What's new

Saudi Arabia, India sign military cooperation pact

Honestly, none of our nations here (China, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, etc) have any chance of getting into any kind of direct conflict with Saudi Arabia.

So the more cooperation the better.

Plus, the GCC has some seriously awesome military hardware. :smokin: Which is great for them since they don't really have direct "land borders" with any of their enemy/rival nations, they don't have to worry about a land attack. And their military budgets are huge as well, so the GCC don't really have much to worry about.

Well, Pakistan is a close ally since it's birth (1947) and a fellow Muslim nation that we also have had a 5000 year old history with, cultural exchange and obviously trade. As evident from the nearly 5000 year old Dilmun civilization in Eastern KSA and Bahrain that was a trading partner with the Indus Valley Civilization just across the Arabian Sea. So no chance of KSA and Pakistan ever attacking each other.

China? Too far away. China is currently our biggest trading partner and the biggest trading partner of the GCC. Ancient ties as well and friendly ties. Never been at conflict.

Bangladesh? Fellow Muslim country with ancient ties as well. Arab Muslims and other traders spread Islam in Bangladesh or settled there. Anyway it is located far away and no conflict is foreseeable.

The only neighbors that we can potentially, one day, have any conflict with is Israel, Iran and Iraq. 1 of them we border directly, the other (Israel) can be seen with the barren eye from Haql in KSA in the Gulf of Aqaba. Iran is obviously across the Gulf.

Yes, that's the blessing of being an Peninsula. Makes life easier and then we got plenty of tropical coastlines and beaches all around us, LOL. Love the sea.:)

Yes, that's the blessing of being an Peninsula. Makes life easier and then we got plenty of tropical coastlines and beaches all around us, LOL. Love the sea.:)

Yep, it's a great strategic position. :D

And with Saudi's enormous defence budget (maybe bigger than the rest of the region combined) you guys can afford to sit back and hammer your enemies from range, which is the kind of fight which benefits the one with the larger defence budget.

No messy ground warfare like we had to do against the USA during the Korean War.

Yep, it's a great strategic position. :D

And with Saudi's enormous defence budget (maybe bigger than the rest of the region combined) you guys can afford to sit back and hammer your enemies from range, which is the kind of fight which benefits the one with the larger defence budget.

No messy ground warfare like we had to do against the USA during the Korean War. Or like we might have to do again in the future, if someone is crazy enough to try fighting us on land again.

I seriously don't see or hope for any wars involving KSA. I also hope that China and India can work something out. We need a strong Asia. A bit tired of the Western dominance. It should end now. Time for Asia to rule again for a few thousands of years.:)

But someone said something about whether Indians would like Saudis now...

Liking someone is one thing, loving him is another.

...oh wait! It's the same ID, it is you who said it just a few minutes back :lol:

You might need to check out the definition of the word love, and the word like at this point. I just hope it won't take a nation of a 1.2 billion of you to find out the difference. We aren't you husbands to make out a love for us. :omghaha:

Typical Saudi.

It is you, a typical individual, with a typical mindset, and above all with a typical ego :lol:

Indians don't like or dislike even Pakistanis, then what is the worth of Arabians?

This shows how civilized the average immature Indian is.

With all the mutually exchanged hostile sentiments between both of you, I have to take a sharp disagreement with you on that.

And as far as "peaceful solution" is concerned... the whole wide world knows better lol Man, avoid extending your purview in the fields where you stand on the lowest of rungs.

You asked me about changing my stance on Kashmir, and I gave you an answer. It isn't my problem that you don't like my answer. If you don't like it then you can pound salt.

I'm not in a position to negotiate with you to change it, just as much as I'm not in a position to stand on the lowest on bottom rung on this ladder.

But someone said something about whether Indians would like Saudis now...

...oh wait! It's the same ID, it is you who said it just a few minutes back :lol:

Typical Saudi.

Indians don't like or dislike even Pakistanis, then what is the worth of Arabians?

And as far as "peaceful solution" by Saudis is concerned... the whole world knows better lol

Saudi Arabia-India ties on upswing

1393439052534651700.jpg

ENHANCED COOPERATION: Crown Prince Salman and Indian Vice President Hamid Ansari witness the signing of defense agreement by State Minister for Foreign Affairs Nizar Madani, left, and Indian Minister of State for Defense Jitendra Singh, right. (SPA)
JEDDAH: P.K. ABDUL GHAFOUR

Published — Thursday 27 February 2014

Last update 27 February 2014 4:29 am

Saudi-Indian political and business ties are expected to reach new heights with the three-day state visit of Crown Prince Salman, deputy premier and minister of defense, analysts said, adding that the royal visit would pave the way for greater cooperation between the two Asian economic giants, especially in energy, IT and industry.
“The Indian business community is excited over the crown prince’s visit and they believe it will bring a lot of opportunities for both sides,” said Abdul Rahman Al-Rabeeah, president of the Saudi-Indian Business Council.
Speaking to Arab News by telephone from New Delhi, Al-Rabeeah said a large number of Saudi businessmen have arrived in New Delhi for talks with their Indian counterparts. “We are exploring opportunities in all business sectors, especially in energy, IT and industry. We are also looking for Indian expertise to develop small and medium enterprises,” he added.
Al-Rabeeah, a prominent Saudi businessman, highlighted the significance of Prince Salman’s visit. “This is a very valuable visit for both countries. The crown prince’s delegation includes senior Cabinet members and business leaders. This is a golden chance for Indian businesses to make use of the huge investment opportunities in Saudi Arabia,” he said.

Al-Rabeeah said many leading Indian companies are interested in investing in the Kingdom and establish joint ventures. Saudi Arabia is offering investment opportunities worth $1 trillion to foreign companies, especially in the key sectors of oil and gas, petrochemicals, railways, telecom, electricity and desalination.
Siddeek Ahmed, CMD of the Alkhobar-based Eram Group underscored the importance of Prince Salman’s visit, saying it would strengthen the longstanding historic and friendly relations between the two countries.
“Saudi Aramco and SABIC have plans to invest more in India and this will invigorate the country’s investment climate,” Ahmed told Arab News. Indian companies specialized in oil and gas and construction have a lot of opportunities in Saudi Arabia, he pointed out.
Indian officials and business circles, meanwhile, disclosed New Delhi’s plan to import more oil and gas from Saudi Arabia, which currently supplies about one-fifth of India’s energy requirements. India imports 700,000 barrels of crude from the Kingdom daily, they said, adding that Indian refineries prefer the high-quality Saudi crude.
Cooperation in oil and gas and petrochemicals will figure high on the agenda of Saudi-Indian talks in New Delhi, the officials said. “A number of Indian oil companies have expressed their desire to increase their imports from Saudi Arabia,” one official said.
Eram chief Ahmed said the new gas discoveries in the Red Sea, near the Saudi city of Tabuk, will help the Kingdom export more high-quality gas to India. He said the arrival of more Indian companies to the Kingdom would create job opportunities for both Saudis and Indians. He expected the royal visit would lead to greater Indian participation in Saudi Arabia’s railway expansion projects.

Saudi-India ties on upswing | Arab News — Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.

I seriously don't see or hope for any wars involving KSA. I also hope that China and India can work something out. We need a strong Asia. A bit tired of the Western dominance. It should end now. Time for Asia to rule again for a few thousands of years.:)

Totally agree. :tup:

I am anti-war myself.

It is great peace of mind though, to have a great strategic location like that. :lock: :D

And well, India must choose - and quickly without pretending - between us (GCC) and Israel with Mullahs Iran.

No need to. Business is business. We as well want to have close and good relations with both Pakistan and India at the same time. It's all about business.

Great pragmatist ideology, I love it. :enjoy:

(We try to do the same thing whenever possible, we do roaring business with everyone, even countries like Japan).

No need to. Business is business. We as well want to have close and good relations with both Pakistan and India at the same time. It's all about business.

lol It’s joke.

So why as he tried to destroy our development of the nuclear bomb with Pakistan.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom