What's new

Saudi Arabia offers India $ 625 bn investment opportunities.

I am not talking the communist ideology here.

Liberalizing our economy only helped our industries to grow, they competed with the world brands through JV's once our companies mastered the trade. They quickly became giants and are ready to invest in other countries. They even bought world renowned brands.

Not even remotely, Indian companies flourished because of government protectionism. Just look at Auto market for example, and imposing 118% tax on CBUs.

FDI's are good but FDI also brings corruption and funding for religious groups.

Another misconception, FDI brings in more clarity in monetary transaction. As each and every penny ill be accounted for.

There is a limit for liberalization and there are areas where you need protectionism.

True, but at the same time they loose in competition in foreign market. Same reason why Indian and Chinese car brands aren't doing well in foreign markets.

Saudi's are interested in investing in the sectors which are mentioned above because those sectors offer many profits, why not give the chance to our home grown entrepreneurs to take advantage of our middle class.

Isn't that obvious? If i put my money on a sector, i'll seek better returns from it, rather than doing a social service.

If we are ready to spend close to 200 Billions in defense purchase we can also invest 1 trillion in our own developing sectors. We have the capital now and only thing we need is technology.

That 1 Trillion is accounted from the FDIs, as Japan is pouring around 90 billion for high speed rail corridors. India can't afford to invest 1 trillion out of it's on reserve because we don't have such massive reserve.

And neither our corporate entities have that kind of capital.

I am not talking the communist ideology here.

Liberalizing our economy only helped our industries to grow, they competed with the world brands through JV's once our companies mastered the trade. They quickly became giants and are ready to invest in other countries. They even bought world renowned brands.

FDI's are good but FDI also brings corruption and funding for religious groups.

There is a limit for liberalization and there are areas where you need protectionism.

Saudi's are interested in investing in the sectors which are mentioned above because those sectors offer many profits, why not give the chance to our home grown entrepreneurs to take advantage of our middle class.

If we are ready to spend close to 200 Billions in defense purchase we can also invest 1 trillion in our own developing sectors. We have the capital now and only thing we need is technology.

Those companies grew thanks to FDI!
Take the IT industry for instance: The state invested in these sectors but it only grew to todays level after foreign firms saw the advantageous like cheap costs and started to invest in India in form of outsourcing.
This is only one example of course.
They did not start to compete in the international level after liberalization.

But you are right, the GOI of India or the state governments need to impose some rules. We should learn from the Chinese: They only accept FDI into their huge markets if the investing company agrees to take up JVs with local companies.

No country in the world can rely on its domestic capital anymore. The world economy is interlinked like never before. Thinking in only national/domestic dimensions only means one thing, and thats for sure: Economic failure and doom.

BTW we are investing 100 billion USD in our infrastructure over the next year and guess what: A huge sum comes from other nations! Or do you think that we have so much money lying somewhere around?

Hmmm ... Saudis want Iran to be erased.

Iran -> Pakistan pipe line is expected to be signed on monday.

This is just the right time to make news like this.

Mate that was back in 1990's where we are a cash strapped nation, Now we are buying companies to save some of the nations in Europe. So lets give our own entrepreneurs to take advantage of our middle class and profit giving industries and say no to foreigners reaping profits from our market.

We only need technology collaboration not some foreign company to come here and reap profits.

Even today we stand as a cash strapped nation, a few flourishing corporate entities doesn't reflect the status of the whole nation. Even after 2 decade of economic reforms, there hasn't been any well defined policies regarding industrialization despite of having a cheaper labour resources and educated talent pool.

And no company will provide technology without giving them access to Indian market for profit, as you know, we don't live in fairy world.

Not even remotely, Indian companies flourished because of government protectionism. Just look at Auto market for example, and imposing 118% tax on CBUs.

It was the JV's that did the trick in bridging the technological gap.

Another misconception, FDI brings in more clarity in monetary transaction. As each and every penny ill be accounted for.

The same people blame the Govt. for chopper scams and etc,etc. with SA there is a chance of religious extremism as they favor religious personalities.

True, but at the same time they loose in competition in foreign market. Same reason why Indian and Chinese car brands aren't doing well in foreign markets.

Wrong perception, I said get the technology or buy technology and lets give our companies a chance to grow, ,no need for direct foreign investments, we only need tech. collaboraton. Just like how we manufactured infrared homing anti tank missile from Lahat.

Isn't that obvious? If i put my money on a sector, i'll seek better returns from it, rather than doing a social service.

Yes they seek returns, but why let them reap our crop when we can do it our selves.

That 1 Trillion is accounted from the FDIs, as Japan is pouring around 90 billion for high speed rail corridors. India can't afford to invest 1 trillion out of it's on reserve because we don't have such massive reserve.

And we don't have the capital.

Have seen the queue of foreign dignitaries who are flooding India for indian investments in Europe and middle east??

Every body wants their weapons to be bought by India so that their economy will be stabilized, many countries even want strategic long term relation ship with India.

The saudi's also want India to invest 100 billion dollars in return, we do need the clarity of their investments (if they are investments at all).

India have enough capital for its growth in infrastructure and manufacturing sectors, we only need tech. collaboration which we are doing with Japan, France,USA and China.

Those companies grew thanks to FDI!
Take the IT industry for instance: The state invested in these sectors but it only grew to todays level after foreign firms saw the advantageous like cheap costs and started to invest in India in form of outsourcing.
This is only one example of course.
They did not start to compete in the international level after liberalization.

But you are right, the GOI of India or the state governments need to impose some rules. We should learn from the Chinese: They only accept FDI into their huge markets if the investing company agrees to take up JVs with local companies.

No country in the world can rely on its domestic capital anymore. The world economy is interlinked like never before. Thinking in only national/domestic dimensions only means one thing, and thats for sure: Economic failure and doom.

BTW we are investing 100 billion USD in our infrastructure over the next year and guess what: A huge sum comes from other nations! Or do you think that we have so much money lying somewhere around?

Foreign countries only saw cheap work force and so they invested and now we grew as the good market, so lets say no to others who want to reap our fruits.

You never know what kind of investment they are bringing, is it madarsas and mosques for enlightenment of masses :lol:

Or is it a cultural invasion to bring a Wahhabi Islam into our society, Saudi's has already done their social services in Pakistan and look what is happening in that country. The sect which belonged to the father of their nation is being targetted.

Do you want SA and Iran to play in our country for the sake of billions which we are having just enough???

Even today we stand as a cash strapped nation, a few flourishing corporate entities doesn't reflect the status of the whole nation. Even after 2 decade of economic reforms, there hasn't been any well defined policies regarding industrialization despite of having a cheaper labour resources and educated talent pool.

And no company will provide technology without giving them access to Indian market for profit, as you know, we don't live in fairy world.

India is not a cash strapped nation we have just enough cash to take care of our selves.

Foreign countries only saw cheap work force and so they invested and now we grew as the good market, so lets say no to others who want to reap our fruits.

You never know what kind of investment they are bringing, is it madarsas and mosques for enlightenment of masses :lol:

Or is it a cultural invasion to bring a Wahhabi Islam into our society, Saudi's has already done their social services in Pakistan and look what is happening in that country. The sect which belonged to the father of their nation is being targetted.

Do you want SA and Iran to play in our country for the sake of billions which we are having just enough???

India is not a cash strapped nation we have just enough cash to take care of our selves.

I am not talking about this specific thing about the KSA.

"Foreign countries only saw cheap work force and so they invested and now we grew as the good market, so lets say no to others who want to reap our fruits."

Of course! Why the fukc should some one pour billions into another part of the world without seeing profits?!
Back then they only wanted cheap labor costs and now India is a giant market as well to sell goods/services.
Whats the point?
The bottom line is every country, especially developing countries need FDI in the modern world.

I am not talking about this specific thing about the KSA.

"Foreign countries only saw cheap work force and so they invested and now we grew as the good market, so lets say no to others who want to reap our fruits."

Of course! Why the fukc should some one pour billions into another part of the world without seeing profits?!
Back then they only wanted cheap labor costs and now India is a giant market as well to sell goods/services.
Whats the point?
The bottom line is every country, especially developing countries need FDI in the modern world.

So you are coming to conclusion that Europe which is in recession whose foreign dignitaries want India to help their economies, USA which is suffering with fiscal deficit will invest in India :lol:

Looking at the current world scenario no country is in a position to invest except BRICS.

Middle east is a different scenario which has its own disadvantages so we should grow ourselves and we have just enough cash for it ;)

They want us to invest this much in Saudia..? What will we get in return..? How much are they planning to invest in our Infrastructure..?

Hmmm ... Saudis want Iran to be erased.

Iran -> Pakistan pipe line is expected to be signed on monday.

This is just the right time to make news like this.

See the world in correct perspective and Pakistan is not the center of the world.

It was the JV's that did the trick in bridging the technological gap.

Didn't materialized into industrial growth in national scene. A few defense JVs doesn't reflect the condition of the whole scenario. We never had any JV in consumer electronics, infrastructure and construction equipment, health care sector, heavy industries.

I can go on and on if you have all night.

The same people blame the Govt. for chopper scams and etc,etc. with SA there is a chance of religious extremism as they favor religious personalities.

If we can't safeguard the ideology of our own nation, we don't have right to blame anyone else for our incompetence.

Remember one thing, "You don't have any rights to exist if you can't protect yourself."

Wrong perception, I said get the technology or buy technology and lets give our companies a chance to grow, ,no need for direct foreign investments, we only need tech. collaboraton. Just like how we manufactured infrared homing anti tank missile from Lahat.

What happened to domestic consumer electronics brands which were very popular in the 90s and early twentieth century. As i said, only defense JVs doesn't reflect the whole scenario. Domestic companies should be able to absorb the available tech. Or it'll be like having a gun in the hand of a monkey.

Yes they seek returns, but why let them reap our crop when we can do it our selves.

Ask yourself, how much money we have? We cite Tata or Mahindra as our flagship corporate entities, but have you cared to look at their size at global perspective?

Have seen the queue of foreign dignitaries who are flooding India for indian investments in Europe and middle east??

And if deemed profitable, i don't see any harm in investing in foreign countries. Given the bureaucratic delays, corruption environmental norms and tough regulations, i'll rather open up an industry in South East Asian countries rather than in India, if i had capital.

Every body wants their weapons to be bought by India so that their economy will be stabilized, many countries even want strategic long term relation ship with India.

When they're under trillion dollars of dept, a fe billion dollars of arms on't stabilize their economy. They are selling their arms just to employ a large segment of their work force.

Try to look at the bigger picture.

The saudi's also want India to invest 100 billion dollars in return, we do need the clarity of their investments (if they are investments at all).

Sure we do, that's why it's FDI. Or they can send money via unaccounted ways.

India have enough capital for its growth in infrastructure and manufacturing sectors, we only need tech. collaboration which we are doing with Japan, France,USA and China.

Have you cared to look into our foreign reserve and huge trade imbalance over the last few years. I repeat again, government don't have funds, stop putting rhetorical statement.

Really? Sorry, i'd been living in Bharat for all these years.

Didn't materialized into industrial growth in national scene. A few defense JVs doesn't reflect the condition of the whole scenario. We never had any JV in consumer electronics, infrastructure and construction equipment, health care sector, heavy industries.

I can go on and on if you have all night.

We may not have any JV's in the above mentioned sectors, but our Micromax in consumer electronics is doing well and expected to grow.
In infrastructure and construction we have L and T so no need for a foreign firm here, L&T is a very good company which meets its dead lines.
Health care sector is good in India we do not need any imitation here, we offer cheap and best services here.

Heavy Industries needs JV's and that is what our manufacturing policy is all about.

If we can't safeguard the ideology of our own nation, we don't have right to blame anyone else for our incompetence.

Remember one thing, "You don't have any rights to exist if you can't protect yourself."

we need to safe guard our ideology at the same time we need to take preventive steps, Prevention is better than cure. Saudi's are saying that their Dollars are in their lockers sleeping I suspect that and I suspect that it is their own money.

What happened to domestic consumer electronics brands which were very popular in the 90s and early twentieth century. As i said, only defense JVs doesn't reflect the whole scenario. Domestic companies should be able to absorb the available tech. Or it'll be like having a gun in the hand of a monkey.

Yes our own brands like Micromax emerged and are doing well in India,Latin America and Africa.

Ask yourself, how much money we have? We cite Tata or Mahindra as our flagship corporate entities, but have you cared to look at their size at global perspective?

As I said earlier we have enough capital reason why MMRCA contract became a huge talking point and even became a ca

use for rivalry between France and England.

And if deemed profitable, i don't see any harm in investing in foreign countries. Given the bureaucratic delays, corruption environmental norms and tough regulations, i'll rather open up an industry in South East Asian countries rather than in India, if i had capital.

That is internal problem.

When they're under trillion dollars of dept, a fe billion dollars of arms on't stabilize their economy. They are selling their arms just to employ a large segment of their work force.

Try to look at the bigger picture.

They want to sell their arms to keep up the tech. edge and stabilize their economies just like what Russia did after USSR break

Sure we do, that's why it's FDI. Or they can send money via unaccounted ways.

Have you cared to look into our foreign reserve and huge trade imbalance over the last few years. I repeat again, government don't have funds, stop putting rhetorical statement.

Trade imbalance do not relate to low funds, if we do not let our own entrepreneurs grow then this trade deficit will make us cash strapped nation.

@Srinivas

Ever care to look at the 'Made in China' label in Micromax mobiles? only cheaper ones are assembled here.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Srinivas

Ever care to look at the 'Made in China' label in Micromax mobiles? only cheaper ones are assembled here.

Mate these days not a single product is manufacture entirely in one nation, Even F22 has product suppliers across Europe. The business model has changed due to Globalization.

All I am saying is let us take advantage of our situation and knowing what Saudi Wahhabism did to Pakistan in the name of investments we have to take preventive steps :cheers:.

Saudi Arabia's Zamil to invest Rs3,000 crore in India

Zamil Industrial Investment Co, a Saudi Arabia-based manufacturing and industrial conglomerate, is betting on the Indian market to fuel growth.

The company plans to invest up to `3,000 crore in the next 2-3 years. (contd.....)

Saudi Arabia's Zamil to invest Rs3,000 crore in India - Money - DNA

Indian rupees 3000 crore roughly translates to 600 million dollars, may the Arab guy is reporting wrongly.
@Skull and Bones :cheers:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom