What's new

Saudi Arabia, India sign military cooperation pact

Yet there is no exploration in KSA aside from very few incidents. It's Qatar that is giving most of the bad publicity to the ME. That is why we need to annex it one day. Sooner rather than later.

The 2.8 million strong Indian diaspora in KSA are very well off in general. You should really speak with Indians that have actually lived and worked in KSA.
The negative perception is due to lack of knowledge and ignorance. That's why I am in favor of better trade and social relation.

Man hows been the winters in KSA? Any updates on the other threads !!!

It was snowing in the Northern provinces in December and January. Otherwise normal temperatures in the North. Not very warm. Riyadh has had 15-25 °C temperatures during the day for the past 3 months or so. Only in the north there is really cold and in all the mountainous regions. Of course compared to Indian standards the "winters" in Riyadh and elsewhere are "cold" or at least chilly. Anyway the "winters" in Riyadh are obviously not the winters must people in the world think about (Siberia like Winter:lol:)

Only areas in the Southern provinces of KSA and parts of Hijaz retain the warm weather all year around. Especially Makkah and Jeddah.

Hope everything is doing well!

Had this visit to India and the sign of this defense treaty been scheduled before the visit to Pakistan?

Months ago. The agreements were mutually reached at a time where India's military attaché paid a visit to the Crown in Riyadh.

I ask this because I find hard to believe that Saudi Arabia would further strengthen it's military ties with Pakistan's major foe, India if the visit to Pakistan had gone well

Similar agreements with India where signed in 2006-2009. Nothing of these agreements have a thing to do with Pakistan.

I think Pakistan refused sth the kingdom had asked it to like providing FSA with arms, which made it turn to India.

Not really. And India is neutral on Syria.

@Yzd Khalifa

Had this visit to India and the sign of this defense treaty been scheduled before the visit to Pakistan?
I ask this because I find it hard to believe that Saudi Arabia would further strengthen it's military ties with Pakistan's major foe, India, if the visit to Pakistan had gone well. I think Pakistan refused sth the kingdom had asked it to like providing FSA with arms, which made it turn to India.

Thanks for that information bro. May I ask where you are from in India or your family?

How about Gujarat btw? Situated on the same Western side of India. Must have ancient ties too with the ME - mainly Arabian Peninsula,

Pakistan's founder Muhammad Ali Jinnah was apparently of Gujarati ancestry. Seems like a very hot place.

Arabs in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Months ago. The agreements were mutually reached at a time where India's military attaché paid a visit to the Crown in Riyadh.

Similar agreements with India where signed in 2006-2009. Nothing of these agreements have a thing to do with Pakistan.

Not really. And India is neutral on Syria.
If so, then Pakistan is a great ally indeed as it's acting fine with India-KSA growing relations, it trusts the kingdom. Histroy provres that both PA and KSA can be relied on and trusted.

In India

In India, Sayyids of Hadramawt (who originated mainly from the Arabian Peninsula and the Persian Gulf) gained widespread fame.[23]

The Sayyid population in India is distributed. The total population of Sayyids in India is
7,017,000, the largest populations being those of Uttar Pradesh (1,493,000), Maharashtra (1,108,000), Karnataka (766,000), Andhra Pradesh (727,000), Rajasthan (497,000), Bihar (419,000), West Bengal (372,000), Madhya Pradesh (307,000), Gujarat (245,000), and Tamil Nadu (206,000).[20][24] Sayyids are also found in the North-Eastern state of Assam, where locally they are also referred to as Dawans.[25][26]

Sayyid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dawoodi Bohra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gujarati Shaikh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

;)

Last edited:
I don't hate Arabs. I have some Arab friends. My best friend is a Brazilian of partial Lebanese descent. I merely dislike institutionalize racism wherever it exists.

Never sought to buy or manufactured weapons from any body. All competent Intl agencies will go though the black market.

Saudis seeking Arms from india to supply the FSA??? Not sure if indians are willing to antagonize their long time friend Russia and Iran.

But lets just wait and see. Anything's possible in today's world.

India does support the Syrian Gov't. And due to their natural foreign policy, they won't give a fuss about what the Russians or the Iranians think about what India does.

@anonymus @Cherokee @BLACKEAGLE

I don't hate Arabs. I have some Arab friends but I dislike institutionalize racism wherever it exists. My best friend is a Brazilian of partial Lebanese descent.

Yes, about 5-10% of Latin America is of Arab origins. The Latin American population is 600 million. The Arab diaspora in Brazil is the biggest. About 10 million Brazilians of Arab descent (paternal). Plenty more partial obviously. 5% of the Brazilian population. Arabs in Latin America have been one of the most successful communities in Latin America. Dozens of Latin American presidents (8 I think) were of Arab origins and dozens of successful businessmen. Including the world's richest man. Carlos Slim. A few others are Shakira (itself an Arabic word), Salma Hayek etc.

Fair enough then I don't see any reason for you to generalize the second largest ethnic group in the world. I like Indians and I do not know any of my friends, relatives etc. who dislike them. We look positive at them. As mostly educated, humble and friendly people. Open and hard-working as well. There are many similarities as well. Ties with the ME, primarily the Arabian Peninsula and India, as I have stated a few times already, are 5000 years old and during the Indian Ocean trade that lasted for about half a millennium (biggest trade in the world back then) the relations were extremely warm and close.

I can tell you that many people in Yemen, Oman etc. owned their living standards and sometimes life to this trade and vice versa. When the name India or Indians were named people instantly thought positively due to those reasons I mentioned. Contrary to when the word Portuguese was mentioned for instance. So as I said there is no need for us Arabs to make India an enemy at all when looking at history and all the other issues. I for once do not regard India as an enemy and probably never will.

Oh, and I love Indian cuisine as well.

Last edited:
Overt & covert enemies, officiating their love affair........ thank you for coming out of the closet........ :D

What's up Wa-Beez! 8-)

If so, then Pakistan is a great ally indeed as it's acting fine with India-KSA growing relations, it trusts the kingdom. Histroy provres that both PA and KSA can be relied on and trusted.

You might want to go trough @Aeronaut's post as well as @Pakistanisage's in this thread.

Pakistan is always consulted at first hand. This is the reason why the Saudi delegation didn't head to India after leaving Pakistan, instead they went to Japan.

Overt & covert enemies, officiating their love affair........ thank you for coming out of the closet........ :D

What's up Wa-Beez! 8-)
Trolololololololololo.

Let's plot on taking Nawaz down.

You havent even recognised Israel and you are talking about cooperation with them??
And what cooperation with Iran you are talking about??
Our business... :coffee:

As for recognizing Israel....this deal has led the pavement for it...

Yes, about 5-10% of Latin America is of Arab origins. The Latin American population is 600 million. The Arab diaspora in Brazil is the biggest. About 10 million Brazilians of Arab descent (paternal). Plenty more partial obviously. 5% of the Brazilian population. Arabs in Latin America have been one of the most successful communities in Latin America. Dozens of Latin American presidents (8 I think) were of Arab origins and dozens of successful businessmen. Including the world's richest man. Carlos Slim. A few others are Shakira (itself an Arabic word), Salma Hayek etc.

Fair enough then I don't see any reason for you to generalize the second largest ethnic group in the world. I like Indians and I do not know any of my friends, relatives etc. who dislike them. We look positive at them. As mostly educated, humble and friendly people. Open and hard-working as well. There are many similarities as well. Ties with the ME, primarily the Arabian Peninsula and India, as I have stated a few times already, are 5000 years old and during the Indian Ocean trade that lasted for about half a millennium (biggest trade in the world back then) the relations were extremely warm and close.

I can tell you that many people in Yemen, Oman etc. owned their living standards and sometimes life to this trade and vice versa. When the name India or Indians were named people instantly thought positively due to those reasons I mentioned. Contrary to when the word Portuguese was mentioned for instance. So as I said there is no need for us Arabs to make India an enemy at all when looking at history and all the other issues. I for once do not regard India as an enemy and probably never will.

Oh, and I love Indian cuisine as well.

I find it interesting that so many Arabs immigrated to brazil in the 19th and 20tg centuries. What was the cause of this large scale migration?

I find it interesting that so many Arabs immigrated to brazil in the 19th and 20tg centuries. What was the cause of this large scale migration?

Due to a lot of different reasons. Poverty and Ottoman oppression against the Christian Arab population mainly. For instance it was very common for young boys to get drafted into the Ottoman Army against their will so families often sent them abroad and later migrated with them. They had neglected the area. So many Muslims migrated as well. Many later converted to Christianity to fit in.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom