What's new

Fight Against ISIS: Saudi Arab Wants Human Resource from Bangladesh

Peacekeeping is not the same as fighting a raging war.

Military instructors are ok as long as they are not giving advice while a war is going on.
Waging wars? 1990 Kuwait.... many think US fought on the grounds.... bullshit... it was all Egyptians and bd soldiers along with others doing most of the dirty work. American and brits just carpet bombed the shit out of Iraqis.

The instructors work in military academy to train officer cadets.

Waging wars? 1990 Kuwait.... many think US fought on the grounds.... bullshit... it was all Egyptians and bd soldiers along with others doing most of the dirty work. American and brits just carpet bombed the shit out of Iraqis.

Well, that should never have happened. I think that the purpose was to protect Saudi Arabia and then it got changed to "liberating" Kuwait lol.

I guess the only excuse was that BD was so poor then it needed the money.

BD should have no part in any foreign wars under any circumstances.

BS.

In 90s over 70,000 Pak soldiers were in KSA.. Entire PA Brigades like 12 Independent Armoured Brigade (Tabuk) etc was raised in KSA.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/arab...-for-pakistan-army.487312/page-3#post-9353482

However Bangladeshi and even Pak peacekeepers under UN Mandat were involved in de-mining operation after the war in kuwait.

Gulf still has dozen of thousands of PA soldiers,instructors even today.

All Gulf mil were raised by Pakistan.Heck even emirate airlines was raised by PIA (ironic).
http://cpakgulf.org/documents/Pak-Gulf-Security-Ties-final.pdf

http://www.ipripak.org/pakistans-relations-with-gulf-states/

1990 Kuwait.... many think US fought on the grounds.... bullshit... it was all Egyptians and bd soldiers along with others doing most of the dirty work. American and brits just carpet bombed the shit out of Iraqis.

Uh no, there were several on ground actions by the US and UK in the Kuwait theatre (armour cavalry, engg corps and much else). You can ask @jhungary

Minor partners like BD basically did protection of the logistics chain, they were never in any spearhead action in any theatre. Egyptians I would give more props to than BD in the hierarchy of the coalition actions.

Don't let the BAL propaganda get to your head in this too.

Bangladesh and the Gulf War: Response of a Small State
Ishtiaq Hossain

Can find it on JSTOR.

Uh no, there were several on ground actions by the US and UK in the Kuwait theatre (armour cavalry, engg corps and much else). You can ask @jhungary

Minor partners like BD basically did protection of the logistics chain, they were never in any spearhead action in any theatre. Egyptians I would give more props to than BD in the hierarchy of the coalition actions.

Ishtiaq Hossain

Can find it on JSTOR.

There are three major parts on the 1990 war in Iraq.

The force buildup part (Operation Desert Shield)
The air/ground assault part (Operation Desert Storm)
and the stabilisation part (Operation Desert Farewell)

For the ground build up, the major player of this is Saudi Arabia and the United States, Saudi provide access to Kuwait/Iraqi border while the US provided logistic support.

For the air/ground assault. it was the US and UK armoured column and US and Western Airpower play a majority role in this, Egyptian played a role as a stop gap between Iraq force in Kuwait and prevent them from crossing into Saudi Border

The stability phase is a joint operation between all the forces, while many gorund component (rebuilding and demining) went to African and Muslim nation, the west impose a No fly zone above Iraq and Kuwait to ensure the stability on the region.

Did Egypt and Bangladesh contribute to the war? Yes, but were they bore the blunt? Well, let's put in this way, the Ground assault itself is not even a big part of the war, the centrepiece of Iraq War is the bombing campaign, even if the west does not do anything in the ground war, this represent a small portion of fighting in Iraq. And it does not take a genius to figure out the way the ground war was fought, there are no way Egypt or Bangladesh could be a big part of it. It reflected clearly in the casualty list. While the US have 149 Kill of those 115 is KIA, Egypt suffer 11 death, of those 6 are actually KIA, you can now figure out the part carry out by the two country.

Ishtiaq Hossain

Can find it on JSTOR.
US had done all of its operation with aircraft carriers and destroyers... bombing key enemy targets... UKs armor played a role in stopping Iraqi armor... but infantry level fights were done by Egyptians, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis, saudis etc.
last year Kuwait honored Bangladeshi and other countries servicemen who fought for the country some of whom even have given their life for it. Kuwait itself acknowledges Bangladeshs role in their countries war... how do you think we got so many Iraqi tanks for ourselves?
After the war the demining operations was given to Bangladesh, US, Pakistan and U.K.
All the four country declared Kuwait mine free but when reports of mines going of on UK US and pakistans area of jurisdiction... no one was willing to go in again... Bangladesh then took the contract and officially declared Kuwait mine free in 2014.

Oh and my dad was in Kuwait during the war... he got involved with the Bangladeshi and egeyotian troops fighting Iraqi troops... they made him and other civilians lie on the ground, and strapped mines on Iraqi armor...
A stupid egeyptian bit my dads knee and tore off good amount of flesh from the shock of the battlefield... my dad had to beat him with a rod to let him go.

Speaking of Awami league propaganda... they never talk about kuwaits war ever... they were against sending in troops being in the opposition at the time... what I say is well documented and acknowledged by Kuwait, US and everyone who took part in coalition... there is a reason US offered us weapons and military aid if we join them in iraqs invasion of 2003.

There was one Bengali commanders among saudian, UK, US French and Kuwaiti commanders who planned out the operations throughout the war...
Kuwaits war was mainly about closing off Iraqi routes for the Iraqis to escape out of Kuwait and then carpet bombing them... those who decided to not go with the main convoy and do guerrila fights all over Kuwait was neutralized with ground troops.

BS.

In 90s over 70,000 Pak soldiers were in KSA.. Entire PA Brigades like 12 Independent Armoured Brigade (Tabuk) etc was raised in KSA.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/arab...-for-pakistan-army.487312/page-3#post-9353482

However Bangladeshi and even Pak peacekeepers under UN Mandat were involved in de-mining operation after the war in kuwait.

Gulf still has dozen of thousands of PA soldiers,instructors even today.

All Gulf mil were raised by Pakistan.Heck even emirate airlines was raised by PIA (ironic).
http://cpakgulf.org/documents/Pak-Gulf-Security-Ties-final.pdf

http://www.ipripak.org/pakistans-relations-with-gulf-states/
I'm talking about ground battles within Kuwait.
About demining... well US and U.K. Was also involved... later bengalis had to re run their areas after mines started going off again.

Pakistani instructors serve in Saudi and Kuwait too... Kuwait mostly on Air Force though, the army instructors are mostly bengalis and US, UK mix... while the navy mix includes Pakistan... there are just 12 instructors in Air Force from bd.

PIA once the best airlines in the world.... I was surprised and shocked to learn about the fact... #ironic... Pakistan used to be compared to LA of the east.... again #ironic... (it's offensive to blame the British for the misery of people of the sub continent)

Well, that should never have happened. I think that the purpose was to protect Saudi Arabia and then it got changed to "liberating" Kuwait lol.

I guess the only excuse was that BD was so poor then it needed the money.

BD should have no part in any foreign wars under any circumstances.
Erm, no it was ershad... I wouldn't blame him if he wanted a sweet spot for himself...
bd didn't pledge to protect Saudi like Pakistan back then... Pakistan stationed their troops in Saudi back then...
bd pledges protection to Makkah and medina if you didn't know.... (now...)
Sorry to say but the UN missions we send our troops to are all foreign wars and conflicts that we send our troops to interfere and calm.
As much it is about money it is also about experience... so you're prepared when something real happens.
It's free money so who's complaining. ;)

I dont really want any bhai-ness with KSA, especially when it comes to war or regional conflict. Kudos to the military establishment that they denied the offer.

We at best, should only get involved, IF NEEDED, after any war/conflict has taken place.. most for peacekeeping and maintaining internal law and order. Or, if there are tangible threats on holy cities like Makkah and Madinah. But under current context, that is a far cry and will not happen.

The BD Military is standing for the sole purpose of defending the country. We have nothing to do with anyone's war. Let them get involved and get their hands dirty. 1 reason we still havent faced hardcore extremism within Bangladesh is because we mind our own business. It should continue to be that way.

BD folks do serve under foreign commanders, but they need to bear names like Manekshaw, Jacob, Arora, Nagra etc.!!!!

As for Raheel Pasha, he has replaced Omer Fahrettin Pasha, the last Osmanli commander of the Hareamin. Although it took 100 years but Allah-u Azimushshan has replaced a war weary force - 6 centuries of relentless Jihat does take an earthly toll - with a war fresh force!!!! And, the Pak Ordu has now earned the tenacity and honor to get the status of Serdar-i Mujahit after sacrificing enormous blood and sweat fighting against all sorts of enemies humanely imaginable. Commanders and soldiers in protection of the Haremain don't get selected right away, they're vetted by the highest authority of the Ummet-i Muhammed!!! Those who are the defenders of Merkez-i Yakin and show respect to Terjuman-i Mazi may understand what it takes to get a place under Saya-i Huda-i Zul Jelal!!!! As for the others, they must be extremely happy with their present states, so no need for them to wear-out their minds!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont really want any bhai-ness with KSA, especially when it comes to war or regional conflict. Kudos to the military establishment that they denied the offer.

We at best, should only get involved, IF NEEDED, after any war/conflict has taken place.. most for peacekeeping and maintaining internal law and order. Or, if there are tangible threats on holy cities like Makkah and Madinah. But under current context, that is a far cry and will not happen.

The BD Military is standing for the sole purpose of defending the country. We have nothing to do with anyone's war. Let them get involved and get their hands dirty. 1 reason we still havent faced hardcore extremism within Bangladesh is because we mind our own business. It should continue to be that way.
I have just one question - if BD soldiers are ordered to embrace Shehadet, will they fix their bayonets, hail out the Tekbir, and go for the charges without asking a single question and any qualms in their minds????

I have just one question - if BD soldiers are ordered to embrace Shehadet, will they fix their bayonets, hail out the Tekbir, and go for the charges without asking a single question and any qualms in their minds????

Soldiers never fear to die regardless of religion.They are always ready to die for the sake of country. If you are talking to embrace shehadat to defend current Saudi regime,its not gonna happen. But If you are talking to embrace shehadat to defend own country or holy sites like Mecca or Medina then every BD muslims are ready for that including civilians. The cause has to be valid of course.

BmCeJF0CAAE7yNK.jpg

Volunteers from Bangladesh fighting with Palestinians in Beirut, Lebanon 1982. (Photo: Magnum Photos-Chris Steele Perkins)

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom