Exactly, we have a much better midcourse interception than USA in the recent years, we have the full required capability to intercept a modern ICBM, but does this guarantee a 100% successful interception? Heck no, no one can be 100% sure of that.

Even Israel possesses the capability to intercept the DF-3 (which i highly doubt), it has no way to be 100% target kill, to say that DF-3 is absolutely useless against Israel's missile defense is simply absurd and immature.

The Iron Dome can't intercept supersonic BM like the DF-3, this goes beyond the capability of the current Iron Dome, this is yet remain to be seen though.

Anywho :pop: I'm grateful of the PRC 4 many things not just for the DF-3 ..

Sure you do *sarcasm*

:coffee:

If a launch was made on Israel, rest assured that there would be nothing left of that certain nation's military grid after the IAF's strikes.

Please be realistic.

Nothing is being aimed at Israel, they're being aimed at another place (; ..
It would be a strategic failure for the Saudis to aim anything at Israel. In fact, it is downright foolish. The Israeli Air Force would make appropriate capitation strikes. It would be to the interest of KSA to become 'friends' with the Israelis. Israel, alone, has the fire power to pulverize Iran.

Let alone one has to realize that the United States will stand by Israel to the very end.

I'm very optimistic about the Palestinian-Israeli conflict though.

The Iron Dome can't intercept supersonic BM like the DF-3, this goes beyond the capability of the current Iron Dome, this is yet remain to be seen though.

Anywho :pop: I'm grateful of the PRC 4 many things not just for the DF-3 ..

They were talking about Arrow, its speed of Mach 9 is quite impressive, but the flight ceiling is simply too low, thus its best chance is to intercept the DF-3 at its terminal phase (assume that DF-3's top speed is less than Mach 10).

Israel's real missile interception will be struggling and hit a lottery Bonanza to shoot down an old missile like the DF-3 at its terminal phase.

I do respect Israel's military capability, but to intercept the longer range ballistic missile, you need big boys to do that. :coffee:

Back
Top Bottom