What's new

Saudi Arabia offers India $ 625 bn investment opportunities.

So you are coming to conclusion that Europe which is in recession whose foreign dignitaries want India to help their economies, USA which is suffering with fiscal deficit will invest in India :lol:

Looking at the current world scenario no country is in a position to invest except BRICS.

Middle east is a different scenario which has its own disadvantages so we should grow ourselves and we have just enough cash for it ;)

FDI is carried out NOT BY governments but by companies! If people in the west buy less they will naturally look for new markets (e.g. BRICS). And in order to get them they will invest in production facilities here, buy subsidiaries or invest in other ways = FDI!!!!

If BRICS had been the only ones whose companies could invest, the world like we know it would not exist :hitwall:!

FDI is carried out NOT BY governments but by companies! If people in the west buy less they will naturally look for new markets (e.g. BRICS). And in order to get them they will invest in production facilities here, buy subsidiaries or invest in other ways = FDI!!!!

If BRICS had been the only ones whose companies could invest, the world like we know it would not exist :hitwall:!

The Western Nations are asking India to invest in their markets no point in expecting FDI from them. At present only BRICS nation s have the capability to invest in foreign countries.

MNC's come here to reap profits and when the market is down they will shift to another country, same happened to India when MNC's saw profits they entered India, In the process India got benifitted.

The Western Nations are asking India to invest in their markets no point in expecting FDI from them. At present only BRICS nation s have the capability to invest in foreign countries.

MNC's come here to reap profits and when the market is down they will shift to another country, same happened to India when MNC's saw profits they entered India, In the process India got benifitted.

Cant you read? I said that companies invest in emerging markets in order to get access to the huge markets here since their sales slipped int the west due to the recession, thats called FDI! The main aim of western governments was to get more/better access to the Indian market and to get FDI from Indian companies in return.

" At present only BRICS nation s have the capability to invest in foreign countries." -and thats total nonsense:

Do you seriously think that huge western MNCs like GM, GE or whatever stopped to invest in other markets :what: ?!

Cant you read? I said that companies invest in emerging markets in order to get access to the huge markets here since their sales slipped int the west due to the recession, thats called FDI! The main aim of western governments was to get more/better access to the Indian market and to get FDI from Indian companies in return.

The same situation has made the western MNC's weak.

" At present only BRICS nation s have the capability to invest in foreign countries." -and thats total nonsense:

Do you seriously think that huge western MNCs like GM, GE or whatever stopped to invest in other markets :what: ?!

Yes they may have invested but, as far as Indian market is concerned we have no dependency on GM or to some extent GE now. Our companies are doing good in those areas.

The same situation has made the western MNC's weak.

Yes they may have invested but, as far as Indian market is concerned we have no dependency on GM or to some extent GE now. Our companies are doing good in those areas.

1. Just give me one statistic which claims that western MNCs dont invest anymore to support your nonsensical claim that the only investment comes from BRICS nation.

2. "The same situation has made the western MNC's weak." you arent answering my arguments, instead you are making claims again... :hitwall:

Better learn things about the economy before ranting around here.

1. Just give me one statistic which claims that western MNCs dont invest anymore to support your nonsensical claim that the only investment comes from BRICS nation.

2. "The same situation has made the western MNC's weak." you arent answering my arguments, instead you are making claims again... :hitwall:

Better learn things about the economy before ranting around here.

Western MNCs product based ones tried to accustom Indian markets but so far Indian MNCs are giving them good competition, Some may have captured Indian market but lot of other failed to do it so.
Read my posts carefully , BRICS are emerging economies and are in a position to invest, which also includes India.

If western economies no longer buy products because of recession and the same companies cannot compete in emerging markets then what happens to those MNCs???

Why do people thinking here that Saudis will do whatever they want to do with their money? We have law we have rules and regulators they have to do whatever we want them to do not the other way around.

I think the saudi's are asking indian enterpreneurs to invest in Saudi Arabia and not the other way round.

Nope- I think all that oil cash must be piling up as reserves and the saudis are looking at new investment opportunities for good returns- Indian infra and other projects can both absorb the large allocation and still give decent long term returns.

Invest in Saudi Arabia????? - Bad Idea.

It's a friggin monarchy run by an archaic 7th century code of law - who or what guarantee's investments worth billions of dollars - the eccentric Sheikdom or any of their thousands of relatives and off springs can overturn Indian investments like how radical camel jockeys of Maldives did with EMAAR. There's no law in their crazyland's that will guarantee fairness to our Kuffr Investments.

Second we would want our executives to be present there - what happens to the female executives or entrepreneurs of these companies - they go around in Burga's all over -or not allowed to speak or get talked down by the Mullah brigade, or the men who might get beheaded based on some random blasphemy trumped up charges or the assets of the companies taken over.

NO SIREE. Thanks but No thanks - might be some Islamic banks or the JI Hind might want to throw their investments their way.

:astagh::astagh::astagh::astagh:

What nonsense and BS, western growth rates have saturated, companies like GE, HP and Dell can expect to increase their revenues only by growing their presence in BRICS+ Several other emerging markets. That's why they are investing in these countries.

Western MNCs product based ones tried to accustom Indian markets but so far Indian MNCs are giving them good competition, Some may have captured Indian market but lot of other failed to do it so.
Read my posts carefully , BRICS are emerging economies and are in a position to invest, which also includes India.

If western economies no longer buy products because of recession and the same companies cannot compete in emerging markets then what happens to those MNCs???

See you are again evading me:
" At present only BRICS nation s have the capability to invest in foreign countries." - thats your statement which is 110% pure BS. I am still waiting for just ONE statistic which can support this.

And western economies still buy products, but not as much as 3-4 yrs ago! Who tells you this BS.

Look at the largest MNCs in the world and from where they come from:

List of companies by revenue - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What nonsense and BS, western growth rates have saturated, companies like GE, HP and Dell can expect to increase their revenues only by growing their presence in BRICS+ Several other emerging markets. That's why they are investing in these countries.

Yes Western nations are saturated and the MNC's you are mentioning are not doing good in emerging markets as well.

Major companies in Europe are in loss and MNCs of USA are also not doing good

Hewlett's Loss: A Folly Unfolds, by the Numbers - NYTimes.com

See you are again evading me:
" At present only BRICS nation s have the capability to invest in foreign countries." - thats your statement which is 110% pure BS. I am still waiting for just ONE statistic which can support this.

And western economies still buy products, but not as much as 3-4 yrs ago! Who tells you this BS.

Look at the largest MNCs in the world and from where they come from:

List of companies by revenue - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Who is evading you??

That is your perception. I said the emerging economies like BRICs has the capability to invest, look at China which is investing in Africa, Latin America , Europe and USA same goes to India as well.

point is plain and simple, BRICS are the future investors on this world or the companies from BRICS have the upperhand when it comes to investing.

You are talking about mere 5 % of FDI inflow of our GDP and saying that these MNC's are the real reason for growth of India.

Wake up mate, nothing will happen with 20 or 30 Billion annual FDI for an economy like India which is close to 2 Trillion and close to 4 Trillion (PPP).

I would have love to present you the stats but I will sure, but not now.

These MNC's only gave competition and also helped us to catch up with the tech.gap not because they have invested heavily like China,we have grown.

Yes Western nations are saturated and the MNC's you are mentioning are not doing good in emerging markets as well.

Who is evading you??

That is your perception. I said the emerging economies like BRICs has the capability to invest, look at China which is investing in Africa, Latin America , Europe and USA same goes to India as well.

point is plain and simple, BRICS are the future investors on this world or the companies from BRICS have the upperhand when it comes to investing.

Just prove your statement: "" At present only BRICS nation s have the capability to invest in foreign countries." Its wrong!

Pure BS! FOR THE 10th TIME: PROVE IT!

BRICS companies are still small in number compared to western ones, just take a look: List of companies by revenue - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Go through the below graph

800px-Top_five_largest_economies_in_2050.jpg

Based on the current GDP

USA is at 14 Trillion which is in fiscal deficit and recession, European Union close to 15 Trillion (lot of economies are bankrupt and very low growth rate)

In comparison BRICS is with GDP close to 14 Trillion and is having an average growth rate of close to 5%. Who will invest more in next decade ???

Is it cash strapped EU or USA??

Below is the prediction done by Gaurdian

GDP projections from PwC: how China, India and Brazil will overtake the West by 2050

GDP-projections-to-2050-g-007.jpg

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/jan/07/gdp-projections-china-us-uk-brazil

This is the prediction for 2020

Beyond_the_tax_forum_1.ashx

Who is evading you??

You are talking about mere 5 % of FDI inflow of our GDP and saying that these MNC's are the real reason for growth of India.

Wake up mate, nothing will happen with 20 or 30 Billion annual FDI for an economy like India which is close to 2 Trillion and close to 4 Trillion (PPP).

I would have love to present you the stats but I will sure, but not now.

These MNC's only gave competition and also helped us to catch up with the tech.gap not because they have invested heavily like China,we have grown.

'Doing well' depends upon execution. but the thing that's clear for all major MNCs is that the next round of growth will come from emerging markets. So the investments will continue here. And for the same reason BRICS are not going to invest heavily in the west. US Economy is 14 trillion USD. Even today, China+ india doesn't match that number.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom