What's new

Saudi Arabia gives Israel clear skies to attack Iranian nuclear sites

B@$tard leadership.. no Arab on ground would support that but these morons on the top are doomed. May they be doomed further and die hungry thirsty and afraid. Khuda Laenat Kare unpe aor unki is ghatya soch pe.

Friend/Brother,

Source of the news, its credibility and objective are very important, especially in these testing time since Media psy-opps help to shape events more than other weapons. With the continuous attacking- rhetorics & phony desparation, ISROs have been actually pushing U.S to attack Iran IMHO as common sense tells us that no one barks for years to inform his enemy before attack if his real intention is to do so but if his motto is to fight by the last man of others then the reason for such action is perceivable. By years of observation and analysis, it could be assured that ISROs don't have the balls to attack Iran and it wants U.S to finish Mullahs off. It also seems like the dissemination of a sensational story then contradict it are just testing U.S's pulse on this issue...

Saudi Arabia: We will not give Israel air corridor for Iran strike

Prince Mohammed bin Nawaf refutes Times of London report saying Saudi Arabia practiced standing down its anti-aircraft systems to allow an Israeli bomb run.
By Haaretz Service
Tags: Israel news Iran nuclear Saudi Arabia

Saudi Arabia would not allow Israeli bombers to pass through its airspace en route to a possible strike of Iran's nuclear facilities, a member of the Saudi royal family said Saturday, denying an earlier Times of London report.

Satellite image of the Iranian nuclear reactor at Bushehr, January 3, 2002

Photo by: Getty

Earlier Saturday, the Times reported that Saudi Arabia has practiced standing down its anti-aircraft systems to allow Israeli warplanes passage on their way to attack Iran's nuclear installations, adding that the Saudis have allocated a narrow corridor of airspace in the north of the country.

Prince Mohammed bin Nawaf, the Saudi envoy to the U.K. speaking to the London-based Arab daily Asharq al-Awsat, denied that report, saying such a move "would be against the policy adopted and followed by the Kingdom."

According to Asharq al-Awsat report, bin Nawaf reiterated the Saudi Arabia's rejection of any violation of its territories or airspace, adding that it would be "illogical to allow the Israeli occupying force, with whom Saudi Arabia has no relations whatsoever, to use its land and airspace."

Earlier, the Times quoted an unnamed U.S. defense source as saying that "the Saudis have given their permission for the Israelis to pass over and they will look the other way.

"They have already done tests to make sure their own jets aren’t scrambled and no one gets shot down. This has all been done with the agreement of the [U.S.] State Department."

Once the Israelis had passed, the kingdom’s air defenses would return to full alert, the Times said.

Despite tensions between them, Israel and Saudi Arabia share a mutual hostility to Iran.

"We all know this. We will let them [the Israelis] through and see nothing,” the Times quoted a Saudi government source as saying.

According to the report, the four main targets for an Israeli raid on Iran would be uranium enrichment facilities at Natanz and Qom, a gas storage development at Isfahan and a heavy-water reactor at Arak.

Secondary targets may include a Russian-built light water reactor at Bushehr, which could produce weapons-grade plutonium when complete.

Even with midair refueling, the targets would be as the far edge of Israeli bombers' range at a distance of some 2,250km. An attack would likely involve several waves of aircraft, possibly crossing Jordan, northern Saudi Arabia and Iraq.

Aircraft attacking Bushehr, on the Gulf coast, could swing beneath Kuwait to strike from the southwest, the Times said.

Passing over Iraq would require at least tacit consent to the raid from the United States, whose troops are occupying the country. So far, the Obama Administration has refused this.

On Wednesday the United Nations passed a fourth round of sanctions against Iran in an attempt to force it to stop enriching uranium. But immediately after the UN vote, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad vowed the nuclear program would continue.

Israel hailed the vote – but said sanctions were not enough and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has refused to rule out a raid.

Netanyahu's predecessor, Ehud Olmert, is believed to have held secret meetings with high-ranking Saudi officials over Iran.

Saudi Arabia: We will not give Israel air corridor for Iran strike - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

As I stated earlier Thomas, I'll answer your previous post when I have more time...

@Pasban

Either the article is true or it isn't. If it is true then you can be sure that Israel and Saudi Arabia believe it is possible for the attack to happen. As far as Russia letting Iran know ahead of time, you mean the Russia that has voted for sanctions? at one time Iran would have never believed that Russia would do that.

Of course I cannot verify the truthfulness of the article. As for the Russian government, Iran does not expect this from them in any case. As for attack, my assertion is that Israel's ability to take out Iran nuclear sites is very limited due to resources and survivability and not that it is impossible (being impracticable is a different matter). As to Iranian interception of aircraft, they will avoid it because they will likely not have the fuel to engage in such maneuvers. I also asserted that Israel would likely only target a few sites in Iran because its the only realistic chance of success.

I'm not trying to overstate or underestimate Israel's abilities. I think such a strike would be a very bad idea (though for different reasons than probably what you are thinking). I'm just trying to keep everything realistic.

With respect to Bushehr alone, a strike against a nuclear reactor, one which is very close to startup, charged with nuclear fuel would have disastrous effect upon the environment and not only in Iran. This for me signifies that with every minute, hour & day gone the probability of such an attack against Bushehr lowers. But then again, the reasoning of Israeli politicians in Tel-Aviv could be very different.

From an Israeli political perspective if Nethanyahu approves such an attack versus Iranian targets (incl. Bushehr), this will be a political defeat in the long run for he would be held responsible for any consequences resulting from such a strike. So in my opinion he will try to unite with the Kadima block of Z. Livni in order to share the political responsibility over all such endeavors before such an attack is considered feasible. In this manner an eventual unification of the ruling government with Kadima will be an unpleasant signal for Iran, but not necessarily an imminent attack still.

I have studied the possibility heavily and such a strike could cause a massive chain reaction of events in the region (though I personally think such a strike would cause the US more trouble than it would cause Israel). As for Iran's internal affairs, to put it bluntly, nothing unites Iranians like an encroachment upon their land regardless of who holds the seat. This would run contrary to US interests.

In regards to Iran's missile defenses. Iran signed the purchase agreement for the S300's how many years ago? and yet all we hear is Russia will still honor the agreement. I bet in another 3 years we still hear the same thing. That Russia will honor the agreement.......... Wake up! there is a reason Russia has not delivered them already.

The S-300 bit is very complicated, ranging from delays, to secret deliveries to already installed batteries depending on the sources and claimants. As such I do not count it in the equation at all. What is with the "Wake up" bit though? I personally expect nothing from Moscow and I am very certain Iran's military expects little out of it already hence their search for alternatives. I think you underestimate just how "awake" people are. The S-300 issue thus far is important for politics only and therein it lies alone.

The only Missiles Iran has currently that can actually have a 1/2 way decent chance of hitting an Israeli jet is the Tor M-1. And Iran has only a limited number of those. The rest are 70's vintage missiles that are so vulnerable to modern ECM as to be a joke.

This depends on a variety of factors from the composition of the Israeli strike force to the level and depth of Iranian countermeasures in the particular locality. Given recent movements, it is difficult to ascertain what assets are present in what location and what the level of defenses are present.

half part is very much true,but pak cant do anything

Pakistan can give accurate delivery systems to Iran to strike India and Israel. Iran is aware that India is aiding Israel's satellite launches for spying on it.

Pakistan can give accurate delivery systems to Iran to strike India and Israel. Iran is aware that India is aiding Israel's satellite launches for spying on it.
:lol::lol:IF Iran pays us and sends a satellite over to sriharikota we will launch it to:lol::lol::pop::pop::wave::wave:

:lol::lol:IF Iran pays us and sends a satellite over to sriharikota we will launch it to:lol::lol::pop::pop::wave::wave:

Israel will block Indian weapon deliveries if India launches a spy satellite for Iran to spy on Israel. Wake up probable you are sleeping while typing. Israel can also bug Indian weapons, if Inida tries to play too smart.

Israel will block Indian weapon deliveries if India launches a spy satellite for Iran to spy on Israel. Wake up probable you are sleeping while typing. Israel can also bug Indian weapons, if Inida tries to play too smart.
Its all in the economy if Iran can pay for it we will launch it there is nothing Israel can do other that breast beating:pop::pop::wave::wave:

so nice to know the same thing i think :smitten:

we should give few weapons to Afghanistan and make them strong :cheers:

Saudis might as well prepare to help with the raid itself as Iran will probably see the Saudi government just as responsible as Israel if Saudi air space is allowed.

I wonder if China sold any radars or air defenses to Iran? They have their own version of the S-300, the HQ-9/FD-2000.

FD-2000 / HQ-9 SAM - China's Strategic ?Game Changer?

well if you have money then we can launch your also :bunny:

we have big heart :smitten:

don't forget the propaganda war folks

This could either be

a) True, in which the Saudi Monarchy alongside its other bastard arab leaders would say bye bye, as the muslim world and arab street would finally get rid of them

b) a well made intelligence scheme as to set up S A against iran, and effectively have them destroy each other, and hence the only winner would be Israel, remember Iraq vs Iran and US vs Iraq

c) make Iran redeploy for this new "reality" and hence expose some of its tactics and capabilities. Just like a game of chess.

If you ask me, any military action by Israel and the US would be disastrous to all of us.
Iran is not stupid, they know that Israel apart from having a strong army, is a demoralized and fractured nation. It simply can't withstand losses.
Iran knows it is not alone. Any attack on Iran, would unleash a series of conflicts and attacks in the region. Any saudi or Gulf arab involvement would result in a Shia revolt, Saudis know for a fact that its Shia minority is trained in Iran for such an event.
Iraq, would be fractured.
The Palestinians would revolt.
Hezbollah would attack Israel from the north
Syria would initiate attacks on the Golan and the north east frontier
Egypt would descent into revolts and instability
any US involvement would invite attacks on its bases in the region
etc etc etc
It's going to be messy to say the least.

About the third time I read that in the last 2 years.
Saudi Arabia give nod to Israeli raid on Iran

SAUDIS WILL LET ISRAEL BOMB IRAN NUCLEAR SITE

and the most recent one Saudi Arabia gives Israel clear skies to attack Iranian nuclear sites

I think there is probably something to it.

One blogger put it this way:
"It’s Middle Eastern politics in microcosm. For all the Wahhabist invective towards al-Yahud, the Saudis are more afraid of being nuked by Iran in some insane Sunni/Shiite armaggedon than by Israel, and rightly so. So, just as the local Arab regimes demagogue Israeli nukes for show while worrying privately about Tehran, the Kingdom might lend the IAF some airspace and then lamely pretend afterwards that the incursion was unwanted. Question, though: Will anyone seriously believe their denial that they were involved? It probably won’t spare them some sort of Iranian reprisal, either overt or covert (via Hezbollah or a Quds Force operation inside S.A.), and it’s bound to draw the ire of the many Jew-hating fanatics in their clerical class. The only reason to deny, I assume, is to deprive Iran of a confession it could use to pressure other local Muslim regimes into isolating the Saudis as punishment — although even there, how likely it is that Sunni leaders will side with the great Shiite menace against Riyadh?"

India will buy from somewhere else...Israel is not giving aid to India. India pays top dollar for the weapon systems from Israel.

As another poster already said...Israel paid money for the launch of the spy satellite.

On topic..why would Israel use aircrafts..why not ballistic missiles?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom