What's new

Saudi Arabian Air, Land, Naval Forces & SANG

The modernization program is underwork. As for the borders, the National guards are the one monitoring them. The NG is a branch of the ministry of interior not the Army.
Saudi Arabia should increase its forces after every ten years and if they really have 350000 active army guys that is really good and separate 250000 sang but they need to go for better training and equip sang with tanks and SP artillery and attack helicopters

Saudi Arabia should increase its forces after every ten years and if they really have 350000 active army guys that is really good and separate 250000 sang but they need to go for better training and equip sang with tanks and SP artillery and attack helicopters

Quality should always stand before quantity.

Quality should always stand before quantity.

Wrong - Quantity is needed to overwhelm the enemy. History of warfare is replete with reasonably armed large armies crushing high tech armies with low numbers.

Wrong - Quantity is needed to overwhelm the enemy. History of warfare is replete with reasonably armed large armies crushing high tech armies with low numbers.

Historically speaking, yes. The Korean wars legacy still resonates you this day.

At the same time the technological advancement of the day has never been more powerful than what it used to be in the past.

A mass army is always good, but a couple of B-2 bombers, and a bunch of F-22s can turn North into ashes.

We have 30 million + and by 2030 nearly 50 million people ready to die for the Land of the Two Holy Mosques if necessary. I would not be worried about the quantity. Arabs are historically one of the best skilled fighters as history has clearly shown again and again. Especially when united.

The size of the army is sufficient enough compared to the military doctrine that the country employs which is an defensive doctrine.

Quality is more important for us. But of course the quantity should be necessary for the military doctrine used. If we used an aggressive military doctrine our current numbers would not have been sufficient enough.

I don't think they should. KSA military establishment goes like this.

• Army = Away from home missions.
  • National Guards = Homeland security.
  • Ministry of interior = Internal security and border guarding.
But they should this will keep the Army is shape as well and well active on borders as Border Security Force and will give soldiers time to guard borders and even to fight in war too...

Also I am asking a possibility if US buys off all of 15000++ Humvees from KSA (as they have their own vehicle program) to give to PA and also Humvees from Jordan, Oman, Yemen, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain and Kuwait to be given to Afghans(as they can buy new ones from UAE, KSA and Jordan which are making their own now).

So it will be better for PA and Afghans...

For example if we go one one on one with let say Germany as for their Army against our Army its piece of cake although they are equipped with world best tank but they are around 70000 and we around 700000 so no match number game is too big @Yzd Khalifa 350000 this is the number of Army which you told me I mean you have around this number of current active army and around 250000 SANG and if this number is true than you have really good Army at least in size now and also SANG now you need to focus on its training also try to add 3 months commando training to normal infantry guy which we also have done at least even before terrorism issue some members of our all infantry units used to get 3 months commando training full commando training is based on one year that is what my uncle told me at least so give that training to your as many infantry guys as you can and also Tank and Artillery training because speed + accuracy + precision is everything and after 10 years every country has lot of new population so after every 10 years you can increase your Armed forces size @Aeronaut

We have 30 million + and by 2030 nearly 50 million people ready to die for the Land of the Two Holy Mosques if necessary. I would not be worried about the quantity. Arabs are historically one of the best skilled fighters as history has clearly shown again and again. Especially when united.

The size of the army is sufficient enough compared to the military doctrine that the country employs which is an defensive doctrine.

Quality is more important for us. But of course the quantity should be necessary for the military doctrine used. If we used an aggressive military doctrine our current numbers would not have been sufficient enough.
You forget to mention hundred of millions of non-KSA muslims that willing to sacrify their lives when it comes to the 2 holy lands bro

For example if we go one one on one with let say Germany as for their Army against our Army its piece of cake although they are equipped with world best tank but they are around 70000 and we around 700000 so no match number game is too big @Yzd Khalifa 350000 this is the number of Army which you told me I mean you have around this number of current active army and around 250000 SANG and if this number is true than you have really good Army at least in size now and also SANG now you need to focus on its training also try to add 3 months commando training to normal infantry guy which we also have done at least even before terrorism issue some members of our all infantry units used to get 3 months commando training full commando training is based on one year that is what my uncle told me at least so give that training to your as many infantry guys as you can and also Tank and Artillery training because speed + accuracy + precision is everything and after 10 years every country has lot of new population so after every 10 years you can increase your Armed forces size @Aeronaut

German, French and other European armies are small since they don't have to maintain a large army ( peaceful region ), if these 2 states France & Germany start spending and building their army ME armies & Pakistani army will be a joke for them.

Also the numbers these guys are giving you aren't backed up by sources.

German, French and other European armies are small since they don't have to maintain a large army ( peaceful region ), if these 2 states France & Germany start spending and building their army ME armies & Pakistani army will be a joke for them.

The German armed forces are severely limited by treaty imposed upon it after WWII.

Under the terms of this treaty Germany agreed to limit the size of it's armed forces to 370,000 of which no more than 345,000 were to be in the Army and Air force combined.

If you check on the link below there is a fuller explanation of the "Treaty on the Final Settlement with Respect to Germany
Treaty on the Final Settlement with Respect to Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The world doesn't want Germany to get out of hand again lol

Last edited:

I disagree, having a large army has its headache as well, it cost more money and tell me what happens if there is an internal problem inside a country with a large army? history shows there will also be an internal problem within the army as well and blood would be spilled. smaller efficient army is easier to control and cost less and is far more effective.

Germany expanding its military size? The hell you're talking about :lol:?

Germany is obligated to not to expand the size of its defense forces, so is Japan.

Not until you provide a source to counter the numbers we gave. Or maybe you could do the math after being blessed with Wikipedia's citations - which are official or semi-official at least:

150 - 175 thousands is the size of the RSLF.

22 - 25 thousands is the size of the RSAF.

50 - 60 thousands is the size of the RSNF.

12 - 17 thousands is the size of the RSADF.

While the SANG makes up to 110 to 130 thousands.

No thanks. Barring to our self-defense mechanism, we aren't interested in becoming a sick joke, unlike many :lol:

Germany expanding its military size? The hell you're talking about :lol:?

Germany is obligated to not to expand the size of its defense forces, so is Japan.

Not until you provide a source to counter the numbers we gave. Or maybe you could do the math after being blessed with Wikipedia's citations - which are official or semi-official at least:

150 - 175 thousands is the size of the RSLF.

22 - 25 thousands is the size of the RSAF.

50 - 60 thousands is the size of the RSNF.

12 - 17 thousands is the size of the RSADF.

While the SANG makes up to 110 to 130 thousands.

No thanks. Barring to our self-defense mechanism, we aren't interested in becoming a sick joke, unlike many :lol:
I thought only Saudi land forces are 350000 and navy and airforce separate

Back
Top Bottom