What's new

Saudi Arabia, India sign military cooperation pact

No need to. Business is business. We as well want to have close and good relations with both Pakistan and India at the same time. It's all about business.

India has good relations, with Iran and Israel. The hope is that, these will not be expected to be put in the backburner because of improvement of relations with SA. The same holds true, we expect Iran and Israel to understand we will do business with SA. Where SA has an advantage, over Iran and Israel, is at the people to people level. There is an Indian diaspora, which works in SA. This creates goodwill in the population, which neither Iran nor Israel can create overnight.

The objective, I think, is to increase trade and build cordial relations and work together in the areas of counter terrorism.

Beyond this, I find little areas of commonality. Primarily, due to different areas of focus. Current Saudi policy, I think and I may be wrong, is tuned towards Iran. India will not want to be pulled into that dispute. Neither do we have a great interest in getting involved in Syria (which again is linked to Iran).

What will happen, is that India will try to bring down the price of crude by pitting Iran against SA. How, this will be managed is something only the FO can explain, but believe me this will happen.

The 'undying desire' to be liked by Indians came out of none

An undying desire? Given the fact that here in PDF many Indian members keep giving me a poor attitude is worth noting.

calling for husbands and wives the moment you hear of the word "love" only the Saudi way.

Didn't you say that you're ready to love us all? Well, I appreciate the offer, but no thanks. I don't think KSA has nothing to do with it. It just is something natural - love usually occurs between wife and husband - unless you can give it to someone else, then that is not our problem.

think you have forgotten the uninvited visit of the Imam of your Grand Mosque who came running to Delhi with bottles filled with zam-zam water

Impossible.

I'm guessing you are referring to Dr. Al-Sudais? Here comes the details about his visit:

Mecca Imam's Visit To India: Some Observations - Analysis Eurasia Review

Dr Abdul Rahman Al-Sudais, the Chief Imam of the Grand Mosque in Mecca, the holiest shrine of Muslim world visited India (March 24-28, 2011) at the invitation arranged by Arsad Madani, President of a faction of Jamiat Ulema-e-Hind, Muslim organisations and institutions like Darul Uloom Deoband and its Ulema front Jamiat-Ulema-e-Hind, Jamaat-e-Islami Hind and its student front Student Islamic Organisation of India, Ahle Hadees and. a government-facilitated Islamic Community Centre – India Islamic Cultural Centre. The visit was indeed organised in a “royal fashion” by these institutions.

I'm positively sure that many of our Indian partners, and friends appreciate his visit, the Zamzam he brought.

And an internet Saudi warrior here talking about maturity... oh the level of irony :rolleyes:

Bhai, don't you think even for a second about intimidating me on this.

Every remark I made was mature and polite my dear, unlike the poorly immature attitude you've given here.

And of course, the moment anyone discards bias, he/she instantly becomes "immature and uncivilized" in the eyes of Saudis.

Bias? What's so bias about stating facts? Does being bias also include making " love " to other folks?

Well, civilization dawned in India, and not in the desert, so you can harp all that to your fellow countrymen. Won't work here. :)

Could be true, could be not. Being immature isn't exclusive to Indians or Saudis solely. Thusly, such comments shouldn't have projected so much of an emotional knee-jerk reaction to it.

No insult intended to your country.

I don't see anything wrong in deserts though :lol:

And finally, the peaceful solution - The Saudi solution has already brought shitload of peace to Pakistan and Afghanistan...

LoLz.

Did the Saudi peaceful solution destroy Italy's strategy with its war on drugs as well ?

Did the Saudi peaceful solution ignite WW2 too ?

Did the Saudi peaceful solution skyrocket the rape rate in India as well?

Did the Saudi peaceful solution escalate the conformation between India and its war against Sikh, and Christian terrorism?

spare the rest of the world, please, our definition of peace is completely different from yours :lol:

No body brought it up till you did. It isn't my problem you didn't like my response, if you don't like it, smash your head to the wall as much as it can take.

It's been nice talking to you, keep in touch.

:wave:

The 'undying desire' to be liked by Indians came out of none, but only you, so you can reserve your cheap wits for those who follow your way of thinking - calling for husbands and wives the moment you hear of the word "love" only the Saudi way.

You may call me typical anything, but let me tell you - a typical Saudi is the one who changes his stance at the first sight of glitter. I think you have forgotten the uninvited visit of the Imam of your Grand Mosque who came running to Delhi with bottles filled with zam-zam water. And an internet Saudi warrior here talking about maturity... oh the level of irony :rolleyes:

And of course, the moment anyone discards bias, he/she instantly becomes "immature and uncivilized" in the eyes of Saudis. Well, civilization dawned in India, and not in the desert, so you can harp all that to your fellow countrymen. Won't work here. :)

And finally, the peaceful solution - The Saudi solution has already brought shitload of peace to Pakistan and Afghanistan... spare the rest of the world, please, our definition of peace is completely different from yours :lol:

No matter what happens, the Indians won't like us :lol:

This became crystal clear after reading many interesting posts.
This is a Pakistani Defense Forum . It in-turn attracts people with right wing /Pro Hindutva / anti Muslim/ anti Pakistan attitudes .The sample of users here cannot be extrapolated to General Indian population . However sometimes even center/left wingers get suspicious of Saudi alliance with Pakistan and some of our disgruntled Indian Muslims brothers that get funds from private entities based in UAE / KSA and then indulge in terrorist attacks in India. I believe in Past few Years there is an increase in govt to govt cooperation between countries and that has in fact lead to arrest of some those people in middle east involved in those activities .

Another thing people here are exposed to western press which often protrays KSA and UAE in a bad light as people who are extremists , who stone women etc. Indian press is neutral to middle east .I would like to add that I too had a negative opinion of KSA before coming to the forum . I thought along the lines that since Pakistan being a Muslim country hates India ,KSA being a muslim country would have a similar hatred toward us. But after having interacted and reading the posts from a few folks like you Yazeed , That opinion has changed to a larger extent .

Please keep up the good work and do not harbor a negative opinion about India, ignore a few users who talk bad about Ksa . After all you cannot destroy hatred with hatred. Peace :-):-)

I can't say anything about this place. Chacoozz are watching. :D

All you need to know is that, this ugly looking hilly area is very dangerous and most of its parts have not seen civilian footsteps for a very long time.

All righty o O

They must have chosen it to do something wicked then ..:pop:

I do not understand, some users from India here are complete crazy or they just like to troll . This forum serves as a platform for people to people connections which in-turn extrapolates to how a another country views ours. I remember that Chinese dragon guy used to speak so highly of India . Indian users by needless trolling and criticism completely turned his opinion 180 degree. :agree::agree::-)

lol , some saudi members were super excited about this :D

in any sort the only country in the world who saudis didnt buy ammunition and military stuff from is trinidad and tubago

i pray for those guys in T&T so that they can also make some money by selling arms to saudi arabia

no offence intended here in any sort .

Well, Pakistan is a close ally since it's birth (1947) and a fellow Muslim nation that we also have had a 5000 year old history with, cultural exchange and obviously trade. As evident from the nearly 5000 year old Dilmun civilization in Eastern KSA and Bahrain that was a trading partner with the Indus Valley Civilization just across the Arabian Sea. So no chance of KSA and Pakistan ever attacking each other.

China? Too far away. China is currently our biggest trading partner and the biggest trading partner of the GCC. Ancient ties as well and friendly ties. Never been at conflict.

Bangladesh? Fellow Muslim country with ancient ties as well. Arab Muslims and other traders spread Islam in Bangladesh or settled there. Anyway it is located far away and no conflict is foreseeable.

The only neighbors that we can potentially, one day, have any conflict with is Israel, Iran and Iraq. 1 of them we border directly, the other (Israel) can be seen with the barren eye from Haql in KSA in the Gulf of Aqaba. Iran is obviously across the Gulf.

Yes, that's the blessing of being an Peninsula. Makes life easier and then we got plenty of tropical coastlines and beaches all around us, LOL. Love the sea.:)

Iran and KSA are not likely to ever go into direct war against each other. I see the likelihood of that as close to zero, if not zero.
It will be as it is now, ie proxy war and low level conflict.
Sometimes with periods more intense than other periods. I'd say it is rather tense at the moment.
But direct military confrontation? No. I dont think so.

lol , some saudi members were super excited about this :D

in any sort the only country in the world who saudis didnt buy ammunition and military stuff from is trinidad and tubago

i pray for those guys in T&T so that they can also make some money by selling arms to saudi arabia

no offence intended here in any sort .

None taken.

India is willing to buy Iranian oil for a less price, others like Russia - which is willing to sell Iranian oil like hers - will trade oil for food.

Come back when you can run a maintenance on the MiGs. :lol:

No matter what happens, the Indians won't like us :lol:

This became crystal clear after reading many interesting posts.

While a lot of Indians may have a negative view about Arabs in general and Saudis in particular, the kind of hatred you attract from your neighbors and supposed friend may make India one of the most pro-Saudi country ,west of Malacca.:lol:

But why should we fight against India? Our relations for the past 5000 years have been nothing more than peaceful. Based on cultural exchange and trade most of all. Beneficial trade for both regions.

I don't see why India should want to invade the Arabian Peninsula or why any Arab country on the Arabian Peninsula (the only region in the Arab world that "borders" India) would want to do such a thing.

Anyway we cannot invade India. Too big and too populous and our army is much smaller and weaker.
Baseless idea IMO.

While India does not have means or motive to engage in War and vice-versa, it would be imprudent if you do not have a contingency plan for a conflict.

Indian naval aviation itself is larger than whole air force of your primary adversary.

On Topic:

Next government in India would be formed by BJP which is a centre-right party. Don't know how Saudi's would react to that:(.

Improving relations with Saudi Arabia is one of the few good things that this godforsaken congress party has done in past five years

Well, Pakistan is a close ally since it's birth (1947) and a fellow Muslim nation that we also have had a 5000 year old history with, cultural exchange and obviously trade. As evident from the nearly 5000 year old Dilmun civilization in Eastern KSA and Bahrain that was a trading partner with the Indus Valley Civilization just across the Arabian Sea. So no chance of KSA and Pakistan ever attacking each other.

China? Too far away. China is currently our biggest trading partner and the biggest trading partner of the GCC. Ancient ties as well and friendly ties. Never been at conflict.

Bangladesh? Fellow Muslim country with ancient ties as well. Arab Muslims and other traders spread Islam in Bangladesh or settled there. Anyway it is located far away and no conflict is foreseeable.

The only neighbors that we can potentially, one day, have any conflict with is Israel, Iran and Iraq. 1 of them we border directly, the other (Israel) can be seen with the barren eye from Haql in KSA in the Gulf of Aqaba. Iran is obviously across the Gulf.

Yes, that's the blessing of being an Peninsula. Makes life easier and then we got plenty of tropical coastlines and beaches all around us, LOL. Love the sea.:)

@al-Hasani

An interesting video regarding Indian Ocean trade

Last edited:
Come back when you can run a maintenance on the MiGs.

man , please when it comes to technology and science dont make jokes :lol:

comparing saudi and iran is toooo heavy :lol:

love your nationalism though :lol:

India is willing to buy Iranian oil for a less price, others like Russia - which is willing to sell Iranian oil like hers - will trade oil for food.
we are capable of harvesting our own food :lol:

after all , it rains here in iran unlike saudi :lol:

:lol:

Last edited:
man , please when it comes to technology and science dont make jokes :lol:

comparing saudi and iran is toooo heavy :lol:

love your nationalism though :lol:

we are capable of harvesting our own food :lol:

after all , it rains here in iran unlike saudi :lol:

:lol:

Is this Azeri and Kurd back to trolling again after your numerous bans? Still obsessed about KSA?

KSA has plenty of tropical areas (whole southern provinces and parts of Hijaz) and rice is also growing in the Eastern Province. We have agricultural areas the size of some countries. No need to mention that coffee, tea, banana, pineapple etc. is growing naturally. None of that is growing in Iran.

Local KSA fruits:

Oh, by far most of Iran is arid.

‘Iran suffering from severe drought’ - Tehran Times

The water threat in Iran - Al-Monitor: the Pulse of the Middle East

Drought and desertification in Iran

Anyway this news is not about Iran is it?

@Aeronaut please make sure that this thread is free from trolls and that it sticks to the topic.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom