What's new

Saudi Arabia wants 2 battalions Army from Bangladesh

I cannot read Bengali, so I put this text in Google Translate:

Army Chief General Aziz Ahmed met senior officials of the Saudi military. The meeting discussed various issues related to the military.
The military's cooperation memorandum will be signed with Saudi Arabia on 14 February, said the army chief.
Later, General Aziz Ahmed told reporters present at the Bangladesh Embassy Building located in Riyadh,
Saudi Arabia wants two battalions from Bangladesh to remove mines in the border area, Saudi Armed Forces.
About 1800 people will be working in two battalions, he said. Bangladeshi ambassador to Saudi Arabia Golam Masih and other senior officials were present.

Is this true?

Does Saudi Arabia want Bangladesh to remove mines for them?

With all respect to Bangladesh, Bangladeshis and the Bangladeshi Army, that is not cooperation.

This agreement reduces the Bangladeshi Army to a glorified cleanup crew.

The Saudis can't even win a fight with the starving Yemenis next door.
I won't be surprised if they manage to find two battalions Bangladeshi soldiers or more who would happily give their lives for the sacred Saudis.

Below is what happened to the BA troops during and after the Iraq-Kuwait war in 1991. Similar or worse things may happen in the Yemen border dug with Irani landmines. However, I hope the BA troops will use its previous experience in Kuwait and will be able to minimize the losses in life.

"Bangladesh army lost 59 soldiers in the war and in mine clearing operations after the war. By 2016 72, Bangladeshi soldiers have died and 52 others were injured clearing landmines left behind by Iraq forces in the Gulf war under “Operation Reconstruction Kuwait”.

I have read somewhere that the IA troops' electronics mine detectors are supported by a group of specially trained monkeys. Monkeys are lightweight, so the mines do not burst even it is under their weight. I wonder if BA has also this kind of monkey troops.
What will be gained Armed forces to play like a hired player. billion dollars but if any casualties happens during mine detection than how the govt. will explain to the people of BD.

After this treaty may be Saudi make their voice loud for Rohingya crisis.

Below is what happened to the BA troops during and after the Iraq-Kuwait war in 1991. Similar or worse things may happen in the Yemen border dug with Irani landmines. However, I hope the BA troops will use its previous experience in Kuwait and will be able to minimize the losses in life.

"Bangladesh army lost 59 soldiers in the war and in mine clearing operations after the war. By 2016 72, Bangladeshi soldiers have died and 52 others were injured clearing landmines left behind by Iraq forces in the Gulf war under “Operation Reconstruction Kuwait”.

I have read somewhere that the IA troops' electronics mine detectors are supported by a group of specially trained monkeys. Monkeys are lightweight, so the mines do not burst even it is under their weight. I wonder if BA has also this kind of monkey troops.

You forgot the reward bit, we were rewarded with a visa ban for Bangladeshi workers, I think the ban still exists.

Death from landmine accidents is least of concerns. That border receives mortar fire, MG fire, sniper fire, ATGM fire every single day.

Saudi troops with all sorts of advanced weapons and training from US and Europe, do you guys think they don't know how to clear mines? It's just that they won't send their troops for this kind of risky jobs, they just need Bangi, ****, blackie slaves to do this for them.

This fvcken government has no dignity, on one hand they are sending maids, other hand sending troops now.

Someone should teach these Saudi's that the human souls are not something which can be bought. If this is for protecting the sacred Muslim sites in Saudi then it is fine but fighting for a war ???

This fvcken government has no dignity, on one hand they are sending maids, other hand sending troops now.

Do you think the BD government wants to build some friendship with the BD Jamaatis by cosying up to the Sacred Saudis ??

Thats a great idea i love it when Pakistan show their strength.

Do you think the BD government wants to build some friendship with the BD Jamaatis by cosying up to the Sacred Saudis ??

Saudis are anti-jamati. Saudis are basically anti-anything Islamic democracy. AL too are anti-jamati. If Hasina suspects for one second that the Saudis are sympathetic or supportive of Jamat, she will kick the Saudi butts in no time.

How much million fi$h contract is this?

You forgot the reward bit, we were rewarded with a visa ban for Bangladeshi workers, I think the ban still exists.

Death from landmine accidents is least of concerns. That border receives mortar fire, MG fire, sniper fire, ATGM fire every single day.

Saudi troops with all sorts of advanced weapons and training from US and Europe, do you guys think they don't know how to clear mines? It's just that they won't send their troops for this kind of risky jobs, they just need Bangi, ****, blackie slaves to do this for them.

Normally, a poor man has less dignity than a well-to-do famous man. BD cannot say No to a Saudi request. It was the same during the Iraq-Kuwait war. BA had to take a role to protect Kuwait which I believe might have been due to SA pressure. 72 young personnel died an unnecessary death which was not caused to protect their own country.

The same is happening today. BD is under pressure to contribute troops. If not complied. SA will totally stop hiring BD citizens in that country. The resulting big mess may cause political unrest.

As you said, there is a continuous machine gun and mortar firing from the Yemeni side. So, I believe that once a few BA troops are killed or injured there is a real possibility of SA asking BD to send combat troops in the future. There is a strong possibility that in the near future BA troops will have to fight on behalf of Saudi troops.

send our army no problem, but first they should pay us some bilion to bought this system.

This is rather stupid. Let the Saudis do their mine clean up. What's the point of the billion dollar weapons and trainings they receive from their western brothers?

Or was this kind of a subsidiary clause for the billion $s of investment that Saudi wants to ink? Could be, after all money speaks.

But I dont like this a bit. Should stay out of arabian village politics.

Normally, a poor man has less dignity than a well-to-do famous man. BD cannot say No to a Saudi request. It was the same during the Iraq-Kuwait war. BA had to take a role to protect Kuwait which I believe might have been due to SA pressure. 72 young personnel died an unnecessary death which was not caused to protect their own country.

The same is happening today. BD is under pressure to contribute troops. If not complied. SA will totally stop hiring BD citizens in that country. The resulting big mess may cause political unrest.

As you said, there is a continuous machine gun and mortar firing from the Yemeni side. So, I believe that once a few BA troops are killed or injured there is a real possibility of SA asking BD to send combat troops in the future. There is a strong possibility that in the near future BA troops will have to fight on behalf of Saudi troops.

Which is a gloomy proposition.

On one hand our troops will die fighting Muslims.

On the other hand, this is a criminal war. The Saudis are consciously committing a genocide there, they are bombing school buses, bazars and wedding ceremonies. The Yemenis are poor and destitute Muslims who never harmed us, we can not assist the Saudi criminals to kill these innocent Muslims.

Back
Top Bottom