What's new

Saudi Arabia and Turkey rolling back on rhetoric to send troops into Syria

Spent over 10 billion $ already by hostingmillions of refugees, beside dozens of terrorist groups just next to border which is a threat for national security so now we should sit and wait if everything will be ok ?
That's what I been telling you, that what Pakistan did to neutralize NA alliance in Afghanistan , Pak induced Taliban faction. Exactly same way to neutralize Kurds, Turks backed up ISIS. But these ISIS are headache for Saudis.And US and EU back up kurds, because they help US and EU or NATO in the time of need, plus they have some secret promise with NATO. When Kurds question come in Middle East, even Isreal become silent, cuz they are also part of some unwritten agreement with Kurds All dirty game of interest.....vicious circle

The title of the article is misleading, it doesnt represent the content at all. The article clearly suggest that both sides are waiting how the peacetalks will turn out. If that doesnt work out, expect a full fledged invasion of Saudi-Turkish forces.

I am still amazed as to how you managed to become a Think Tank.

Diplomacy as anesthetic in Syria - The Washington Post

How diplomacy for "peace talks" are being used by world powers as an anesthetic numbing the situation in preparation for completely culling and exterminating Takfiris.

Brilliant plan. Anesthetize and numb it, and then cut the cancer out.

No body would complain then. Not Turks and not Saudis. Since they have been anesthetized. They might cry a bit, but they won't jump in.

There is no master or slave issue but rather a miscalculation on their part assuming that Russia will hold back. The Saudis and Turks are apprehensive of Russian involvement against them or rather involvement without NATO support.

If they did go into a ground war, they would expect NATO support since for one its by treaty and the other unsaid. When that does not exist, then there is no need for them to risk something in a situation which gives them little tangible benefit.

@Daneshmand did you really just give @Audio a negative over a troll post? That's exactly what he wanted you to do, I thought you were better than that. :tsk:

@Daneshmand did you really just give @Audio a negative over a troll post? That's exactly what he wanted you to do, I thought you were better than that. :tsk:

Well, I waited for a while. He had displayed the same kind of behavior with usage of same kind of words in his previous posts directed at me and I let them pass. But when it becomes a form of fetish to respond in that way to me, then I can only assume one thing: That the person really wants to get it, as you yourself also say he wanted it.

It is not about being better or worse. If someone wants it, then he will get it. Otherwise others here say alot worse and I do not give them any ratings. @Audio indeed was demanding it. Begging for it since past week.

Given the massive increase in the income of the average Turk ever since Erdogan and Davotuglu won their first election, may Allah inflict such a curse on Pakistan! Go look up the figures for the economy and prepare to be stunned.

yeah right, corrupt their minds with takfireat and fill their pockets------money isn't every thing----it is human capital that matters---heck even Arabs have sh*t load of money----

Well, I waited for a while. He had displayed the same kind of behavior with usage of same kind of words in his previous posts directed at me and I let them pass. But when it becomes a form of fetish to respond in that way to me, then I can only assume one thing: That the person really wants to get it, as you yourself also say he wanted it.

It is not about being better or worse. If someone wants it, then he will get it. Otherwise others here say alot worse and I do not give them any ratings. @Audio indeed was demanding it. Begging for it since past week.

The irony of it is, you really think Iran will be getting the reigns of ME hegemon and that from now on it's all downhill till finish. It is interesting to observe how you are drunk on blind patriotism, so much so, it clouds your judgement to the point you proclaim daily moves as indicative of events yet to transpire with other factors involved, which you haven't even accounted for. Either due to bias or perhaps even somewhat limited cranial performance.

Sauds and Turks will both go into Syria and Iraq because their internal dynamics dictate them to-US will support them in this, reluctantly on the face ot if, because of pretending to not want to go to war again and pivot away from ME BS, but it will.

Saud two rulers will get lost on a hunting expedition if they loose hegemon status the first year after they came to power, even fixing the king succession system along with it. Thus, they will play to escalate as there is not only their status on the line but literally their lives.

Erdogan cannot allow for major Kurdish "base of operations" to be established anywhere near Turkey. He is leveraging Iraq's Kurds (Turkish troops at Mosul, oil trade from nominally Iraqi land circumventing Iraq oil ministry) against this option but Syrian Kurds have exploited Russian/SAA tempo and carved for themselves a sizeable territory right across the southern Turkish border. To make matters worse, these are Kurds he has no leverage over, he even let them to die to ISIS in Kobani.
Thus, he has no other way than to escalate.

US, for all it's talk, will never let Shia crescent to materialize. AIPAC lobby, Saudi help with $ reserve status as guarantor of security preclude it, nevermind long standing US policy to not let anyone particular country or group of countries rise too much to power on Eurasian continent (Brzezinski doctrine).
Russians themselves will let this, most likely Netanyahu's meetings in Moscow were meant to secure guarantees that any new development won't present existential danger to Israel which Shia crescent most likely would. Shortly after, FTA was signed between Russia/Israel, indicating all sides are happy with all agreements.
Thus, at least in the short term, escalation is the order of the day, mainly to put an organic stop to SAA/RuAF/Hezb advance.

Russians themselves talk of these options:

A high-ranking officer within the joint operations room in Damascus, which includes Russia, Iran and Syria and Hezbollah said, “ there are three possible scenarios in Syria: The first is the Arab ground troops would enter Syria from the Turkish borders, in the area under the so-called “Islamic State” group (ISIS) on the long bordering front from Jarablus to Al-Ra’ee. This can be possible and quickly achievable if a kind of an agreement is reached between Turkey and ISIS. After all, the Jihadist group has to face either the Turkish-Arab forces – that could allow a possible exit – or the Russian-Iranian-Hezbollah forces where there will be no exit”.

“The second scenario is through the Jordanian borders East of Syria up to Raqqa. A longer road but would allow Saudi Arabia to bring its logistic and armoured support to push all the way to the ISIS-controlled land. In both scenarios, these troops, Arabs or Turkish-Arabs, would not clash or contact or even walk into the Russia-Damascus and allies military operational stage. The third scenario is that the Saudi are boosting the moral of the Jihadist by advertising a possible intervention so these don’t surrender easily and hold the ground for as long as possible”.

The “Gates of hell” will be open in the coming months in Syria | Elijah J M | ايليا ج مغناير

Churkin (Russian UN ambasador) himself noted in regards to Assad's vows to retake whole country, not to be overly optimistic and rather accept what RUAF is willing to help him capture.

All this points to an agreement, where each side will go battle it with ISIS and irregulars, but when sovereign forces meet, the line will be drawn there as noone will risk WWIII for Assad/Iranians/Saudis/Turks.

Now, you two bit analist, pretending to be an analyst, give me more negative ratings. Amateur.

Last edited:
The irony of it is, you really think Iran will be getting the reigns of ME hegemon and that from now on it's all downhill till finish.

Sauds and Turks will both go into Syria and Iraq because their internal dynamics dictate them to-US will support them in this, reluctantly on the face ot if, because of pretending to not want to go to war again and pivot away from ME BS, but it will.

Saud two rulers will get lost on a hunting expedition if they loose hegemon status the first year after they came to power, even fixing the king succession system along with it. Thus, they will play to escalate as there is not only their status on the line but literally their lives.

Erdogan cannot allow for major Kurdish "base of operations" to be established anywhere near Turkey. He is leveraging Iraq's Kurds (Turkish troops at Mosul, oil trade from nominally Iraqi land circumventing Iraq oil ministry) against this option but Syrian Kurds have exploited Russian/SDF tempo and carved for themselves a sizeable territory right across the southern Turkish border. To make matters worse, these are Kurds he has no leverage over, he even let them to die to ISIS in Kobani.
Thus, he has no other way than to escalate.

US, for all it's talk, will never let Shia crescent to materialize. AIPAC lobby, Saudi help with $ reserve status as guarantor of security preclude it, nevermind long standing US policy to not let anyone particular country or group of countries rise too much to power on Eurasian continent (Brzezinski doctrine).
Thus, at least in the short term, escalation is the order of the day, mainly to put an organic stop to SAA/RuAf advance.

Now, you two bit analist, pretending to be an analyst, give me more negative ratings. Amateur that's masquerading without knowing basics.

What Saudis are saying is that they are gonna send troops into Syria to fight against Assad only and only if the US take command of these troops something that has been declined by Americans , moreover Saudi Arabia does lack courage and power to manage a battlefield like Syria where ISIS and Syrian army present ... the fact that they barley able to protect their own borders with Yemen and need to hire mercenaries to fight on behalf of them and has already handed half of Yemen to AQ and ISIS .... moreover all those countries that promised to send troops alongside Saudis need to address their own internal problems and issues first therefore there is no sending troops at all ... on Turkey side of story I would say if it wanted to enter Syria it would've done it years ago not now that Aleppo is about to be retaken by Syrian army ... in fact all these huffing and puffing is nothing bur for negotiation table to have something to bargain while realities on the grounds say something else ...

What Saudis are saying is that they are gonna send troops into Syria to fight against Assad only and only if the US take command of these troops something that has been declined by Americans , moreover Saudi Arabia does lack courage and power to manage a battlefield like Syria where ISIS and Syrian army present ... the fact that they barley able to protect their own borders with Yemen and need to hire mercenaries to fight on behalf of them and has already handed half of Yemen to AQ and ISIS .... moreover all those countries that promised to send troops alongside Saudis need to address their own internal problems and issues first therefore there is no sending troops at all ... on Turkey side of story I would say if it wanted to enter Syria it would've done it years ago not now that Aleppo is about to be retaken by Syrian army ... in fact all these huffing and puffing is nothing bur for negotiation table to have something to bargain while realities on the grounds say something else ...

Huffing and puffing doesn't bring weight to negotiation table. Cold hard reality on the ground does and they will want to change that. That's why SAA/RuAF/Hezb is pushing so hard now. Looking at where the advance goes, it is easy to see one avenue of attack is concentrated on Syrian water supply, the other, southern one is focused on oil/gas fields near Homs. In other words, they are capturing assets for Assad to rule with prior to negotiation table.
I am in no way way saying Saudis are world's best soldiers and what their performance will be, i am only saying they will venture forward as that is the only option they have. backing down now = defeat = loss of king status (because of the princes who feel left out with recent change of succession mechanism) = loss of life.

As for the rest, you believe too much what US says. Best course is to observe what US does, recent allocation of AWACS to Turkey sure doesn't bode well for any pacifist solution to the problem as there are only a finite number of ways this aircraft is usable around Syria and none of them are defensive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom