What's new

Saudi Arabia, India sign military cooperation pact

yup and maybe a couple more masjids + madrassahs in India cant harm anyone
We will not allow any madrassaas in India.

Well this cooperation just made it their prob when Pak signs with Iran and Israel!
You havent even recognised Israel and you are talking about cooperation with them??
And what cooperation with Iran you are talking about??

Holly sh!t! That's looks like a lot of money :rofl:

@anonymus

India has planned $1 trillion in Infrastructure Investment in next five years with at lest 50% of it coming from private sector.Given the underutilized potential of Infrastructure sector of India, there are opportunities to make large profit by investing.

We shouldn't aim to break or ruin ties with any country at all unless we are sure that they aim to harm us. Besides, I already told you why using this development as propaganda is unacceptable. The one point that I agree with you on is that some Pakistanis do have an unnatural infatuation with other Muslim countries & in some cases even people. However, I don't believe that they would be stupid enough to endanger our national well being or security for their flawed perception of Muslim unity. The harm that we have observed so far is that Pakistanis might put another Muslim majority country's problem above their own resulting in the severing of ties with someone else that might or could have been useful to Pakistan in the future. The other problems that you have described result from the misunderstanding of religion, & a lack of patriotism & nationalism coupled with let's say a bit of an inferiority complex. All of these issues can be resolved by eradicating religious misconceptions, monitoring religious courses, materials, preachers, fatwas, etc.

What some people fail to realize is that just because Saudi Arabia happens to contain the 2 holiest sites of Islam does not imply that the country itself is holy or that the people are to be respected simply on account of the fact that Islam as we know it originated there. Nations & people in general earn respect by their character, accomplishments, ambitions, et cetera & this implies that respect is given to those that deserve it regardless of their religious or ethnic affiliations. Similarly, the other issues that the country faces must be eliminated by reducing illiteracy, educating the populace, & arousing patriotic & nationalistic feelings alongside getting people to become proud of their own origins, heritage, & history. Don't forget about the importance of good governance either, which can largely eliminate many of the problems we face. Corruption, tax evasion, & the absence of justice are just an example of problems resulting from bad governance & mismanagement. If these issues aren't resolved then the population's resentment for the government & national institutions will continue to rise. That's what leads to chaos in a country. As far as Islam is concerned, the religion has no issue with countries serving their own interests just as long as we do not harm innocents or violate religious laws. Besides, a desire to protect religious sites is present among the followers of pretty much any religion. There is nothing wrong with that, & I doubt any community would tolerate that, but it should have no impact on people pursuing their own national interests.

I completely agree with most of what you have said above. However, i believe you might have misunderstood the 'propaganda' part of my post.

Now, what i meant by propaganda was not to break or ruin ties with any specific country, rather just to send a important message to the average Pakistani about the reality of geopolitics which is that every nation looks after its own interests and never puts the interests of another before its own. And thus, there is nothing wrong with Pakistan establishing/strengthening relations with Armenia, Serbia, Iran, and which ever else country we haven't recognized or soured our relations with for the sake of another.

There is a widespread misbelief that our so called Islamic brothers would always be there for us to provide us assistance in times of emergency, and this thought has left many in a false sense of comfort.

All of the other social ills you mentioned are major problems which can only be solved through concerted effort by a people aroused with Nationalism. And Nationalistic sentiments can only be aroused when the common Pakistani people realize that they have no one but each other to assist themselves out of their own misery.

99% post are offtopic.

No, they are not.:)

India has planned $1 trillion in Infrastructure Investment in next five years with at lest 50% of it coming from private sector.Given the underutilized potential of Infrastructure sector of India, there are opportunities to make large profit by investing.

Saudi Arabia-India ties on upswing

1393439052534651700.jpg

ENHANCED COOPERATION: Crown Prince Salman and Indian Vice President Hamid Ansari witness the signing of defense agreement by State Minister for Foreign Affairs Nizar Madani, left, and Indian Minister of State for Defense Jitendra Singh, right. (SPA)
JEDDAH: P.K. ABDUL GHAFOUR

Published — Thursday 27 February 2014

Last update 27 February 2014 4:29 am

Saudi-Indian political and business ties are expected to reach new heights with the three-day state visit of Crown Prince Salman, deputy premier and minister of defense, analysts said, adding that the royal visit would pave the way for greater cooperation between the two Asian economic giants, especially in energy, IT and industry.
“The Indian business community is excited over the crown prince’s visit and they believe it will bring a lot of opportunities for both sides,” said Abdul Rahman Al-Rabeeah, president of the Saudi-Indian Business Council.
Speaking to Arab News by telephone from New Delhi, Al-Rabeeah said a large number of Saudi businessmen have arrived in New Delhi for talks with their Indian counterparts. “We are exploring opportunities in all business sectors, especially in energy, IT and industry. We are also looking for Indian expertise to develop small and medium enterprises,” he added.
Al-Rabeeah, a prominent Saudi businessman, highlighted the significance of Prince Salman’s visit. “This is a very valuable visit for both countries. The crown prince’s delegation includes senior Cabinet members and business leaders. This is a golden chance for Indian businesses to make use of the huge investment opportunities in Saudi Arabia,” he said.
Al-Rabeeah said many leading Indian companies are interested in investing in the Kingdom and establish joint ventures. Saudi Arabia is offering investment opportunities worth $1 trillion to foreign companies, especially in the key sectors of oil and gas, petrochemicals, railways, telecom, electricity and desalination.
Siddeek Ahmed, CMD of the Alkhobar-based Eram Group underscored the importance of Prince Salman’s visit, saying it would strengthen the longstanding historic and friendly relations between the two countries.
“Saudi Aramco and SABIC have plans to invest more in India and this will invigorate the country’s investment climate,” Ahmed told Arab News. Indian companies specialized in oil and gas and construction have a lot of opportunities in Saudi Arabia, he pointed out.
Indian officials and business circles, meanwhile, disclosed New Delhi’s plan to import more oil and gas from Saudi Arabia, which currently supplies about one-fifth of India’s energy requirements. India imports 700,000 barrels of crude from the Kingdom daily, they said, adding that Indian refineries prefer the high-quality Saudi crude.
Cooperation in oil and gas and petrochemicals will figure high on the agenda of Saudi-Indian talks in New Delhi, the officials said. “A number of Indian oil companies have expressed their desire to increase their imports from Saudi Arabia,” one official said.
Eram chief Ahmed said the new gas discoveries in the Red Sea, near the Saudi city of Tabuk, will help the Kingdom export more high-quality gas to India. He said the arrival of more Indian companies to the Kingdom would create job opportunities for both Saudis and Indians. He expected the royal visit would lead to greater Indian participation in Saudi Arabia’s railway expansion projects.

Saudi-India ties on upswing | Arab News — Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.

By favour, i meant that it would unite pakistanis, not that Indian occupation would be a favour.

Lol! Yeah, but unity like that tends to last only as long as there is an external threat. We have a significant basis for our unity apart from the commonly discussed religious basis. That includes historical, geographical, cultural, genetic, & linguistic factors. We need to build on those factors, & while Pakistanis are united, there is definitely room for improvement. Another thing that needs to be paid attention to is removing the feeling of neglect by the government in some provinces. However, that should change in the future seeing as the government is aware of the need for infrastructural development in some regions of the country.

Lol! Yeah, but unity like that tends to last only as long as there is an external threat. We have a significant basis for our unity apart from the commonly discussed religious basis. That includes historical, geographical, cultural, genetic, & linguistic factors. We need to build on those factors, & while Pakistanis are united, there is definitely room for improvement. Another thing that needs to be paid attention to is removing the feeling of neglect by the government in some provinces. However, that should change in the future seeing as the government is aware of the need for infrastructural development in some regions of the country.

But most of other basis you have within Pakistan,except religion are shared with India also.

I am not a supported of epic retard ideas like reunification but you would have a loooooooooooooooooooottttttttt of explanation to do to your population if you go down that road.

I completely agree with most of what you have said above. However, i believe you might have misunderstood the 'propaganda' part of my post.

Now, what i meant by propaganda was not to break or ruin ties with any specific country, rather just to send a important message to the average Pakistani about the reality of geopolitics which is that every nation looks after its own interests and never puts the interests of another before its own. And thus, there is nothing wrong with Pakistan establishing/strengthening relations with Armenia, Serbia, Iran, and which ever else country we haven't recognized or soured our relations with for the sake of another.

There is a widespread misbelief that our so called Islamic brothers would always be there for us to provide us assistance in times of emergency, and this thought has left many in a false sense of comfort.

All of the other social ills you mentioned are major problems which can only be solved through concerted effort by a people aroused with Nationalism. And Nationalistic sentiments can only be aroused when the common Pakistani people realize that they have no one but each other to assist themselves out of their own misery.

I have updated the post that you quoted with multiple improvements so you might want to revise the updated text. Ah ok, I understood that you didn't imply that we should completely sever ties, but it's good that you cleared up any confusion. I agree that this news could in aid in helping Pakistanis understand the importance of pursuing their own goals, but I still think we should avoid using it as propaganda for the reasons I outlined earlier. This issue can be easily resolved by education, critical thinking & reasoning, alongside eradicating any religious misconceptions. Besides, it would be better to allow people to come to the conclusion that they need to look after their own interests for themselves through education & reasoning, rather than disappoint them with news like this. Of course, that does not imply that such news won't play its part on its own, but it shouldn't be systematically advocated as propaganda. Yeah, we should strengthen our relationship with all of our current friends & make new friends too. There is absolutely no harm in helping out non-Muslim countries either so our assistance shouldn't be limited to Islamic nations. Besides, that assistance could be beneficial in the future if the receiving country returns the favor. Before doing any of that though, we need to resolve problems like corruption, terrorism, & bad governance. Pakistan can only progress when it's stable, & certain cultural changes like encouraging innovation, creativity, & entrepreneurship would be extremely beneficial too. Yeah, a country can't be trusted simply because it happens to be predominantly Muslim, but I think the people already realize that. Think of the issues we have with Afghanistan at both the political & societal level in spite of the fact that it is a Muslim majority nation. I gave solutions to all the social ills in my previous posts too. We need to take a number of steps like reducing illiteracy, providing education, fixing the judicial system, etc. Yeah, nationalism will aid in eradicating a few problems too alongside arousing unity & patriotism. Nationalism does tend to rise when a community realizes it must deal with its problems alone, but there are other ways to create nationalistic sentiment too. Those methods include an emphasis on history, culture, unity, et cetera to strengthen any wavering bonds within the populace.

Last edited:
But most of other basis you have within Pakistan,except religion are shared with India also.

I am not a supported of epic retard ideas like reunification but you would have a loooooooooooooooooooottttttttt of explanation to do to your population if you go down that road.

Not exactly, India itself is too diverse with different regions' populations varying in terms of race, cultures, & languages. Pakistanis on the other hand do share a common Indo-Iranian heritage in the form of genetics, cultures, languages, et cetera alongside ancient civilizations such as the Harappans & others. That provides us a basis for geographical, cultural, & ancestral unity. Of course some people are extremely biased & pretend that we have nothing besides religion to support our cause of an independent nation, & that's another thing I always found quite offensive. Religion plays its role in our society too because the people do tend to be somewhat religiously conservative. No Pakistani supports retarded ideas like reunification either because we are both separate nations with a lot of our own history. There are a few aspects of our history that we share with the north western regions of India, but we also share portions of our history with Afghanistan & even Iran. In the end what matters is that Pakistanis share far more with each other in terms of their Indo-Iranian heritage, genetics, cultures, languages, & shared geographical historical civilizations than they do with any of their neighbors. It's true that it will take time to educate our populace on our history, but it will definitely be worth it in the long run. I have discussed this topic in a lot more detail previously, but I think these reasons should be more than enough to demonstrate my point of Pakistan & India being separate nations.

Last edited:
Similar landscapes, located next to the coast and a somewhat similar latitude although Kerala is more southernly located. No wonder.:)

Goa is located at a somewhat similar latitude as the southernmost Arabian Peninsula. More fitting comparison but are both regions not similar?

I mean Goa and Kerala?

Which language do you guys speak in Kerala and Goa?

In Kerala mainly Malayalam is spoken & in Goa it is mainly Konkani.

Not exactly, India itself is too diverse with different regions' populations varying in terms of race, cultures, & languages. Pakistanis on the other hand do share a common Indo-Iranian heritage in the form of genetics, cultures, languages, et cetera alongside ancient civilizations such as the Harappans & others. That provides us a basis for geographical, cultural, & ancestral unity. Of course some people are extremely biased & pretend that we have nothing besides religion to support our cause of an independent nation, & that's another thing I always found quite offensive. Religion plays its role in our society too because the people do tend to be somewhat religiously conservative. No Pakistani supports retarded ideas like reunification either because we are both separate nations with a lot of our own history. There are a few aspects of our history that we share with the north western regions of India, but we also share portions of our history with Afghanistan & even Iran. In the end what matters is that Pakistanis share far more with each other in terms of their Indo-Iranian heritage, genetics, cultures, languages, & shared geographical historical civilizations than they do with any of their neighbors. It's true that it will take time to educate our populace on our history, but it will definitely be worth it in the long run. I have discussed this topic in a lot more detail previously, but I think these reasons should be more than enough to demonstrate my point of Pakistan & India being separate nations.

It all depends on level of similarity.

Pakistanis ( barring pashtuns and Baloch ) are identical to Punjabi and to certain extent Rajasthani's and Gujarati's on Indian side, but if quantitatively, if you are counting similarities with Iran and Afghanistan, then at that diluted level, Pakistani's would be similar to whole of North India.

As i have said, i have no problem with Pakistan trying to assert non-religious identity. I was just pointing out that it would be a tough sell.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom