What's new

Saudi Arabia Cuts Ties With Iran

Kid, you have to be kidding or out of your mind. No disrespect. That's all I have to say. All of those people and countries that I mentioned have much older civilizations and cultures than Iran. That's a fact that every informed person knows about.

Iran itself has been heavily influenced by Arabs and numerous other conquerors. Look at your religion, language, alphabet etc. Today it's nothing like what it once was. Arabs are one of your biggest minorities too last time I saw. They are not recent arrivals either. I also wonder how many mixed with you? Along with your Turks and God knows how many other ethnic groups.

There is nothing called a pure race and modern-day Egyptians and other people of the region obviously have ancestral ties to their ancient ancestors. That's a fact. Likewise we retain numerous ancient indigenous customs and our Egyptian Arabic has a lot of indigenous words. Not to say the 10 million or so Cops that we have. They don't differ much from the rest of us outside of religion. Say all what you did in that post to an Egyptian and he will laugh at you.

You are just trolling because you did not like the facts that I mentioned. Your reply shows that you have no idea about what you are blabbering about so I will not engage in any conversation with you regarding this topic. This is off-topic too. You two medieval regimes can continue your fight.
Actually, the whole educated world will laugh at you by knowing what you think. It was recent attemts by recent Arab rulers that made you think as such. Saddam, for instance, for the first time tried to claim the Assyrian and Babylonian heritage in Iraq as their own (what a poor attempt). What you and possibly other Egyptians may think about themselves is the product of the so-called Egyptian nationalism is a relatively recent phenomenon, initiated (invented) in the contemporary era by some Egyptian leaders. As I pointed out earlier, your forefathers (from Arab invasion afterward) always considered themselves Arabs and not Egyptian, Egyptian identity was lost long ago. What you think of your nation is a product of poor effort by your leaders, which apparently has brainwashed your people as you told me that Egyptians "will laugh" at me saying these things. Tell me, what would your forefathers, say, in two centuries ago, call themselves if one asks them who are you? They would say "Arab", wouldn't day?
Of course no one is pure. And I didn't say Egyptians are pure Arab and Iranians are pure Iranian. I'm talking what's more important: identity. Again, Iran is the only nation that preserved its identity even after Arab and Mongol invasions: Iranian dynasties appeared two centuries after Arab invasion and restored governments with Iranian identity (e.g. Saffarid and Samanids). In fact, not just Iranian identity (unlike Egyptian or whatever) was not lost by Arab invasion, even Turks and the invading Mongols became Persianized, they spoke Persian, and their "Mongol" identity was lost in subsequent dynasties. (Timur and subsequent rulers of Mongol-origin)

Actually, the whole educated world will laugh at you by knowing what you think. It was recent attemts by recent Arab rulers that made you think as such. Saddam, for instance, for the first time tried to claim the Assyrian and Babylonian heritage in Iraq as their own (what a poor attempt). What you and possibly other Egyptians may think about themselves is the product of the so-called Egyptian nationalism is a relatively recent phenomenon, initiated (invented) in the contemporary era by some Egyptian leaders. As I pointed out earlier, your forefathers (from Arab invasion afterward) always considered themselves Arabs and not Egyptian, Egyptian identity was lost long ago. What you think of your nation is a product of poor effort by your leaders, which apparently has brainwashed your people as you told me that Egyptians "will laugh" at me saying these things. Tell me, what would your forefathers, say, in two centuries ago, call themselves if one asks them who are you? They would say "Arab", wouldn't day?
Of course no one is pure. And I didn't say Egyptians are pure Arab and Iranians are pure Iranian. I'm talking what's more important: identity. Again, Iran is the only nation that preserved its identity even after Arab and Mongol invasions: Iranian dynasties appeared two centuries after Arab invasion and restored governments with Iranian identity (e.g. Saffarid and Samanids).

I am not going to waste my time on such nonsense. I stopped reading after seeing your first sentence in that post. It seems to me that you have no clue about Egyptian history or that of the Arab world yet you seem very eager to teach natives about it. I find that very laughable. I am sure that every Egyptian and Arab would so.

You need to do some research...
Egypt influenced has certainely influenced the Med , but since the 1900's...I am talking about 700 BC..and on..

No, I don't. We are not Berbers and have never been so. There is a small Berber minority in Egypt though of no more than 50.000 or so people. They live in the Western desert.
The Egyptian civilization is one of the most influential in history. Nobody doubts this fact. We have been a nation state for almost 6000 years. Our ancient history is unmatched in the region with all due respect. Egypt influenced the Arab world LONG before the 1900's my friend.
Anyway everyone from Morocco to Oman have an Afro-Asiatic heritage. Berbers are obviously included here.
Also may I ask why you are so hostile towards Egypt in general here and other Arab countries? I have seen a few of our Algerian friends being that as well but they are a tiny minority! Is it due to those two stupid football games back in 2009? We spilt blood together not long ago, don't forget this. There is no reason to fight. Instead we should cooperate to restore order in Libya….I will leave for now but I hope you reconsider your behavior here in regards to Egypt. We see Algerians as our brethren just as we see Syrians, Saudi Arabians, Libyans etc. as brethren REGARDLESS of the regimes ruling those countries! At the end of the day all of our regimes are far from being perfect.

Last edited:
Of course no one is pure. And I didn't say Egyptians are pure Arab and Iranians are pure Iranian. I'm talking what's more important: identity. Again, Iran is the only nation that preserved its identity even after Arab and Mongol invasions: Iranian dynasties appeared two centuries after Arab invasion and restored governments with Iranian identity (e.g. Saffarid and Samanids).
What identity? Iran is the most diverse in terms of ethnicity.

800px-Ethnicities_and_religions_in_Iran.png

I am not going to waste my time on such nonsense. I stopped reading after seeing your first sentence in that post. It seems to me that you have no clue about Egyptian history or that of the Arab world yet you seem very eager to teach natives about it. I find that very laughable. I am sure that every Egyptian and Arab would so.
What an emotional person you are. :lol: I, on the other hand, embrace being challenged in such discussions, as I'm very knowledgeable and rational when it comes to history, and I'm not a bigot. As I said earlier, it is natural that modern-day Egyptians laugh at what I say. Your forefathers two centuries ago would not, however, as their identity was "Arab" -- no more, no less. Anyway, what I noted today here is that today some Arabs themselves are not satisfied with their Arab heritage and want more -- digging history of the ancient lost cultures of their soil, trying to find something and claim credit.

What identity? Iran is the most diverse in terms of ethnicity.

800px-Ethnicities_and_religions_in_Iran.png
Bro, that's what makes me laugh when I talk to you guys. You even don't see what identity means. Iran is so diverse more than any other country of the region. If you ask an Iranian Turkmen who you are, he would say Iranian. If you ask a Baluch, ask an Iranian Persian, they would say the same. Surprisingly, Persian speakers in Iran don't use the word "Persian" to describe themselves. We say Iranian. Not to mention that most of what you see on the map are actually called Iranian peoples, or Iranian ethnic groups, and their language and culture are of the same origin. (In Sassanid Iran, even Armenians were considered by Iranians as part of "Aryan"/Iranian peoples, although today we know they are of Caucasians origin).

There is little people of Turkic origin in Turkey, but most of their people's identity (maybe except Kurds) is strongly "Turk". What we mean as identity is what you define yourself. Pakistanis for example are of Indian origin, speaking a language which was historically influenced by Persian, but what we see in Pakistan are a people whose identity is "Muslim" and even close "Arab".

The point I'm trying to make is that Iraq and Egypt were Arabized after the Arab invasion; Iran was Islamized, but never Arabized. Iranians never considered themselves as Arabs, but Iraqis and Egyptians did.

It is riduculouse that we are even discussing these things

Last edited:
Turkey summons Iranian ambassador to Ankara

Turkey summoned Iran's ambassador on Thursday to demand a halt to Iranian media reports linking the execution of a Shi'ite cleric by Saudi Arabia with last week's visit to Riyadh by President Tayyip Erdoğan.

Official sources said that the ministry summoned the ambassador to express Turkey's deep concerns about baseless claims and speculative news against President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan in Iranian media.

"We strongly condemn the linking of our president's recent visit to Saudi Arabia to the executions sentenced in the country in stories published on media outlets linked to Iranian official bodies," the Turkish Foreign Ministry said in a statement.

Foreign ministry officials also said that they told the ambassador that the security of diplomatic missions were under the responsibility of the host country, and because of that the attacks against the Saudi Arabian embassy in Tehran and the consul general in Mashad 'could not be accepted'.

Official sources also said that the ministry summoned the ambassador to express Turkey's deep concerns about baseless claims and speculative news against President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan in Iranian media.

A row has been raging for days between Iran and the kingdom since Saudi Arabia executed Shiite cleric Nimr al-Nimr on terror charges.

Turkey summons Iranian ambassador over media linking Saudi executions with Erdoğans visit - Daily Sabah

For those who don't understand there is a hell of difference between the identity of Iranian Muslims of Muslims of other lands throughout history:

According to Bernard Lewis:
"Iran was indeed Islamized, but it was not Arabized. Persians remained Persians. And after an interval of silence, Iran reemerged as a separate, different and distinctive element within Islam, eventually adding a new element even to Islam itself. Culturally, politically, and most remarkable of all even religiously, the Iranian contribution to this new Islamic civilization is of immense importance. The work of Iranians can be seen in every field of cultural endeavor, including Arabic poetry, to which poets of Iranian origin composing their poems in Arabic made a very significant contribution. In a sense, Iranian Islam is a second advent of Islam itself, a new Islam sometimes referred to as Islam-i Ajam. It was this Persian Islam, rather than the original Arab Islam, that was brought to new areas and new peoples: to the Turks, first in Central Asia and then in the Middle East in the country which came to be called Turkey, and of course to India. The Ottoman Turks brought a form of Iranian civilization to the walls of Vienna."

Source: http://www.tau.ac.il/dayancenter/mel/lewis.html

Bro, that's what makes me laugh when I talk to you guys. You even don't see what identity means. Iran is so diverse more than any other country of the region. If you ask an Iranian Turkmen who you are, he would say Iranian. If you ask a Baluch, ask an Iranian Persian, they would say the same. Surprisingly, Persian speakers in Iran don't use the word "Persian" to describe themselves. We say Iranian. Most of what you see on the map are called Iranian peoples, or Iranian ethnic groups, and their language and culture are of the same origin. (In Sassanid Iran, even Armenians were considered by Iranians as part of "Aryan"/Iranian peoples, although today we know they are of Caucasians origin).

There is little people of Turkic origin in Turkey, but most of their people's identity (maybe except Kurds) is strongly "Turk". What we mean as identity is what you define yourself. Pakistanis for example are of Indian origin, speaking a language which was historically influenced by Persian, but what we see in Pakistan are a people whose identity is "Muslim" and even close "Arab".

The point I'm trying to make is that Iraq and Egypt were Arabized after the Arab invasion; Iran was Islamized, but never Arabized. Iranians never considered themselves as Arabs, but Iraqis and Egyptians did.

Can't you Iranians stop yourself from taking our names in your mouth ?

Here is the "Iranian Turks" for you.

ranian Islam is a second advent of Islam itself, a new Islam sometimes referred to as Islam-i Ajam. It was this Persian Islam, rather than the original Arab Islam, that was brought to new areas and new peoples: to the Turks, first in Central Asia and then in the Middle East in the country which came to be called Turkey,

287e9c03142644331422775855_700wa_0.gif

Can't you Iranians stop yourself from taking our names in your mouth ?

Here is the "Iranian Turks" for you.
We do have a lot dumbass Turks in our country who I have discussed with (the guys who believe Sumerians were Turks and so forth). No one takes them seriousely.

I'm impressed how Turk culture can produce some the most bigot people on earth.

Sorry, that's a quote by Bernard Lewis, not Takaavar or some pan-Iranist.

Turkey summons Iranian ambassador to Ankara

Turkey summoned Iran's ambassador on Thursday to demand a halt to Iranian media reports linking the execution of a Shi'ite cleric by Saudi Arabia with last week's visit to Riyadh by President Tayyip Erdoğan.

Official sources said that the ministry summoned the ambassador to express Turkey's deep concerns about baseless claims and speculative news against President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan in Iranian media.

"We strongly condemn the linking of our president's recent visit to Saudi Arabia to the executions sentenced in the country in stories published on media outlets linked to Iranian official bodies," the Turkish Foreign Ministry said in a statement.

Foreign ministry officials also said that they told the ambassador that the security of diplomatic missions were under the responsibility of the host country, and because of that the attacks against the Saudi Arabian embassy in Tehran and the consul general in Mashad 'could not be accepted'.

Official sources also said that the ministry summoned the ambassador to express Turkey's deep concerns about baseless claims and speculative news against President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan in Iranian media.

A row has been raging for days between Iran and the kingdom since Saudi Arabia executed Shiite cleric Nimr al-Nimr on terror charges.

Turkey summons Iranian ambassador over media linking Saudi executions with Erdoğans visit - Daily Sabah
Well , lost news link, Erdogan show his reservation about Shikh Nimr jail term and warn about potential unrest.

What an emotional person you are. :lol: I, on the other hand, embrace being challenged in such discussions, as I'm very knowledgeable and rational when it comes to history, and I'm not a bigot. As I said earlier, it is natural that modern-day Egyptians laugh at what I say. Your forefathers two centuries ago would not, however, as their identity was "Arab" -- no more, no less. Anyway, what I noted today here is that today some Arabs themselves are not satisfied with their Arab heritage and want more -- digging history of the ancient lost cultures of their soil, trying to find something and claim credit.

Bro, that's what makes me laugh when I talk to you guys. You even don't see what identity means. Iran is so diverse more than any other country of the region. If you ask an Iranian Turkmen who you are, he would say Iranian. If you ask a Baluch, ask an Iranian Persian, they would say the same. Surprisingly, Persian speakers in Iran don't use the word "Persian" to describe themselves. We say Iranian. Most of what you see on the map are called Iranian peoples, or Iranian ethnic groups, and their language and culture are of the same origin. (In Sassanid Iran, even Armenians were considered by Iranians as part of "Aryan"/Iranian peoples, although today we know they are of Caucasians origin).

What the hell are you talking about?
So you're trying to persuade us that Persian/Farsi (فارسي) land or identity wasn't arabized because of what?

Look mate, as you claimed that Fars was never arabized for a reason seems you're the only one who knows.
but for sure Fars history was fabricated by many and many Jewish historians who exaggerated the Farsi era, while Pre-islamic era it was almost nothing but a country has no cultural mean regarding the few sources that were exist before Omar (invaded) Fars as you claimed. Any way, all other ethnicities say that Iran was persianized and they were trying to destroy all other ethnicities' history and wipe their historical existence.

Iran was indeed Islamized, but it was not Arabized. Persians remained Persians.

Sorry but I have to comment on your claims..
You got Arabic influence in your culture, language and so on that is undeniable.. Arabisation would mean something like assimilation and that would be the end of culture and language.. This did not happen to any folk around them(Arabs) wich had some own different culture and power.. Arab influence is in our food, music, language, art... In all Islamic populated countries you can see a culture wich is influenced by Arabic culture..

But you Persian ppl seem to have a obsession with stating out to have nothing to do with Arabs or staying far away from their culture..

Also it seems to be that you have an issue with the Arab conquer of Persia.. It just seems this way as an unresolved problem.. I dont think that this statements from me can be applied to all Persian ppl..

Sorry but I have to comment on your claims..
You got Arabic influence in your culture, language and so on that is undeniable.. Arabisation would mean something like assimilation and that would be the end of culture and language.. This did not happen to any folk around them(Arabs) wich had some own different culture and power.. Arab influence is in our food, music, language, art... In all Islamic populated countries you can see a culture wich is influenced by Arabic culture..

But you Persian ppl seem to have a obsession with stating out to have nothing to do with Arabs or staying far away from their culture..

Also it seems to be that you have an issue with the Arab conquer of Persia.. It just seems this way as an unresolved problem.. I dont think that this statements from me can be applied to all Persian ppl..

They use Arabic alphabet in the first place but they talk about Turkey and Turks.....these crazy Arab wannabe mullahs. :disagree:

Bro, that's what makes me laugh when I talk to you guys. You even don't see what identity means. Iran is so diverse more than any other country of the region. If you ask an Iranian Turkmen who you are, he would say Iranian. If you ask a Baluch, ask an Iranian Persian, they would say the same. Surprisingly, Persian speakers in Iran don't use the word "Persian" to describe themselves. We say Iranian. Not to mention that most of what you see on the map are actually called Iranian peoples, or Iranian ethnic groups, and their language and culture are of the same origin. (In Sassanid Iran, even Armenians were considered by Iranians as part of "Aryan"/Iranian peoples, although today we know they are of Caucasians origin).

I beg to differ, you're mixing up race with nationality. Anyway, this is not our subject.

They use Arabic alphabet in the first place but they talk about Turkey and Turks.....these crazy Arab wannabe mullahs. :disagree:
I always wondered , if at the time of the holy prophet there was only 10 Arab who could read and write from were this Arab alphabet come from and why its so similar to the alphabet of the nations that hundreds of thousands of their people could read and write, for example countries in Mesopotamia, around Mediterranean sea or Iran plateau ?

also I wonder what Arabs think about the fact that it was an Iranian who wrote Arabic Grammar?

Back
Top Bottom