What's new

Saudi Arabia, India sign military cooperation pact

Forgive me for my ignorance but does the checkered pattern on Saudi head-wear have a meaning to it or is it simply fashion?

It all depends on level of similarity.

Pakistanis ( barring pashtuns and Baloch ) are identical to Punjabi and to certain extent Rajasthani's and Gujarati's on Indian side, but if quantitatively, if you are counting similarities with Iran and Afghanistan, then at that diluted level, Pakistani's would be similar to whole of North India.

As i have said, i have no problem with Pakistan trying to assert non-religious identity. I was just pointing out that it would be a tough sell.

A combination of religious, ancestral, & historical identities is need to unite people in my opinion. Punjabis & Kashmiris are two ethnic groups that live in both India & Pakistan. Of course, places like Punjab have faced lots of migrations in modern times. However, all of these ethnic groups are of Indo-Iranian stock, & this includes Pashtuns & Kashmiris too except that they have evolved in to unique ethnicities today. Genetics, cultural, & historical accounts are enough to clarify that. There has been mixture in modern times & some other races live in Pakistan as well, but they speak our languages, follow our culture, etc. As a whole, we are far closer to each other than we are to people from Afghanistan or India. The people that are closest to us in India happen to live in the regions bordering Pakistan, & that includes some of the main regions of North India like Jammu & Kashmir & Indian Punjab. Those people provided they are of a pure racial stock are generally the same. Other regions like Rajasthan & Gujarat are also right next to Pakistan, but lots of those similarities result from the spread of culture, migrations over the centuries, & some assimilation here & there. For the most part, all of the major Pakistani ethnic groups originate from the Indo-Iranian stock & their evolution in to unique ethnic groups today has a lot to do with the chieftains & later kingdoms that evolved from them with their own distinct culture & evolving languages. People that were once Indo-Iranian or called "Aryans" in their own tongues evolved in to the ethnic groups like Kashmiris that we find today. Of course, some Indo-Iranians did migrate to other portions of the northern regions of the Sub-Continent too. If you have an interest in history, than I think that you should be aware of most of these facts. Combine that with geographical & historical causes for unity that I mentioned earlier & it becomes obvious our identity is based on far more than religion. No, it shouldn't be difficult for Pakistanis to unite on their multiple similarities which are visible by even simple observation. Besides, all Pakistanis generally consider each other as their own regardless of religion. I have never come across a single Pakistani that felt that the only reason we are one & the same is religion. Anyway, I typed this post out quite fast so I don't really have time to go in to all of the details. Having discussed this issue many times earlier on, my previous posts on this subject are much better because I discussed various different points such as our haplogroups, the Kurgan model, etc.

@Yzd Khalifa

Had this visit to India and the sign of this defense treaty been scheduled before the visit to Pakistan?
I ask this because I find it hard to believe that Saudi Arabia would further strengthen it's military ties with Pakistan's major foe, India, if the visit to Pakistan had gone well. I think Pakistan refused sth the kingdom had asked it to like providing FSA with arms, which made it turn to India.

Last edited:
Every day we hear stories of arabic brutality and barbarity toward Indians in arabic lands and here arabics are pretending to be friends of indians? I would rather that you show your true face. If Arabs want to make an enemy out of 1/5th of humanity then be my guest.

Last edited:
I have updated the post that you quoted with multiple improvements so you might want to revise the updated text. Ah ok, I understood that you didn't imply that we should completely sever ties, but it's good that you cleared up any confusion. I agree that this news could in aid in helping Pakistanis understand the importance of pursuing their own goals, but I still think we should avoid using it as propaganda for the reasons I outlined earlier. This issue can be easily resolved by education, critical thinking & reasoning, alongside eradicating any religious misconceptions. Besides, it would be better to allow people to come to the conclusion that they need to look after their own interests for themselves through education & reasoning, rather than disappoint them with news like this. Of course, that does not imply that such news won't play its part on its own, but it shouldn't be systematically advocated as propaganda. Yeah, we should strengthen our relationship with all of our current friends & make new friends too. There is absolutely no harm in helping out non-Muslim countries either so our assistance shouldn't be limited to Islamic nations. Besides, that assistance could be beneficial in the future if the receiving country returns the favor. Before doing any of that though, we need to resolve problems like corruption, terrorism, & bad governance. Pakistan can only progress when it's stable, & certain cultural changes like encouraging innovation, creativity, & entrepreneurship would be extremely beneficial too. Yeah, a country can't be trusted simply because it happens to be predominantly Muslim, but I think the people already realize that. Think of the issues we have with Afghanistan at both the political & societal level in spite of the fact that it is a Muslim majority nation. I gave solutions to all the social ills in my previous posts too. We need to take a number of steps like reducing illiteracy, providing education, fixing the judicial system, etc. Yeah, nationalism will aid in eradicating a few problems too alongside arousing unity & patriotism. Nationalism does tend to rise when a community realizes it must deal with its problems alone, but there are other ways to create nationalistic sentiment too. Those methods include an emphasis on history, culture, unity, et cetera to strengthen any wavering bonds within the populace.
Just highlight that part of my post and i will edit it.

Every day we hear stories of arabic brutality and barbarity toward Indians in arabic lands and here arabics are pretending to be friends of indians? I would rather that you show your true face. If Arabs want to make an enemy out of 1/5th of humanity then be my guest.

Yes double faced trash indeed

Great Saudi strategy. Signing strategic cooperation pacts with India while sending money to madrassahs to brainwash Pakistanis into killing each other.:pissed:

@Yzd Khalifa

Had this visit to India and the sign of this defense treaty been scheduled before the visit to Pakistan?
I ask this because I find it hard to believe that Saudi Arabia would further strengthen it's military ties with Pakistan's major foe, India, if the visit to Pakistan had gone well. I think Pakistan refused sth the kingdom had asked it to like providing FSA with arms, which made it turn to India.

Saudis seeking Arms from india to supply the FSA??? Not sure if indians are willing to antagonize their long time friend Russia and Iran.

But lets just wait and see. Anything's possible in today's world.

You again? The one constantly crying about Arabs? Did an Arab beat you up? Indians are not a homogenous group of people. Just a nationality. Not an ethnic group. For your information Arabs happen to be the second biggest ethnic group in the world after the Han Chinese. Besides nobody hates Indians here. Do you see any Arab user hating on Indians here? Because I don't. For your information the relations between the ME, primarily the Arabian Peninsula, and India are 5000 years old and have only been cordial.
Trade and cultural links between ancient Arabia and ancient India date back to third millennium BC.[1]

Heptulla, Nejma. Indo-West Asian relations: the Nehru era. Allied Publishers, 1991.ISBN9788170233404.

The 2.8 million strong Indian community in KSA is one of the biggest Indian diasporas in the world and they are not complaining about anything.

Indeed there are probably a considerable portion of Arabs that dislike Indians for various reasons but likewise there are a considerable portion of Indians, such as you, that dislike Arabs.

Yes double faced trash indeed

Gypsies are not allowed in this thread spreading nonsense. This news does not concern your country.

As a Gypsy traveler I just found the thread where I settled at.

Good, then find another Gypsy caravan to camp in. Short out your KSA obsession in the meantime as well. I can pay for the doctor/psychologist.

It's not a National policy man, everywhere the rich and powerful exploits the weaker section of the society. Let us develop trade relations so that we can ensure such exploitation doesn't happen.
Misunderstanding can only be resolved through better relation not bitter relation.

Good, then find another Gypsy caravan to camp in. Short out your KSA obsession in the meantime as well. I can pay for the doctor/psychologist.
Man hows been the winters in KSA? Any updates on the other threads !!!

It's not a National policy man, everywhere the rich and powerful exploits the weaker section of the society. Let us develop trade relations so that we can ensure such exploitation doesn't happen.
Misunderstanding can only be resolved through better relation not bitter relation.

Yet there is no exploration in KSA aside from very few incidents. It's Qatar that is giving most of the bad publicity to the ME. That is why we need to annex it one day. Sooner rather than later.

The 2.8 million strong Indian diaspora in KSA are very well off in general. You should really speak with Indians that have actually lived and worked in KSA.

I am only replying to your usual trolling in KSA threads and the "trash" comment. I have nothing against any people and like Spanish Gitano Music.

But then don't talk about Khalifa's Iran obsession when you have a KSA obsession. Just like a few other Iranian users.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom