What's new

Saudi Arabia Fourth Largest Defence Spender In 2013

dude i said you are all that, what is your problem then? looks like even yourself don't believe in what you say

So by stating commonly known facts that every idiot can google I don't believe in them? Do you even understand basic English?

Counter anything that I have written. Since it is impossible to counter commonly known facts the only thing you are left to do is your usual one-liners. Telling basically nothing.

"You are all that". Nice counter argument. LOL.

Just mind your own business.

Can't believe that KSA spends as much as Russia in its national defense.

This is incredible!
Russia spends over 90 bln, KSA - 57 bln.

The overall list:

USA (680 bln)
China (170 bln)
Russia (90 bln)
UK -- France -- KSA -- Japan (60 bln)
Germany -- India (45 bln)
Italy - Brazil - Korea (32 bln)

Better than pay'in $9 billions to Assad, another two for Hezbollah while Iranians are starving :lol: :D :rofl: :omghaha: :laugh:
i think you don't know that iran is the country north of persian gulf. i think you meant qatar and ksa which payed terrorists in syria.

If the Saudis aren't buying all this equipment for deterrence, I can't see for which reason else. I mean you have Syria, which the Saudis consider to be their number one foreign policy priority, and reportedly even lobbied in France, Britain and the US to strike Syria in order to get rid of Assad, which they couldn't or wouldn't do it themselves.

Another thing, I can't see any significant development when it comes to self-sufficiency. The Saudis almost spend as much as the Russians on equipment, but the significant difference is that the Russians have their own industry, and the Saudis not.

If the Saudis aren't buying all this equipment for deterrence, I can't see for which reason else. I mean you have Syria, which the Saudis consider to be their number one foreign policy priority, and reportedly even lobbied in France, Britain and the US to strike Syria in order to get rid of Assad, which they couldn't or wouldn't do it themselves.

Without a resolution passed by the security council, no military option. Just as much as Iran won't be able to scramble its MiGs.

Another thing, I can't see any significant development when it comes to self-sufficiency. The Saudis almost spend as much as the Russians on equipment, but the significant difference is that the Russians have their own industry, and the Saudis not

Firstly, you might need to refer to my initial post.

Secondly, no country can have full sufficiency defense industries except the US and Russia. Here are some projects we ran:

Saudi's AEC to Develop F-15SA Sub-systems and AMRAAMs

Al-Salam Aerospace Industries Begin F-15SA wings production

Saudi Arabia unveils locally developed Gyro-Stablization system

Saudi PSATRI Inaugurates new Research Centers

Saker Family of Saudi UAVs

Saudi Arabia plans 1000 Military industry projects

Saudi Arabia Building a City Dedicated to Military Industry

Saudi Made Drone Showcased

3 Saudi Military UAVs Unveiled

UAE unveils AL-TARIQ Precision Guided Bombs Kit

AEC finishes upgrading all Tornado jets with indigenous systems

Sabic to build carbon fiber plant in Kingdom

Saudi Arabia, S.A Launch Defense Radars, Electronics Research Program

Saudi Advanced Electronics Company (The upcoming Defense Giant)

Saudi Arabia to Manufacture F-15SA Wings Locally

BAE Systems Saudi Arabia in ToT contract with Al-Salam and AEC

Saudi PanNesma signs JV with Rayethon

PSATRI signs ToT agreement with Italian PSA

UAE working on a 500Kg and 1000Kg variant of the Ybhon Xtreme JDAM

Joint UAE-Ukranian Helicopter project QUEST

Yabhon Xtreme. The UAE JDAM.

Middle East Propulsion Company (MEPC)

MADE IN UAE

i think you don't know that iran is the country north of persian gulf. i think you meant qatar and ksa which payed terrorists in syria.

So what? We took your Aircrafts down at a time where you had tens of jets. Same went with the terrorists attacks during Hajj, Bahrain, and so forth.

I expect nothing from Iran as long as the Kilo subs aren't upgraded, and without having a real Air Force. And even if they were, history proven that Iran is good for nothing.

Without a resolution passed by the security council, no military option. Just as much as Iran won't be able to scramble its MiGs.

Bullocks. Your country was lobbying the US to strike Syria even without a UNSC resolution. You have all the modern equipment there is, and you guys still aren't willing to use them. Why?

Secondly, no country can have full sufficiency defense industries except the US and Russia. Here are some projects we ran:

Not impressed. Like I said, come back when these developments occur: A significant increase in scientific output & Independent projects in stead of joint projects.

@Surenas

Why do you seriously care?

Nobody has yet intervened in Syria let alone Syria's neighbors. Why should KSA suddenly interfere? It's a political decision. Not a decision of being able to do it. Theoretically speaking USA could invade and interfere in every conflict on earth. But they nearly never do that for obvious reasons.

Interfering in Syria is simply not the trouble worth. The conflict is going to be won or lost on the ground. Not in the air.

Lastly what do you expect to happen if KSA did that? Do you think that Russia will look silently back? They are still crying about the covert support we gave to the Chechens that kicked their *** in the First Chechen War. They have literary pumped billions into Syria for no gain since Al-Asshead can't possibly rule a future Syria at most on loan for a few more years at worst.

Why does Iran not interfere directly by doing a land invasion?

Bullocks. Your country was lobbying the US to strike Syria even without a UNSC resolution. You have all the modern equipment there is, and you guys still aren't willing to use them. Why?

Not impressed. Like I said, come back when these developments occur: A significant increase in scientific output & Independent projects in stead of joint projects.

Bullocks. Your country was lobbying the US to strike Syria

That's a serious claim :woot: can I see where did you get this idea from?

You have all the modern equipment there is, and you guys still aren't willing to use them. Why?

I told you. When Iran scrambles its MiGs, there might be an exception to the current situation. Other than that, we don't live in a jungle. Launching an attack against another country is no less than violation of international law.

ToTs are JPs. But you know nothing obviously. :lol:

Russia spends over 90 bln, KSA - 57 bln.

The overall list:

USA (680 bln)
China (170 bln)
Russia (90 bln)
UK -- France -- KSA -- Japan (60 bln)
Germany -- India (45 bln)
Italy - Brazil - Korea (32 bln)

A considerable portion of it will meet the same fate as these:
Global: Saudi budget surplus to hit SR 349 bn in 2013 | Arab News — Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.

Anyway what's wrong with trying to convince USA to attack an enemy and let them do all the dirty work? Nothing to lose. Just clever politics. If it works then great if not then the status quo reminds. Until now no state has directly intervened outside the NEIGHBOR Israel that did 1-2 bombings that every idiot could conduct with that equipment and lack of counter.

Go for it Saudi arabia/GCC

The muslim world needs change and advancement and be able to defend itself

Planning for the future is a MUST, because you never know whats going to happen

The GCC can become one of the worlds most powerfull military forces if its plans properly, if it puts in a good and effective military structure

If Turkey, GCC, Egypt, Iran (yes Iran, are they not our muslim brothers to), Pakistan & Indonesia could form an alliance to support and help each other and the smaller muslim states think of the possibilities.

The GCC is moving in the right direction, they also need to invest in friendly states like Egypt or Pakistan, Indonesia

I know there have been recent talks and agreements but we need concrete investment and movement

The problem is idiots live in the past,,, Yes in the past the GCC used alot of foreign support, but times are changing and the gradual investment is showing

Looks like some more spending on the way.

The Wall Street Journal: BAE Agrees Saudi Jet Order Pricing

Defense company BAE Systems PLC said Wednesday that the U.K. and Saudi Arabia governments have agreed pricing terms relating to a long-standing agreement for the supply of Typhoon jets to the Middle Eastern country.
"Both governments have now agreed price escalation terms relating to the Typhoon aircraft under the Salam program and these have been reflected in contractual arrangements between the UKG [U.K. government] and BAE Systems," the company said.

"The terms of the agreement are broadly consistent with the group's prior trading outlook for 2013," it added.

BAE Chief Executive Ian King said: "This is an equitable outcome for all parties, I am pleased that we have been able to conclude this negotiation which builds on our long standing relationship with this much valued customer."

Countries in Mid East spends a lot on land & air forces. Except for Turkey & Iran none seems to have a decent navy. Navy is the one that projects power. All world powers have superb navy. The Brits have a minuscule army but a blue water navy.

Countries in Mid East spends a lot on land & air forces. Except for Turkey & Iran none seems to have a decent navy. Navy is the one that projects power. All world powers have superb navy. The Brits have a minuscule army but a blue water navy.

Israel, Egypt, Algeria have much superior navies compared to Iran's. But I agree, a long-standing navies are needed.

Tells you how inefficient saudis are and what ineffective their armed forces are.

Entirely dependent on foreign weapons..moreover, spending SO MUCH! yet no way near being one of the strongest militaries on planet...

Saudis have a long way to go

Tells you how inefficient saudis are and what ineffective their armed forces are.

Budgets can't determine the quality of the Armed Forces, otherwise, the Soviet could have managed to catch up with the US. What determines the quality of the Armed Forces is battle engagement.

Entirely dependent on foreign weapons..moreover, spending SO MUCH! yet no way near being one of the strongest militaries on planet...

Industrially speaking, we run local and internationally con-joined projects. We have no intention to introduce junk equipments just as much as India, Turkey, Malaysia, Singapore, and the UAE.

That isn't what your mother said.

Obviously, you aren't qualified enough to make such an assessment.

Back
Top Bottom