What's new

Saudi Arabia seeks Pakistan's cooperation for NATO-like military alliance

A country has either internal strength or it has strong "reliable" friends. Saudi and the gulf states have neither at the moment.

With strong American oil production, south america trading in their own currency, Russia/china, iran/india using local currencies for oil, that leaves only the gulf states with the $. A difficult situation indeed.

No sane person can like the Wahabi/Khawarajites or the Ayatulahs. Both have caused great harm to the Ummah.

However, as a desi who can afford to not pick sides, one has to ask - was the ummah better when the Shah of Iran was running the show in the middle east or was it better during the Saudi domination?

When times were good, why didn't these gulf states invest in countries who could have aided them (egypt/pak/turkey). They had no shortage of money. Never invested in a single defence production project in Pakistan (jf-17/al-khalid/etc). All they did was implement the Anglo/American dictation in the middle east and support the US $. Now you have a situation where these 3 countries (turkey/egypt/pakistan) are facing their own problems and cannot help.

As a neutral observer, it seems that Pakistan's long term economic interests lie with Iran.

First of all, these Arabs need to learn to respect Pakistan & kick their useless ego a side. Also & most importantly they need to limit their relationship with India as it is not possible to be with both Pakistan & India at the same time. Recent deals between UAE & India which were directly targeting Gawadar port & UAE's interference in Balochistan province to target Gawadar port is not acceptable. Also many agreements should be signed between Pakistan & Arab countries to not to aid Anti Pakistanis & political terrorists in any way & so on. Then Pakistan should help Arab countries other wise show them the exit door.

We should name it Ummah united :D
United we win
@The Eagle

Indeed united we win.... good one habibi. Recently done as well.....

more about subject here....

I am all in for this one. See somewhere else, I have already expressed my views regarding this as if there could be NATO like alliance then we can have it as well. Seems wouldn't be much advance in weapons etc but at least a late start will be good than never. Such alliance would pave many ways for growth of the country as well as assuring the brotherhood for support and defence as well if needed. The alliance is formed and based upon fight against proxies/terrorism. Pakistan has vast experience in this subject as we have been fighting the same threat since long and on side lost many precious lives but have learnt enough as well. KSA has rightly sought the services of Pakistan like they have machine and manpower and we have experience and ideas for engagement as well. Such alliance is need of time and everyone has to play the role and should not being sarcastic. It will be beneficial in every form I hope and sitting idol or neutral would be like no one to look after in case of any mishap and could be disastrous as well. It could be like having no friend means more easier for enemy and time has changed like there are blocks that nations formed for own interest yet succeeding and achieving their goals. We have to not just play our role in such block but should also play the best from inside and should have a leading character by utilizing our capabilities as well which seems all fair yet and possible as well with better expectations. Theories are all there to have a basic picture but world had moved to realities and practicably done so this should be the goal for us as well that we had enough talks in past that came up with adversaries now the time has come to throw away the illusion of being friend and safety and has to participate and strive for our betterment and self reliance. We had enough of verbal and fantasized surety for our security as well as benefits and time has come to be realistic and take steps for assurance that we believe and trust because of our own part played in there as well as building the same trust from ground by our own participation.

No to forget the support of Arab world in our bad times as well as to maintain the N power. It was not like we did it alone in past but indeed things and targets were set to achieve the goals. This formation will indeed bring the alliance under the N umbrella as well so as well it would be something head par to NATO in this subject. If there could be law or sections for disposal of NATO power so the same could be done here as well. Arab countries have the equipment and we have the men but experience most which is going to create a power to be reckoned including all members.

United we stand, divided we fall........

Last edited:
Indeed united we win.... good one habibi. Recently done as well.....

more about subject here....

I am all in for this one. See somewhere else, I have already expressed my views regarding this as if there could be NATO like alliance then we can have it as well. Seems wouldn't be much advance in weapons etc but at least a late start will be good than never. Such alliance would pave many ways for growth of the country as well as assuring the brotherhood for support and defence as well if needed. The alliance is formed and based upon fight against proxies/terrorism. Pakistan has vast experience in this subject as we have been fighting the same threat since long and on side lost many precious lives but have learnt enough as well. KSA has rightly sought the services of Pakistan like they have machine and manpower and we have experience and ideas for engagement as well. Such alliance is need of time and everyone has to play the role and should not being sarcastic. It will be beneficial in every form I hope and sitting idol or neutral would be like no one to look after in case of any mishap and could be disastrous as well. It could be like having no friend means more easier for enemy and time has changed like there are blocks that nations formed for own interest yet succeeding and achieving their goals. We have to not just play our role in such block but should also play the best from inside and should have a leading character by utilizing our capabilities as well which seems all fair yet and possible as well with better expectations. Theories are all there to have a basic picture but world had moved to realities and practicably done so this should be the goal for us as well that we had enough talks in past that came up with adversaries now the time has come to throw away the illusion of being friend and safety and has to participate and strive for our betterment and self reliance. We had enough of verbal and fantasized surety for our security as well as benefits and time has come to be realistic and take steps for assurance that we believe and trust because of our own part played in there as well as building the same trust from ground by our own participation.

No to forget the support of Arab world in our bad times as well as to maintain the N power. It was not like we did it alone in past but indeed things and targets were set to achieve the goals. This formation will indeed bring the alliance under the N umbrella as well so as well it would be something head par to NATO in this subject. If there could be law or sections for disposal of NATO power so the same could be done here as well. Arab countries have the equipment and we have the men but experience most which is going to create a power to be reckoned including all members.

United we stand, divided we fall........

Egypt is playing proactive role in said alliance and getting more benefits.

Egypt is playing proactive role in said alliance and getting more benefits.

IMO, Egypt is offering different services than Pakistan and serving the most about Kingdom so we are already dealing with WOT though we are not going that way or promised to serve only KSA like Egypt do but this is more about coalition and in interest of Muslim world as well as our own interests. :azn:

Jf17 alongside with F15.
IMG-20160314-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20160314-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20160314-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20160314-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20160314-WA0007.jpg

OK. here are the results of the "UNOFFICAL" DACT with F15s.

With all due, with humble heart and with great respect to our Saudi bros, their F-15s were absolutely ripped apart by JF17s in air combats.

But here is the interesting part, for some unknown reasons, Americans brought their own F-15s against our boys. As my source put it, they were made to "bleed" and "sweat".

I am actually eagerly waiting for the JF-17 block 3. If the current block can do what it did to the American top tier air superiority Jet which is f-15, I wonder what the block 3 would be like!!

I believe the F16 purchase are just the stop gap measures to provide ground support and precision day/night bombing till the block 3 becomes fully operational.

First of all, these Arabs need to learn to respect Pakistan & kick their useless ego a side. Also & most importantly they need to limit their relationship with India as it is not possible to be with both Pakistan & India at the same time. Recent deals between UAE & India which were directly targeting Gawadar port & UAE's interference in Balochistan province to target Gawadar port is not acceptable. Also many agreements should be signed between Pakistan & Arab countries to not to aid Anti Pakistanis & political terrorists in any way & so on. Then Pakistan should help Arab countries other wise show them the exit door.

Proof that this so called alliance is geared specifically toward Iran, and they want Pakistan's military to provide the muscle.

I don't see why Pakistan should join such an alliance. Why antagonize Iran and for what gain, pushing them into India's arms? Gulf states aren't going sacrifice their relations with India or back Pakistan Kashmir.

"Muslim Military Alliance (MMA) is an interesting idea and for the first time this idea has been floated by the Saudis. Pakistan has been asked to play a leading role in its formation. This is not an easy task for Pakistan and it will have to deal with lots of issues due to ages old sectarian divide between Saudi Arabia and Iran. Biggest challenge for Pakistan is to convince all Muslim societies and states that this alliance is not part of any hegemonic desire of Saudi Arabia or its own. Then issues like Political ownership, oversight and chain of command are also there to be dealt with.
The formation of this alliance as a true anti-terrorism mechanism or a collective security mechanism remains a distinct possibility right now. To make it a reality, Pakistan will have to deploy a relentless diplomacy to resolve these issues in drafting a framework for such alliance."

Security and Threat Matrix: Islamic Military Alliance: Options for Pakistan

As much as I have disagreed with you in the past, in this case you have left me speechless. Didn't think you were capable of such analysis.
Best Regards:cheers:
What was so extraordinary about his analysis?

@Khafee

Also, I would also like to read your thoughts on the subject. Do think that joining this alliance is in Pakistan's best interests? If so, why?

OK. here are the results of the "UNOFFICAL" DACT with F15s.

With all due, with humble heart and with great respect to our Saudi bros, their F-15s were absolutely ripped apart by JF17s in air combats.

But here is the interesting part, for some unknown reasons, Americans brought their own F-15s against our boys. As my source put it, they were made to "bleed" and "sweat".

I am actually eagerly waiting for the JF-17 block 3. If the current block can do what it did to the American top tier air superiority Jet which is f-15, I wonder what the block 3 would be like!!

I believe the F16 purchase are just the stop gap measures to provide ground support and precision day/night bombing till the block 3 becomes fully operational.
Any Further Detail?
Also why JF17 (light Weight) looks same in Size with F15 (Heavy Weight) refer to pics in previous post?

What was so extraordinary about his analysis?

@Khafee

Also, I would also like to read your thoughts on the subject. Do think that joining this alliance is in Pakistan's best interests? If so, why?

He has hit the nail on the head, just like Mastan Saheb and Indus Falcon, people who have actually seen wars, who have seen the world evolve, have said.

As to Pakistan joining the alliance, Mastan Saheb is the resident expert. Go through his posts, and try and understand what he is saying.

He has hit the nail on the head, just like Mastan Saheb and Indus Falcon, people who have actually seen wars, who have seen the world evolve, have said.

As to Pakistan joining the alliance, Mastan Saheb is the resident expert. Go through his posts, and try and understand what he is saying.
But I want to know what you have to say on the subject.

The way I see it, Pakistan is facing trouble on all its borders except the one with Iran. In 10 years, Our economy will cease to depend on GCC because there will be plenty of blue collar jobs in Pakistan. I would rather have trade and working relations with Iran than proxy wars, troubled border and risk of full-scale war. Don't get me wrong, I do not want bad relations with the GCC but rather a balanced approach just like the one I want to use with Iran.

Pakistan does not need a military alliance to defend itself as long as it develops its economy the way it should and I think that we are on the right path.

But I want to know what you have to say on the subject.

The way I see it, Pakistan is facing trouble on all its borders except the one with Iran. In 10 years, Our economy will cease to depend on GCC because there will be plenty of blue collar jobs in Pakistan. I would rather have trade and working relations with Iran than proxy wars, troubled border and risk of full-scale war. Don't get me wrong, I do not want bad relations with the GCC but rather a balanced approach just like the one I want to use with Iran.

Pakistan does not need a military alliance to defend itself as long as it develops its economy the way it should and I think that we are on the right path.
Maybe i'll comment on it in a few days. Right now, not in the right frame of mind.

Back
Top Bottom