What's new

Saudi Arabia ends loan and oil supply to Pakistan over its criticism of OIC on Kashmir

India is the enemy

Hindus are the enemy

Hindutva extremist India is the main threat to the region

What use are these alliance's if our main enemy is not hurt

Alot of this episode is overblown internet sensationalism when you actually Wade through the information

But unlike the past PAKISTAN is not willing to accept simple placation of support,

The hindutva extremist Indian enemy needs to be targeted and it's time for these so called alliances to be of actual use

India is out of Afghanistan and being pushed out of Iran

We must push in GCC, Indonesia and south east asia and beyond

My take on it is, well, really hard to judge...

If our intentions towards Kashmir are that strong, that we'd be willing to break our ties with KSA could have major affect on our own people too.

KSA could become the next Kuwait for Pakistani's seeking job opportunities. Kuwait hasn't issued Employment Visas to Pakistani's in over a decade. There is great number of work force in the GCC, especially KSA.

And if things go from bad to worse, they may start treating us like Qatari's - meaning our people will only be issued Visas during Hajj.

Did the present Government really think this through? If not, we just gave the Opposition another reason to question their credibility. The Diesel-powered clan won't be happy.

I'm just worried that we go the distance all on our own, and then be left stranded by those who have been pushing us all along - for their own personal interest. It won't be for the first time.

Time to leave dead OIC ksa has no place in islam time to gather turks iran qatar malaysia and ask them to leave oic and create new platform KSA will loose its grip yemen will also join no one is happy with uae and ksa anymore time to do it in fast track we might get few probleums but for better future

And start new slogan hijaz should be free to visit for all muslim new oic decide the fate

If our intentions towards Kashmir are that strong, that we'd be willing to break our ties with KSA could have major affect on our own people too.

KSA could become the next Kuwait for Pakistani's seeking job opportunities. Kuwait hasn't issued Employment Visas to Pakistani's in over a decade. There is great number of work force in the GCC, especially KSA.

And if things go from bad to worse, they may start treating us like Qatari's - meaning our people will only be issued Visas during Hajj.

Did the present Government really think this through? If not, we just gave the Opposition another reason to question their credibility. The Diesel-powered clan won't be happy.

I'm just worried that we go the distance all on our own, and then be left stranded by those who have been pushing us all along - for their own personal interest. It won't be for the first time.
Actual issue is water, rivers from Kashmir. India constantly diverting rivers. Facing huge water shortage for seasonal crops. Plus, those who live in GCC knows well about Indian influence and investments. Don't want to go in detail, but in every sector of life we are way behind. Foreign policy is not drives through emotions. It's question of mutual economic interest now a days.

Good or bad relationship with the Saudis, those job opportunities for Pakistanis were going to end anyway as the Saudis are going to start employing their own and get rid of foreigners. That is inevitable:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....ls-employment-opportunities-a8187531.html?amp

Let CPEC flourish and let's give our own people jobs.

Just build the Iran pipeline already and be done with it.
Easier said than done.

Reminder: https://tribune.com.pk/story/2258477/senate-panel-chief-takes-notice-of-seizure-of-iranian-ship

I do not like Rehman Malik one bit but such development make sense given the sensitivity of the matter; Iranian oil and gas outflows are being "monitored."

Understand the bigger picture: https://en.radiofarda.com/a/with-hu...ran-s-exports-drop-dramatically/30694121.html

Being a neighboring country, it makes sense to tap Iran to our benefit but international pressures will create problems for [us] in this matter. WE need to proceed with caution in this matter for now.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Politics/In...s-support-for-Pakistan-as-Kashmir-tiff-widens
Nicely put.
If the 1 b usd loan was due , i don't see anything wrong in the Saudis calling it in. Unless the Pakistanis here expected it to become a grant ?
Their are 26 lakh Pakistanis working in saudi, with annual remittances of 24 b usd this year.
I feel Pakistan has come under Chinese pressure to coordinate on Kashmir by involving the oic.
Previously SA didn't really care much about Indian sensibilities. This is totally unexpected.

Back
Top Bottom