What's new

Saudi Arabia, India sign military cooperation pact

Even Jordan and Egypt have ties with Israel, why you singling out the Turks? Forum wars continues lol? :lol:

Stop wasting your time you idiot; they'd come up with some of the most ludicrous reasoning for it imaginable !

Its about Money...nothing else - No 5000 year old History with India (if it did exist to begin with) or Muslims - Its Money & the lust for more of it !

There is a saying in central Saudi Arabia that says:

الهند هندك... إذا قلّ ما عندك
والشام شامك...إذا من الدّهر ضامك

Go to India if you have little means, and go to the Levant if time is tough. The original saying is actually more rhythmic than this poor translation!

Last edited:
Stop wasting your time you idiot; they'd come up with some of the most ludicrous reasoning for it imaginable !

Its about Money...nothing else - No 5000 year old History with India (if it did exist to begin with) or Muslims - Its Money & the lust for more of it !

Are you telling me those damn Indians sent Baniya fever across the Arabian sea? :P

Actually the millennium old ties between the Arabian Peninsula and India (Indian Subcontinent as a whole) are pretty well established.

Trade and cultural links between ancient Arabia and ancient India date back to third millennium BC.[1]

Heptulla, Nejma. Indo-West Asian relations: the Nehru era. Allied Publishers, 1991.ISBN9788170233404.

Besides the ancient Dilmun civilizaiton that is nearly 5000 years old in what is now KSA and Bahrain was a trading partner with the Indus Valley civilization just across the Arabian Sea.

Civilizations in Oman traded with India at a similar time and likewise those in Yemen.

Of course this is bound in business. Everything that states do is due to that. Nothing is completely for free. At least very rarely.

Anyway why should we ignore one of the biggest markets on earth and a country with the second or third biggest Muslim population? A country/region that we have ancient ties with and only mostly good ties with based on mutual ancient trade? A trade that continues today? Many of our people and vice versa survived due to this ancient trade and benefitted from it. Mutual influence and exchange of culture. To this day for instance, Yemenis look very positively on Indians, Hijazis and Omanis as well. Because we only had good ties with those people.

All that just because we have better relations with Pakistan?

All Muslim countries have ties to India. Why single KSA out?:o:o_O

Yes, I actually do like Indians and Indian cuisine but I obviously do like Pakistanis as well. Must be because you are both similar but hate to admit it!:argh:

@el-Hasani

Talking about people to people relations:

I know two Arabs. One was a programmer that worked in my team up until late last year, he went back to the KSA, it was a massive loss for us.

Another is a dude that I play basketball with, guy's 6'8'' with a 7'0''++ arm span, can never get a rebound against him.

LOL. Sorry to hear about that. The Indians I have known were also good people and I always enjoyed their food whenever they invited me to their houses. Here in Copenhagen I eat at an Indian restaurant owned by people from Kerala. A nice bunch.

Indians will always see Saudi as that country where that religion that conquered and subjugated them originated. Hence the dislike. That is actually one of the first things they bring up against Pakistanis.

Without even going into the merit of your statement (off topic and has been discussed to death on this forum) that's gross generalization. You might see such mentality among right wing Hindus but I can assure you that most Hindus in India are at the center. To give you an idea, of all the friends that I have made in my life since kindergarten I would classify only one as right winger.

Saudi grows:

Major crops include cereals (wheat, sorghum, barley and millet), vegetables (tomato, watermelon, eggplant, potato, cucumber and onions), fruits (date-palm, citrus and grapes) and forage crops (alfalfa).

Fruit-trees

Date-palms, grapes, citrus, figs and peaches constitute the major fruit-trees in Saudi Arabia. The cultivated area and production are relatively small, except for date-palms where more than 12 million trees are widely grown and surplus production is exported every year.

According to FAO, Saudi only produces citrus, grapes, dates and melons....

I think the pix is very wrong: I see
Pitaya or dragon fruits, Nephelium lappaceum or rambutan, ...

So when the website you quoted wrote all these...my guess is they are imported and not locally produced :

The selection will include apples, oranges, grapes, lemons, watermelons, cantelopes, honey dews, limes, bananas, strawberries, kiwis, cherries, peaches, plums, apricots, pomengrate, pineapple, raspberries, blueberries, boysenberries, guava, lichies and so much more.

Agreed and confirm by personal knowledge Alhamdolillah
illiterate people think the entire coutnry is either concrete or desert wasteland and have no clue about places like Khamis, Najran and taif to name a few
Are you calling FAO illiterate?

Last edited:
An undying desire? Given the fact that here in PDF many Indian members keep giving me a poor attitude is worth noting.

Didn't you say that you're ready to love us all? Well, I appreciate the offer, but no thanks. I don't think KSA has nothing to do with it. It just is something natural - love usually occurs between wife and husband - unless you can give it to someone else, then that is not our problem.

Impossible.

I'm guessing you are referring to Dr. Al-Sudais? Here comes the details about his visit:

Mecca Imam's Visit To India: Some Observations - Analysis Eurasia Review

I'm positively sure that many of our Indian partners, and friends appreciate his visit, the Zamzam he brought.

Bhai, don't you think even for a second about intimidating me on this.

Every remark I made was mature and polite my dear, unlike the poorly immature attitude you've given here.

Bias? What's so bias about stating facts? Does being bias also include making " love " to other folks?

Could be true, could be not. Being immature isn't exclusive to Indians or Saudis solely. Thusly, such comments shouldn't have projected so much of an emotional knee-jerk reaction to it.

No insult intended to your country.

I don't see anything wrong in deserts though :lol:

LoLz.

Did the Saudi peaceful solution destroy Italy's strategy with its war on drugs as well ?

Did the Saudi peaceful solution ignite WW2 too ?

Did the Saudi peaceful solution skyrocket the rape rate in India as well?

Did the Saudi peaceful solution escalate the conformation between India and its war against Sikh, and Christian terrorism?

No body brought it up till you did. It isn't my problem you didn't like my response, if you don't like it, smash your head to the wall as much as it can take.

It's been nice talking to you, keep in touch.

:wave:

Yes, your undying desire, because it was none but you who started with the usual crap of "Oh may be Indians will still not like us"... if you can't comprehend what I wrote, then get educated - at some "school". And please do keep noting the attitude of Indians, the experience will come handy whenever you visit a non-Islamic country.

Cutting rest of your crap, my dear brother, Saudis did try their formula for peace between India and Pakistan. Did not work in India, but we are all witness to decades long peace process in Pakistan - 65,000 and counting. But we sure have experienced the spillover of the peace firsthand. So whenever a Saudi talks peace, you know very well you are the most deserving candidate for the attitude you encounter - not just from Indians, but from everyone who does not live in an Islamic country - that's about the entire civilized world.

By the way, there is indeed a whole big world out there, where the mere mention of love does not immediately bring a husband and wife in picture. Please keep your Saudi culture to yourself, you are only embarrassing yourself and your fellow Saudis.

There is a saying in central Saudi Arabia that says:
الهند هندك... إذا قلّ ما عندك
والشام شامك...إلا من الدّهر ضامك

Go to India if you have little means, and go to the Levant if time is tough. The original saying is actually more rhythmic than this poor translation!
We have one sending us to China to gain knowledge :ashamed:

No I am calling DDP illiterate
Which DDP:

DDP - Definition by AcronymFinder

@Talon

Well the point is/was that the photo was taken in KSA and that most of the fruits/vegetables seen there grow locally in KSA. People who have lived in KSA and who are not from there can confirm this. One already did so. @Irfan Baloch . The English data about agriculture in KSA is lacking and contradicting. Most of the sources are also old and not up to date besides KSA are often not giving out any information and mostly it is only on a provincial level. For instance you would not know that there were 14 million olive trees in Al-Jouf province alone by using English sources. At most only Arab News or Saudi Gazette would have told you about it since they are the only ones reporting such small provincial news on English language platforms.

Al-Jouf olive fest opens today | Kingdom | Saudi Gazette

95% of all those foods mentioned grow naturally in KSA or have been imported and now grow naturally in KSA.

The only fruits I am not sure about is that Pitaya fruit and Rambutan. But since KSA have tropical areas they might have imported them there for local production.

Pitaya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to this link they are grown in Israel and if they are grown in Israel next door then they are probably also grown in KSA at a small level at least.

G
@al-Hasani @Yzd Khalifa

When someone try to humiliate Arabs for being illiterate in science and eating lizards, you people should not become defensive.Your country has a low population which means that probability of a genius being born in Saudi is lower compared to a country with higher population ( even though chances of him succeeding is much higher due to higher resource available ) .A one-on-one dick measuring competition is would be detrimental to your arguments. Instead you people should take a " so what?" approach.

Contribution to science are not only direct; the one done by scientists and engineers but also by financers, people who partly finance advance science ( major financing is done by governments ) projects which by practically charity because their practical applications is too far away in future and their nature is usually of public researches.

When a Saudi finances a costly science project which is to be shut down due to fund crunch, he is contributing to advancement of science in his own way. An argument that Saudi's are rich useless person is an invalid as long as they are contributing to advancement of humanity.You should use that argument when someone points out lack of scientists in Saudi ( along with your usual current development in science line of attack ). It would be make your arguments stronger.

An example is funding provided by Saudi prince Turki-al-saud to Gravity Probe-B which is longest running science project in human history.

Watch ( 23 to 28 sec)

There are many other examples which i could not find atm.

Similarly in lizard eating Bedouin argument, instead of denying, you should take an aggressive line. A non-vegetarian may have a moral argument against killing for food but an argument about against type of meat is bereft of any moral moorings.

As long as you are consuming meat, you cannot call someone a barbarian for consuming different kind of meat.

Good article

Trying too much for making a point is a good sign

LOL. Sorry to hear about that. The Indians I have known were also good people and I always enjoyed their food whenever they invited me to their houses. Here in Copenhagen I eat at an Indian restaurant owned by people from Kerala. A nice bunch.

Whoops, spelt your name wrong, my bad.

Food, I swear, is probably the best thing that Indians export :P

@Talon

Well the point is/was that the photo was taken in KSA and that most of the fruits/vegetables seen there grow locally in KSA. People who have lived in KSA and who are not from there can confirm this. One already did so. @Irfan Baloch . The English data about agriculture in KSA is lacking and contradicting. Most of the sources are also old and not up to date besides KSA are often not giving out any information and mostly it is only on a provincial level. For instance you would not know that there were 14 million olive trees in Al-Jouf province alone by using English sources. At most only Arab News or Saudi Gazette would have told you about it since they are the only ones reporting such small provincial news on English language platforms.

Al-Jouf olive fest opens today | Kingdom | Saudi Gazette

95% of all those foods mentioned grow naturally in KSA or have been imported and now grow naturally in KSA.

The only fruits I am not sure about is that Pitaya fruit and Rambutan. But since KSA have tropical areas they might have imported them there for local production.

Pitaya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to this link they are grown in Israel and if they are grown in Israel next door then they are probably also grown in KSA at a small level at least.
@al-Hasani my surprise is solely due to the fact that I am a researcher in agriculture...and so far there has been no proper input of Saudi fruits in journal articles nor in FAO except what I quoted citrus, melons, figs, peaches, grapes dates, mangoes and mangosteens ...

My only question was how come 2013 report of FAO has no mention of the other fruits displayed? The picture shows more than that I mentioned...and def more than the 2 I recognized in the picture...

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom