What's new

Saudi Arabia, India sign military cooperation pact

Then for starters you have no idea what you're talking about but because it doesn't matter what you did or did not do 5000 years ago - I don't care !

I don't plan on cutting ties with KSA or any other Muslim Country; certainly cutting ties with Afghanistan would be welcoming but not because of the Indian angle !

I simply welcome this - it adds a bit of realism in the mind's eye of the average Pakistani & by extension the Pakistani Policy Maker has a lot more leeway now after a series of such developments & its refreshing that the next time Saudi or Iranian funded proxies who are creating havoc in most of the Arab World, in North Africa, most certainly in Syria & in Pakistan & Afghanistan - We'd have a lot more public support when that romanticized notion of our Muslim Brethren who'd look out for us & who'd do no wrong to us gets blown to bits & the next time some Saudi Prince comes & asks us for our support on Syria or on greater Military-to-Military ties we'd be in a much better position to respectfully refuse !

So I welcome this....the fact that henceforth Saudi Arabia & Iran become little more than Sovereign Petrol Pumps for us because after all who better them to teach us that at the end of the day - there is no Ummah there is only Business !

What? So you don't agree with the fact that the Indian Continent is a related continent despite its diversity!?

Anyway this is not important. Whether it is or not. What is importing is that my region and people have had ancient ties with the people of that region, including large parts of what is now India!

Well for you those 5000 year old ties and recent ones have no meaning but for me they have. Because it is a living PROOF and TESTIMONY that the people of my region (ME and the Arabian Peninsula especially) have had cordial, ancient and warm ties with the Indian Subcontinent and especially the Western and Southern regions of India and its people!

LOL. What's going on? I never advocated for any Ummah since it does not exist between states. At most only among the common Joe. Like me and you. States are the biggest business' out there and in the year 2014 the world moves around money like it mostly always did.

As I said Pakistan is an independent country and can do whatever it wants to do. I have no say in this.

@T-123456 @Cherokee @Ayush

guys plz have patience with @Armstrong ....he failed in two papers of ACCA last year same date same day...so in remembrance of those bad times,hes little off:(
I dont get you,
First,be nice he is Bigboned.
Second,be nice he is sensitive.
And now,be nice he failed a test.
He calls you a Fat Hippo and still we have to be nice to him?:what:

In Today's world everything will be multipolar . Time for uni-polar world is getting over slowly .

Exactly.

The GCC is the living embodiment of that. Allies with USA for nearly a century all while China has been our biggest trading partner for a considerable time period and all while we have close ties with India and most of the Muslim world and the most important Muslim countries out there. I am not even mentioning the Arab world where we have excellent ties with every single Arab country out there outside of Syria, Iraq and to a smaller degree Northern Sudan.

If we used some of the users logic here we had to chose between USA and the Muslim world and between China and India.

That would be silly and a stupidity. Not how the world works today. That is at least not how we want to conduct business.

I dont get you,
First,be nice he is Bigboned.
Second,be nice he is sensitive.
And now,be nice he failed a test.
He calls you a Fat Hippo and still we have to be nice to him?:what:
we should make him pay.

What? So you don't agree with the fact that the Indian Continent is a related continent despite its diversity!

Well for you those 5000 year old ties and recent ones have no meaning but for me they have. Because it is a living PROOF and TESTIMONY that the people of my region (ME and the Arabian Peninsula especially) have had cordial, ancient and warm ties with the Indian Subcontinent and especially the Wester and Southern regions of India!

What does it matter to me ? I never disputed that simply the extrapolation of a Historic & Geographic India onto the State of India !

I found that bit as absurd as saying that Columbus found the United States of America when he reached the shores of the Americas !

LOL. What's going on? I never advocated for any Ummah since it does not exist between states. At most only among the common Joe. Like me and you. States are the biggest business' out there and in the year 2014 the world moves around money like it mostly always did.

As I said Pakistan is an independent country and can do whatever it wants to do. I have no say in this.

Nor did I quote you or any Arab if you memory serves ! :unsure:

I quoted a 'Pakistani' namely @KingMamba because he like myself would understand where I'm coming from & would agree with me that if the 'world truly moves around money' than what the foOk were we doing in every single Arab-Israeli War ? Why the foOk have we struck up a perpetual enmity with Israel & haven't even recognized a country that we had no beef whatsoever with ? Why the foOk have we allowed Arab funded establishments & Iranian Cultural Centers to pop up all over Pakistan ? Why the foOk do we care whether Syria does or does not burn or whether Gaddaffi was a tyrant or a benevolent despot ? And when if not now would these recurrent developments not open our eyes that Tribalism & Business are the currency that the world runs around not anything else ? Why do we then consider Muslim Brotherhood when our Brothers would sell us for a wooden nickle if they could Profit from it ?

Why the foOk am I even talking to you when all of this was a conversation between two Pakistanis ?

Exactly.

The GCC is the living embodiment of that. Allies with USA for nearly a century all while China has been our biggest trading partner for a considerable time period and all while we have close ties with India and most of the Muslim world and the most important Muslim countries out there. I am not even mentioning the Arab world where we have excellent ties with every single Arab country out there outside of Syria, Iraq and to a smaller degree Northern Sudan.

India is not even a muslim country ( Secular , at least tries its best to be ) but it's trade relations with KSA/GCC/China/Iran/North Africa surpasses many countries ;) . Its all economics and it's not hard to understand unless one is seeing from religiously Tinted glasses .

Congratulations to India and Saudi Arabia in strengthening their Military and Trade relations. May the two nations continue on this path of mutually beneficial cooperation.

Saudi strengthening military relations with the nation which has butchered (and continues to do so) thousands of Kashmiris since 1948. I wonder what the pro-Saudi crowd thinks of this?

@Aeronaut @BATMAN @Pakistanisage @salman108

And others:

@DESERT FIGHTER @p(-)0ENiX @Oscar @WebMaster @KingMamba

@Talon

Well, those "groups" of fruits are by far the most popular ones. So that is not exactly going against my main point at all.

You also have more or less every fleshy fruit in KSA be it true berry, pepo, hesperidium, aggregate fruit, multiple fruit and accessory fruit.

I am not sure if nuts are "fruits" but there are plenty of those in KSA as well.

Add to that coffee and tea, peppers etc. and I think that we are good going.

Indeed that dragon fruit you spotted seems not to grow locally in KSA or even seem to have been introduced despite there being tropical areas in KSA.

Other than that I can't think of many fruits, outside of the very rare tropical fruits that are confined to some regions or countries, that are not growing in KSA either naturally (this includes ancient imports of fruits that are not originally from KSA) or due to recent imports.

OMG @al-Hasani bro ...this is becoming slightly funny...You are repeating all I said...

1) I have no doubt Saudi grows fruits...hydrophonics is 1 way and large scale farms with tons of irrigation works is another way...
2) I have no doubt they grow some sub tropical fruits
3) peop fruit is a category that covers melons
4) no one uses the word hesperidium it can literally be called citrus fruits
5) accessory fruits is another way to call false fruits...esp fruits which have been derived from more than just the ovary of the plant and it consists of more than 1 classification of fruits like aggregate fruits...

As for aggregate fruits in Saudi Arabia...I am not sure...the most common aggregate is strawberry....I am not sure if the strawberry farm in Saudi has been opened or not but a 2013 news stated:

After India, GRA is planning this month to start growing Japanese strawberries in Saudi Arabia

Other aggregate fruits include raspberry and blackberry....I am not sure of their production in Saudi Arabia so I wont say anything about that...I think I read there is 1 raspberry farm somewhere in N. Saudi Arabia..

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom