What's new

Saudi Arabia, India sign military cooperation pact

No need to. Business is business. We as well want to have close and good relations with both Pakistan and India at the same time. It's all about business.

Business is not just business, your investments helps their economy which in turn helps their war capabilities. :pop:

lol It’s joke.

So why as he tried to destroy our development of the nuclear bomb with Pakistan.

Indians will always see Saudi as that country where that religion that conquered and subjugated them originated. Hence the dislike. That is actually one of the first things they bring up against Pakistanis.

Business is not just business, your investments helps their economy which in turn helps their war capabilities. :pop:

Indians will always see Saudi as that country where that religion that conquered and subjugated them originated. Hence the dislike. That is actually one of the first things they bring up against Pakistanis.

That's how the world is today. For good and bad. A big market like India cannot be ignored. What is worse in my eyes is that major Muslim countries such as Turkey have very close economic ties with a dwarf like Israel when that is not needed when they are a NATO member and can get Western technology from them as they have been given. Anyway not that I am going to complain about that since I do not believe in this current unity between Muslims anyway.

Well, business is business.

If KSA and Iran can have mutual business then I am all for it as well. If it helps both people then everybody is happy.

Well, India has nearly 200 million Muslims That's quite a lot. That's more than KSA, Iran and Turkey combined!

That's how the world is today. For good and bad. A big market like India cannot be ignored. What is worse in my eyes is that major Muslim countries such as Turkey have very close economic ties with a dwarf like Israel when that is not needed when they are a NATO member and can get technology from there as they have been given.

Well, business is business.

If KSA and Iran can have mutual business then I am all for it as well. It helps both people and everybody is happy.

Well, India has nearly 200 million Muslims That's quite a lot. That's more than KSA, Iran and Turkey combined!

Even Jordan and Egypt have ties with Israel, why you singling out the Turks? Forum wars continues lol? :lol:

Even Jordan and Egypt have ties with Israel, why you singling out the Turks? Forum wars continues lol? :lol:

Because Turkey is a NATO member and much stronger than small Jordan and Egypt that is in crisis. Besides both Egypt and Jordan are neighbors with Israel and have been at war with Israel. None of that is the case with Turkey.

Trade ties are much bigger between Turkey and Israel than those two countries.

Just an example. I don't believe in this Muslim unity anyway currently.

So with that in mind (and countless of other examples) then we of course cannot and should not ignore a big market like India.

We have had 5000 year old ties with India. Mostly only cordial. Why change that?

Hugs and kisses all around :3

What's all the controversy about?

There is no controversy at all bro. At least not from those that are actually involved in this deal and cooperation (KSA and India).

We still maintain relatively warm ties with the US despite China being our biggest trading partner. It's all about business and Arabs have mastered this for centuries better than most others. Even to this very day.

My experience with Indians tells me that they are, generally, easygoing people. I am not judging by seeing the Indian community in Saudi Arabia (which is fairly big), but by seeing them abroad. While they do have resentment against Muslims, they appear to be pragmatic and don’t necessarily hold too much grudges every day in the calendar, or at least they don’t exhibit these grudges the way others do.

lol , some saudi members were super excited about this :D

in any sort the only country in the world who saudis didnt buy ammunition and military stuff from is trinidad and tubago
thats a lie
no body buys from Trinidad. why Single out KSA over that?
we are begging them to buy our JF-17 which they might do out of pity for us as they got top of the line choices already

Military cooperation might be Naval in nature because Americans want to outsource the Sea lane policing to Indians and KSA is just stepping in to stay in good books with the new Cop in the street.

My experience with Indians tells me that they are, generally, easygoing people. I am not judging by seeing the Indian community in Saudi Arabia (which is fairly big), but by seeing them abroad. While they do have resentment against Muslims, they appear to be pragmatic and don’t necessarily hold too much grudges every day in the calendar, or at least they don’t exhibit these grudges the way others do.

The resentment is not against Muslim Arabs since we are not at conflict with India.

Islam was first spread to India peacefully due to Arab Muslim merchants and sailors to Western and Southern India. Some settled and founded among the earliest mosques in the world! The same trade that existed 3400 years before the 7th century.
It's mostly aimed at Pakistanis, Bangladeshis and before that the Mongolian Mughals. Don't forget that the majority of the Indian diaspora in KSA are Muslims themselves and that India has nearly 200 million Muslims. It's not a coincidence that Indian pilgrims form among the biggest hajj quotas of all nationalities.

If you solely look from an "Islamic perspective" at this news then you will never be able to ignore the very big Muslim community in India.

And if you look past religion and all that you can also not ignore that India is one of the biggest markets around that it is worth to trade with. As we benefit a lot from this.

So our government is doing the right thing. No need to cut ties with India just because we have better ties with Pakistan.

Are you sure?

Yes, I am sure. All those fruits grow locally in KSA.:)

http://americanbedu.com/2009/06/27/saudi-arabia-–-best-place-for-fresh-fruit-drinks/

Agreed and confirm by personal knowledge Alhamdolillah
illiterate people think the entire coutnry is either concrete or desert wasteland and have no clue about places like Khamis, Najran and taif to name a few

Well, I tried to change that false image by making 1-2 threads about olive oil production (that is native to the Northern Provinces of KSA that are sometimes considered part of the historical Levant that they border), the agriculture etc.

KSA could learn A LOT from Israel in terms of agriculture and how not to be wasteful with water etc. There is enough potential to make KSA self-sufficient in terms of agriculture. Nearly as long as the population is not growing "rapidly" as in the last few decades. The right techniques, care and learning how to use resources in the right way must be implemented. All that is lacking.

Unfortunately Saudi Arabians are one of the most wasteful people on earth.
We throw among the most food away, use among the most electricity of all, wasteful with our water etc.

Also nobody wants to be a farmer. That's why mostly foreigners work in that business despite there being nearly 1 million farms in KSA. Even the rice that the Eastern Province was once famous for regionally is a dying trade.

Due to mismanagment, lack of interest and funds, wastefulness etc.
This video shows this very well.

@el-Hasani

Talking about people to people relations:

I know two Arabs. One was a programmer that worked in my team up until late last year, he went back to the KSA, it was a massive loss for us.

Another is a dude that I play basketball with, guy's 6'8'' with a 7'0''++ arm span, can never get a rebound against him.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom