What's new

Saudi Arabia Cuts Ties With Iran

Sorry but I have to comment on your claims..
You got Arabic influence in your culture, language and so on that is undeniable.. Arabisation would mean something like assimilation and that would be the end of culture and language.. This did not happen to any folk around them(Arabs) wich had some own different culture and power.. Arab influence is in our food, music, language, art... In all Islamic populated countries you can see a culture wich is influenced by Arabic culture..

But you Persian ppl seem to have a obsession with stating out to have nothing to do with Arabs or staying far away from their culture..

Also it seems to be that you have an issue with the Arab conquer of Persia.. It just seems this way as an unresolved problem.. I dont think that this statements from me can be applied to all Persian ppl..
Again: that's not a claim by me. Show me one single scholar who contradicts the fact that Iranian identity was never replaced by Arab identity anywhere throughout history.

I beg to differ, you're mixing up race with nationality. Anyway, this is not our subject.
Lol, it was YOU who mixed up ethnicity (and not race) with identity.

Iranian identity is what that has kept these people togother in one country so long. It is what that caused Iranian Arabs to fight on the side of Iran against Iraqi invaders.

What identity? Iran is the most diverse in terms of ethnicity.

800px-Ethnicities_and_religions_in_Iran.png

Identity and ethnicity is completely different.

I always wondered , if at the time of the holy prophet there was only 10 Arab who could read and write from were this Arab alphabet come from and why its so similar to the alphabet of the nations that hundreds of thousands of their people could read and write, for example countries in Mesopotamia, around Mediterranean sea or Iran plateau ?

also I wonder what Arabs think about the fact that it was an Iranian who wrote Arabic Grammar?

R. N. Frye ( Professor of Iranian history at Harvard University) says:
“Apart from the influence of the Persians on the contents of Arabic letters, both prose and poetry, mention must be made of their decisive contributions in both Arabic grammar and lexicography. When one considers that the greatest name in Arabic grammar belongs to Sībawaih [ ] (d. 180 A.H. / 796 A. D.), the Persian Muslim whose work entitled Al-Kitāb[] occupies a unique place even to the present day, and that he is the first of a long list of Persians over the centuries who have left their mark on Arabic grammar, the question arises why a Persian, and not an ‘Arab, was so instrumental in crystallizing Arabic grammar in such a magisterial fashion.” 7
Then he continued: “Ibn Al-Khaldūn [ ] is quite right when he credits the Persians with the foremost role in the development of the philological, grammatical and other Islamic disciplines, while reserving for the early ‘Arabs a sort of political eminence. The implications, here, are in accordance with his well-known theories about the interplay of sedentary and nomadic cultures, the former possessed all the trappings of civilization, the latter having none but the characteristic nomadic virility. The Persians were the cultivated city-dwellers, with the arts and sciences at their disposal; the early ‘Arabs the virile, nomadic group without the refinements of learning at their disposal.”8​

Sorry but I have to comment on your claims..
You got Arabic influence in your culture, language and so on that is undeniable.. Arabisation would mean something like assimilation and that would be the end of culture and language.. This did not happen to any folk around them(Arabs) wich had some own different culture and power.. Arab influence is in our food, music, language, art... In all Islamic populated countries you can see a culture wich is influenced by Arabic culture..

But you Persian ppl seem to have a obsession with stating out to have nothing to do with Arabs or staying far away from their culture..

Also it seems to be that you have an issue with the Arab conquer of Persia.. It just seems this way as an unresolved problem.. I dont think that this statements from me can be applied to all Persian ppl..

I think you misunderstood his point (or I misunderstood his point). We obviously have Arab influences in our country, as we also have influenced from the east of our borders, as also we have influences in recent times from France, Russia, UK, and America. We are not acting like Iran is an island where we have remained the exact same way for the last 3000 years.

But what we mean is that the identity of Iran has remained. This has nothing to do with ethnicity (as we have many ethnicities), but we do have an Iranian identity that has been able to group all the various ethnicities under one umbrella

Its a good thing that despite so much pressure from Saudia Pakistan has done its best to remain neutral. Pakistan was made as a state for oppressed muslims. It should not play a part in exacerbating the divide between sunnis and shias especially since it is home to both communities. Shia Iran should be appreciated for standing up to the west and their colonial policies but it too should try to reduce tensions. The killing of Nimr is a tough pill to swallow for Iran and shias worlwide and in my eyes was a very poor decision but for the sake of the Muslim ummah we must forget this and carry on. Cutting of relations or attacking their embassy benefits no body.

We Pakistanis should step on the platform we have in the OIC and work to bridge the gap and the dispute it represents. We should in no way take sides. Personally though I favor Iran's aggressive policy against the west and its arrogance. I only want it to be more liberal and accomodating at home of its peoples various views and thinking.

I am not going to waste my time on such nonsense.
That is one of the main problem with all of you, you live in complete denial. We are in the 21st century, facing the reality is not going to change who you are...It makes you better. Egypt influence on the arab world started in , and I repeat, in the 1900. I am not denying or disputing ages old Egyptian civilization, but that has no bearing on Arabs, since they were just tribes roaming the desert, before, during after the arrival of Prophet Mohamed (saws). The Turks brought more cultural influence to that region and the British finished it by giving her a semblant of statementship. Egypt influence on the whole area started after WW2 , after Picot-Sykes agreement.

No, I don't. We are not Berbers and have never been so. There is a small Berber minority in Egypt though of no more than 50.000 or so people. They live in the Western desert.

that's a lot bull..
"
Shishak identified as Pharaoh Shoshenq I[edit]

The Bubastite Portal at Karnak, showing thecartouches of Shoshenq I.
In the very early years after the decipherment of Egyptian hieroglyphs, on chronological, historical, and linguistic grounds, nearly all Egyptologists identified Shishak with Shoshenq I. This position was maintained by most scholars ever since, and is still the majority position. The fact that Shoshenq I left behind "explicit records of a campaign into Canaan (scenes; a long list of Canaanite place-names from the Negev to Galilee; stelae), including a stela [found] at Megiddo" supports the traditional interpretation.[3]"

This pharoah was a North African berber...And I am not going to dwelve on it..like I have said do some research about the true lineage of the majority of Egyptien

Also may I ask why you are so hostile towards Egypt in general here and other Arab countries?
criticizing a government doesn't translate to hate to their citizens..You need to get the wax out your ears ...

I have seen a few of our Algerian friends being that as well but they are a tiny minority! Is it due to those two stupid football games back in 2009?
For you it was stupid, for us, a whole nation was insulted by Moubarek lap dogs, by your tv's anchors, by your artist and singers, our team rocked while your police forces were encouraging and ferrying locals to the fieta, despite the heavy price in blood that we spilled in Sinai to defend Egypt, and among the your "ARAB STATES" Algeria was the only one that stayed with EGYPT thru thick and thin. and among the 35,000 Egyptians that were working in Algeria, none of them was molested..That is a difference between a real country, and a banana country.

We spilt blood together not long ago, don't forget this. There is no reason to fight. Instead we should cooperate to restore order in Libya….I will leave for now but I hope you reconsider your behavior here in regards to Egypt. We see Algerians as our brethren just as we see Syrians, Saudi Arabians, Libyans etc. as brethren REGARDLESS of the regimes ruling those countries! At the end of the day all of our regimes are far from being perfect.
agree on that, that the only thing you wrote, that makes sense so far..:cheers:

BREAKING NEWS:

"The Iranian Foreign Ministry has set an ultimatum for Djibouti's diplomats to find their country on the map within 24 hours". according to Keyhan's Hossein Shariatmadari

The US and UK toppled Iran's secular democracy and installed a dictator known as the "Shah" who killed thousands in demonstrations alone; the US was also responsible for shooting an Iranian passenger plane; they have every right to be angry/mad.

You have the right to be angry, not to act like an unruly mob and violate international norms. Lots of countries have grievances against US and UK, but you don't see them storm embassies like the Iranians normally do.

He is over 70 year old and his political carrier start 40 years ago. I would appreciate the beauty of Pakistan democracy. He did agitation against PPP govt right in the middle of capital . But, PPP send him home through dialogue not with bullet. We should appreciate the political system of our country. Even has lots of loop hole. But democracy is continuous refining process. And encourage democracy in the other parts of muslim world. Even its Iran,Iraq or Saudi Arabia. But though peaceful means.

Democracy is the reason we are a sh1thole today....if we took the hard line saudi approach of beheading all these morons we will not have any taliban, TTP, bhutto, PPP , Zardari, Altafu!

Iran is occupying way more Arab and Muslim lands than Israel.

Ahwaz and the UAE islands.

It's clear who's the bigger enemy to Muslims is.

Back
Top Bottom